The Lost One Ch. 12

Story Info
The final duel as Dark and Light collide.
6.3k words
4.71
5.6k
0

Part 11 of the 12 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/25/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers

A/N: Here it is, the big battle. Thank you BlackStallion21 for editing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

XXII.

The Prophecy

Is Fulfilled

This was it; the time for the epic battle between the Child of Light and the Evil One to begin. Both Pristine and Zeather fought each other like they did centuries ago. No one could figure out who was winning. Even the gods, who were watching from the Heavens, couldn't tell who was winning. Corlana, who was the epitome of patience, was pacing back in forth in front of a big globe that displayed the fight. She was all white and her eyes held no pupils.

"My sister, she will win." said a man with long brown hair and green robes.

"Gyrian is right sister Corlana. You're daughter is strong and will prevail." added a woman with gray and light blue-gray hair.

"I know sister Zephelle, but a mother is entitled to worry right?" Corlana asked.

"We all are worried." nodded a man with hair that was in different shades of blue.

"But she can't do it alone brother Oconis. She needs the four Guardians." Corlana replied.

"Have faith sister! That daughter of yours knows what she's doing. And while we can't do anything now, we can have faith in her." encouraged a woman with gold and red hair.

"Thank you sister Roweena. I do have faith. I know things will be all right."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, the others continued to watch the fight.

"Since when did Pristine become an excellent sword fighter?" asked Ophealia.

"I have no idea." answered Kyra as she watched her best friend in awe.

At times the two fought so fast, even Pixie and the elves had trouble seeing them. And at other times it seemed like they were battling in slow motion for their actions and counters were precise and deliberated.

"It's as if the other person knows exactly what the other is going to do." pointed out Aaron.

Suddenly, Zeather lunged with his sword at Pristine, aiming for her neck. Instead, Pristine barely dodged it and the sword nicked her as it came in between her neck and the strap of her bag, which contained the Crystal of Life. The Evil One ripped the bag off as it flew and the crystal came out. Everyone gasped when a flying demon caught it. Then out of nowhere, a beam of light zapped the creature. It did not kill it, but it knocked it out as it dropped the crystal. As quickly as she could, Pristine jumped and grabbed the crystal as it fell. When Pristine landed, who should appear but the unicorn as she flew down and landed next to Pristine. The crowd gasped except the dragons, Drackor, and Inion. The minute the princess appeared, all the good mystical creatures bowed. The good humans followed suit. Zeather eyed the two angrily as well as in disbelief.

"You're reign is over, Evil One!" Pristine said.

As the crystal glowed, Pristine gave it to the unicorn, which held it in her mouth. The unicorn's horn and Pristine's sword started to glow as well. Zeather screamed and charged them. Pristine charged as well. They both attacked at the same time. There was a collision of dark and light energy as Pristine's sword broke Zeather's in half and the force of it blasted the Evil One backward. The good guys cheered.

"That's the way to do it Pristine!" hollered Kyra.

Also, when the sword broke, four balls of light sprang from it: one green, one gray, one red, and one blue. The unicorn came up to Pristine, the crystal still in her mouth. The four lights formed a circle around the two.

"What are those things?" asked Ophealia.

"The spirits of four lost unicorns. Zeather had taken four souls of the most powerful unicorns and placed them in his sword." explained Inion.

"They were also the first unicorns to lose their souls." added Slycer.

Pristine looked at the souls and taking the crystal from the unicorn, replied, "Spirits of Serenai, bring back the four lost bodies of these souls!"

The earth began to rumble as four holes opened up from the ground. Four figures floated up, perfectly preserved saved for the fatal injury each held.

"Whoa, you mean to tell me that their bodies never rotted after all this time?" asked Aaron.

"Remember that unicorns live for a long time so twenty-eight years is a mere grain of sand for them. Also, the Spirits of Nature used up almost all their energy preserving the bodies of not just these unicorns but all the others so they could be awaken when the time is right. That is how they became chaotic." replied Drackor.

Everyone turned to the four figures on the ground. All of them were young ladies. One was decked in green garments and her wavy short hair was brown.

"It's Joyce! The princess's cousin! She's an earth unicorn." gasped a winged-lion.

Another figure was covered in gray clothes and curly hair that was silvery gray.

"My goodness! It's Grace the wind unicorn." gasped a gryphon.

The third figure wore fiery clothing and had red hair.

"Fanesse, the fire unicorn." replied a dwarf.

The last figure was a blue hair maiden with light blue clothing.

"It's my friend, Allora, the water unicorn." replied Pixie with tears in her eyes.

"Oh Pixie." comforted Ophealia.

Pristine and the unicorn looked at each other, sadness and anger reflecting in each others' eyes. These four were the princess's closest friends and confidants as well as her court. Pristine nodded and the unicorn went on her hind legs before neighing as her horn lit up. The four figures lit up and their bodies were healed. The souls returned to their bodies. By this time Zeather recovered.

"Surrender Zeather! Otherwise I'll be force to destroy you!" commanded Pristine.

"It's not over yet." laughed the Evil One.

Suddenly, Zeather threw a spear of negative energy right at Pristine! Pristine and the unicorn screamed as the spear stabbed through Pristine's stomach and came out her back. The two instantly fell. The others would had rushed forward if Drackor did not place a barrier around the inner circle.

"Don't worry. Everything will be fine." he assured.

He hoped so at least. It was especially hard for him to stand there and watch as a person he cared about was seriously hurt. Then, to everyone else's surprise, Pristine started to pull the spear out of her. Instead of red blood, white blood gushed out of. The same thing was happening to the unicorn. The spear shattered when Pristine pulled it out.

"You're right . . . Zeather. . . It isn't . . over." Pristine struggled to say before grabbing the crystal, which started to glow once more.

She looked at the unicorn, who managed to sit up, and whispered, "It's time."

Pristine raised her free hand as the unicorn lowered her horn. Zeather saw what was happening and charged toward them. Finally for what seemed like an eternity, Pristine's finger and the tip of the unicorn's horn touched. Instantly, light engulfed them both and blasted Zeather back.

The sun set as Drackor shouted, "The Prophecy of Dark and Light will be fulfilled! Arise daughter of Corlana!!!"

"WHAT?!!" replied Pixie, Mallian, and Drock.

"'There will come a time when darkness covers our galaxy,'" said Slycer, repeating the words of the prophecy.

"'Then one day a Child of Light,'" continued Xack.

"'Whose soul was split into two,'" added Lola.

"'Will vanquish the evil and restore the balance of light and dark, and bring peace to the galaxy.'" finished Inion.

"What's this? How come we never heard of this prophecy?" asked Pixie.

"Because your kind wasn't there in the beginning when the prophecy was foretold. Drackor, unicorns, and dragons were the only ones. Drackor told me because I'm his closest friend and I knew the royal family really well." explained Inion.

"So Pristine's the . . ." started Kyra, who's eyes never left the light.

"Indeed she is." smiled Mallian.

"That's why you five joined us! You knew Pristine was the unicorn princess and wanted to protect her!" replied Ophealia when she looked at Mallian, Drock, Pixie, Lola, and Xack.

They just nodded. During this time, the light split into two separate lights and they swirled into the sky before combining again. The light revealed a female figure. The light around her formed into a white dress and cloak and the Crystal of Life appeared on a necklace around her neck. There was a glimmering, transparent crown on her head and her hair turned into flowing white ringlets. Her face was completely pale with silver and gold tones. When she opened her eyes, they were not blue, but clear and there were no pupils. Her sword was in a scabbard on her side. There was a clear crystal on her forehead and wings of light sprang from her back. She landed to the ground. She looked serene, yet formidable at the same time.

When Zeather finally saw her, he hollered, "You! I thought I destroyed you one thousand and a hundred years ago!"

Pristine looked at Zeather and said in a regal, angelic voice, "You were wrong. I am the princess of the unicorns and I am Corlana's daughter. I will restore the balance of light and dark."

"You can't be that unicorn brat! I killed her twenty-eight years ago!"

"Still need proof? Very well, I will take you-all back to that day twenty-eight years ago."

The Child of Light raised her hands as light engulfed them all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the light settled down, the scenery looked different. The atmosphere looked peaceful and alive. Unicorns were gazing about and different folk walked around doing their businesses. In the courtyard of the castle, five young ladies practiced swordplay with their instructor. The five were Pristine, Joyce, Allora, Fanesse, and Grace and their teacher was Slycer. They were practicing combining both of their elements and physical skills. Onlookers watched them as it was their habit. Amongst them was Inion.

"Take that!" shouted Fanesse as she emitted fire from her blade at Pristine.

Pristine shouted in ancient language, "Shield!"

As globe of white light absorbed the flame before bouncing it back at Fanesse, this time as white fire.

"Yikes!" Fanesse flipped so the ball of fire hit a bale of hay. It caught fire, but Allora was there to douse the fire.

"Nice one Pristine. Not many can dodge that one." grinned Fanesse.

"Hehe, Drackor taught me that one." Pristine laughed.

"You two should be more careful. You could have easily hit someone." rebuked Grace.

"Yes, you are right Grace." agreed Pristine.

"Man, Grace, you always ruin the fun." complained Fanesse.

"She's only trying to look out for us. After all she is the eldest of us five." replied Joyce.

"All right now ladies, that's enough talking. We're done practicing for the day." replied Slycer, who was watching them.

"Thank-you Slycer." bowed Allora.

"Come on! Let's go see Penelope's new foal!" jumped Joyce before running out the castle gate.

Fanesse was right behind her as well as Allora and Grace. Allora looked back at Pristine.

"You coming Pristine?" asked Allora.

"I'll catch up with you." Pristine replied before running into the garden area.

Several of the servants and other visitors waved to her. Pristine went into the hedge maze in the center of the garden and made her way to the middle. It's big enough to hold a small gazebo and bench. Pristine laid on the swinging bench.

"Boy, fighting lessons with Slycer can be exhausting."

Before she realized it, she fell asleep.

"Thank-you for coming by ladies. Where's her highness?" asked Penelope, who's Allora's oldest sister.

Right now they were in her nursery where she rocked an infant in her arms. The baby was in a light blue blanket. Allora's sister looked similar to Allora. Only her hair was dark blue and in a bun. Allora preferred to have her hair down. Even during practice, Allora's hair was only half up as it was right now. The only time she ever put her hair up was during a ball or formal affair.

"Oh Pristine should be here soon. Can I hold my nephew?" asked Allora.

"Sure."

Penelope handed the sleeping babe to her.

"What's his name again?" asked Grace.

"Niron. He's looks just like his father doesn't he?" asked Penelope.

"Yes, he does sister." agreed Allora.

"Pristine should have been here by now. Where is she?" asked Joyce.

"I don't know, but she does this all the time." answered Fanesse.

They heard a knock.

"I'll get it mommy!" shouted Penelope's daughter, Symphony.

The toddler opened the door only to see Xack at the door.

"Xack? What are you doing here?" asked Grace.

"Sorry girls, but storm clouds are approaching and the king and queen want you four back as soon as possible. Where's the princess?" he asked.

"Oh, she was suppose to meet up with us here. She might be still at the castle." replied Allora.

"Let's go look for her there." replied Joyce.

"I swear that girl is as bad as me sometimes." sighed Fanesse.

"We'll see you later sister." replied Allora before the girls left with Xack.

The dark clouds rolled in quickly and the wind picked up. Drackor knew this was a sign of the things to come. Still a tear ran down his eye. He knew this day would come, but that didn't mean he liked it. Far from it; he always dreaded this day. For the moment, the castle was in a small panic looking for Pristine. Pristine's court rushed outside into the garden area.

"Have you found her Allora?" asked Joyce.

"Sorry, Joyce." replied Allora.

"Ladies! I've just heard that humans have started attacking the dwarfs in the Silver Mountains as well as the Forest of Fotain!" announced Fanesse as she rushed toward them.

"Oh-no! Pixie's family lives in that forest!" gasped Allora.

"Something is wrong. Even Drackor has gone off." added Grace.

Suddenly, a blast of negative energy shot from the black sky and landed on Grace. Grace screamed before a spear of darkness shot down and pierces her heart and her soul came out her body and floated into the darkness. The second the spear hit her, Grace died as the others screamed in agony. Pristine appeared out of the maze in time to see the attack. Fanesse began attacking the dark sky. Fire unicorns were aggressive at times and angered easily. Fanesse was beyond angry.

"Grace!! Grace wake up!" Pristine screamed as she held her fallen friend.

"Pristine! Get inside! It's dangerous out here!" Allora told her.

They heard Fanesse screamed as a beam of negativity settled upon her and a spear killed her too. Joyce tried to help but was soon killed too.

"No!!!" Pristine screamed as she rushed toward them.

"Pristine!! Watch out!!" Allora pushed Pristine out of the way and got caught in a negativity blast.

"ALLORA!!!"

Pristine hollered as she watched her friend's soul got taken.

"Princess!! There's nothing you can do now. Come!" Slycer lifted a frantic princess into his arms.

"No!! I have to save them!! Cousin!! Fanesse!! Grace!! Allora!!"

"I am sorry princess."

For once Slycer felt like he let Pristine down. Suddenly beams of negativity shot down all over the kingdom. Drackor quickly put up the barriers.

"Slycer!! What happened?" asked Loreanna as Slycer brought in a very quiet and still Pristine.

She ran up to her daughter and hugged her as she cried. Seeing the brokenness inside of Pristine's eyes tore at her heart.

"Momma, they died. The darkness took them." Pristine said, her voice quiet and in shock.

"Oh my poor baby! Mother's here now." Loreanna cooed.

"What do I do now?"

"Go to your room, sweet pea. We'll be there soon." replied Elios as he ran a hand over his daughter's head.

"Okay daddy, but I want to help." replied Pristine.

"You can help when you're feeling better okay?"

"All right."

Pristine looked outside her window and watched as her home crumbled around her. Slycer watched her with concern.

"I want to help Slycer."

"Your safety should be your main priority, princess."

"Slycer, why is this happening?"

"I wish I knew, your highness."

Suddenly, the outer wall was blasted at.

"Slycer! The ceiling is collapsing!"

Slycer immediately changed into a dragon and ordered, "Get on princess!"

Pristine jumped on and Slycer took off without a moment to spare. However, as soon as they flew outside, beams of dark light started shooting at them. Slycer barely managed to dodge them. That's when a dark figure appeared.

"Who's that?" asked Pristine.

"I don't know and I don't want to find out." said Slycer as he flew away.

Just as he flew away, the dark figure threw a wave of negative energy at the two. Slycer saw this and turned just in time so the negative energy only hit him. He hollered as he fell to the ground.

"Slycer! No! Not you too!" shouted the princess.

She tried to heal him, but there's a force field around him.

"You can't heal him. I've placed a curse on him." said someone.

Pristine turned to see the dark figure. She drew her sword and faced the dark one. She immediately knew who it was.

"I know who you are. You are Zeather, aren't you? I've heard about you." she replied angrily.

"Very good princess. Do you really think you can defeat me?"

"I can sure try."

Pristine charged him. Zeather's sword quickly appeared. The two fought until Zeather knocked Pristine's sword out of her hand. Pristine was cornered!

"Now I've got you."

But before he did anything else, Slycer lunged at him and bit onto his shoulder. Zeather hollered before engulfing himself in darkness which caused Slycer to scream in anguish. When it died down, Slycer collapsed and changed into his human form. He was covered in blood.

Still, he struggled and replied, "Fight me you coward!"

"Slycer!" shouted Pristine as she started to run toward him.

But before she got to him, Zeather appeared in front of her and thrust his sword into her. Pristine screamed so loud that every living thing heard it. She died as Zeather pulled his sword out and caught her. Then Xack appeared.

"Slycer! Princess!"

At that moment, Slycer lunged at the Evil One. There was a blast as Slycer and the Evil One vanished. The princess hung in the air. That was when the rulers and Drackor appeared.

"PRISTINE!! NO!!" cried the queen as she dropped to the ground.

"The darkness has her! We were too late!" replied Xack.

"It is not too late. Her soul is still alive." commented Elios as he held his wife.

"What can we do though?" asked Xack.

"We must preserve her soul and sent it to the future. It is what's been ordained." explained Loreanna as she tried to regain her composure.

"But how, oh-no! You're not seriously thinking-?" exclaimed Xack.

"It's the only way. Drackor, the crystal." ordered the king.

"You do realize the consequences?" asked Drackor as he handed it to Elios.

"Yes, I do." said Elios.

"Elios, I am doing this too." replied Loreanna.

"Loreanna-"

"No! I am helping you. Besides, I couldn't live a day without you."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

The two kissed one last time.

"Drackor, please look after Pristine." said Elios.

"I will. Good-luck to you."

"Good-luck." added Xack.

The couple nodded before holding the Crystal of Life between them. They replied ancient words as light engulfed them and shot toward Pristine. It surrounded her before the area lit up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the light died down, the scenery changed back to the present time.

"So you see Zeather. You never completely destroyed me. Now I shall defeat you." said Pristine.

"You want to face me? Fine! Let's see you try this then!" taunted Zeather as he split into five different figures of himself.

Pristine remains calmed, but she knew she was in for a challenge.

"I will not lose. I will defeat you, all of you!"

"Ha ha! How can you? You're all alone!" one shouted.

Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers
12