The Not-dead, Dead Husband

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ali said, "I never see that before. What you think going on?"

I smiled because I was sure I'd caught Martin being very much alive when he was supposed to be very much dead.

"I don't know but it looks illegal and something the police should look into. Unfortunately, your system is pretty old and the video quality isn't very good. My company can help you out that way too and we'll do it for free if you'll tell people who did it. If you'll make me a copy of the video, I'll take it back to the shop and have them enhance the video. Then, I'll bring it back and you can call the police."

I slapped him on the arm then.

"You'll probably be a hero, Ali."

When I got back to my office with the DVD of the video, I had Martin's fucking ass down cold as far as being alive when he was supposed to be dead. It would have been better if I could have found him, but I thought I had enough. I called Darlene's lawyer and asked to speak to him again.

}{

When I walked into his lobby, the same receptionist gave me the same fake smile and greeting, but she didn't ask what I wanted. She just picked up the handset and punched the button on her phone. About five minutes later, Theodore Sanders opened his office door and motioned me in. This time, his suit was the same, but his shirt was pink and his bow tie was blue. After we sat down, he smiled.

"So, I take it you think you've found something that exonerates Mrs. Matthews?

I hadn't figured out if he was in on the deal or not, but I'd decided to treat him like he was.

"Yes, I have. Martin Matthews isn't dead, or at least he wasn't when Darlene was supposed to have killed him. I have him on video."

I went on to explain what I thought had happened. When I finished, he put his fingertips together and frowned.

"It would seem there are some unanswered questions that remain, but as a lawyer, my opinion would be that a video of a man you can't identify is not proof Mr. Matthews is still alive. Mrs. Matthews could have asked someone to do what your video demonstrates in order to avoid suspicion of murder."

That statement pretty much confirmed he was in on the deal. I was ready for that.

"I think the DA and the Nashville PD will be interested in my video even if you aren't. They'll be my next stop. After that, I know a couple of lawyers, and I'll show them what I've found. As a lawyer, what would be your opinion of how the Tennessee Bar Association would view a lawyer who refused to investigate evidence that could free his client?"

Witherby turned the palest shade of white you've ever seen then.

"I...I uh...I don't think it will be necessary for you to do any of that. If you'll give me the video, I'll review it and take the appropriate action."

That's the oldest fucking brush-off in the world. Taking the appropriate action meant he'd toss the video in the trash as soon as I left. As I handed him the DVD, I smiled.

"This is a copy, I have three other copies, and the motel still has the original. I told them to lock their copy in their safe because the police will want to see the original. If I don't hear that the charges against Darlene have been dropped and she's been released within twenty-four hours, I'll do everything I just said.

"It would be a damned shame for you to have wasted all those years in college and law school, now wouldn't it? I hear that the hamburger place down the block is hiring though...that is if the police can't connect you to Martin faking his death. They might decide to investigate you too...especially if I tell them you didn't investigate something that could keep Darlene out of prison."

}{

I got a call from Theresa at about nine the next morning, and she sounded excited.

"Mr. Meers, Darlene called me from the jail. All the charges have been dropped and I'm going to pick her up in half an hour. Thank you so much for what you did."

That was all I heard until a week later when I passed the stack of newspapers in the grocery store where I buy my frozen pizzas. The headline read "LOCAL DEVELOPER CHARGED WITH FRAUD". I never buy newspapers, but I bought a copy of that one. The story wasn't exactly what I'd figured out, but I was pretty close.

Martin had been arrested in Knoxville living under the name Martin Mayes. He was working as a real estate appraiser there too. It was probably only a coincidence that Witherby had purchased a property in Knoxville and was in the process of building a strip mall on it. It was probably also a coincidence that Martin had done the appraisal. Once the Nashville PD got Martin back to Nashville and charged him with insurance fraud, he told them the whole story.

He'd had a conversation five years before with Witherby in a bar. When Martin told Witherby he was a commercial property appraiser, Witherby asked if he'd be interested in appraising a property he was looking at buying. Witherby said he thought the property was worth a certain amount, but the appraisal was higher than that. He asked if Martin would give him a second opinion, and said if the appraisal was close to what he wanted, he'd make sure Martin got a nice commission.

Apparently, that commission was a lot more than the five grand he got from the property owner, because Martin kept doing the same thing any time Witherby was interested in a property. Witherby had told Martin he was expanding his business to Knoxville, and it would be more convenient if Martin moved there. Martin didn't want to take Darlene with him, so he closed his bank accounts, faked his death to blame Darlene, moved to Knoxville, and opened new accounts and his own office under his new name.

As it turned out, the affair between Connie and Julia was just one of those things that happen. Martin knew about it and had told Witherby, but Witherby just shrugged and said he didn't care what she did as long as Julia kept fucking him. According to the newspaper article, Julia was in the process of divorcing Witherby. I figured by the time he got out of jail, she'd have most of his money as well as his business.

The article didn't go into Martin's disappearance, so I had to wait another week to find that out. That happened when I got a call from Roger. He sounded happy.

"Harry, I owe you for this one. You bailed my ass out of a touchy situation."

I said I just wanted to see justice done, and asked him what happened. He laughed.

"You must have put the fear of God into Mrs. Matthews' lawyer. He showed up at the DA's office the next morning with that video of Martin getting out of Mrs. Matthews car at the motel. He told the DA what his investigation had shown to have happened, and demanded the DA drop the charges against Mrs. Matthews. The DA called the Crime Lab and asked them to confirm the blood tests and the trim on the trunk, and when they said they couldn't, the DA dropped all charges against Mrs. Matthews. He also told us to find Matthews no matter what anybody else told us to do.

"Harry, I know you did the investigation, not that punk lawyer. He's been dropped from the list of public defenders as of a week ago. I also know the DA asked the Tennessee Bar Association to look into his conduct. I doubt we'll find anything to implicate him in what happened with Witherby. Cash is too hard to trace, but he's probably done as a lawyer in Tennessee.

"Once we had Martin in custody, he told us how he'd planned the whole thing. The stains on the living room carpet and the car trunk were just some rusty water that he put there. He'd read that iron compounds will show positive on a field blood test. He'd also read that with enough bleach, no lab can determine what the stain is and they wouldn't be suspicious when they couldn't find any DNA.

"He printed a doctor's receipt off the net and filled in the diagnosis of him being sterile and then left it where Mrs. Matthews could find it. He needed an excuse to pick a fight with her in hopes she'd leave the house. When she went to pack, he got in her trunk. You know the rest."

I said that's what I'd figured, but I never figured out why he did it. Roger chuckled.

"He got tired of Mrs. Matthews asking him for a baby and decided he wanted out. He figured if he divorced her or she divorced him, she'd get at least half of everything, and he couldn't stand for that, so he decided to fake his own death. When we tracked him down, he was shacked up with the twenty-year-old blonde he'd hired as his secretary.

"He admitted to calling the receptionist when he got home from work that night and giving her his password so she could get an appraisal from his computer. He said he'd put the note blaming Mrs. Matthews in the same folder so he knew she'd find it. Because of that and the fake blood stains and the insurance policy, Martin's facing charges of insurance fraud and fabricating evidence. That'll probably cost him three years, maybe four."

}{

I felt pretty good about everything. Darlene was out of jail and I'd made enough money to keep me in scotch, cigarettes, and frozen pizzas for several months. I celebrated that night with an actual take-out pizza and two fingers of Glenfiddich to wash it down. I was pouring another two fingers when there was a knock on my door.

I almost didn't recognize Darlene since she wasn't in her jail clothes and what clothes she was in weren't doing anything to hide her big tits, really nice ass and great legs. She smiled and asked if she could come in for a while. When she sat down across from me, her short skirt rode up her thighs enough I thought I caught a glimpse of black panties.

"I just thought I should come by and thank you personally, Harry. I'd have done it sooner, but I've been pretty busy.

"I found a lawyer who would help me divorce Martin for a percentage of what he can get me and I don't have to pay him anything in advance. He thinks I'll end up with most of what Martin had including the house. I got a job as a bank teller, and I don't make enough money to make the house payments, but I don't need a big house for just me anyway. Once the divorce is final, I'll sell the house and find a small house or rent something. In the meantime, I'm living with Mom and Dad.

I said I was happy for her, and that if she ever needed help with anything else, all she had to do was call me.

She grinned then.

"I was hoping you'd say that because I do need some help and I don't know who else to turn to. I went to the hospital to thank that Madge woman for recommending you, and she told me what you did for her. Could you do for me what you did for Madge?

"Sure, but I don't think you need anything more to divorce your husband. Trying to blame you for his murder should be more than enough."

Darlene grinned again.

"No, not that thing you helped her with...the other thing."

"What other thing?"

Darlene smiled.

"Well, see, the thing is after I asked Martin for a baby the second time, he started sleeping in the spare bedroom. That was almost a year ago and I've gotten...uh... really tense. Madge told me you're really good at...uh...relieving tension."

"You want to...with me?"

Darlene started unbuttoning the buttons of her blouse.

"Uh-huh...more than once if you can manage it. After all this, I really, really need to get myself relaxed."

Well, if she hadn't been wearing this little black bra that almost let her nipples peek out over the cups, I would have probably maybe thought about telling Darlene I needed to think about it for a while, but she didn't give me the chance. That bra hooked in the front, and as soon as she unbuttoned the last button, she unhooked the hook. Her big tits sort of fell out of the cups, bounced gently one time and then her big nipples stared at me.

Darlene grinned.

"Madge said as big as I am this should convince you. Now, since I don't have a place of my own and we're already here, how 'bout you show me where you sleep?"

She left her blouse and bra on my chair and started taking off her skirt on the way to my bedroom. She lost the skirt in the hall to my bedroom. Once we got in my bedroom, Darlene kicked off her high heels and then laid back on the bed and pulled her black panties down her legs and off her feet.

When she raised up and started unbuckling my belt. I had to chuckle.

"Theresa said you were a little wild, but I never expected anything like this."

Darlene unbuttoned and unzipped my fly, then started pulling my jeans down.

"I love Theresa to death, but she'd an old fuddy-duddy and she doesn't know what she's missing."

She pulled my underwear down, and then grabbed my cock.

"I know what I've been missing and it's this. Aren't you gonna get undressed?"

It was pretty hard to take off my shirt, step out of my shoes and get my pants and underwear off. That was because Darlene kept stroking my cock. I was rock hard by the time I managed, and as soon as I did, she pulled on my cock as she eased back down on the bed.

"I'm not gonna need much playing around this time, Harry, so don't be shy."

Now, I know women get horny once in a while...well, my ex never seemed to, but the other women I've known do. Some get hornier than others. Darlene was beyond horny.

She groaned when I brushed her right nipple.

"Oh, God, Harry, I've been doing that to myself all day. I need more than that."

I slipped my hand down to her mound and then slipped a finger between her lips.

"You been doing this all day too?"

Darlene jerked a little when I touched her clit. She was already pretty slippery inside. She moaned when I slipped one finger inside her.

"Yeah, but it didn't feel as good as when you do it."

Well, I figured I'd see how good I could make Darlene feel, so I nuzzled down her belly to her mound, then spread her legs and knelt between them. I was parting her pussy lips when she looked down.

"Harry, are you gonna do what I think you're gonna do? Martin never would."

I looked up and grinned.

"Just lay back and stay quiet. If you don't like it, I'll stop."

As soon as my tongue slipped between her wet lips, Darlene gasped.

"Oh my God, I never dreamed it would feel like this."

"So you want me to keep going?"

"If you don't I'm gonna cry."

Well, she didn't cry...well, there at the end she did but it was more of a little squeak when her thighs started to shake and she started pushing her pussy up into my face. When she stopped shaking, she pulled me up on top of her.

"God, that was fantastic. I need you to do the same thing but inside me now. Here, I'll help."

She slipped her hand between us, then tried to guide my cock into her entrance. I let her do her thing until I felt my cock head at the right place. Then, I eased it in a little.

Darlene gasped and her hips lurched up, but I was too fast for her. I eased back a little and chuckled.

"Easy there, Darlene, unless you want this to end really quick. Just let me drive and it'll be fun for both of us."

She let me do things my way for a while, but when she started lifting her body into every stroke, I knew I was going to lose control of the situation. There's no holding a woman in place when she gets that aroused. She uses her legs and a woman's legs are pretty strong.

It didn't help matters when I bent my head down, trapped her right nipple between my lips and sucked. Darlene moaned and her hips made a double jerk then. That double jerk reminded me to remember to go slow or I wasn't going to last very long.

I tried concentrating on the feel of Darlene's stiff, rubbery nipple in my mouth and that helped. Well, it helped until she panted in my ear, "Bite down just a little. I like that."

I did, just a little, but it didn't do anything for my self control. Darlene shuddered, then murmured, "Little harder".

It was that little harder bite that caused everything to sort of explode. Darlene jerked, groaned, then lifted her hips up into my stroke. That stroke went pretty deep inside her, and I felt some contractions around my cock. I changed nipples and the same thing happened, except Darlene held her breath this time and she raised up more.

She didn't ease back down on the mattress like she had the first time either. She blew out the breath she'd been holding and sucked in another. After two more strokes, she held her breath again, then gasped, "Oh, God, Harry, now."

Darlene started rocking her pussy over my cock, and I felt her passage grip and then release my cock. She got a lot wetter, and then cried out as her whole body started to shake. I felt her nails dig into my back as she arched up off the bed and hung there shaking like a leaf in a windstorm.

That did it for me. She was arched high enough my cock was sort of angled up, and what I was feeling from the way that angle put my cock head inside her was more than I could control. I gasped at the first spurt, groaned at the second, and started to pant with the third. After that, I just held myself up with my arms, kept pinching her nipple between my teeth, and kept stroking until Darlene sighed and eased down on the sheet.

"Mmm", she purred. "That Madge woman was right. I'm all relaxed now."

My cock slipped out of Darlene about then, so I rolled over beside her. She giggled as she felt down my belly for my cock and when she found it, she wiggled it.

"This is funny. It felt a lot bigger before. Did I do that?"

"Well it was bigger before, and yes you did it. It was great though."

Maybe it'll get bigger in the morning. I'd like it if it got bigger again."

"Does that mean you're staying the night?"

Darlene snuggled up beside me and pushed her big tits into my side.

"If you'll let me, I will."

I woke up the next morning with Darlene playing with my cock. She played with it until it stood up and took notice of her hair covered mound rubbing on my thigh. As soon as it did, Darlene rolled over on top of me, dangled her big tits in my face, and smiled.

"You just lay still and let me do everything."

Well, she did most of everything, but I got the job of sucking and biting her nipples again. They were like control knobs because the harder I sucked and the more little nips I made, the hotter Darlene got. There at the end, she was riding my cock and pulling back on the nipple I had in my teeth. That made her lurch down with every thrust.

It took her a little longer this time, but the end was really fantastic. Darlene pushed down over my cock, threw her head back, and shrieked when she started to shake. I don't remember much after that. I was spurting my ass off and enjoying every second of it. It was fun having her laying on my chest afterwards and feeling the little tightenings around my cock when I squeezed her ass cheeks.

Darlene left about nine, but before she did, she said she might need to relax sometime in the future if I was willing. I chuckled and said I'd be willing, but she needed to give me a couple of days. She kissed me on the cheek, then turned and walked out the door. I just stood there and watched. Like I said, she had a really nice ass.

Thankfully, all I had to do that day was serve a couple of subpoenas. As I was looking at them, I realized I'd served a subpoena to one of the people before. It was Rebecca Seeley, and with the first one, she'd tried to bribe me.

What she said was if I'd promise to say I couldn't find her, she'd ride my cock and fuck me senseless. She opened the robe she was wearing then and she was naked underneath.

I had to say no and it didn't have anything to do with my ethics, what few I have. Rebecca was reasonably good looking and she had a pair of huge tits. It's just that along with her tits being huge, the rest of Rebecca was huge too. I guessed her to weigh in at about three hundred, maybe three fifty and I remembered watching this cop shop on TV.

In the show, they found this poor bastard dead as a fucking mackerel in his hotel room. There were no signs of a struggle except for on the bed, and judging by the wet spot under him, he and somebody had had one hell of a good time. The autopsy showed he'd literally had the life crushed out of him by a weight heavy enough he couldn't breathe. They later tied it to the woman who'd fucked him. She was attending a "big girl" convention, and the guy apparently liked fucking really big women. Once she came, she laid there on top of the guy long enough he croaked.