All Comments on 'The Loving Wife'

by stormbreyer

Sort by:
  • 136 Comments (Page 2)
etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
I’ll share my family’s abusive relationship(s).

My mother in-laws first husband was physically abusive to her. They lived outside of D.C. in the late ‘60s-early ‘70s. She was a Navy enlisted working clerical at The Pentagon. The husband was civilian.

The husband was beating her so bad and so often the police were called repeatedly by the neighbors. But this was still in the time of “Well, she’s his wife. Nothing we can do about it.” The police even talked her out of pressing charges.

Fortunately her CO liked her. And when the husband shoved her down a flight of stairs and broke her arm, the CO was somehow able to get charges of “destruction of government property” applied against the husband, and he was arrested and jailed. Then she got a divorce.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 3 years ago
This is not my cup of tea either...

But some of the over the top BTB's in here... I also don't like.

The thing is, this was not a story like those at all. Those are based around a scheming, manipulative, destructive, selfish woman.

This woman was an innocent. A victim.

Both types exist in this world, and both types of stories deserve a voice.

I am glad you posted this story. The thing for me though, is that it establishes another sub-category of loving wive's... and deserves to be here as much as any other, or more than many others.

One thing I did recognise was the husband's character paralleled in many of the anon commentors on this site. You got that right. At the same time, you have massively generalised that group of writers, and their audience. There are many stories in the BTB genre that are actually right-minded. There are many stories where the action calls for a response that is, in reality, a self defence, and not over the top.

And there are many anti-BTB commentors who use childish tactics, like multiple posts, and who take these stories like they are real life events.

But as an amateur story site, all subcategories are accepted, and it makes for a much more interesting, wider view.

Just want to express two more things.

First... in the real world, in the greater number of cases like this story, women ARE the victims. But the world is different now, and there is great imbalance in the legal and social fraternities throughout the western world, now in favour of women. In this world, men are greatly disadvantaged and victimised. They actually get little... or no.. support or justice. See the documentary "The Red Pill" if you want a real eye opener. This film was created by a woman who was once a diehard feminist, but who now sees the need for balance. What it comes down to is this. Victimised, innocent women deserve help and support, and they get it. Many men are actually the innocent party as well, and are the victims. But they don't get any help at all.

Second... and last comment... to Wargamer. Alright, homicide is a drastic measure, but in the real world, COUNTLESS abused spouses end up dead, physically damaged beyond repair, or mentally destroyed for the rest of their lives. And it can happen because the abuser keeps escalating the abuse, or because the person trying to escape was caught or tracked down. That's the real world. While homicide is terrible, in the case of this scenario, she did not bring on her situation herself, and she had reason to fear for her safety and that of her children. If, in this story, her hand had not been forced, she would never have committed murder. Many who take this option get caught, and then get punished again... for the crime of standing up to hurtful, abusive cowards who will generally stop at nothing once they feel they have gained control.

It's not as simple as you seem to think, Wargamer. Sorry.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 3 years ago

ANY man who hits a woman, except in defense of his life, deserves whatever he gets.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Re: Legio_Patria_Nostra

You are partially right. There is at least one FAR MORE justified reason to physically hurt a wife, that is if/when she starts abusing your kids!

You may say: "Don't, just pack and go", but the problem is that feminazi courts give custody to the woman automatically... so you be removed and your kids be left there alone, unprotected - no do!

I told the bitch, in a very cold and calculated manner that the next time she spanks our 4YO autistic son, sun of my life, with malice and anger (her frustration of his disabilities, that he is "flying in his own dream world"), that same night she be in the ICU for a long time... I am ex-special forces, she knows damn well what I can do, so far the threat works.

shirereeveshirereeveover 2 years ago

Am I the only person who dose not understand the acronym BTB?

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Well this was shit. Couldnt really enjoy it, though no dude should ever hit a woman.

Though I knew this would get pretty stupid when you wrote "Could any husband really have ever loved his wife if she made a mistake and he refused to forgive her for it when she begged him for another chance"

Didnt really think that pile of idiocy through did ya Jasper! Sleeping with someone else isnt a "mistake" even when drunk. a mistake minimizes what a spouse did. Secondly what kin dof love does a spouse have for the other when they make that "mistake"? Could any spouse really have ever loved the other if they would fuck someone else? Thats the correct phrase to put forth and consider.

I truly hate stupid writers who write truly stupid stories.

Thriller54Thriller54over 2 years ago

Loved it. One of the most unique stories I ever read here

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yes I thought this was a good story. Maybe she could have done better, seeking help somehow. Maybe it wouldn't have worked and she would have ended up dead, maimed or crippled. But there was a lot of realism in this story, and as others have said, given the 'oh us poor males, go ahead and kill her' streak in the readers of these stories, it certainly is a good idea for someone to try the other side.

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

This almost justified murder. Wrong! That is the reason for2 stars only. This story justifies any other action to stop marit abuse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sorry, but sometimes the asshole deserves it. Good for her! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story! Sure, I could nitpick some of the details, but no more than any other story posted here. The wife being the good person is different from most btb stories here, and is one of the reasons I gave this story five stars.

richard

bigurnbigurnabout 2 years ago

Wow, a cold blooded heartless bitch... Fantasizing about the open marriage across the street, while setting up the husband to over react. Then playing along with The nosy neighbor who gave her the book. All of this followed up with her murdering the sad drunk slob . All she had to do was walk away and file for a divorce...

sf_operative63sf_operative63about 2 years ago

A gun should always have extra bullets...

DOL

jflindersjflindersalmost 2 years ago

The description of the story under the title was "My take on the BTB category".

Generally for BTB stories we see one character who is totally unreasonable and cheating on his or far more commonly her spouse. The non-cheater then gets revenge on the cheating spouse. It seems to me the cheating spouse (with cheating including a wide range of behaviours that wouldn't pass the spouse test) a central part of BTB Loving Wives stories.

Here we have no cheating spouse. The jealous man is totally unreasonable (but not cheating sexually on his wife) as the abused wife is devoted to her spouse and doesn't cheat. What we have is an abused woman killing her abusive husband.

Certainly the wife has gotten revenge for the husband abusing her, but if this is the writer's take on the BTB stories in LW he or she has missed the point of them and has written about something else completely. Without the description I wouldn't dislike the story, but as it is gave it a 2.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

and that was a waste of time

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He would nevr be jailed. He would probably keep abusing hr. She did the tight thing: BTB, burn the bastard.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

⭐⭐ 👎 Nope. No. Just ... no.

1st - BTB = betrayal, infidelity, discovery, vengeance. None of that was written here!

2nd - NO HUMAN, male nor female, should stay in any kind of abusive relationship. That being said, he hit her 6 years ago. She had plenty of time to leave. This was a cold, premeditated murder.

3rd - This was not a "balancing of the scales." The "bastard" being burned should have been left to the police and courts.

4th - There were numerous procedural flaws: suicide headshot from 6 feet away?, gunshot residue transferred in that manner would be obvious to the greenest CSI tech, police routinely check ductwork, etc,etcetc.

One last thing: where are nixrox, and the many Anonymous comments, complaining about this story's unnecessary murder???

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownalmost 2 years ago

Stupid fucker it coming, she did the world a favor. Now maybe a sequel where she goes out and executes little bitch boys who write anonymously on website message boards...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Terrible

One star

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good 4 star story. Hooray for Mary, biting back at a controlling bully.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'll chalk this attempt at an entertaining story up to, nice try. Just a silly story from the start, and although I saw the humorous attempt to try and justify allowing a wife to step outside her exclusive sexual relationship she promised to her husband. The fact remains that a man that could let another man take his wife, isn't a man that I could ever respect. But, I accept that facts are just personal attempts to set this crazy world into some semblance of balance. I actually love to find those men and enjoy their offering. I find a woman that's in that relationship is eager to have her body "owned" by another man. The slut she becomes is an awesome reward for the little game you have to play to make it happen. I wish more couple couples would embrace that lifestyle. But for stories, this one deserves a 1.

imhaplessimhaplessover 1 year ago

Original; I like original; hardly erotic though. Still 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Funny how you "not so subtlety" throw your digs in, either attacking a reader for daring to comment on a story under anonymous, well I read a shit ton on Lit, however I don't write hence I have no account. So I guess that somehow means my opinion ain't worth zip, I could try and say we'll I have experienced heartbreak because of modern women's self-entitlement, or that I have an IQ of 142 and have a hard time relating to 99% of people because of that. But I think neither is the why I feel the way I do, really I think it is because most women "Can't Understand Normal Thinking". Sorry for the dig but your story throws lots of subtle insults and digs at men as well as false ideologies pushed by lefty woke feminists, and 90% of the writers on hear, some of the best writers I've seen/read but nothing absolutely destroys a really good story more than when 80% of the way through suddenly none of the characters are acting how they should or would in reality, and the excuse for your wokest delusional endings are it's fiction and my story so it can be however I want it. Sorry but your "bait and switch" game to push that crap is nothing new.

chefjess2039chefjess2039about 1 year ago

Didn't even get through the first page the way the husband treats the life like shit and then she goes and cheats on him. I think you kind of got the whole BTB thing completely wrong. Maybe you should rewrite the ending to where the woman went to the end and make it a story about it. Dirt bag husband

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This, forcing the numbers to fit or crap in the plot, didn’t work for me.

Mantis Arsenic

oldtwitoldtwit8 months ago

Oh that’s a bit different, well written nice plot that must happen now and again.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

He was out of the home she had injuries, there are shelters , counseling, Cort order restraining orders. She did not had to kill him. Men have no rights when it come to women in this country. If a woman get pregnant and has a child the man must support it ,if she decides to get an abortion even if he is against it ,it's her body she can do as she like. Know though given to the baby , yes that's what Embryos turn into, and should not the Supreme donor have a say,if he is to be responsible if the female decides to go to term.

The answer in our society is no he is just at the mercy of the person with the ovaries. If women keep pushing for ture equal rights and I hope they do this is one right that they will loss. The right to abort because of casual sex and the morning after pill will be reserved for sexual abuse victims..

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594197 months ago

I liked the stories viewpoint

🙊🙉🙈

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

She did the right thing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Ending should have been that one year after the event the detective showes up to arrest her as the new owners found the evidence she lefr in the vent.

RanDog025RanDog0254 months ago

Great story, thank you! 5 BIG ASS STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not sure what to think about this. Good wring style, story not really a BTB. Loose ends, like Vicky and the book. Other than that it was O.K. Sounds like a story from a feminist point of view. Yes, there is no excuse for spousal abuse in any form. Eh, could of done a little better if the author really wanted to kill off the hubby that bad.

CamdudeCamdude3 months ago

Ol Steve better look out

Hardday1953Hardday1953about 2 months ago

Only a coward beats a wife. In the Middle East, it is common, sadly. Enough said on the subject study the facts for yourself if you are man enough.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

He's an abusive pyscho and she's a murdering psycho. Yes, he deserved to be behind bars, but not murdered.

You need help if you think the level of abuse in your story justifies cold blooded killing.

Probably most little boys suffered more in reality than wifey and none of us thought to kill our tormentors.

As to your line: "Mary was appalled at these stories. In many of them, the wife had only made one mistake, and the husband's reaction was completely out of proportion to it."

As to the wife making "just one mistake", I've been down that road.

All she learned is that I would take her back.

So, no, it's one and done. Period.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

It's a story so no talking but the husband Michael certainly is a walking red flag of abusive spouse. Many success get battered and too many killed but such as him. The dismissive comment previous to this one that little boys IRL take more abuse than 'wifey' is just ignorant and borderline misogynistic in tenor. In the story the husband is escalating and only by accident does not kill the wife. Her response is essentially self defense. It is an extreme situation that in reality to many find themselves, most indoor to escape, survive or defend themselves from these pathetic unmanly men.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userstormbreyer@stormbreyer
It has been a while since I published a story. My apologies to readers who have been waiting for a resolution to the Sweet Ass series. My life went sideways for a while, then there was COVID, yada, yada, yada. Anyway, I decided to post some more content. As my followers kn...

SIMILAR Stories