The Metamorphosis

Story Info
Steven adapts to unplanned changes.
1k words
3.56
6k
00
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jesse and I had just completed the short easy hike over rugged terrain to Rainbow falls, a narrow cascade roughly one tenth of a mile from the beginning of the trail. Orange and golden rock faces surround a creek under the bridge.

The picturesque landscape is a far cry from the suburban Denver neighborhood that is home. Time away from work is much welcomed.

The temperature had soared into the 90's that Saturday, a week after July 4th. There were beads of sweat on our faces. Skin felt cold and clammy.

We had dressed for the weather. Jess was wearing a Swan 121 off-the-shoulder V-neck faux wrap front with short sleeves, light-blue cutoffs and hiking shoes. I wore a heather-gray tank top, blue cutoffs and hiking boots.

Jess and I are fraternal twins but with a difference. While my sister was fortunate to have been born female I was born a male.

My sister aimed her Nikon and shot a few photos of the cliff and waterfall.

I said, "take one of me near falls."

"Get as close as you can even if it washes your back."

I walked cautiously through the stream. The din grew louder.

Suddenly I came under a spell that was changing the shape of my body right before my eyes. My hands grew smaller and my wrists thinner. My hair grew longer touching rapidly growing mounds in my teeshirt. My lower body flared. Flat hips became convex curved. I didn't need to see the garment around my chest to realize that it was a bra. My upper arm felt soft to the touch.

"What's happening to me?"

My voice had a high pitch. I hated its sound.

"Jess what's happening to me?"

"You're becoming Stephanie. You were supposed to be Stephanie the day you were born."

"Really," I exclaimed.

"Really," Jess answered nodding for emphasis.

Suddenly Jess and I had become identical despite being from two eggs. My 5 9 athletic hard male body had morphed into a soft curvy 5 9 with a 24 inch waist. The bra I found myself wearing is 32 B.

Sunday morning finds me staring into my bedroom closet trying to choose an outfit from among the collection of dresses, skirts and tops. After pushing aside a few garments I selected a blue ruched T-shirt dress.

In my former incarnation I would not have watched Hallmark channel movies. At 30 years of age I suddenly wanted to watch the sappy romance movies on that channel. I had become my sister.

Channel surfing for something to watch I settled on a movie titled "A Beautiful Place to Die." Rocking in my favorite chair, I became engrossed in the murder mystery set on Martha's Vinyard.

Did Jessica watch this movie? Is she watching it now?

I was walking toward my black Honda CRV parked in space number 20 when I spotted my neighbor from 401 Betty Lang. Will she even recognize me?

"How are you doing today Betty?"

"I'm well thankyou. I didn't get your name."

"Stephanie Mc Clellan," I replied.

My sister had given me that name just seconds after "the event."

"It's nice to meet you."

After chit chatting with Betty for a couple of minutes, I headed to the grocery store and she to her apartment.

This new life as a woman would come with a new livelihood. Eight years ago I had started a career as a civil engineer. Now for reasons I can't explain to save my life I had become very disinterested in the field.

I couldn't just quit being an engineer without a fallback. That fallback would be paralegal. Training would be at National University.

On the eve of class I awoke suddenly hours before sunrise. In a most bizarre dream the metamorphosis happened under different circumstances. On this occasion Jesse, who is my girlfriend, purchases clothing and sends me to the cashier with her membership card. After completing the transaction strong chords drag me into a stall. There a force tears off my boy clothes then sends me back to the sales floor wearing Navy square neck, Capris jeans and platform booties.

My first day at the law firm of Harris and Paine finds me wearing a gray multi cardigan and mini skirt suit set. Why is that interesting? I was soon to learn that the girl who held this job before me wore his same outfit on her last day before morphing into a man.

A year after "the event" Jess and I came to the bridal shower for 25 year old cousin Jackie at aunt Roslyn's home. Engaging in girl talk and having watched Jackie open her gifts made for a nice afternoon.

I'd love to meet her guy. I knew I wasn't the only girl at the shower thinking that.

I asked, "how did you guys meet."

Jackie proceeded to tell the story.

My reply was knee-jerk. "I've never been one for dating apps."

"Nor was I," said Jackie.

We chatted about a guy's idea of a pre marital men's night.

The guests had gathered under the blue sky on a warm early autumn morning on the beach. Jackie looked into the eyes of a dark-haired strikingly handsome dude as he recited his vows.

As I witnessed the ceremony I began to dream about my own wedding. I imagined the same setting and a dude that resembles the male version of me.

Late afternoon the guests began leaving a few at a time. Jess and I were among the last to go. I couldn't help but think about the changes in my life since my body, and to a degree my personality, had changed.

I said, "Beautiful wedding."

My sister nodded. "It was," she replied.

"It's funny. When I used to be a guy I never thought about getting married."

"I was starting to wonder if you were actually gay."

"Really," I replied.

"You know what happened between Alan and me."

Jess was 24 and dating a handsome blond. After being together for a year he left her for a man.

"I heard that he switched sides."

"I told you that."