The Lost Valkyrie Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

********************

In the two days following his "sparring" with Tyna, the Captain had watched in growing approval and respect - as well as desire - as she'd expertly trained his men in a variety of techniques and tactics useful for killing demons. By the Gods, where the hell had this girl learned all this stuff? She was incredible.

And the men were picking it up well, too. They'd need time to master all they were learning, but they'd be able to continue training on their own, at this point. The Captain almost WANTED another demon attack, just so his men could test their new skills!

Of course, that was foolhardy, but it was hard to be patient. The shieldmaiden had brought them new hope! The Captain felt embarrassed as he considered just how low the morale of his men had become, before!

Now they practically worshiped their lovely instructor, who had shown them over and over just how skilled she was with the blade. And more. Bow and arrow, spear, hammer, ax, even hand-to-hand.

The Captain thought back to his "sparring session" with her, amazed he'd been able to best her. It was no secret the man had been against allowing women to become shieldmaidens in Bollurgard, to the point there were virtually none left in the kingdom. But here was a woman who was more than his match in combat skills.

At this point, he practically worshiped the young woman, too.

"By the Gods, what a woman," he'd said to himself over and over.

And he made every excuse to be close to her during training, reminding her of his interest. He felt he could barely take his eyes off her, and the men noticed, teasing him about it whenever they got the chance.

As for Tyna, herself, he felt sure she liked him, but she seemed shy, and she'd taken some care to make sure she wasn't alone with him since the evening of their sparring match.

The Captain frowned as he considered this.

"What's changed since last time?" he wondered. Was she angry at his teasing? But no matter. No woman had ever been able to resist his charms for long, and Tyna would be no different! And it would happen, soon!

********************

Tyna was feeling great after another successful training session with "the boys," as she thought of them. They were making her proud, and she knew for sure they'd have a much better chance of living the next time they encountered a demon.

Now that the morning training was over, the boys dispersed to go take care of their various tasks on their farms, boats, and shops. And Tyna had the afternoon free!

"What to do?" she thought to herself.

Hmmm. She saw the Captain hanging around, looking like he was waiting for a chance to talk to her.

The Valkyrie's feelings about another encounter with the Captain were decidedly mixed. On the one hand, seeing him or thinking about what had happened last time made her heart beat faster. The way he'd held her, and the way he'd kissed her had been really exciting.

It made her tingly just recalling it!

On the other hand, something warned her about getting too close to him. She had a nagging sense of something a little dangerous about that man - maybe more than a little dangerous - and she couldn't quite shake it, despite trying over the last couple of days.

Notwithstanding her inexperience and lack of specific memories of any interaction with men, Tyna knew she wanted a "good" man. A man who simply took what he wanted didn't fit the idea - not to her - and the Captain had been pretty forward with her. In the end, though she felt tempted to see how far he'd go if she let him close to her again, she'd avoided him the last two days.

Should the young woman give him another chance, today?

"No, not today," she decided.

Instead, Tyna looked around the valley surrounding the village, at the surrounding forest and hills. She'd not taken the time to enjoy the beauty of the little country since arriving in the middle of a dark, gloomy night.

"What a lovely place!" she said out loud in the village center as she gazed outwards.

It was lovely indeed. Scenic and peaceful in the afternoon sun, a cool breeze blowing through the distant trees, their boughs waving as if beckoning to her. And so, she decided to go exploring. BOOM

***************

King Ulf had gotten in the habit of trying to watch at least a little each day of the training that Tyna had been giving. He'd even picked up a few ideas on demon-fighting, himself!

Not to mention the pretty shieldmaiden was a joy to watch. Her face was beautiful, and her eyes sparkled! Her voice was musical even when barking out commands to her students! Her movements were lithe and graceful, and at times she almost seemed to glow in the village sparring grounds.

His intuition about her earlier had been right on target, he decided. When she had people to talk to her, she blossomed like a spring flower. Ulf could watch that girl talk, laugh, and move around all day long, if only his many responsibilities would permit it.

All too soon, the training was done for that day, and Ulf returned to "King stuff." Gods knew there was enough of THAT. He'd gotten a reply from King Knud, one of his neighbors, to his offer of an alliance. There was much to do!

It was an hour later or so, after talking to the blacksmith about some defensive metalworks he had in mind, that he looked up and happened to see Tyna in the distance traveling one of the paths in the hills above the village. She must have gone for a walk after training was over. Off on a little adventure!

Maybe the King was feeling overprotective (yes), or maybe it was an excuse to see her again (YES), but Ulf felt like going out to watch over her. Demons or no demons, the forest was NOT always safe for a woman alone.

Walking over to the stable, he called for his horse, and the stableboy there brought the beast to him quickly.

"Tell the Captain if anyone needs me, I've gone out for a ride," he told the boy.

"I haven't seen him since this morning, my Lord," the boy said. "But I'll try to find him."

The King nodded. The Captain was a busy man, too.

"If you cannot find him, find my sister," he instructed. And he left, setting a steady, ground-eating pace for his steed so that he'd catch up to the young shieldmaiden sooner, rather than later.

***************

Packing a few things, the Valkyrie had set out on foot down a promising-looking path she'd found leading out of the village. She wished she had a horse, but in her haste to leave there was no time to take one. Her feet would have to suffice!

Out in the dense forest, now, the village well behind her, it was sunny and warm, so even in the relative shade of the forest, it was quite comfortable. The young warrior girl felt happy as she saw the birds and squirrels that lived in the area. She even saw some deer on her way along a winding path that led her slowly upwards, into higher ground. It was beautiful out here!

Occasionally Tyna found clearings on the hillsides, and then she'd go back under more trees. Soon, the path was winding along a babbling brook, its water making its way swiftly down from the hills above, cold and clear.

There was a greater sound in the distance ahead: it seemed the water there was louder, and it grew louder still as she moved closer. She came out in a small clearing and found the stream she'd been following had a beautiful waterfall with a clear pool there on the side of the hills around Bollurgard.

What an idyllic setting!

Tyna felt dusty from her sparring work that morning, and now that she was also a little sweaty from her lengthy hike from the village, she was seized with a sudden desire for a cool, cleansing swim in the pool. She'd not seen a soul since leaving the village, and soon she was shedding her clothing, laying her blade, boots, and armor beside the water before wading into the pond.

It was cold! But the Valkyrie didn't mind, and she laughed as she dove in, under the water. Swimming along a short way before coming up again, the water streamed down from her head and hair all along her naked body.

It wasn't long before she was standing under the fall, the water cascading down on her, washing the remaining dust from her long hair and smooth, pale skin.

How delightful! Tyna would hate leaving this spot. She took her time, enjoying as much as she could, eyes closed as she let the cold water pound down on her.

But as she bathed, the Valkyrie began to get a sense that someone was near. Someone who was WATCHING her. She was coming to terms with these feelings she got from time to time, learning to trust them.

It might just be an animal. But she didn't think so.

Her eyes still closed, Tyna called out. "I know you're there, watching. Why don't you come out of hiding and talk?"

There was nothing but the pounding of the waterfall to answer her, and she opened her eyes.

Now glaring around the area of the clearing, she called out again.

"Either come out or slink away in shame. If you make me come after you, I'm bringing my blade with me," she declared in a clear voice. Tyna felt like she could handle any ruffian who might have come along.

A man stepped out from behind a large rock near the pool and into her view.

"Ohhhhh, fancy meeting YOU here, my Lady," the man said, acting casual as he eyed her naked body, glistening wet in the sun.

It was the Captain.

By the Gods, that man!

Now, it is known that the Valkyries, living as they did in groups, had little privacy and little modesty about showing their bodies, at least to each other. And it's been told how Rune changed her clothing without shame or embarrassment in the village after she stabbed the demon the first time.

But this felt different to Tyna than other times. The Captain's gaze was full of his desire for her, and here he'd been watching her naked for who knows how long. Maybe from the start? The girl wasn't sure. Besides the liberties he'd already taken with her, now he'd been spying on her!

It sparked something inside her, and the Valkyrie felt very shy to let him see her this way. THIS man didn't need ANY encouragement, and she reflexively covered her nudity with her arms and hands as he continued to gaze upon her. She was blushing deeply even BEFORE he started quickly taking his clothing off!

"What are you doing," the young woman asked in surprise and growing alarm.

"I thought I'd join you for a swim, my Lady," he replied, a devilish gleam in his eye.

Now Tyna started getting furious at him as well as being embarrassed. "Please LEAVE. You presume too much. Your behavior is unworthy of your position."

He completed undressing as she spoke, and now he stood there as naked as she was. To his credit, he looked great naked, at least, and she couldn't help letting her eyes take him in. All of him.

"My Lady, please don't be angry. I know you want me. You have ever since we kissed. If you allow me to join you, you won't regret it, I promise you."

Again with the presumption! The man seemed irrepressibly pleased with himself, the girl decided, and her eyes narrowed as she held him in derision.

"You go too far, Sir," she replied, speaking with cold formality, her fury barely masked. But her words seemed to hardly touch the man at all.

"By the Gods! He's going to come in here, anyway," she thought as the Captain ignored her angry protest.

And he dove smoothly into the clear pond, like an arrow, his muscled body slicing through the water so cleanly that he made barely a splash!

When the Captain came up for air, he was right at Tyna's feet. Rising up before her as he got to his feet, he had a playful smirking expression on his face.

"Please don't be angry with..." he started to say, even as water cascaded from his long hair, down over the rippling muscles of his naked body. He was close enough to touch her, now, and he started to reach out as he spoke.

He didn't get to finish, as Tyna's fist crunched heavily into his nose, sending the man tumbling backward into the water, taking him completely by surprise.

"By the Gods, I might have to wrestle her into submission," the Captain thought as he splashed around, trying to regain his footing - and failing. Who the hell knew a girl could punch with that sort of power?

"GET AWAY FROM ME!!!" the young woman screamed, not even bothering to try to cover her nudity any longer.

And even as his nose throbbed in pain, broken perhaps, the Captain had a moment to admire the shieldmaiden's pale form. Water dripped freely from her breasts as they hung from her chest like ripe melons, then ran smoothly over her generous hips, and down her muscular legs. No amount of anger on her face could make her less lovely to him!

"My Lady... please..." the man started to say placatingly.

But Tyna wasn't listening. The more he talked, the more furious she got, and now she felt a righteous heat and glow coming from inside her. The light got steadily brighter, filling her field of view in front of her even as she started to feel an eruption coming from inside.

She wanted him GONE. NOW. Or else something bad was going to happen to him; she could feel it.

But the Captain wasn't even looking at her! He'd stopped trying to reason with or soothe her, too. He was looking off to her left side, and the maddening smirk had left his face. Suddenly, the man looked somehow frightened. And he wasn't frightened of Tyna!

The shieldmaiden finally looked over to her left, following the man's gaze...

There she saw a bear standing amongst the trees beyond the water's edge. A HUGE bear, and it was glaring at the two of them intently. Can bears glare? This one could! As she watched, it started to shamble towards them, moving fast and letting out a thunderous roar!

Tyna gasped: the beast would be on them in seconds!

Suddenly the Captain took her by the hand.

"Behind me, my Lady," he shouted as he pulled her towards where he'd left his blade, retrieving his weapon while also placing himself between her and the bear.

He held his blade up between himself and the shaggy brute of an animal and made himself look as big as possible!

"BACK! BE OFF WITH YOU!" he shouted, waving the razor-sharp sword menacingly.

The bear was having none of it! Standing up on its hind legs, it now rose four or more feet taller than the Captain, and it roared at him with what seemed like mindless fury.

The man stabbed at it with a forward lunge! If he could show the creature how dangerous his blade was, he was sure it would move on and leave them alone! And his blade seemed to bite deep, sinking into the bear. HA! Take that!

Tyna saw all this mostly from the side of her eyes as she retrieved her own blade. Turning back to join the fight, she gasped as the bear seemed to ignore the Captain's sword thrust, moving into him and knocking him backward, into the water as it fell forward on top of him, big claws trying to rake him under the surface of the pool.

In an instant she lept up against the side of one of the rocks near the water, using it to spring into the air, and down at the bear's head, her blade coming down in a murderous arc!

The shieldmaiden's chop seemed to bite into the creature, but only a little! And at that moment, she noticed two more things: the bear stank of demon, and its eyes were dull, glazed over, yet somehow looking purely evil. This was no normal bear!

"By the Gods!" she had time to think as the bear rose up on hind legs and swatted at her where she'd landed. Claws bit into her flesh and the massive paw sent her body flying off to land almost at the waterfall, her blood immediately staining the frothy water.

"DIE!!!" came a fierce cry from the Captain as his blade thrust into the shaggy animal a second time, this time from the side, before pulling back, ready to strike again.

Despite how deep this blow sank into the beast, it seemed to feel almost no pain as it turned on the Captain once more. Its roar was defiant and seemed to promise death as it began lumbering towards him, ignoring the threat of his sword.

Things were not looking good at all! Tyna was bleeding heavily and could hardly move one of her arms, and the Captain was facing this creature - somehow demonically imbued with power - all alone.

At that moment, a sound of a galloping horse arose from the path nearby, and as the girl looked that way, the King came around the bend at full speed, spear in hand!

And not a moment too soon! With a cry, Ulf threw his spear, his aim perfect as the weapon pierced deep into the bear's side. The King leaped from his horse, blade already drawn and ready to join the fray!

The savage animal cried out in pain at this fourth injury, the spear remaining stuck there as it seemed to decide these people were not worth its time. With a final defiant roar, it began to shuffle back into the forest.

The King looked like he might follow the beast, but the Captain cried out to him.

"My Lord..." he started, pointing over towards the waterfall. "The Lady!"

Looking over to where the Captain pointed, Ulf felt his desire to kill the bear melt away. Lady Tyna was sitting in the water, one arm and shoulder looking shredded!

"Allfather save us!" he cried, jumping into the pool and splashing noisily past the Captain, who looked a little dazed now that the sudden, furious fight was over.

Reaching the injured woman, he knelt next to her, his worry written all over his sturdy Viking face.

"My Lady," he said to her gently. "You are injured."

Yeah. DUH. But he was so sweet, she had to smile at him.

"It is kind of you to notice, my Lord," she replied with a hint of amusement.

She could see he'd noticed more than that as she watched his eyes flick over her naked body. At least he didn't stare as the Captain had.

Her fight with the lecherous Captain seemed a month ago, now. The man had put himself between her and the demon bear without a moment's thought or hesitation. She'd been so preoccupied with her fury she might not have noticed the creature until it was tearing her apart!

The man had saved her life. Whatever his faults, he had acted brave and true when it mattered. Whatever anger she had towards him a few minutes ago was gone.

And the King... He'd most likely saved BOTH their lives!

All these thoughts flew through her head in moments as the King began to form a makeshift bandage for her wounds. She noticed the man trying NOT to look at her body, now.

And he spoke to the Captain while he worked.

"Captain, go, track the bear. It's badly wounded. Follow it, find it, and kill it. We can't have that creature attacking more of our people."

"It will be done, my Lord," the Captain replied. "But what of the Lady?"

"I will carry her back to the Physician," the King responded. "We should make haste."

"Yes, my Lord," the Captain agreed, looking ready to depart. "Don't worry. The bear didn't get a scratch on me. I'm going to kill it."

The King chuckled. "Your face might disagree with you, my friend. You are bleeding and swelling."

"Oh that,' the Captain laughed in reply. "That wasn't the bear. That was a gift from the Lady."

Listening to this exchange, Tyna blushed.

The King raised an eyebrow. "Was it, indeed? Smart Lady," he replied to the Captain while looking at her. And he winked at her!

Now the girl's blush deepened.

"She is, my Lord." the Captain agreed before pausing. "I'll be off. That bear was not natural. It can't be left alive."

"Agreed. And Captain," the King added, looking over at his friend for the first time during this short conversation.

"My Lord?"

"Put some clothes on. You can't hunt a bear naked."

The Captain might be a horndog, but even he had the modesty to blush at this.

"Yes, my Lord," he responded, and she saw him getting dressed quickly.

As the Captain moved out, following the path of the bear, Tyna was worried.