The Mind's Eye Ch. 04

Story Info
A man retired from a secret government agency, past attacks.
3.8k words
4.7
2.7k
7
0

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 02/08/2024
Created 08/20/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pars001
Pars001
2,212 Followers

Bell appeared in a lush tropical forest, the smell of plants surrounding her. Not more than ten feet in front of her was a male, native to the island.

"Hello," Bell said, a smile on her face.

The male turned, a look of at first fear, then anger on his face. "How did you get here? Ah!" The male groaned as what looked like a wild pig or boar ran off through the trees. "Look what you have done! That would have fed the whole village!"

"What? You mean this?" Bell said as the animal reappeared, frozen stock still.

The male's eyes were large as he pointed the spear in his hands at Bell. "Go away demon! I have no use for you and your dark magic." He then thrust it towards Trina, it stopped a foot away. Then she noticed it was starting to inch closer.

What!? Bell thought, as she had to go to three fourths her power. Still, she thought, it was barely enough. She was going to have to think fast or this one was going to kill or seriously injure her.

"So," the native male said. "You are one of the major demons. I will prevail, you will not harm my people, I will do all I can to destroy you!"

"I do not wish to harm you or your people, I am here to ask your help. I only..." Bell started.

The young male's face screwed up into almost a look of rage. That's when Bell raised her defences to full, the male blew her back through the jungle. Getting off the ground, Bell put her hand to her head.

A moment later, she heard my voice. "What's wrong, Bell?"

"I think I might have a problem here. The young male thinks I am a demon. I had to raise my defences to full. He still blew me across the jungle, not sure if I am the right one for this one," Bell's thoughts relayed to her father.

I sat trying to think of a solution. Finally, he nodded, "I'll be there in a moment," I told her. Advising the others what to do while he was gone, I vanished.

A moment later, I appeared beside my daughter. Less than a moment later, the young male appeared through the jungle, an angry look on his face. I looked at the male, then slightly bowed, "I am sorry that my daughter interrupted your hunt."

The young male's eyes opened wide, "your greeting is familiar, do you know of the elder council?" the male asked.

I briefly smiled, "T met them many years ago, though I have not been back to exchange with them. I must amend this; it has been far too long."

The young male smiled as he also bowed slightly, "I am sorry I tried to hurt your daughter, as with me I do not remember all the greetings."

"If you allow me," I said, "I will bring us to them. Would that be OK with you?"

The young male's eyes were wide as he hesitated, "It doesn't hurt, does it?"

I shook my head, "you might not even notice, especially now that I have used it more."

The young male smiled then nodded his head. I touched both of them then pulled. A moment later, we appeared near a hut, I had sensed from the male.

The male started to call out, "elder! One of the god helpers has appeared!"

A moment later, an older male stepped out, a man I recognized from twenty plus years ago.

The older man looked first at the younger male, then his gaze drifted toward me and my daughter. A surprised, then elated look came to his eyes, "Bill! A long time has passed, my friend."

I nodded as I grasped the man in a bear hug that quickly became uncomfortable. I had forgotten just how strong the man was.

"It is good to see you also, Tomba," I told him when we released each other.

We both turned to start to walk along a path around the village. "So my friend, have you need of us again? Are you still with your government to turn back the invaders?" He asked.

"No, after the death of almost the whole team, I no longer will accept the yoke they wished to keep on me. They treated a few of us like animals. I lost my temper," Here I lowered my head. "I am afraid that I destroyed a few of them. For that, I am ashamed, though not for the reasons for it."

"It is unfortunate, though sometimes, a violent response is all that we can do. So, how can we help you?" Tomba said.

"I am trying to build another group. We lost all but three of my old team. I am working to make them stronger, though, it is slow going. When last we met, we were at war with an evil race. After we defeated them, another moved in to take their place. This new one is far sneakier, plus they have more power though not the numbers the first did," I told Tomba.

"I see, so you need some of like before? There are many that would be willing to assist you," Tomba said.

I shook my head, then turned toward the younger male, "I do need help, though there is only one that I feel is strong enough," I told him.

He followed my gaze to look at the younger male, then his eyes grew large. "Chum," he said with a broad smile, "my grandson. Yes, you are right, he is far more powerful than any of us of the older generation."

"You see, I am afraid without him here? Your people might be vulnerable to this new race. I would never forgive myself if that happened. I mean my daughter was able to get through, she is below me, though has a lot of power," I told him.

He turned toward my daughter, "if she accomplished this, then she is indeed powerful," he said as a sigh escaped his lips. "There are still many here from the time before. We just might surprise you, Bill."

I nodded, then reached out to feel all the inhabitants. What I felt had me feeling better, though they really didn't have that much, though more than I thought.

"Yes, I see that there are many here that could keep you safe. I will increase the protection to ensure their and your safety," I told him. "Now as for Chum, that will have to be his decision. Since he has never left the island, I might pass over him. Leaving one's home like this to be with strangers, would be hard on a young male."

Tomba nodded a moment, then said, "I might agree with you. Perhaps, as you said, we should ask him? Hmm?" Tomba said as we turned to go back to Chum and my daughter.

After an hour, it was decided that Chum might be better there on the island, than coming with us.

I shook my head as I looked at Bell, then we both winked out. We were almost back when the same alien that I had seen before appeared before me. So, came its thoughts. You are now in my realm, one that I am an absolute master in. It is time for you, then your entire race to die.

I immediately started to feel intense pressure. I pushed back for a moment then felt something almost slip into place, then once again I felt my power double again.

Well, I started, I think that for once you have bitten off more than you can chew, my thoughts said. I started to press harder, I could feel the surprise, then the panic, then I heard screaming as the alien withdraw.

I sighed as I continued on appearing beside Bell as moment later. "Well," I said, "that was different."

Bell and Trina came running to me, "Dad! Are you OK? I was worried when I felt you disappear behind me," Bell said.

Trina was checking me all over, physically and mentally. A look of shock came to her face. "Dad? What happened? You seem to be far more powerful than you were", Trina asked.

I slightly smirked as I explained, "It appears that the alien thought it could ambush me while we were transferring. I started to push back against him when I felt my levels jump. I have to say, he wasn't the only one who was surprised."

Everyone walked into the large living room, looking for the source of the immense power they had felt. "I thought we were in trouble when we felt a huge amount of power. Is that you Bill?" Andy asked.

I slightly blushed, "as I was explaining, we got ambushed, well I did. When he attacked me, I pushed back, amazed when my power doubled again. Not sure but I may be more powerful than the alien now."

"So, uh," Andy started, "any chance you can increase us so we can go out to help?"

I stood there thinking about it, from what I felt it appeared that I might be able after all. I looked at Andy and the other two of my old group.

"Yeah, I think I might be able to, after all. From what I can feel, my abilities are off the chart now,"I told all of them.

Andy and the others were grinning ear to ear, "good it'll be good to get out of here. Bout to go stir crazy stuck in here," John said.

I looked around, "so where are our guests, the brother and sister, Shelly and Dan?"

"I'm afraid that they are still out of it," Trina said beside me. "They were also sore and stiff. Dan was especially, it appears he took a lot of damage protecting his sister. He most especially, his healing though, I am afraid that he is having a tough time of it."

I paused a moment as I looked at the injuries Dan had sustained. I looked at Trina and Bell, "I want you to watch what I do in case Dan allows me to heal him."

Both of them nodded as I gently nudged Dan. Dan, I thought to him when I was that he was awake.

His eyes had a fearful and panicked look as he searched the room. I don't know who this is. I will die before I allow you to...

I quickly interjected; I am the man you met earlier. You and she are safe within these walls. I saw clarity come to his eyes as he nodded. I saw that you had been injured protecting Shelly, plus you can't heal. I want your permission to heal you. It appears that a type of energy was used that you don't know. So, may I start? It shouldn't take long.

I saw Dan hesitate then slowly nod. Okay I guess, came his thoughts.

Thank you, I thought back. I then started to bathe his entire body in a different type of healing energy. Less than two minutes later, I saw that his breathing was easier, along with almost all the wounds vanishing. There you go, just remember what you saw me do, so next time you'll know how.

I could almost feel the huge smile that Dan had. I will and thank you for saving both of us. I then felt him sigh as he laid back down watching his sister 'til sleep took him.

I looked at Trina, "there I think that should do it, almost all his wounds are healed. Did you and Bell watch what I did? You two are the only ones that are strong enough to attempt this."

I turned toward Andy, John and Tom as they seemed to perk up. "So, I take it it's our turn?" Andy asked.

I nodded as I looked at all three of them, then slowly started to raise one's level. Then, to my amazement, I felt all three levels start to climb. Damn I thought, when had I developed that? They were to the point my daughters had been when I stopped.

All three flexed their hands, then I felt them start to reach out. The best thing, though, was the look of amazement on all three of their faces a few moments later.

"So," I started, "you three are almost strong enough to keep the new threat out. I'm sorry I can't get you higher, it's dangerous to go too fast."

All three of them were nodding their heads almost in a daze.

I was smiling at them, enjoying their reactions when I felt what I could only describe as an axe to the head. "Oh shit!" I yelled as I went first to my knees, then I was splayed out on the floor. I felt everyone run to me, then they were all pushed back.

We are pleased, a voice that threatened to split my head open.

I could almost recognize the voice of the Bellion that I had met. I grabbed my head as I curled into a ball on the floor. Please, I tried to say in my head, not sure if the being had even heard it. Please, I repeated, the pain was too loud.

I felt whatever it was, decrease by more than half. Our apologies gentle being. As we stated, we are pleased that you have advanced as fast as you have, the Bellion's thoughts said.

I thank you for the aid you have provided our planet. I do wish to report that I destroyed ten or eleven of the Xetron ships, taking, I think, a hundred of their agents.

We are aware of this; we also know that those races that are attempting to take the earth are far too war-like. The loss of the last that we defeated, eased the evil in your galaxy. Unfortunately, their void was quickly filled by the present race.

Yes, I kind of had an idea when I detected fifteen of their ships in orbit. Though I hadn't realized that the first shield I put up was keeping them partially out. It also appears that the leader is vowing revenge against me. Apparently, I destroyed the last of his podling birthing, I told the Bellion.

I could almost see the Bellion as it went quiet, then went into deep thought. It appears that this leader is out to get revenge against you. Proceed with great caution, this one might be angry enough to penetrate your defenses. Ah! I see that you have begun to gather others that will aid you greatly in the defense of your planet.

I thank you for the help that all of your people have provided for us. Please, if there is ever anything that we can do to aid your people, please ask, I told him.

I felt him nod, then a stray thought came to me very quickly. We do have a task, though not yet. The fact of the matter was that it passed through my mind so quickly, I wasn't sure that it was real.

Just as quickly as it started, the conversation was over. I felt my body stop convulsing, then I opened my eyes to see a worried Bell, Trina, Bethany, Andy, Tom and John leaning toward me.

"Dad?" Trina and Bell asked tentatively. "Are you alright?"

I sat up rather shakily, then started to fall toward the floor again. I felt both my daughters sigh when they were able to catch me.

"Uh," I started as they steadied me. I sat up again. "I would be better if the Bellion hadn't given me such a headache."

"Bellion? What, is it here?" Trina asked. I shook my head, then immediately regretted it. Once again, my daughters caught me as I was headed to the floor.

Then I noticed that my head was clearing far faster than it had before. "Ugh," I groaned as they sat me up again. "No, I believe that he was on their planet. I guess he thought he had to put more into it to talk to me."

"So, what did he want this time? Are they needing us back on their planet?" Bell asked.

"No, I think I have finally reached a point where I am truly a representative for earth. The only problem I see is that we are in the middle of a war for survival," I told them.

I then turned toward all six that were there. I pointed to Bethany. She stepped forward as I checked her levels. As I suspected, she was already fairly high. Nodding, I looked within her, then waited. Her visage appeared a moment later, I then started to gently advance her level. To my surprise, as with the others, she started slowly, then suddenly doubled.

I stopped as I looked at first her, then my daughters. I started to shake my head, "it appears that the three of you are by far the strongest of the eight of you."

I turned toward the three males, "I'm sorry guys, though you are a lot stronger, you are still not enough. I need the three of you for the decades of experience you have. I can't lose any more of you. Don't worry, I almost have you there. For now, I need you to help defend this base of operations."

I could see the disappointment on their faces, though they had perked up when I mentioned defending here.

Bethany was staring straight ahead, a look of confusion on her face. The others noticed where I was looking, Bell walked to Bethany, "everything ok?"

"I'm not sure, I swear I can feel something on the edge of my senses though, I can't make heads or tails of it." Bethany said hesitantly.

Bell nodded, "may I see?

Bethany stared at Bell a moment, then slowly nodded. Bell smiled as she slowly reached out to Bethany. A moment later, Bell nodded. "It's good, your other senses are starting to awaken. Concentrate on the strongest of what you feel, concentrate only on it."

Bethany slowly nodded then closed her eyes, a look of extreme concentration on her face. She stayed that way for a few minutes, then her eyes shot open. She turned to stare at first Bell, who nodded, then turned toward Trina, who nodded. She looked at the three males in the room, then looked harder.

She then turned back to Bell, "is it always like this," she asked.

"No, usually if you feel someone as strong ass we are? They can not only block your probe, they can also smack you back. Therefore, I suggest that if you do? You might want to ask first. Remember that we are not all powerful," Bell told her.

They all turned toward me; Bethany's eyes furrowed as she tried to concentrate harder. "Amazing, I can't feel a thing from your father," Bethany said.

"That might be because I am far stronger than you are. Well, that and I have had a lot of practice keeping others out of my mind. As you grow stronger, you'll find that it will grow easier," I told her.

I was about to say more when I felt what sounded like a mental scream to me. All of them there shouted when I suddenly vanished, appearing in a back alley of a major city. Before me, I saw a young woman on the ground struggling.

I nodded as I dove into her mind, instantly detecting the attack. I suggest that you leave now before you cease to exist.

So, the great killer is here. Good when I destroy you, the leader will elevate my position. With that, I felt the other start to apply pressure. I smiled as I reached past it, wrapping the young female I saw in an energy blanket. The creature screamed as it tried to get through the shield to no avail.

The next attack was directed at me, a far greater amount of power than I thought the creature had. I noticed that the energy it was using was far different than any I had seen yet. I pulled back as I sensed that the creature wasn't really here for the female.

I nodded as I anchored myself with several teathers. I then started to cut and block the teathers the creature had on its body.

Well, I thought to it as it tried again to wrap me. It appears that your leader is about to lose another thought warrior. Though I have to admit it was a good try, weak but a good try.

The creature started to laugh; you obviously don't know just who is about to destroy you. I am the greatest thought warrior, as you said. I will destroy you as if you are nothing.

It was my turn to smile greatly, the creature hadn't seen that almost all the tethers to its body were gone.

It is really sad to see a powerful mental race produce such stupid warriors. Now then, YOU should realize just who you are going against. Remember all of your ships that were destroyed? I did that, so really? What chance do you think you have?

I looked at the female still curled up. They can no longer hurt you push it out. It was then that the creature decided to attack again. I could feel it getting weaker, then I felt another, another that was very familiar.

So, the alien leader started. This time you will expire, along with this useless excuse for a warrior.

I smiled. I could feel the leader as it started to close out all the open pathways. This one was more inexperienced than I thought. I felt the first creature scream as the final tether for it was severed. The scream was bothering, though by now I was used to it.

Smiling more, I reached out to start severing all the tether lines the leader had. A look of shock came to its eyes as it fled. I decided to hurt it more as I fired an energy pulse at its retreating form. It surprised him almost as much as it did me.

I immediately withdrew, finding I was on the ground with the female. It was at that moment that I noticed a group of what appeared to be a gang heading toward us.

"Well," the obviously leader said. "Welcome to New York, now, if you want to live? Give up the cash."

I sat up looking at the ten or fifteen males and females. "I have a better suggestion. Leave now while you still can."

They all started to laugh, "or you're gonna do what," the leader said.

"Well, it depends, I am pretty pissed now, so, I will just hurt all of you. Remember, you can survive a lot of pain without dying," I told the group.

Pars001
Pars001
2,212 Followers
12