All Comments on 'The Mountain'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 380 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
congrats

A wonderful story to win story of the year. All of your stories are great. I am not upset that you as th author won but I will say iin my personal opinion this is not your best story I love the rehab more but that is onlyy because of personal reasons.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
****

Nicely written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Surprise ending...at least to me!

Nicely written. Congrats on Romantic Story of the Year. I have to say, I did not see it coming, ...the part about the business partner.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
dude, one awsome story

please keep them coming

TalonsreachTalonsreachalmost 8 years ago
No sleep tonight!!!

This is the first story written by Dream Cloud that I've read. What an awesome story. I cannot wait to read another.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
it's now three thirty in the morning here, you b@$tard, and now I've got

dust in my eyes...damn it. Just an awesome story. Now to try and get some sleep finally. I blame you, DreamCloud...for writing a story I couldn't stop reading. Damn fine work. In my opinion you could publish this, with some structural editing and a little finish work. Either way, I'm glad to have been able to read it.

HarleyusaoneHarleyusaonealmost 8 years ago
Great

Added to my favorites

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Top-shelf Story

The two spellings of Milena grew more irritating by each switch back and forth. However, this is a wonderful tale, well paced and well developed. Five stars.

SelqSelqalmost 8 years ago
5 stars easily

Romance, tragedy, shocks, twists, and a happy ending.

This is a beautiful piece of writing that was well paced and a fantastic read.

Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
how is this story not a movie yet?

This is by the far the best story i have ever read... Action, adventurer, romance, betrayel, love this story had me on the edge of seat.. I 100% believe

this would make a excellent movie

Horseman68Horseman68almost 8 years ago
Most Overall Talented Author on Site.

This story is absolutely fabulous as reader comments attest -- so absorbing and well written. But, that is my unqualified opinion of every story by this author that I have read to date. Taken as a group, it is the best collection of truly great stories on this site. DreamCloud, thank you for so much pleasure. If you are not writing professionally, you should consider it sincerely.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 7 years ago
One of the best romance stories ever

Full of twists and turns and very romantic. As others have commented, five stars are not enough. Reads just as good the second time around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
DreamCloud - you have me hooked!

Your story-telling is superb. The plot was like something Lee Child might have dreamed up for Jack Reacher. I agree with the others about the glaring "typo's" - when you are made aware of these, is it not possible to go and edit the story accordingly? Would make sense. Although, I realise you are up to your eyeballs writing "The Link - The Huntress" just now. As a new reader to your collection, I am still catching up with your old stories. So, if I have to put up with the occasional spelling or grammatical error, so be it! Cheers, 5* anyway.

hal1951hal1951over 7 years ago
Academy Award for best screen play goes to Dreamcloud.

I agree that this would be an excellent movie.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 7 years ago
Book and movie!!!

Make this into a book and the movie will quickly follow. This has it all in both the romance and adventure/mystery genres. Please share this with the world.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Oh my God!

Incredible and lovely story. This tale need to be 500* at last!

Do you know somebody in Hollywood? Is perfect for a movie, and maybe to an Oscar.

Is one of my favorites, with all the ingredients for a great movie, drama, love, thriller, business, friends, family, lovely relationship and Success staff in the work and search of new friends (not Doug, of coarse!).

I can`t believe somebody is capable to write one story like this!

Is perfect!

My congratulations and many thanks for share this story!

I apologize for my English, is not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A wonderful story.

I have read many of Dreamclouds stories and liked them all but this one is wonderful. He is a really talented and creative artist.

Kookaburra8Kookaburra8over 7 years ago
OMG

What can I say that hasn't already been said. All the positive feedback and praise is well warranted. I too thank you for this story, it had it all, a true masterpiece.

xxGhostbusterxxGhostbusterover 7 years ago

So sweet, I really love the story. Please continue writing

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Excellent!

I got a little nervous with the Colonel, I wasn't sure if he was going to be on the wrong side of some intrigue!

It's nice that his in-laws are going to have a nice income, income should let him live high on the hog in Armenia.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What a lovely romance. It was a great plot idea executed with great enthusiasm.

The characters were well crafted and presented, and the drama and suspense were compelling. The erotic scenes were exciting as well as tasteful. Well done.

I also think it could be improved by making it less quaint, and more logical.

Since all Doug needed was Jonathan dead, why not just set up a mugging gone violent? So much cheaper, easier to arrange, and plausible. Who would question that happening on the streets of Chicago?

Tamara was a passenger on a commercial air flight, so all her contact information would be a matter of record, as well as with the couple who paid her to transport their child. There also was the embassy involvement first diverted by his mother. Surely he would make further inquiries once he was out of the hospital and learn of the attempt to reconnect him and Tamara.

Since you did such a great job describing the bonding and love and trust Tamara and Johnathan developed on the mountain, it made no sense for Tamara to think Johnathan would abandon her, especially since she had never heard from him directly, and had given birth to their child. You convinced me that this couple had already betrothed themselves for life on that mountain. Also, while Tamara might have been difficult to find, Johnathan should have been a easy for Tamara to contact, if for no other reason than to get child support.

Why would Tamara's family think a man who wanted to desert Tamara and her daughter would now show up unannounced, to pay her for more sex? I appreciate you tried to make it an issue of language confusion, but Armenians are not stupid, nor primitive. Their first concern upon Johnathan's appearance would be Tamara's and the baby welfare, money, not revenge. Google "Armenian child support laws" for more.

Of course there's more, but you get the idea. Your story is a solid 4-star effort, but could have been a 5 with more care and thought. I have not yet looked at your other writing, but I applaud your talent and hope you are or soon will be a great commercial success.

Thank you for your time and talent.

maddictmaddictover 7 years ago
Very nice.

I've never had to survive a plane before, Jonathan has some kind of luck. The coincidence seemed to be to much I was surprised to find out why. I've to long enjoyed the crazy over the top fetish, loving wives, bdsm, and non con., storys. I'm glad to have found some longer solid storys here.

Looking at you avitar I'm sure I've reead something of yours before but don't recognize any of the titles. I would like lit. to some how highlight our previous selections like google does for our searches. $$$

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
you inspire me

Your stories are just wow.it always brings a smile on my face .the only thing I did find a bit irksome was the inconsistency in the child's name.is it milena or Melina? It was an amazing work nevertheless.keep writing more

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
the feels

In every story you write, I always feel warm afterwards and I get really sad when I know the story is ending... like I'm so freaking in love with your writing I'm crying

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
True Mountains

Your stories are true mountains and clouds of dreams! I love reading your stories; they always bring out the imperfections of human beings and then show the true heart of people. You have an awesome talent! I look forward to many more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A beautiful story.

A wonderful story.

doofus67doofus67over 7 years ago
Truly awesome

Thank you so much for sharing this truly memorable and heart warming story.

I only recently discovered your works (starting with the Rehab) and i'm slowly working through the others. You are a truly talented writer and i hope that i never run out of stories of yours to read. Thanks again, 5 well earned stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Beautiful!

I'm so sad that I have no finished the story. What a beautiful story.

I imagined Jonathan being a younger version of Bill Murray. Lol. Jonathan's humor and demeanor reminded me so much of Bill. This story would make a wonderful film.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
cross..

cultural love stories that end in happiness for the protagonists - so sweet...and done so well!

Thanks for your time and talent

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Never thought I would have the patience to read a love story in Literotica

A beautiful and wonderful story. But I suspect this story would have scored a 5.0 if it hadn't been for some spelling mistakes. Fix the spelling for interpreter and interpret at least, will you Mr DreamCloud? :)))

Horseman68Horseman68over 7 years ago
Another Winner..... 🏆

..... of a story from one of the several best authors on the site. Many thanks for a truly enjoyable read.

dawg_of_wardawg_of_warover 7 years ago
Another great story

This story impressed me because i didnt see some of the twists. It also failed to impress me....WHO AM I KIDDING? DreamCloud always impresses me with his writing.

DoW

J_RReaderJ_RReaderabout 7 years ago
A good read

Thank you for a nice story.

MonkeyMonkzMonkeyMonkzabout 7 years ago

A beautiful and wonderful story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
somtimes I just want you to know...

thank you for your writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow! Just wow!

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nice work!

Really enjoyed this one, very well written!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you!

Thank You for this story,

A Treat

sandy1949sandy1949about 7 years ago
Thank you!

Beautiful story. It is well written with a wonderful flow and I had to laugh at the conclusion!

InescuInescuabout 7 years ago
One of my favorite stories on Lit

I read it again every six months or so, along with a few of your other excellent tales.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Amazing

One of the best I've ever read.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623about 7 years ago

What a wonderful story!! I just loved it. Please continue to write, I love your work!!!

ukdukeukdukeabout 7 years ago
Wonderful

An excellent story. Had me from the word go. It has a real human warmth. Thankyou.

fantasiahottiefantasiahottieabout 7 years ago
2:11 am is a killer but so worth it!!!

Kept me up past my bedtime! Loved it! You are a master story teller!

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 7 years ago
Yes, it is past my usual bed time, also.

Thank you for writing this entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Up til 1.00am to finish

Soppy as anything, but I loved it from start to finish. Many thanks.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 7 years ago
Damn, your stories are SO formulaic...

I mean here's how it goes:

1) You come up with an idea...

2) You write a story based on the idea...

3) You post it here...

4) I love it.

Maybe we could try for a change where, I don't know, I just really LIKE something you write...?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another great one?

I really admire your talent. I'm going to be very disappointed when I finish reading all your stories. Wait!! By then I can start the second read through! !!

PhilDub2PhilDub2almost 7 years ago
Fiction is fiction

Someone once said that great science fiction or great mystery fiction is simply great fiction. This, my friend, is great fiction.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 7 years ago
Bravo

DreamCloud, you and Rehnquist share one thing, the talent and skill to unfailingly write great entertaining stories that are a joy to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wonderful Story!

Really enjoyed your story. Well written, well thought-out story. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Beautiful.

This is my fourth time reading it and I still have the same feeling as the first time. Thanks for this wonderful work of beautiful fiction. Silent movies prove that you don't need to know what someone is saying to understand their feelings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I was right !!!!!

I only read this on 5/15 and it was just as great this time. I find that DC'S stories always leave me feeling wonderful. How can I beat that????

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Love your stories

Very engaging, but please learn the difference between interpreter and an interrupter and re-edit. The many misuses of the word were quite distracting to the flow.

Jazzywazzy313Jazzywazzy313almost 7 years ago
Wonderful

This book was everything to me. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

second time around and still captivating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
awesome

Thank you so much for an excellent story.

I_of_HorusI_of_Horusover 6 years ago
What is the girl's name?

You keep flip flopping between Melina and Milena!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
LOVED THIS FINE ROMANCE PIECE...

This one had it all for me, adventure, survival, integrity, finding true love. Man, I'd read these all the time if you could just get away from the self-centered cheating slut wife stories you seem to find under the "Loving Wives" heading. The mystery of finding that our protagonist was the target of multiple assasination attempts put plenty of drama and excitement into the mix. And it was so much more satisfying than reading about some slut fucking half the guys in the city and then that patented line "I love you only". Every fucking time, The same bullshit line and unbelievable reason for her actions. "I did it for us", You have to understand I needed it this one time". That shit gets so old. This was just so refreshing, love and happiness in one another's arms. Very nice.

TailakaTailakaover 6 years ago
Spectacular

5* Really charming story. Really good use of Jonathan's rehab as a device to allow the baby's birth. Didn't see Doug's betrayal coming. I did though see Kimberly's betrayal coming a mile away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Simply....

Beautiful.

Loved it, you did such a great job conveying your characters feelings. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5*'s Simply Beautiful

Loved it from start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nope

I have to admit I was disappointed. I didn't appreciate the whole "child ripped from arms" scene.... I expected something to go wrong, the whole event woke me up and got me interested......and then wham. Nothing. Not finding any closure on that front just resulted in me losing complete interest in both characters and their struggles.

Maybe I'm just odd and a little too firmly planted in reality, but I would have had a damned difficult time screwing a complete stranger knowing there was a lost or dead child in the vicinity. I mean that is just based on my own experience with survival training and S&R experiences... i find that a complete turn off and somewhat repulsive and maybe even a little ghoulish.

You're a good writer, no doubt about it. but that one. single. detail. ruined the whole story for me. And I know I'm a bad reader/reviewer because I didn't stick with it long enough to find out what happened.. Sorry!

I Love a good adventure. I love survival stories and romance. I know life is harsh.... I read fiction to be entertained and uplifted.... not to be emotionally slapped around. I get enough of that in real life to want to read about it in my free time :/

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Amazing

Simply amazing! Gripping from beginning to end! You are a brilliant storyteller!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
---almost persuaded,

but I can't give it a five*. The last nauseating sentence finally pushed the straw over the edge of the camel's back.

rapperbsrapperbsover 6 years ago
Loved It!

Great story, didnt see the partner twist!

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
THE MOUNTAINS...BEAUTIFUL AND DEADLY DANGEROUS

survival takes a strong person, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
read your bio

saw people had been steeling your writing, but a movie just came out called the mountain between us and that was a book written in 2010. Who is stealing from where? yours does have a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You are

a true writer and excellent author. This is the stuff you should be paid for......

bill

10ssssss

thanks for the freebee

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
That's It

"A goddess dressed in nothing but cute ducky panties emerged."

That's why I read this site, lines like that.

auhunter04auhunter04over 6 years ago
WOW

look what fell from your pen

a magnificent story. I have some idea how much of you you must have put into this work and it shows

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 6 years ago
Outstanding

Your words float across the written page. Your readers race toward the next sentence. What is coming next to stimulate their imagination. I am only sadden that millions of readers will never read your words. We discussed some time ago about being published on that “Big Stage” and the cost and difficulty to get a publisher. I still pray that some agent will realize your gift and get you into the money market. I finally got a “handle” and am no longer an Anon. Best Wishes my friend.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Awesome

Your story flowed. You are a very talented writer. Thank you!

wolfheart692wolfheart692about 6 years ago
Awesome

I loved reading your imagination and thoughts as they intrigued my curiosity of what was coming. Awesome story, really brings you into the life, fears and happiness of the people involved.

Thank you for your story.

sandy77sandy77about 6 years ago
Wonderful

You're evil, I was balling like a baby. Keep writting, I love the stories.

waifwaifabout 6 years ago
Beautiful

Amazing dialogue and wonderful plot devices. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

YUo ripped off the book The MoUntain Between Us and have the gall to pass it off as yoUr own?

korba76korba76about 6 years ago
Oh, the ridiculous comment by...

... an Anony, that the story was stolen from the previous book just pisses me off. This tale, and the other, bear as much likeness to one another as chalk and cheese!

The reality that stories may have similar elements, even similar setups, is a given!

I read that there are really only 4 stories.. that all other stories a derived from these. If that is the case, even if the roots were the same, the graft made a different tree completely! So where it the crime? This tale put so much more into the story that the two no longer truly resemble one another, except superficially. This could be successfully marketed if written and directed by some top notch fill talent...

Full marks, and thanks !

Redhawk45Redhawk45about 6 years ago
Tears

I forget, should you always read stories about love and commitment that make you cry or never read them? Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5 Stars A Really Good Story

Enjoyed reading this again!

nlconfused9nlconfused9almost 6 years ago
Great read

Enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I couldn't stop reading. Spent the whole night reading this and I'm supposed to be waking up in 2 hours (5am) .-. This is what good stories do to me. Awesome story and love and how everything played out. The person who made the comment about copying is obviously foolish, there are hundreds of other stories that pretty much have the exact same story line or draft, this author shouldn't be accused of such things.

jackie_emjackie_emalmost 6 years ago
Beautiful story

This was a great story with a lot of interesting twists and turns and a sweet romance. I can only wish my own stories were so good.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago

Hmm, who would think that sex on a blizzard mountain...means you're treating her as a whore? They both expected to actually die, I don't think payment would have mattered... And who thinks of coupling with a whore preparing to die on a mountain? I think the family ran out of common sense to feed the plot.

Avidreader3142Avidreader3142almost 6 years ago
Stumbled across it again...

I remember reading this a long time ago... loved it then and even better now. A good read and well crafted writing … well done .

Paul

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very good

DAMN GOOD!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This seems like a real life story

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent writing, less excellent editing

A great pleasure to read, but the scattered grammar errors (e.g. "I" instead of "me) and incorrect homonyms (e.g. "too" vs. "to", "site" vs. "sight") shock the reader out of the flow of the story.

medik720medik720over 5 years ago
Great read

I could care less at this point about the grammar mistakes.... This site is for novices and not for literary greats to express a passion in words the two bodies or like minded individuals do..... That said, great job on the story line and characters.

arrowglassarrowglassover 5 years ago
I keep re-reading your stories because they are so well done!

And they just keep reading better and better each time. I hope some day you will change your mind about sharing more with those of us who are BIG fans!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Very good story... none of the sex, violence, action, thought or dialogue was gratuitous. It was all there for a reason; especially the sincerity of their love. Best story I have read on literotica. Thanks Brent

DelicoseDelicoseover 5 years ago
Interrupter, Melina/Milena

If you were still posting here I'd recommend firing Tim. LOL 5 stars, as usual.

LwcbyLwcbyabout 5 years ago
I'll keep saying how much I like this everytime I readit

I have clue how many times I've read this that says something about you thank you God bless you6

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
The mountain

Just when I thought I was jaded beyond all hope,i find a writer of your caliber. I have been around the block more times than I care to share,for some reason I'm having trouble with my allergies.please keep sharing your thoughts and gifts,have a beautiful day rocf

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Awesome! This story is in my top 5! I first read it about 2 years ago. I have loved the second reading more than the first. The detail and descriptions give your characters and the settings the realism of being there! Sell the movie rights and enjoy!

Please read the title

Bill19501Bill19501almost 5 years ago
Complaints

A few minor problems, such as 'interrupter' instead of 'interpreter', but my main complaint is that I can't award more stars. Fabulous story which had me cheering for the hero.

bowlerhatbowlerhatover 4 years ago
Flow

When you consider a conversation carried on through a third person, "interrupter" is actually fairly apt.

John

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well...

I think this story works as a great prequel to the Taken films. Poor guy just wants to settle down with his sweet Albanian wife only to end up starting a human trafficking ring that gets ripped apart by Liam Neeson overcompensating for his terrible parenting skills.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent

This is a 5 times 2....I read it a second time and enjoyed it immensely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Beautiful

You have crafted a wonderful love story filled with romance, danger and great twists and turns. The screenplay for a spectacular movie is already right here. Well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous