The Omniverse

Story Info
The background story of the Omniverse.
809 words
4.15
744
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Omniverse

This serves as a prelude to future novels set in Omniverse and it's universes.

The symbol " Ɣ " should be read as "gamma".


The main difference between a metaverse and a multiverse is that a metaverse is an interconnected virtual universe, often consisting of multiple galaxies, planets, and other interlinked digital spaces, while a multiverse is a hypothetical group of multiple universes that exist in parallel to one another. The universe is defined as the entirety of space and time, all forms of matter, energy, and phenomena, and their interactions. It is commonly thought of as the physical universe, which includes stars, galaxies, and other objects that exist in space. While the multiverse concept is based on scientific theories, the metaverse is a fictional construct usually found in science fiction and fantasy works.

Because we don't know for sure if other multiverses exist, we assume the Omniverse is the only one and contains an uncountable number of universes. The Omniverse Database is a library-like structure floating at the edge of the Void, outside of time and space, between the universes. It's run by a neutral, multiverse-wide consortium of organizations from across the multiverse, which helps ensure impartiality and accuracy in its records that catalog and store information about universes. It stores catalog identifiers, physical and temporal locations, descriptions, and any other data that could be used to identify and locate universes.

The organizations that comprise the database keep an up-to-date catalog of every known universe and include information from both public and private sources. They are constantly updating their records as new universes or changes to existing universes are discovered. The database is a critical resource for inter-universe travel and communication and provides a wealth of data and knowledge for those interested in exploring the various universes in the multiverse. In addition to cataloging universes, the database also provides a range of services such as inter-universe data exchange, metaverse security, and research into new technologies that could benefit universal exploration.

All in all, the ODB is an invaluable resource for anyone looking to navigate the multiverse. Our current universe, where you--the reader--are right now reading this, is cataloged as the "Ɣ13" universe. Some universes are already aware of the multiverse, but most of them are not. As an agreement between the consortium members, these universes are left in peace but observed, cataloged, and examined without interfering with their development and timeline.

It's not a strict rule; anyone can go wherever they want to go, but they should keep in mind that they could not return, as the inhabitants of these universes often have not yet developed the ability to travel in the multiverse, and such technology is really expensive and complicated to install on vehicles, such as spaceships. As a result, advanced universes mostly use quantum portals, or teleports in scientific terms, to traverse the multiverse. Others or less technologically advanced ones may use magic, rituals, or divine powers to open gateways to the multiverse.  

The most notable universes are those where something happened that affected the multiverse in one way or another. Maybe the most famous is the so-called "Darkverse". An entire universe is engulfed in eternal darkness. No one has ever returned from the Darkverse, but legends say unimaginable horrors lurk in the deepest darkness of the forsaken universe. Fortunately, whatever lurks in the darkness is unable to leave it ( or doesn't want to leave it? ), so the Darkverse is effectively a prison. No one knows the exact reason. The Darkverse's catalog identifier is "Ɣ-X3".

Long ago, the "Ɣ-D-137" universe was blooming with life. Humans and other extraterrestrial species lived in harmony, but after eons and eons went by, everything was consumed by a giga-massive black hole, which is far greater than a supermassive black hole. "Asmodeus, the great one", as they called it, was formed by multiple supermassive black holes colliding and merging together. The universe is considered lost, and public travel is closed to it. Even if you wanted to try it, you would end up far beyond the event horizon of a really big black hole, which is most likely going to kill you.

Another famous universe is the "Ɣ-O-3" or "Orion-3". It is the largest interverse market since we can reach the multiverse. It was a universe devoid of intelligent lifeforms when people from all over the multiverse began to construct a massive trading hub in the empty space, which grew in size over time. Nowadays, traders and merchants from all across the multiverse have their shops and stands on Orion-3, including a black market where you can buy whatever you desire, even guns, drugs, or slaves.

There are many exotic and interesting worlds, with different attributes, laws, deities, or societies. The ODB is constantly growing, mapping out new universes across the multiverse.