The One That Got Away Pt. 01

Story Info
A shy Toronto college student loosens up after one got away.
4k words
4.12
3.5k
3
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/15/2023
Created 04/07/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1

20-year-old Allison was just wrapping up her final volunteering shift for the 2015 Toronto Pan Am games at the downtown Beach Volleyball Center. She hated standing in front of a venue and greeting the spectators that were walking around. She was very shy and unopen. But she knew that by volunteering for the event, she was in return going to get a break on her student loans. She was walking in small circles, holding a sun umbrella that the crew gave her. Quietly, she hummed her favorite song 'Since U Been Gone' by Kelly Clarkson. Her manager, Evan, snuck up behind her asking if everything was alright. Evan wasn't quite trusting of his volunteers since last night when one of them left a bag unattended and almost caused a bomb scare.

Allison was caught off guard and flinched. Her face was a bit red, hoping he didn't hear her hum. She was about to say that everything was ok, when a big gust of wind came out of nowhere. Evan warned her that the fence beside her was going to fall over. She quickly ran away, just narrowly dodging serious injuries to herself. Now drenched in sweat from both the summer's heat and the adrenaline of cheating potential death, her nipples were poking out through her pink tank top and Evan was blushing big time. But more importantly, this male volunteer, Joseph, that Allison was eyeing since her very first shift was also staring at her from the volunteers' tent. His ginger hair, cute freckles, and chiselled jawline were what mesmerized her. She didn't have the nerve to ask Joe out. The only prior interaction they had during the past two weeks was when they did a crossword puzzle in the newspaper one morning before their shifts. But now that she got his attention, she knew that she had to take advantage. He was a dancer who was tasked with entertaining the crowd during the intermissions for the volleyball matches. Therefore, he was going to leave immediately after the match, in thirty minutes. Evan advised her to get cleaned up at the tent.

After wiping the sweat off with her towel and spraying deodorant, she reached for a pen on a table and ripped a corner off of the morning's newspaper off. Joe already left the tent and was out dancing for the crowd. She decided to write a succinct message. 'Joe, I saw you staring at me being dripped in sweat. If you are interested in seeing more, please call' and included her number. His bag was right there, on a seat at the table. But she couldn't do it, she couldn't put it in. She was facing mental struggles of whether or not she was pushing boundaries with such a blunt message. Allison decided to think on it, as she still had twenty minutes before he's gone for good. But then she heard Evan's voice shouting. He was recruiting all the volunteers to get a big huge group photo on their last day. As everyone was getting ready, Allison was worried that this was going to eat heavily into the last twenty minutes she had. After a few takes, Joe came running from the volleyball court and jumped in the crowd for a few final photos with the group. Afterwards, he ran off to the tent to get his bag and leave. Allison knew he was going to leave for good at that instance. But she was still conflicted on whether or not it would be stepping boundaries. After this day, the summer is over and it would be back to school. No student on campus was nearly as eye catching as Joseph.

She couldn't bring herself to run after him. She watched him in his white top, rocking the cargo shorts in his toned butt, his bag slung over his right shoulder, walking off into the sunset.

Chapter 2

It was back to the University of Toronto for Allison. Her second attempt at trying to pass Organic Chemistry. Lecture was the typical: nagging professor and boring, unattractive students. Most were only there for attendance marks. An assignment was coming up, to be done in groups. She was assigned a group with two nerdy looking females, one of them was named Kathy and still wearing braces. Allison thought to herself that at least they can carry the workload for her. Like all college students, they coordinated by being contacts on Facebook, a platform that Allison herself only used for school.

That night, she got on her Microsoft surface pro and checked the Facebook messages from her group mates. They introduced each other in the group chat. Kathy noticed that Allison was very unenthusiastic about the whole thing. So, she asked what was up. Begrudgingly, Allison explained her whole situation of letting a chance of love slip from her. Kathy was completely understanding and encouraged her to find him on Facebook. She told her that the worst that can happen is that he declines the friend request. Being infatuated with Joseph from the get go, she obviously remembered his last name as well, Diez. Tried as she might, she couldn't find a Joe or Joseph Diez. Kathy assured her that some guys might go with other alias as their Facebook name. So, Allison decided to play around. First name with last initial, last name with first initial. The latter did it as she eventually found a 'Jay Diez' with a profile pic of the same cute ginger she stared at for two weeks. The pic had him in sunglasses on, tilting his head upwards towards the Sun. Twitchy, Allison tapped 'add friend' on the laptop's touch screen. She decided to download the Facebook app on her phone for easier access to follow up on it.

Two nights later, Allison had only mustered up a paragraph for the assignment whereas her group mates already completed three pages together with the full bibliography. Her group mates definitely lived up to their nerdy appearance. But then, she saw a notification on her phone that 'Jay Diez accepted your friend request'. Excited but still very nervous, Allison messaged him, hoping he'd recognize her from the profile picture; that Kathy herself spruced up for her using photoshop. She waited fifteen minutes for a reply but nothing. She decided to head for the shower and drown her emotions there, or at least hope the water can relieve her from writer's block for the assignment.

In the shower, she played with her nipples, knowing that these bad boys were the only ones that gave her the slightest chance with him. That maybe, they were ingrained in his mind when he stared at her and gave the slightest bit of justification for her randomly messaging him. She tried hard to get them to stick out like they did when she was sweating like crazy that day. She decided to take her detachable shower head, turn the water to very cold, and aim it on her boobs. She was shaking in the cold but it did make her nipples were rock hard. She decided to gently lick them, thinking of Joe as she was slightly becoming aroused.

She didn't bother drying her hair afterwards. She just wrapped it up in a towel and went straight to bed naked, pitying herself as a hopeless romantic.

Chapter 3

Joe never was a bookworm, and instead took plenty of dance courses in high school. But he never could catch his big break after graduating. Canada's got Talent rejected his application. He submitted his audition video but they didn't see it worthwhile. When he heard that the Pan Am Beach Volleyball Center was looking for performers, he just had to throw his hat in the ring. It might not have been a television debut, but he wanted to get his foot in the door any way that he can.

Until he could make it big, he was living in an apartment with his friend Allen, a boat captain for the Toronto ferry. Allen was really strict on him bringing girls in. Therefore, Joe was really restricted with regards to his sex life.

One morning before his volunteering shift, he was waiting inside the giant volunteers' tent and noticed a brunette girl, Allison, who was doing a crossword puzzle in the newspaper. Bored and with time to kill, he decided to ask if he may join in. He noticed she already did half of the puzzle on her own. She seemed quite knowledgeable. Knowing he couldn't really contribute, he decided just to head to the volleyball court and practice his dance. The court was filled with artificial sand from dump trucks. His routine was just to do hold a giant beach ball and march in place along to any song they play. The intermissions in between volleyball sets were very short, so most of the time they just played the jingle 'I wanna know, will you be my girl'. It wasn't quite what he envisioned, but there was no backing out now.

By the last day, he had enough. He knew nothing was going to give with such simple dance moves. After the final shift, he was planning just to run out of the venue as fast as he can without looking back. That morning, he was waiting in the volunteer tent, having no interest in practicing such simple dance moves before the matches started. While in the tent, he heard someone scream. It was his manager Evan. He looked outside to see what was going on and saw a fence collapse. Then he saw Allison, breathing heavily, staring at the fallen fence. He also noticed she was covered in sweat that made her nipples stick out from under her pink tank top. He saw her shift her eyes towards him. He quickly went back in the tent, hoping she didn't consider him a pervert or anything. They never really spoke so it seemed very easy to overstep boundaries just from staring at a person. It was hard to find a girl that was both smart and that attractive, not that he was actively trying anyways. Those were some firm boobs drenched in sweat. Her hair being tied back in a ponytail also gave view to a shiny, sweaty forehead. But now he was worried he left a bad impression on her, and he really wanted to get out of there after his final performance.

He was told by Evan that there was going to be a group photo. But he wanted to avoid interacting with Allison at all costs. So he waited at the entrance of the court before he heard Evan yell 'last call for group photo' and he came running and jumped into the crowd of fellow volunteers. Afterwards, he ran off and left the venue avoiding any possible eye contact with Allison. At the entrance to the venue, he got a drink at a small straw roofed kiosk shaped like a miniature tiki hut. He tried to use alcohol to wipe the wasted past two weeks away. He headed for the train and a fellow volunteer was on a lifeguard high chair speaking through her megaphone 'Thanks to all the spectacular volunteers for helping out'.

Chapter 4

It was a quiet fall morning. Joe decided to head for his favourite French restaurant called Le Papillon for lunch. It was filled with high school students on a field trip. They were forced by their teachers to order their food only in French. Joe did encounter high schoolers filling up the place annually, but he never was in their shoes. While French class was mandatory in high school, he was able to opt for dance class in place of the compulsory credit at the expense of his mom having a phone call with the vice principal. His parents just didn't want him to be held back, so he can graduate high school and they can be done with him sooner.

Joe saw some students already had boyfriends and girlfriends. They were sitting beside each other and flirting while enjoying their meals. High school students were already getting into romance and there he was, a hopeless romantic. These field trip days always made him depressed. He just sat there stirring his French Onion Soup. He never got the same high school experience because who would want to date a non-academic loser like him? Even now, his strict roommate Allen wasn't going to help matters.

The idea of Allison did convince him that smart girls can be attractive. While Joe wasn't exactly a horny man, he wasn't completely free of lust. There was a strip club called Zanzibar which was conveniently across from Toronto's Ryerson University. He heard that some Ryerson students were performing there trying to earn tuition money. He thought he could pose as one as well. There were probably plenty of potential customers that were smart, educated Ryerson students.

While being an erotic dancer wasn't his idea of making it big, he was willing to try anything. Nothing could be worse than those two weeks wasted marching with a giant beach ball. He went there hoping for a position. He was told by the club's owner, Lance, that he could perform between 7-9 pm for the next two evenings, and that he would only get paid by customer tips at the VIP lounge. Lance got half of all tips that the performers receive. If he couldn't get a single VIP customer after the first two nights, his stint would be over.

That night, he performed like mad. Twirling around a pole only in trunks and then taking them off midway through his performance. It wasn't a busy night. Only two tables had any customers. One had a girl who was reading a James Patterson novel since before Joe started his shift. The other had two Ryerson students who were studying for midterms, both wearing thick framed glasses. They were there just to destress a bit. They took brief glimpses at him when they were not looking down at their textbooks but weren't really aroused by him. Joe decided to walk a bit closer to that table and twerked at an attempt to really get their attention. It didn't work and he was already out by nine. It just wasn't a busy night for Zanzibar. He was embarrassed at how he made a fool out of himself in front of the two girls and hoped he never encountered them on the street.

Joe didn't tell Allen about his new gig. Allen was hardly home anyways so he didn't care what Joe was up to, so long that there was no evidence that any guests were in his apartment. Joe decided to hit the drugstore the following afternoon and got some baby oil. He decided to cover his cock in it for the following night's performance. That night, there were four tables full of patrons. One of them had two girls that were loud and enthusiastic. He performed in his trunks for a bit and then invited the two loud girls to the VIP lounge and one of them accepted his offer. She was a plus sized, ebony girl. Joe didn't particularly find her attractive but he wasn't completely appalled by her either. They went to one of the booths in the VIP lounge. Each booth consisted of a dark curved couch with a black ottoman in the middle.

He offered her some of his baby oil that she could apply to his cock for a quick handy. She couldn't resist some fun. After taking off his trunks, he stood while leaning back on the ottoman. The girl got on her knees, covered her hands in the baby oil and slowly stroked his cock with one hand. When he got rock hard, she started to really jerk him off and used both hands. Joe was starting to enjoy this night. She was amused at how horny he was getting. Her dimples showed as she giggled. Eventually, he shot his load and the girl was pleasantly surprised. His cum sprayed on the couch, with the final drips of jizz getting on the girl's fingers. Joe couldn't believe he just ejaculated for a client. He did think a bit about Allison while he climaxed.

Chapter 5

Allison passed Organic Chemistry thanks to her group mates helping her ace the project. She was at the campus' bar, Rex's Den, enjoying a shot of Malibu. It was all in relief that she finally got through the biggest road block in her major. She was relaxed and dressed very casually: hair in knotted pig tails, white shirt tied up to show her belly, and a flannel cardigan over it. She did attract a few guys who treated her to more shots. She enjoyed the feeling of knowing that she is pretty. Maybe it was for the best that she squandered her chance with Joe and was unsuccessful afterwards trying to connect on Facebook. At least it gave her the courage to be looser at school. This norm was never instilled on her because her high school required a strict uniform dress code. It confined her into this shell of always needing to look civilized, that carried into her first two uneventful years on campus. The band 'The Freakin Lolas', entered the bar and performed many of their original songs. Everyone there went on the dance floor and jammed to it. The band also performed covers like the song Chelsea Dagger. The rock beat got Allison bobbing her head. She had quite the time, finally realizing what being a young adult was really like.

Looking ahead, it was just a semester of bird courses to pull up her GPA. The campus opened an Aquatics Center that also served as a venue for the Pan Am Games the previous summer. She decided to take this new course offered there. It involved a lot of swimming. She thought that could attract a lot of guys there as well. She wouldn't mind a Peeping Tom in the girl's change room, as long as it wasn't a creepy old guy. Two weeks in, it was swimming class. Allison made friends with a blonde Romanian classmate, Mirela, as they both wrapped a towel over their swimsuit and walked from the change room to the pool. The hallway was designed such that their walk was still lengthy enough to get stares from a lot of passersby who were also using the Aquatics center. She and Mirela enjoyed every moment of being eye candy.

The aquatics center became her new hotspot. Allison decided to join activities there beyond class hours, just for an excuse to use the change room and get glaring eyes on them. After all, part of her tuition fee goes to maintaining this building so might as well make the best of it. She joined drop-in games of water polo and participated in interhouse ball hockey. The captain of the team that she joined came from a rich family. He goes by 'Zee'. Zee was quite the lady's man himself and would drive to various colleges in Ontario during their reading weeks to pick up girls. While Allison wasn't interested in Zee himself (or vice versa), she knew he was the life of the party and that associating with him would make for the best final year of her undergrad ever. Zee knew that and tried to be good friends with her. He was the outgoing person, letting her join his team on account of having vacant spots for teammates.

They finished the ball hockey season fourth among the six teams. Allison was glad that they didn't finish last, but better yet, the first placed team used their winnings to treat everyone to all the beer that they could handle at Rex's Den. Allison got very wasted and knew this was the life. Zee knew that he had to be the designated driver and drove her home. She was a bit disappointed they couldn't stay longer but it wasn't like there was going to be another night of 'The Freakin Lolas' performing. She could just jam to music at home while she was still drunk. Thank goodness this wasn't a hectic, demanding semester.

Chapter 6

It was the end of the best semester that she ever had. Allison decided just to take her final year in the downtown campus to get away from the partying, knowing that it was all behind her. No more bird course semesters for her. Might as well get a head start by taking a course in the summer. The commute wasn't the best but at least she knew the Yonge and Dundas intersection enough to use it as her study grounds when she wasn't on campus. On one of those days, she was at the Eaton Center mall and saw two benches, backs against each other. She sat down on one of them to rest her legs after a long, crowded subway ride where she had to stand. She looked around and saw familiar ginger hair on the person sitting on the bench behind her. Before Allison could get a closer look, the person got up and ran out the mall entrance. Was her mind playing tricks on her?

Allison already got all the rest she needed and decided to see where this mysterious ginger haired person was headed. It was a crowded street, as per usual, but she was persistent and chased him. All those activities at the Aquatics Center paid off for her stamina. He ran north along Yonge Street a bit and took a right into the Zanzibar strip club. It was normally very quiet during the day so she decided just to go in and study there, if nothing else came of this chase. She didn't see the guy anywhere and assumed he must have just gone in to use the washroom. Although, why this place particularly? She sat at a small table and took out her binder full of notes from lecture. After half an hour of reading, she heard music and the guy was right there, standing in trunks on the stage. She saw his face clearly and it was indeed Joe.

12