The love triangle Pt. 01

Story Info
Often people are content with appearances.
3.6k words
3.7k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Often people are content with appearances, no matter how deceptive

This story was told since the world; it could have taken place almost anywhere, with real characters. By chance, however, the characters and places are from Skyrim.

1.

Gretta, the errant hair-stylist, reached Riften early in the morning. She gave clear orders to her assistant, letting him do all the work, and headed to Haelga's Bunkhouse, as usual. Her unexpected arrival made quite a sensation, immediately being surrounded by a bunch of people eager to find out the news.

The newcomer was an unsurpassed gossiper, for the delight of her listeners, who had the opportunity to find out spicy details about people they had never seen and would normally not be interested in.

"Of course I'm glad to see you," Haelga told her instead of welcome, "but you were scheduled to come after two weeks. What brought you earlier?"

"Let's see if you can guess," the newcomer replied jokingly.

"Jarl Layla called you."

"Nah."

"Then Maeve."

"Nonsense, if they called me I wouldn't get to you. Do you give up?"

Haelga nodded.

"I responded to Mjoll's request. She sent couriers to look for me, she seemed desperate, even paid my emergency fee, I couldn't refuse."

Haelga looked at her in astonishment.

"She only gets her hair done when she receives an official award, or I know too well that there are no events at Mistveil Keep today."

"And yet here I am," Gretta replied with a laugh. "Send your niece to call her. Don't be wary, I will style you too, to make up for the room you made available to me."

Meanwhile, Hans finished carrying the entire portable laboratory. Of course, Gretta scolded him, making him gawky and useless. He bowed his head, remaining in a corner, ready to respond to any order. He knew perfectly that he must not mess with his mistress.

The story-teller began to recount what had happened in Whiterun, making things a little more appealing than in reality.

After a quarter of an hour, came in Mjoll, the shield-maiden; her arrival leaving Ysolde's narration unfinished.

"I wonder why you're styling today because it's just not an event," Haelga snapped.

"You're not knowledgeable enough," Mjoll replied, kinder than usual. "It's a very important one at the temple."

The two women were left speechless.

"Are you getting married?" blubbered Gretta.

Mjoll nodded. She looked especially happy, as she hadn't been in a long time.

"It was time for Aerin to ask you for a wife. While you were gone, the poor man was talking to himself. It's pathetic as he follows you like a puppy wherever you go, I'm surprised he didn't follow you here," said Haelga.

"They wouldn't be allowed to see each other until the bride's wedding," Gretta replied instead of the future bride.

Mjoll kept quiet. The hairstylist asked her to sit down and then started researching her hair and doing all sorts of secret calculations. In the end, Gretta says she found the best solution, and her client will have the greatest hairstyle, which will be talked about for a long time to come. Then the hairstylist starts working.

But her mouth was moving as fast as her hands.

"It's good that you're marrying Aerin. He's a bit of a mess, but he's going to be a good, submissive husband, a real stag."

At one point, Mjoll felt his tenderness jump.

"How do they call me?" She exploded.

"The Lioness," chorused the two women.

"Then why you believe that a lioness mates with puppies, lambs, cuckoos, or stags? I'm not marrying just for the sake of it, I want a real man for a husband, the best seed for my children and a father who could give them the proper education for the hard times we live. "

"Then why do you say you're marrying Aerin?" wondered Haelga.

"I didn't say anything, you assumed that. I just didn't contradict you."

"You should tell us who this mysterious husband is," Gretta said.

Haelga suddenly clapped her hand over her forehead. "Oh, my! Isn't that Knut?"

Mjoll nodded.

"You should tell us more," Gretta asked imperiously. "Anyway, you like to tell stories."

"I'm talking about my deeds, never about intimate things. But you caught me in a good mood today, and I'll tell you a few details ... better than letting you flourish things."

The hairstylist felt harmed by this statement, denying that she was a gossiper.

"The truth is, I asked him to be my husband," the shield-maiden confessed. "Marriage was never a purpose itself for me, but I found the right man. He makes me feel alive. The two of them are at the same age, but Knut is mature, a man I could trust."

"But why the rush, if not somehow ..."

Mjoll cut Haelga's words. "Don't push it, it makes me sick. It doesn't even occur in my head to have children until the end of the civil war. If you're so curious, then find out that tomorrow Knut will be made thane. He suggested we get married before, so I'll be able to participate as his wife and enjoy this dignity with him."

"I see ..." Haelga replied thoughtfully. "Of course, someone like Aerin can't even dream of such honors. Poor boy, he will be destroyed, I thought you loved him ..."

"All you have to do is comfort him," Gretta chided.

Haelga knocked on the wood, saying she didn't need such a man.

"I love Aerin too," Mjoll continued to the amazement of the two.

"Oh, my, I heard right? Did you just say you love them both?" jumped Gretta.

"Yes, I love Knut as a husband, and Aerin as a brother."

"Then you were incestuous," Haelga muttered. As soon as she dropped the statement, she was afraid that Mjoll would slap her.

"My relationship with Aerin ended before it started, I've been with him a few times, but I didn't feel any sparks. Anyway, it's an old story, all happened many months before I met Knut."

"And then you split the same house platonic?"

"It was a business decision, I own half of the house, otherwise Aerin would lose the property. I just wanted it to be a loan, but he insisted that he can't pay me and doesn't want to stay in debt. We have different rooms and in the last month, I was out of town. Don't even dare think that I could be cheating on Knut, he's not the man to play with. "

Finally, Gretta finished her work and Mjoll left satisfied, the hairstylist knew her job.

The two women quit any other activity and followed the shield-maiden. To their surprise, she met Aerin at the Inn.

"Look how fake she is," Haelga hurried to comment. "She meets her ex-boyfriend just before the wedding and does it in front of the world, she's not even hiding it."

But Gretta seemed very satisfied, she will leave here with new exciting topics.

"I was going to leave in the afternoon, but I changed my mind. I'm going to spend the evening here, I want to attend the wedding," she said.

Aerin could not hide the joy of seeing his love again but refrained from hugging her, intimidated by her reserved attitude.

"Look, our table is free," showed Mjoll. "Let's seat, I'll pay."

"Is something changed in you?" responded a pensive Aerin.

"You have a new coiffure," he effused. "You are charming, more as ever."

The woman in front of him did not manage to answer, because she was apostrophized by Maramal, who often came to the Inn to preach against sin.

"You should be ashamed, Mjoll. You spend the last hours before marriage with a man you no longer have to keep close if you have clear thoughts. Nothing is stopping you from choosing him as your husband, but once you've done that, you'd better abstain.

Aerin almost fainted, but Mjoll answered bravely.

"Please, Father, don't judge me wrong, I knew my duty too well. I have to meet Aerin, to clarify the situation. As for sin, if I had an unclean thought, nothing would stop me from carrying it out in the house we share. You see, I chose to talk here in front of the world because I have nothing to hide. "

The priest resumed to shook his head.

"What, what is this marriage story?"

Aerin could barely speak, he looked broken. "Did Knut manage to embellish you?" He continued with more courage.

"Don't rush either, my dear," Mjoll replied, stroking his hand lightly.

Aerin did not answer, but her gesture of tenderness gave him a little confidence.

"You promised me you would never leave me," he said.

"Unless the stakes are higher than if the situation requires it, or you have to be aware that the whole province is at a standstill."

"Of course only Knut will be able to save us," Aerin masked his bitterness with an irony.

"Let's just eat for now," Mjoll replied.

Aerin pleased her, standing on pins and needless

"He won't be able to keep me away from you," he snapped.

'You don't want to upset him," stated Mjoll with a matter of fact voice.

"Our bond is indestructible and you will defend me anyway," he replied immediately.

The shield-maiden nodded, without enthusiasm.

A woman can protect a man if necessary, but she will respect him less, no matter what is said.

"I love you like a brother," continued Mjoll. "Of course we'll see each other whenever we can, but I don't promise it will be often, I have a lot of duties that will eat up my time."

"What does he have and I don't?"

"It makes me feel alive, Aerin. It taught me to think beyond appearances, not to see the world in black and white. Honestly, I'm tired of wandering around the city all day. There's a whole world to conquer out there. "

"And dangers that can bring you back to the situation I found you in."

"With Knut, I faced even greater difficulties, you have no idea. Look at me, safer and more lively than ever."

Aerin bit his lips.

"I want a favor from you," continued Mjoll. "

"You know I don't have anyone left, so I want you to lead me down the aisle."

Aerin felt suffocated. His first impulse was to refuse, but then he thought better of it and accepted, for fear that otherwise, the relationship between the two would break. He couldn't live without her, a supporting role was better than nothing. Of course, he could have hopes that things could evolve in his favor; a lot could happen, he just needed to stay close.

Where you will live?"

"We have to stay a few days in Riften; Knut wanted us to sleep and the Inn, but I refused once I have my own house in town."

That was very good news and Aerin felt that things seemed to improve.

"This is a wise choice," he said enthusiastically.

"This was all," concluded Mjoll.

"Now I'm going home, to get ready. But please don't come with me, even if we live in the same building, I don't want gossips before the wedding. I know it's unfair to ask you that, but please accept it. "

"I have an idea," trow Aerin. "I want to steal the bride, namely you."

Mjoll looked back amazed.

"It's an ancient custom in my family. Immediately after the wedding we go somewhere and ask him a 'ransom'. We'll see how much he loves you after he's willing to spend."

Mjoll accepted with difficulty and only at his insistence. Aerin hoped to create a small gap between them. The end justifies the means.

3.

Meanwhile, the future groom greeted his friends, the twins Vilkas and Farkas at the city gates.

After the necessary hugs, he asked them to follow him to a safe place.

"I'm sorry I can't take you to the Inn," Knut said, "but Mjoll's dining there, and I have to avoid her until the wedding, or bad luck will follow."

The two nodded, they were also superstitious.

On the way, some women shamelessly made sexual innuendos to him.

"You're very popular by all accounts. Aren't you afraid meaninglessly closing your life when you have so many alternatives?" Vilkas asked.

"Every man before marriage has restraints, it would be abnormal feel different," Knut replied.

"But one is flirting or a one-night stand and other is a serious relationship. I can honestly say that I need Mjoll, she is the best possible companion and here I am not talking about sex but her fighting ability."

"She fights better than 99% of men," Farkas avowed.

A rather ragged man whispered something in Knut's ear, and the future groom thanked him and gave him money.

"An informant," he clarified to his friends. "She has lunch with Aerin."

"Doesn't it bother you?" Vilkas asked, puzzled.

"To be honest, it bothers me, but I can't do anything yet. Anyway, she told me this was going to happen, she needs closure. But the guy is particularly annoying, I'll take action against him if he doesn't calm down."

"What has he got to share with her?" Farkas asked.

"He saved her life in the past. Not in the sense that he threw himself into the fight for her, no. He found her wounded and gave her first aid. He's been blackmailing her ever since."

"It annoys me," Farkas jumped. "I almost feel like breaking his head."

"I will have this honor," Knut promised.

Then the future groom shook his hand. "When we'll get to the bridge we'll think about how to cross it, enough about this pathetic failure of man."

Suddenly Knut patted his forehead.

"Better I will take you to Honeyside, the house I'm preparing up in town. It's not set up yet, but we'll have a place to stay. Anyway, come on, get an idea, it's very close to the city center.

Inside he was greeted by a young woman, Jona, who was the caretaker of the building.

"I'm not allowed at the Inn today," he said. "But still have to entertain my friends, please go and order four plates of food. We'll all dine here."

"I'm going with her, help with the packages," Farkas offered.

"As you can see, I too am going to have dinner with someone of the opposite sex," Knut told Vilkas with a smile as they were left alone in the house.

"This girl is in love with you. Mjoll could be jealous."

"At least I don't pretend to love her like a sister. Anyway, it's not up to us, the law provides for an administrator for any more important building. In the end, it suits Mjoll to get rid of all routine activities. Anyway, In Whiterun, I got someone else, Lydia. I can't choose who I want, the jarl decides."

After Jona and Farkas returned, the four sat down as best they could on some crates and enjoyed the food at their disposal.

They had just passed the last glass of wine when the same ragged man put his head on the door.

"You can talk out loud, we're friends," the future groom smiled at him.

"She went home alone, Aerin stayed in town. He sits on a bench and looks blank, like a fool."

"He's very good at that," avowed Knut.

The man greets and leaves.

"My slogan is trust but verify," said the homeowner.

4.

Returned at Bunkhouse, Gretta and Haelga continued their gossip.

"She's not a beauty," jeered the hair-stylist. "You look one hundred times better."

"I'm determined never to get married," Haelga replied. "And I can't stand this Knut."

Gretta looked at her questioningly.

"I won't go into details, he has made my life difficult twice. I can assure you that he has a lot of friends, of all categories, and that he has a lot of business, it seems that he poops money."

"Do you think Mjoll took him for his wealth?"

"She's always claimed she's not materialistic, but she may have changed her mind in the meantime. Money could make anyone go crazy."

"Did you see how she caressed Aerin's hand caress when we entered the Inn?" Gretta asked. "I don't believe in this brotherly love thing, it's something rotten here. I know Mjoll has an immaculate image, but that's exactly what makes her suspicious."

Haelga's eyes widened. "

Whoever is too good hides something," continues the hairstylist. "I think she keeps Aerin as a back-up. I wonder who is better endowed between the two of them."

"I don't understand why you expect me to give you the answer," Haelga blushed. "I hate them both."

"Is that so?" grinned Gretta.

"It is said in the city that this Knut is gifted, he knows how to make a woman feel good. Nothing is said about Aerin."

"You come home with this, Haelga. I'm convinced Aerin is a wanker, he acts like a stupid and lost all trace of dignity."

"Then why do you say she keeps him in reserve?"

"Because he is very convenient; being desperate he accepts anything."

5.

The wedding took place at the scheduled time; more people participated than initially considered.

To the delight of the participants, Mjoll was led to the altar by Aerin. He forced himself to move as towering as possible, ignoring the astonished looks of those around him.

Knut furrowed his eyebrows but retained to act.

Then things went naturally, the two swore allegiance and kissed according to the law.

"Everyone is invited to the party," Knut said. "It will be held in the central square."

"You saw," Gretta snapped at Haelga. "The ex-boyfriend handed Mjoll to her husband."

"Odd, very odd."

"A true scandal."

During the day, Central Square was a crowded place, where merchants sold their wares on stalls. This night, however, on the stalls were placed plates of food and various bottles of drinks, all free for guests. Three bards were playing in one corner, but their voices could barely be heard in the general hullabaloo.

Contrary to his habit, Knut drank nothing, walking among the guests making sure everyone was happy.

"He didn't skimp on money," Gretta told Haelga. "It's the best wedding I've ever attended. I would have married him without thinking."

Haelga just shrugged.

When the joy was in full swing, Aerin approached Mjoll, telling her that the time had come.

"I'm not sure," she replied, pensively.

"Come on, is only an innocent joke."

Eventually, the bride accepted and they left together for the house they shared.

The gesture did not escape Knut, who was watching everything with hawk eyes.

The two did not even enter the house when he followed them.

"What are you doing here?" the groom inquired.

"You have to leave," Aerin replied. "You broke in, I'll call the guards."

"Don't be silly," Mjoll scolded him. "He's just my husband and he'll be living here for now."

Knut looked for his weapon.

"Don't hurry," the new bride told him. "Aerin proposed 'to abduct' me as a practical joke, to see how much are you willing to pay for ransom."

"Yes, it was only a quip," repeated Aerin, who had already turned pale.

"Don't fancy this banter," Knut replied. "By chance, I saved some truly abducted women; it was nothing to laugh, only pain, tears, and laments. If it was a joke, then it was a very bad one."

"A joke it was, please believe me," jumped Mjoll. "I am sorry now, it was inappropriate."

"It's okay," Knut replied with a wicked smile. "Let's continue to jest."

He turned to Aerin: "You wonder how much I'll pay? She's priceless and I already gave her my soul. Still, it's not in my character to deal with the kidnappers, so I ask for your satisfaction."

Aerin took a step back and looked pleadingly at Mjoll, who did not know what to do.

"Because it was just a joke, we'll just fight with our fists, so you'll escape only with some bruises," Knut told Aerin.

"It's not the case," the new bride tried to temper him.

"Now is my turn to make practical jokes," almost shouted Knut, starting to realign his opponent's mug.

Aerin struggled to resist, without much success so he finally begged Mjoll for help.

She jumped on Knut and began to fight in a playful mode.

Aerin misinterpreted the situation and jumped on Knut's back to help her.

The new husband took him off without weight.

But Mjoll rushed to Aerin and gave him a pair of resounding slaps so that his ears would ring.

"You will never, but never, attack my husband again," she said angrily.

The unfortunate admonished almost wept.

"In a real fight, he would have poked at my face and I would have hit him between the legs. But now we were just harassing ourselves, like lions do, to make me want sex, and you ruined my mood," she spoke harshly to him, which she had never done before.

12