The Matchmaker

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cooper held his hand out, stiff as a board. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Brooklyn gave a slight giggle as she gingerly accepted his offer. "Likewise." She smiled a flirtatious smile at Cooper before she tucked a stray tendril of hair behind her ear as she sat down in the seat next to him.

"Cooper, and I hope you don't mind," I then gestured to Brooklyn. "but Brooklyn would like to interview you for the school paper."

"Me?"

"Yes you, silly," Brooklyn playfully slapped Cooper. "I'm doing an article on the trials and tribulations of being a High School student on a college campus."

"Oh, sure. I will give you all I can." Cooper shrugged. "I just hope it will be enough for you. I mean your story that is."

Brooklyn stared at Cooper seductively, "I'm sure it will be."

"Well, I better get back to the office. I would hate to get in the way of solid reporting." I stood and made my way next to Cooper. I leaned over and whispered into his ear, "Remember all those things you said you wanted to do for a woman if you ever got a girlfriend?"

I heard Cooper gulp as he stared at Brooklyn.

"Open up to her and then at the end of the interview, ask her out... and then do all those things you promised me you'd do. Every single one of them." I then patted him on the shoulder as I stood up, "Good luck you two."

*

Three months later:

My day of reckoning had arrived. I was a nervous wreck as I waited patiently in my office. It was the day after the graduation ceremony and any moment Brooklyn McCray was going to stride through my office. I was curious to know to what had happened with her and Cooper. My plan was simple enough, put her under, hear her story, and then eliminate all traces of my suggestions from her mind. Lastly, I would apologize. I know she would not know for what I was apologizing for, but it was necessary for my conscience.

The door knocked and Brooklyn peeked her head inside, "Hey Counselor Higgins, you wanted to see me?"

"Absolutely," I rubbed my clammy hand on my pants. "Please, Brooklyn, come on in; have a seat." I gestured to the open chair across from me.

"It's been awhile, how've you been?" Brooklyn sat down, smoothing out her short, but not obscene, black skirt.

"I've been well," I tapped my ring and Brooklyn immediately fell into a trance. "How are you? Specifically, how's your relationship with Cooper?"

"My romance with Cooper culminated in the toughest decision of my life. After careful deliberation, I severed the relationship."

I would have to find Cooper and make sure he is holding up well. I sighed, "Please, tell me all about it. Start from the beginning."

"When you introduced me to Cooper, I thought he was cute; not in a typical sort of guy I dated, but his shy bashfulness around me was alluring. As the interview for my article continued forward, he kept stealing glances, and not in a way I was used to; he was trying to get a good look at me, not down my shirt or my ass, but me. Our eyes kept meeting and he would look down when I caught him. As if that wasn't enough, he was funny. I quickly became smitten. When the interview was over, I, a college senior was prepared to ask a shy high schooler out. That's insane. But it never happened...

--- (Flashback)

"Hey Brooklyn," Cooper stared at the half slice of pizza on his Styrofoam plate, "You wouldn't by chance want to go to dinner tonight would you?"

Brooklyn sat amazed, her mouth moved gently but nothing came out.

"Oh," Cooper stood quickly to get ahead of the inevitable embarrassment of being rejected. "Good luck on your article."

"NO," Brooklyn grabbed Cooper's arm. "I mean, yes," she shook her head at her own awkwardness. She took a deep breath, "What I truly meant to say is no, don't go because yes, I'd love for us to have dinner tonight."

"Really?" Cooper smiled an overly shocked smile.

"Of course," Brooklyn batted her eyes. She knew how to rope in a man. "What time?"

"How about seven?"

"Perfect."

Cooper grabbed his books, "Can I pick you up, or do you want to meet there?'

"Well, since I don't know where there is," Brooklyn snickered. "Why don't you pick me up?" Brooklyn ripped off a sheet of paper and scribbled her address and phone number on it and for an added measure, she kissed it, leaving a small lipstick stain. "Here's my info. See you at seven."

Cooper stood dumbstruck as she got up and left with a bounce to her step. "Yes," he fist pumped.

Brooklyn ducked back into the cafeteria, "I feel the same way!"

*

Cooper arrived at the designated address ten minutes early. He stared at the house in utter amazement. It was huge. He moved his finger to the doorbell and froze. What if it was an act? He took a deep breath, no this isn't High School. He pressed the button and took a step back, clutching the bouquet of stargazer lilies to his navy blue dress shirt.

"Who are you?"

Cooper stared at the blonde girl in rapture. Was he at the wrong house. He glanced behind her to note several college age females of varied appearances and ethnicities and soon realized he was standing at the door of a sorority.

"Hello?" The blonde waved a hand in front of Cooper's face. "What do you want?"

"Sorry," Cooper nervously laughed. "Is Brooklyn here?"

"That's for me!" Brooklyn hurried down the stairs in a yellow sundress matched with small sandaled heels.

The blonde cringed at Cooper before turning toward Brooklyn, "This better be some sort of study thing."

Brooklyn mused as she walked out the door, "Oh, hush, Hazel." She then saw the flowers. "For me?" She put a hand to her chest.

"Yes," Cooper held them out to her. "They say the lily means refined beauty. I was looking for the flower that meant perfection, but apparently you'll have to settle being that on your own."

Brooklyn's eyes went wide and her smile went ear to ear. "Where did you come up with that?"

Cooper shrugged, "My Father lied a lot and it devastated my family. I always told myself that when I meet a girl, I would always speak the truth to her and share my emotions."

Brooklyn nodded her head, impressed.

"I'm sorry," Cooper continued. "Was it too corny? Or maybe too deep?"

"Neither. It was refreshing." Brooklyn inhaled the scent of the flowers. "Just give me a moment to put these in water." She ran into the kitchen and found the largest cup she could to use as a vase. She hurried back and pushed her arm through Cooper's, "Ready?"

They walked arm in arm to Cooper's ten year old, two door Chevy Blazer. He opened the door and held her hand as she got in.

*

"I've never been here before." Brooklyn stood amazed at the crystal chandelier, gold trim, candle light at every table, with soft romantic music ambiance Giovanni's offered.

"You're going to love it. My sister had her rehearsal dinner here last year and their food is to die for." Cooper pulled out the chair for Brooklyn, but she sat in the one across the table. "Okay," he mumbled.

"What?" Brooklyn looked up to see Cooper behind his chair. Then it dawned on her. "Oh, were you doing that for me?"

"I was." Cooper moved to the front of the chair.

"Wait," Brooklyn stood and quickly moved to the offered seat. "I've heard of this, but never had anyone actually do it for me," she beamed.

"I'm glad I can be your first," Cooper sat across from her.

"Me too." Brooklyn opened her menu and her mouth gawked at the prices. "Ah, Cooper... I can't afford anything on this menu," she cringed.

"But I asked you out?"

Brooklyn stared at him inquisitively, "That doesn't mean I knew to drain my entire bank account for dinner?"

"Huh?" Cooper exasperated. "What does that mean? I invited you?"

Brooklyn shook her head. Was Cooper dense? "It means, we can't eat here?"

"Why not? This place is delicious."

"Because I don't have this much money!" Brooklyn shouted in a five star restaurant.

"But I invited you," Cooper didn't yell back, but he did raise his voice an octave. He then noticed nearly the entire restaurant staring at their table. He took a deep breath. "Brooklyn, what I'm trying to say is, I invited you to dinner. It would be my honor to pay for it. Order anything your taste buds desire. I got this."

"Oh," Brooklyn waved her hand at Cooper before covering her mouth to hide her ungainliness. "In that case, I'll have the chicken parmesan."

Cooper sat back in his chair and allowed himself to laugh as well. "Wise choice."

"Is there a problem?" Vito, a heavy set balding man, sporting a thin mustache with a heavy Italian accent arrived at our table.

"No problem, Sir," Cooper lifted his glass of water and stared into Brooklyn's eyes. "My lovely date and I had a misunderstanding, but it's settled now." He then glanced at Vito. "Sorry for the noise. But we are ready to order."

Vito eyeballed the two carefully. "Certainly, Sir. What can I get you?"

After the couple ordered, the musical version of the song "All of Me" by John Legend began to play through the speakers. Cooper gazed at Brooklyn with a sly expression. "Would you care to dance?"

Brooklyn stared at Cooper in disbelief, but quickly new by the look in his eyes that he was serious. She glanced around the establishment before coming back to those baby blue eyes. "But there's no dance floor."

Cooper chuckled softly, "Sure there is. You just don't see it."

"There is?"

Cooper stood and held out his hand. After a moments pause, Brooklyn accepted. She expected to be taken to another room that she had not seen, but he had other plans.

Cooper held her tight and began swaying to the music in the small space in front of the table. "I told you there was a dance floor."

Brooklyn hesitated before settling her head on his shoulder. She closed her eyes and a small, content smirk began to etch permanently onto her face.

The song ended and Cooper held out Brooklyn's chair again and she happily sat.

*

"I had a fantastic evening," Brooklyn tucked a stray tendril of hair behind her ear.

"So did I," Cooper smiled. "Being in the presence of perfection was the greatest night of my life."

"Oh, stop it," Brooklyn giggled.

Cooper kept smiling to hide his nervousness. He had followed his plan and it has worked beyond his wildest dreams... So far. The last step was supposed to be the kiss. His ignorance in dating began to obscure his mind, questioning all he had done. Will she even want to kiss? What if I'm not good? I know I'm not going to be good, so should I not? Do I ask?

Brooklyn snickered and it broke Cooper out of his self imposed consternation. "I remember what it was like in High School."

"Huh?"

The word barely escaped Cooper's lips when Brooklyn kissed him. It was soft, tender, and sweet. Nothing like the aggressive nature Aiden always displayed.

"Mmm," Brooklyn hummed as she withdrew. "That was nice, Cooper."

"Ah..." Cooper stumbled for a thought. Any thought.

"I'll see you tomorrow night," Brooklyn opened the door and slipped inside.

Just as the door was about to shut, Cooper finally hastily responded, "Good night, Brooklyn. See you tomorrow."

*

Brooklyn collapsed on her bed with a smile. She wrapped her arms around her pillow and giggled at the memory of the date.

"What was that?"

"Shit, you scared me, Hazel," Brooklyn put a hand to her chest in response to the thunder that crashed from her roommate. She recovered as she sat up on her bed. "It's good to see you too."

"That wasn't a study date, so what the fuck?" Hazel threw up her hands. "You lose a stud in Aiden so you go mental and go on a date with a tub of lard?"

"Oh get off, he's not that big."

"He's a fat fucking pig, Brooklyn!" Hazel screamed. "Oh, and how old is he?"

Brooklyn stood and went to her dresser and pulled out her pink pajamas. "He's eighteen and you're kind of really pissing me off."

"Eighteen?" Hazel then noted the seriousness in her friends eyes. She huffed in irritation before trying a different tact. "Listen, I'm sorry for yelling, Brooklyn. It's just that we've been friends since the fifth grade." She moved over to her friend and gave her a comforting hug. "You just broke up with Aiden, who you said yourself you were in love with, and now your going out with some freshman? I'm worried about you."

Brooklyn's defenses crumbled and her head swayed as she cringed, "Actually, he's a senior at Hilldale High."

"What?" Hazel snickered in shock. "High School?" She hugged her friend even tighter, "Don't you think that is a little over reacting?"

"Maybe," Brooklyn giggled as she pulled away from her friend. She then added more seriously, "But it was the greatest date of my life."

Hazel's mouth dropped. "What?"

"Flowers, a five star restaurant in Giovanni's that I didn't have to pay for, we danced; all without a glimmer of him trying to get between my legs. It was amazing."

Hazel sighed, "Look, I'm glad you had a great time. You deserved it, girl, but he's the rebound guy. Tomorrow, we're going to find you someone not in High School; someone who doesn't look like..." She paused as she saw Brooklyn's raised eyebrows. It was an absolute warning. "Someone who looks more like Aiden did. Rock hard abs, chiseled biceps...Yummy. You know, some one more for you."

"I kind of..." Brooklyn didn't know how to tell her friend.

"What did you do?" Hazel smirked.

"We already made plans for tomorrow night." Brooklyn slipped into her pajamas. "I'm meeting him at his place."

"No, you're not going to..."

"No." Well maybe, Brooklyn thought. "But where we're going is near his house and he'll be coming from school, so it just makes sense for me to meet him over there."

Hazel shrugged, "Cancel."

"No," Brooklyn smiled as she thought about the way Cooper held her while they danced. "Did you listen to the effort he put in tonight? He deserves another date."

Hazel saw her friends happy little smirk as she reminisced about something. She shook her head, "All right, one more date." She then scalded her friend like a child, "But you have to promise me you're going to end it after that."

Brooklyn hopped into bed, pulling her red comforter as she did. "Good night, Hazel."

"Good night?" Hazel laughed. "It's not even midnight. With all this talk of sculpted hunks, I'm going to go over to Phi Delta Omega and get me some from a very lucky guy."

"Have fun," Brooklyn just rolled on her side and fell asleep to the conflicting thoughts of the wonderful night, the dream of tomorrow, and her best friends words. Could there be a middle ground?

*

"Hey, Brooklyn," Cooper slid out the front door.

Brooklyn smiled at just the sight of Cooper. Does he really have that affect on me already? "How's it going, Cuddly Bear." Did that just escape her lips?

Cooper paused at the name, but responded, "We've got a slight issue, Perfection."

Brooklyn blushed a deep crimson.

Cooper smiled at the result of his comeback before continuing, "My Mom and Dave want to meet you. My Mom's cooking grilled chicken right now."

"Dave?"

"Stepfather. He's in the living room watching the news." Cooper's shoulders dropped. "Sorry to spring this on you. If you're not ready, I understand."

Brooklyn hesitated. Was she ready to meet the parents? What's the alternative? Would Cooper be grounded? She laughed at that thought and then immediately understood why his parents would want to meet her. Her age. "Let's do this," she then emphasized the next two words, "Cuddly Bear."

"Mom, this is Brooklyn," Cooper stepped to the side, "And Brooklyn, I'd like you to meet my Mom, Cora Thorne."

"Hello, Mrs. Thorne," Brooklyn raised her hand. "Nice to meet you."

"Yes," Cora eyed Brooklyn suspiciously as she barely touched her hand. "Perhaps."

"Is that Brooklyn?" Dave strode into the kitchen. "Heard nothing but good things about you."

"Brooklyn, this is Dave."

"It's a pleasure, Mr. Thorne," Brooklyn gave a smile. At least one of them don't mind me.

"It's Dave, and please, have a seat," Dave moved toward the kitchen table. "Dinners almost ready."

*

"This is amazing, Mrs. Thorne." As much as Brooklyn did enjoy the food, she was really trying to break the ice; to find something to connect over.

"Thanks," Cora replied in a monotone voice as she stared down Brooklyn.

"Honey," Dave leaned into his wife's ear. "Can I speak to you in the other room."

Cooper glanced at Brooklyn and mouthed, "I'm so sorry."

Brooklyn began rubbing on Cooper's knee as well as offering a reassuring smile. She didn't think anything of it as she took another bite of mashed potatoes. Confusion quickly crossed her face... Is that? She reached a little higher to find her assumption was correct. Cooper had an erection. She turned to face him only to see his head was lowered and his breathing was slightly labored. How sweet and innocent? She leaned in, "Are you okay, Cuddly Bear?"

"Mmhm..."

Brooklyn smirked wickedly as she stroked the length in her palm a little faster.

"Sorry about that," Dave announced as he walked into the kitchen followed closely by Cora.

At the noise, Brooklyn immediately placed her hand back in her lap, "Is everything all right?"

Cooper took a deep breath to compose himself and then a bite of chicken to hide any other signs of what had just occurred. Now if only it will go away..

Cora sat down and looked at Brooklyn. "Young lady... Brooklyn, I owe you a big heaping apology." Dave placed his hand upon Cora's as she continued, "I've been nothing but rude. I'm just worried about the age difference. And son," Cora smiled, "I trust you, but if she comes home pregnant before you graduate, I'll cut off your testicles."

Cooper sat in stunned silence. At least his problem under the table receded.

Brooklyn snickered.

Dave coughed so hard that corn almost came out of his nose. "Excuse me?"

Cora looked at her husband, "What?" She raised her arms, "After graduation, that would then be Brooklyn's problem." She then looked at Brooklyn, "You already have a job, right? At the Hilldale Gazette?"

"Yes, Mrs. Thorne," Brooklyn laughed.

"See." Cora defended. "Oh, and please call me, Cora or Mom. I won't answer to that Mrs. Thorne crap."

Dave chuckled, "Does that mean you don't like the last name I gave you?"

"What am I, a rose?"

"You smell just as sweetly as one."

Cora blushed.

"I can't help it's true," Dave nodded.

"So that's where Cooper gets it from," Brooklyn smirked.

"Where my son gets what?" Cora raised her eyes.

"The compliments."

"The quickest way to a girls heart," Dave pointed at Cooper, "Honest compliments. What's wrong with you, Coop?"

Cooper shook his head, "I'm still trying to get the thought out of my head of my Mom cutting off my balls."

The table erupted in laughter.

*

"Well, I guess we missed the movie," Cooper opened the door for Brooklyn.

"I guess so." Brooklyn looked up to Cooper with a smile. She put her hands on either side of his shirt, "Cuddly Bear."

After last night, Cooper didn't hesitate and leaned in and gently pressed his lips to hers. Brooklyn brushed her tongue at the entrance and it took him just a moment to realize what she was asking, before accepting. She invaded his being with simple brushes of excitement and Cooper was constantly a half a second behind as he mimicked every movement.

Brooklyn pulled away, licking her lips. "That was good. Now next time, you'll know what to do."

Cooper nodded before taking a deep breath into the evening air. "Since our original plan is shattered, how about a walk?" He offered his hand to her.

"Sure," Brooklyn smiled as she greedily accepted his offering.

*

"Nice night," Cooper looked at the stars before finding Brooklyn's eyes. "Fantastic scenery."

Brooklyn shook her head with a smile, "You sure are something else. Why don't you have a girlfriend already?"