The Lost Wives Running Club Pt. 01

Story Info
Women discovering the joys of running and each other.
4.9k words
5.3k
11
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Nice garden!"

"Nice ass!"

OK, she spoke those first words, the second were thought by me.

I had been tending the garden when she ran by. I had been concentrating so much on trying to get that damn vine out of the ground without pulling out the coneflowers with it, I did not hear her coming. But when she tossed out that casual compliment while running past my house, she unknowingly cracked open a couple of doors to my new life path.

Let us back up here a little bit first.

I had loved running since I was a little girl, taking off down the sidewalk as fast as I could and seeing how far I could run. I kept it up until high school, when my parents got me to join the cross-country team. From there, it went from being a fun activity to work. And to being too damn competitive. So, I lost interest.

Meanwhile, there were boys. Oh yes, I had interest. But I was an awkward teen, a little bit taller and ganglier than normal. Yes, I liked a lot of boys in high school, but I was too shy to do anything about it. Did I look at girls, too? Of course, I did. What normal girl did not?

High school turned into real life. I tried going to community college with thoughts of eventually going to university, but it was just so damn expensive, and my parents were far from well off. I got a job at a box retailer as a cashier, met a manager there, had an affair, we eventually got married and moved to a bigger town.

Really, our marriage was over before it had even started. It was not love. I was in love with the power. He just thought I was cute. But, in the end, he loved his job more.

After five years, it was over. I went back home, rented a house, and got a job at a candy store. I also wrote and edited manuals, which did not pay a whole lot, but I made enough to get comfortable.

Then one day, she ran by and complimented my garden.

Simple words, really, but something popped into my mind when I heard those words. Yes, one of the things was that she had a nice ass.

But I also remembered my love for running. I went to the nearest big box retailer the next day, bought a top, shorts, bra, socks and shoes and went out for a run that afternoon.

It was fucking miserable. My feet hurt, my legs hurt, my lungs hurt, I was covered in sweat.

I did it the next morning. And the next. And the next. And so on. There was a running store in town, got some real wear along with a watch and began my running journey. It was the freedom of it all which completed the seduction: the ability to go out there, work up a sweat, listen to some great music, look at the scenery. I was not at all fast and I always ran alone, but I loved it. I ran a few 5ks and 10ks, but rarely said more than a few words to my fellow runners. That childhood shyness still had a solid grasp on me.

Yes, that shyness. It really did have a hold on me. It was hard to shake. But man, was I lonely. One night, I dolled myself up and went to a bar downtown. That lasted five minutes, as the crowd and the noise was simply too much for me.

I had been on quite a few traditional dating sites at that time, with varying success. The few times I did go on a date, it was a one-time deal.

One night after an attack of almost terminal horniness, I signed up for a bunch of sex dating sites. I may have had a little wine, too, which helped my boldness. One caught my fancy, so I put some extra work into it and even posted quite a few pictures. I will just say that, had I not had any wine, those pictures would never have been posted.

My success there was met with varying success. I chatted with a few guys, met a couple of others, and fucked three of them. They were nothing terrible, nothing great -- just me sowing some wild oats.

One night I got particularly wined and brave and posted a picture of myself running. It was a great picture -- I looked damn good in it, had a huge smile on my face and my body was starting to shape up again.

And for a week, nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Until I got the message.

I had again been working in the garden, working up a good sweat and appetite. I fixed myself a wonderful pasta sauce with homemade sauce, took a nice cool shower and plopped myself at my desktop in my usual evening attire of sweatpants and race t-shirt.

"OMG! I know you! ; )"

This came from CardGirl303.

Another woman.

"Do you, now?" I replied and clicked on the profile.

Honestly, CardGirl303 looked like she was in the same boat as me. Her profile had a small taste of sadness, a lot of loneliness and some desperation for contact. Her pictures were a different story, showing a very bold woman not afraid to show the world her beauty. I mean, wow, did she show every inch of her beauty, leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination.

Like my pictures, she showed a lot except the face. Yes, there might be a cropped face with a smile here or a pair of (wanting) eyes there. And, like mine, her only face shot was a finish line picture at a local race.

I knew her!

"OMG! I know you, too! : P"

She posted back "I know, right? This is a first -- never seen another local runner on here, let alone someone I knew!"

"I remember you at the Frannie 5K a few weeks ago. You looked so cute in those pink tights!"

"/me blushes. Thank you. I love those. I have always wanted to talk with you, but you were always gone after the awards."

"Yeah. Crowds are not my scene."

"Same here! And it is not easy trying to hook up when you are covered up with a blanket of shyness!"

I laughed. "'Blanket of shyness.' I might steal that sometime."

"You can take anything from me you want, Babe!" A couple of seconds later "Ok, that was weird and kinda bold. Sorry!"

I laughed again. I sipped some more wine. I was getting a little bit bolder myself. "That is OK. Your pictures are showing me a lot of things I would love to steal ; )"

"/me blushes. Awww. Thank you. That is sweet." A couple of seconds later "I really like your third picture. A lot. It is erotic, exotic, sexy and hawt all at the same time."

"Thank you. That is sweet of you. It took a lot of wine for me to post that one! Your 14th picture is one of the hottest ones I have seen on this site. Are you a photographer because it looks professional. It is a compliment when I say it is something I would expect to see in a centerfold shot."

She took a while to reply, and I thought I had scared her off. "Thank you. I love that one, too. I am just good with my phone. Nothing too fancy, just set up the timer, laid in the bed, spread my money maker like I was offering up a meal..."

"You are so bad!" I was laughing by now. I was also a bit drunk. And a bit horny. This was a deadly combination. "I would eat that meal with great joy."

This reply was almost instantaneous. "LMAO!" Then a few moments later, another reply. "Seriously, that is hot to think about. Your profile doesn't say anything about you being into women."

I sighed and took a small inventory of myself. "Yes. I know," I wrote. "Look, I have never been with a woman before. I guess I have thought about it a few times. A lot times."

"Me too," she wrote. "I have kissed a couple of women, but nothing more than that. You know, friends stuff. But nothing more than that. The man thing on here...it's not working out."

"Yeah. Me too."

We spent the next half hour talking about men, especially men on the site and how the word "no" was not a main part of their conversation.

We both described to the other in detail a couple of the sexual encounters we had.

Then in the middle of the conversation, unexpectedly she wrote "Hey, I hope this isn't weird if I ask for your number, but can I have your number. I want to hear your voice."

I gulped. This was becoming a lot more real than I had expected. I took another sip of wine and gave her my number, hardly believing what my fingers were doing.

A few seconds later, my cell phone rang.

"Hello," said the voice on the other end. She was quiet, reserved, almost hesitant I could tell.

"Hi there," I said. I barely choked the words out.

"Hey there, you," she said. She seemed a bit more relaxed. "it's really nice hearing your voice."

"I like hearing your voice, too." I put my face to my hand. That was a terrible line, but that was all I had.

She chuckled on the other end. "I was kind of afraid...I though you might be a guy. I mean...I does happen you know, guys pretending to be women on here."

"I've seen it too," I said. "I guess I was a little bit afraid of the same thing."

She let out a little sigh. There was a moment's silence between us as we listened to each other breath. "I think I kinda like you," she blurted out quickly and quietly.

I gulped. "I kind of like you, too," I answered. "I'm sorry, I feel like I am just echoing things you say."

"It is OK, Cindy. I am not expecting you to speak an oral masterpiece here," she said with a chuckle.

"Mmmmm. Oral," I said without thinking, then let out an embarrassed squeak of a laugh.

She cracked up. "Uh-huh."

We talked for an hour, feeling each other's emotions, telling a little bit about our lives. Shelly was also divorced, in her early thirties, worked as an accountant and had been running for more than 20 years. She had been on that site for more than three years, with varying degrees of success. But, she said, most of the time she was on when she was horny and looking for a nice, quick fuck.

During that time, I had migrated from my computer desk to the bed. The sun was setting, putting on a wonderful orange display.

"Were you horny when you got on tonight?" I asked. By now, I was getting a lot more comfortable talking with her.

"Oh, like wildfire," she said. "I have been edging myself all night!"

I giggled. "Well now I feel like I kept you from that dream hookup tonight!"

She laughed again, then was silent for a moment. "Maybe you are my dream hookup tonight" she said quietly.

I felt like all the butterflies which were already in my stomach pushed all the air out of my lungs. I smiled. I sighed. "That is sweet," I said.

"I could just be trying to get into your panties for a one-night shot!" She said, still shy but a little bit louder.

"I would so let you," I said quietly.

There was a pause at the other end.

"I am so wet right now," she said, this time even quieter.

"So am I."

There was a satisfied sigh on the other end. "I am extremely glad I messaged you. I have loved talking to you."

"You have been wonderful," I said. "I have had fun."

Another sigh. "You are so beautiful." A pause and a sigh. "I really like your pictures. A lot."

I turned on my side and glanced at my computer. One of my favorite pictures of her was still on the screen. "I am looking at one of yours right now," I said. "I am...it has me very wet."

She let out another sigh. "I...uh...I'm...I'm playing with myself right now." She let out another sigh. "I am very wet, too."

I rolled over onto my back, barely able to believe my ears. "That is so hot."

"Here...wait...check your messages in a minute..."

A couple of seconds later, I got a message notification. I opened it. It was her number, just a picture of her face, eyes closed, her beautiful blond hair splayed around her head on her pillow.

"You are so fucking sexy," I said. I opened the camera app on my chat and took a picture of my face, attempting to put on the sultriest face I had. I made a couple of attempts before finally sending the first one I had taken.

Another sigh. "I want to kiss those lips so bad," she said softly.

"I would really like that." My fingers had slipped under my sweatpants waist band, finding my wetness. I let out a sigh.

"Are you playing with yourself?"

I got very bold. I took a picture of my hand disappearing into my sweats and sent it to her, with no moment's hesitation.

She groaned. A couple of moments later, I got a message. Another picture of her. This time, it showed her hand between two beautifully tanned legs, hand pressed hard against her treasured spot.

"Oh wow," I whispered, my fingers working in earnest.

Her breathing became heavier. Little moans dotted the sounds occasionally. I answered with the same.

I heard a beep. "I have you on speaker so I can put the phone down," she breathed heavily. I did the same.

As I listened to her breathing and groaning get louder, I also did the same as my pleasure intensified.

"I am pretending these are my fingers," she said at one point.

"Pretend they are my fingers and tongue," I answered.

Her breathing intensified.

We did not say another word together, but we did not need it. The sounds of her breath, her moans, her groans, her light grunts were more than enough for me.

After what seemed like hours but was only minutes, I let out a loud grunt as my body released the pleasure I had been pursuing. Seconds later, Shelly let out a loud moan and a little squeak, followed by the sounds of her catching her breath.

I lay there for several moments, wonderful lights and images dancing in my mind's eye.

"That was wonderful," she said. I agreed.

We spent another hour talking, small talk, sexy talk, pillow talk. Finally, as my eyelids grew heavy and her own voice began to sound tired, we agreed to call it a night, exchanging kisses over the phone.

The next morning, I awoke to a message.

One was from Shelly. "I luved it! XXOO"

Shelly and I talked on the site for quite a bit during the next few days. Eventually our conversations moved to the phone and instant message. We added each other on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and talked with each other a lot there.

We talked about everything, from our childhood dreams, to our present jobs, to our greatest successes and failures through life, to our running past and present. We found out we had both signed up for a local half marathon two weeks from then.

And, yes, we had quite a lot of virtual sex. Whether it be by phone or by text, we found plenty of opportunity to exchange steamy words.

One night, as she was using her vibrator, she lowered the phone and let me listen to the sound of her buzzing toy squishing in and out of her. Oh my, that was such an orgasm for us both! I then did the same for her and, bang, another intense orgasm.

Another Saturday afternoon during a texting session, she sent a snapshot of her with her fingers deep inside of herself, her cute face peeking from behind her breasts in the background, a huge smile on her face. I answered with a picture between my spread legs, showing her my own wetness as well as an attempt at a seductive smile on my face.

Finally, one evening we agreed to meet the next morning for an early morning run, at about 5:30. It was to be our last training run before the half marathon, and we agreed an easy pace together would be a great idea.

We agreed at a nearby park, about two miles from my apartment via the bike path, about a mile via street. I barely slept that night and was fully awake at 3. I was dressed and ready to run with a pair of very short shorts, pink, as well as my light blue sports bra. I have a pretty nice body -- running certainly helps -- but that get up even made me a little bit wet. Any shorter and those shorts were going to be under my arm pits. I tried looking at my butt in the mirror, but you know how "easy" that is. From what I could see, it almost looked like you could see everything if I bent down enough. Really, that was to my satisfaction. I wore those shorts and bra a lot during the summer, and it was going to be a hot one today. Yes, I was trying to look sexy, but being miserable while running was not a very seductive look.

The butterflies in my stomach were migrating to all parts of my body. Good grief, my nerves were on edge at anticipation of meeting Shelly face to face for the first time. I worried and fretted over everything, and having all of that extra time certainly did not help.

By about 4:30, I was nervously pacing the apartment, wearing a hole in the living room floor. Finally, needing to get rid of enough nervous energy to light the town, I put on a headlamp and took off towards the park. It certainly was not a fast run, but I was still able to work up a rather good sweat in the already warm temperatures.

When I arrived, it was still pretty dark. There were some faint hints of light appearing to the east on this morning which had not a cloud in the sky. It had become light enough, I was able to switch off my headlamp and see fine.

Fortunately, that park has plenty of port-a-pots, because nature was telling me I needed one. It was probably my nerves more, though.

After using it, I began a fast-walk around the small loop of the park so my muscles would not cool down. The loop was about a kilometer around, with very few trees in the middle, so I was able to keep my eye on the path once Shelly came around. A couple of times, my heart would skip a beat when I thought I saw her, but both of those times it ended up being someone else walking their dog.

It was still early, a little bit after five, when I saw a figure in the distance entering the park, moving at a pretty respectable pace. I picked up my own pace and ran towards the figure. We were still about five hundred feet from each other when we both knew it was the other, exchanging waves and quickening our paces to meet.

As we neared, Shelly's face lit up the area with a beautiful smile and energetic wave, cheerfully calling out "Hello, Cindy!"

She looked stunning. Her top was a very loose yellow sleeveless shirt from the running store. From the side, I could see her bright green running bra. She had cut the shirt's bottom, about six inches above her belly button, showing a very flat, fit tummy.

Her tights were about as tight as tights could be, a dark purple with little dark blue fireworks all over the place. They came down about half way on her sculpted upper thigh. The tights themselves wrapped around every curve and crevasse of hers like I wanted to wrap my arms. I swear, she hardly had an ounce of fat on her body.

Hardly stopping, she wrapped her arms around me in a friendly hug, pulling me close to her as we both laughed and giggled. "It is so nice to finally meet you, Cindy!"

"I know," I said, hugging her close to me.

Still hugging, we pulled our heads back a little bit to exchange glances. Her smiling face almost blinded me. She gently put a hand on the side of my face, swallowed and gave me a quick kiss on the lips, parting with a little giggle and pointing down at my feet.

"Shoe twins!" she said.

We both, indeed, did have on the same pair, style, and color of the latest Hoka Clifton. We both laughed for a little bit, she leaned in for another kiss and said softly "You look remarkable."

"So do you," I replied, then we broke our hug. "Are you ready to do this thing?" I asked, to which she replied with a nod.

It was an easy session, one which felt natural, real, fulfilling, enlightening and gave us both plenty of time to explore each other. We ran at an extremely easy pace, not letting our speed overtake our breath. At first, we exchanged small talk, then we explored some topics about life itself we have covered before but went into more deeply. We talked a little about our marriages and how we were finding that men in sucked a bit.

"There's nice ones out there," she said at one point. "I keep trying to tell myself that. But every time I think I have found a nice one, he turns out to be an ass one way or another."

Our conversation turned to other women. Having both run in town for quite a few years, we were able to compare notes about other runners, who was the fastest, who put in the most miles, and who were the ones we thought were the cutest.

"There is a girl I see out there every once in a while," Shelly said. "No idea about her name, but I know from race awards that she is over eighteen, so we have that. She is so cute like all get out! I mean, she looks so unassuming, but she seems to watch and smile at everyone there. Barely says a word, though. We have exchanged glances a couple of times, and, oh the stuff I would do to her!"

12