The Only Exception Ch. 04

Story Info
Wise men say, only fools rush in…
14.2k words
4.95
3.7k
4

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 02/20/2024
Created 09/04/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello my beautiful readers,

I know I've been gone for a while. Long story short, someone very close to me passed away and I found writing to be difficult. Please don't expect chapters to be written quickly but I promise that I will never abandon my stories and I will try hard to have them all finished this year. So for those that are willing to wait on me, thank you! And thank you so much for the continued comments. They really cheer me up.

I hope ya'll like this chapter <3

***********

Ben's Pov:

A soft knock sounded on my bedroom door followed by the predictably gentle words, "Darling, can we talk?"

I felt my wolf curl in on itself, ashamed of me for the speech of disappointment I was sure to receive. Nobody was happy with me at the moment, for they all felt that I was giving up too easily on finding an alpha mate but father made them hold their tongues about it last night. Of course, that would never stop my mother from prying.

"Come in momma," I replied just as softly, trying my hardest to keep a tight hold on my emotions.

My mother let herself in and sat down on the bed next to me as she ran her hand against my back in a comforting way, filling the air with her light scent in an effort to soothe me, though it did not work this time.

"About last night," she started gently.

"I'm old enough to make up my own mind." I interrupted, just managing to keep my tone in check.

"Technically that's true but sweetheart, I think you're making a big mistake. I mean, think about it, really think. You'll be so unhappy alone. Besides, you work so hard to please. You're always trying to be what everyone needs, in the sweetest way of course, but what about what you need? Your can't live like this forever. I know you and you're one of the neediest omegas I've ever met. I know you try hard to bury it down but it's obvious to everyone. You need an alpha, you know you do. Omegas in general are not meant to be on their own but especially not an omega like you. I don't want you to suffer all your life."

I flushed, hating myself just a little for the reminder of how I begged for Adam last night. She was right. I'd always chased dominance, even if no alpha wanted me back in the same way that I wanted them. I couldn't help it.

"I'll be fine," I argued pitifully, barely believing the words myself. Just the idea of growing old without a mate made me want to cry but I refused to show such weakness in front of my mother.

"Benjamin, be reasonable! You could have your final heat any time now! Don't you think you should at least try to keep looking until your body changes for good? Can't you please try for a few more months? I know last night your options were... limited but I talked to Queen Emma this morning and she has assured me that she will reach out to the furthest packs she knows of to find you a worthy mate. Plus, I know your siblings are on the lookout as well. Gabe especially is going out of his way to-"

"Please stop," I hissed, fighting the instinct to howl in pain at her words. It made me feel so small and pathetic to think of my queen and siblings begging an alpha to take me. "Momma there is no one else. No one wants a broken omega," I informed her, hoping she'd finally drop it.

"Now that's not true!" She scolded gently. "What about our young prince? He's been through... much more than you and his mate still wants him."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes, "They were always meant to be together. They were paired when the prince was born. Once the rogue figured it out, of course he went and claimed his omega. It's only natural. You know that and I know that. Just as we both know that I don't have anyone that will claim me. And anyways.. I imagine that even if I did somehow find my true match, he wouldn't want me either. Not anymore."

"Oh sweetheart, don't talk like that. I'm sure someone will-"

"No, no! Enough. Just leave it!" I snarled, shaking her hand off my back.

"Benjamin... it hurts me to see you this way. I just want to help. Please don't give up," she pleaded but, thankfully, she kept her hand away and the air clear of her scent.

I shrugged while my omega whimpered over the idea that our life was hurting our mother. "It's my fault anyways. I'm the one who wanted to go to that school," I offered, wanting to make her feel better.

"You were a child! We should have never allowed it," my mother disagreed, her tone darkening considerably with venom. "Those humans-"

"What's done is done and I don't blame you at all." I rushed to say, hating that I'd upset her more. I looked away so that I didn't have to see her sad expression and stared off blankly at the clock for a few moments before realizing how late in the day it was.

"Shit. I'm gonna be late for work," I groaned, rolling over to find my uniform.

"Are you going out after," she asked casually, without quite looking at me.

"I was planning on it but... do you want me to stay home?" I asked quietly, nearly holding my breath. I really didn't want to resort to sneaking out of my own home just to see my Master. Well, anymore than I already was, but at the same time, I couldn't handle the thought of upsetting my mother even more than I already had.

"It's fine. Go have fun with your friends. You deserve it after last night's disappointment," she assured me. "It's just... you never tell me anything anymore and I hate waking up to find your bed empty."

"I'm sorry momma. Really. I know I haven't been around lately. I'll try to be better about that but... not tonight." I answered with a small kiss to her cheek.

"Alright my sweet boy. Just, try to be more careful, okay? I don't know what kind of shenanigans you omegas get up to but I don't like seeing you come home with bruises." Then she smiled and pressed her forehead against mine, allowing us to scent each other for a moment before she pulled away, leaving me to blush furiously when it dawned on me that she'd noticed my Master's handiwork.

********

I had a couple couple hours left of my shift when I recognized two very familiar faces headed towards my section. I felt the heat of humiliation run through my body when the smaller of the pair glared coldly at me, while the larger only offered me a sheepish, polite but embarrassed half smile that quickly disappeared with a glare from his mate.

"Good afternoon my prince. Can I help you with anything?" I asked politely with a small bow.

The omega continued to glare but didn't speak so I helplessly turned to his alpha, "O-oranges, like normal Cain?" I asked with an audible gulp, though it wasn't the alpha that I was afraid of.

"Yes that's-"

"Wait. You see him all the time?" Prince Fae interrupted his alpha with an angry little growl.

"Not intentionally pup. There's nothing to be worried about. The omega is just doing his job."

"Well. WE don't like oranges," Prince Fae loudly announced to me, arms pointedly wrapped around his small belly bump in a show of possession over the alpha and their future child.

I tried to smile politely even as my wolf whimpered over the perceived rejection. "I can get you something else. I've heard mangos can be really good for pregnancy," I offered timidly.

"What would you know about pregnancy?" The prince hissed with a judgmental scowl.

"I-I don't personally.. but my mother-," I stuttered to explain as I flushed; wondering if he somehow knew about my condition and was using that hurt me.

"You know what? I can serve myself. You don't have to put your hands on anything," the prince interrupted coldly, shoving past me to walk past the mango's in favor of bananas.

"As you wish, my prince," I murmured with my head bowed low as my fingers nervously picked at the bandages on my hands from the night before.

Cain mouthed an apology when his mate wasn't looking but otherwise followed quietly behind his angry omega.

It was official. Prince Fae hated my guts.

I felt my eyes sting with unshed tears but I blinked for a moment and counted to myself so that by the time the another customer arrived, I was back to wearing my cheerful, smiling mask.

Despite my cheerful demeanor, I began to feel so low about myself that I decided to clock out of work early. Something I never did, even when the store was dead, but right now I just couldn't take another second of faking my smile. I was in agony and I desperately craved a scene with my Master. I'd been publicly shamed and rejected by my prince; sure it was only in front of humans but that still counted to me. Prince Fae didn't want my help. He didn't even want me to touch anything he touched. Not to mention, I just stood there stuttering like some kind of idiot. I was horrible at pleasing my prince. He had no use for me, no way I could serve, and I deserved to be punished for it.

Unfortunately, I was sure that wasn't on the menu for me tonight. I was supposed to be going on a date. I'd promised my Master and he seemed so into the idea of me keeping my clothes on, that I knew I couldn't ask for what I needed. It would be too selfish of me. I'd nearly lost my Master with how selfish I'd been and I wasn't willing to risk doing anything that could make me lose him again by turning this night into business as usual. I refused to disappoint him like that. Especially when I'd already disappointed everyone else.

Not to mention, he was sure to abandon me one day anyways. He'd eventually get tired of being my dirty little secret and when I could never commit, he'd probably find a human husband and forget all about me. So no, I wouldn't ruin tonight. I wanted him to think well of me, just as much as I wanted to enjoy a night of being pursued. I barely ever got to feel that way and I probably wouldn't get the change again. I couldn't bare to ruin it. I'd just have to find a way to bare his presence without turning into useless, needy pain slut, as difficult as that would be for me.

I grabbed my backpack and made my way to the store's public restroom to change for my date. I'd bought another new shirt, though this one wasn't as nice as the one I'd worn last night. Still, it did match my eyes so I hoped Adam would find me attractive in it and... not a mess. I quickly changed and then critically studied my reflection in the mirror. I sighed, hating that I didn't look half as good as I had before the milkshake incident last night. I was especially annoyed that my blue dress shirt had several creases in it due to being folded in my bag but there was nothing I could do. I hadn't wanted to go home before my date because I just knew Liliana would spy on me again and word would get around that I was dressing up for someone or something. No. It was better this way.. but I still hated that I couldn't put my best foot forward.

Once I was satisfied that my reflection was as good as it was going to get, I left the store, carefully avoiding the prince and his alpha who were on their way out as well, and made my way towards the diner. I didn't have the car with me today but I didn't mind the walk. Being out in the fresh air was the only thing, besides scenes with my Master, that gave me peace. I spent the entire walk tuning out my thoughts and the sounds around me without noticing my speed. By the time I reached the back door of the diner, I was panting, my heart was pounding wildly in my chest and my shirt was damp with sweat.

Shit! I hadn't meant to run. I had only meant to follow my instincts but now I'd gone and made a mess of myself once more. This wasn't a good sign. I was hopeless and I'd probably ruin the date somehow. I nervously fiddled with my collar as I paced in front of the door, waiting for it to open, before realizing that I should check my phone to see what time it was. I groaned in frustration when I realized that I was half an hour early for my date and I wasn't even sure if I should go inside to wait. I stepped forward to open the door myself but then I bit my lip, hesitating. What if Adam didn't want anyone to see me waiting for him in the diner? I wanted us to be a secret.. maybe he felt the same way and if that was the case then, maybe I should just wait out here? But.. how? I never had to think about contacting my Master before. I simply called the scheduler at the dungeon to set up a time to come in. If the meet was a last minute emergency and I had to wait for him, I usually knelt outside his room until my Master was ready for me. However, tonight was different. It was a date and I was technically out in public.

Do it. Kneel, my wolf encouraged, tempting me. You know you need to. Besides, alpha made you beg for him last night. Maybe you should do it again. Don't you want alpha to be happy with you?

"But we're outside and there's still daylight and he didn't like me kneeling when I was inside. What if this makes him angry?" I protested while my knees buckled, betraying me.

Just do it. Alpha will like it. My wolf insisted.

"He's not an alpha," I reminded my wolf, even as I succumbed to his idea and sank down to the pavement. Hopefully, nobody else would see me here. I really didn't want to cause any trouble; I just wanted my Master.

*******

Adam's Pov:

Someone pounded on my bedroom door and I looked up from hanging lights for my date with the Benny in annoyance. I'd taken the entire night off, which Drea was sure to tease me about when I asked her to take on a few of my regular clients who still wanted to be seen by someone, despite my absence. Then I spent the afternoon cleaning and getting everything ready for Benny's arrival. I was just finishing up when the series of knocks sounded again, forcing me to stop so I could answer the door but was surprised by the face I saw on the other side.

"Eric? What's up? I'm kinda in the middle of something," I addressed the busboy.

"Yea.. um. Sorry, I know you're busy but there's an issue that the boss wants you to take care of."

"What's my mom want?" I asked, confused. She knew I had plans soon. In fact, I was expecting Benny to arrive at any moment, as it was already 6:15.

"I want you to remove the young man that is currently on his knees outside my restaurant. Make him come inside or send him away, I don't care, but fix it. He refuses to move for anyone and has asked for you." My mother informed me herself as she walked out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on her apron. "You know I don't like people hanging out back there. Shouldn't you have told this to your... date?" She asked as she studied me with a glare that was half serious and half teasing.

Shit. I should have known Benny would do something like that. He didn't know any other way to wait for me that wasn't kneeling but still... I thought I'd warned him about acting like a submissive here, of all places. Or.. maybe he needed a punishment?

"I'll take care of him," I assured her.

"I'm sure. Just be quiet about it, will you? I'm trying to run a business here," she lightly scolded, before shoving me in the direction of the back door.

I carefully opened it, not wanting to scare Benny with any sudden movements, and stared at the pitiful sight before me. No wonder he'd attracted so much attention. The omega was on his knees with his forehead pressed all the way to the ground with his hands behind his back. Not a sight you'd typically see around my mom's place. Instantly I knew, by how low he was kneeling, that something wasn't right. I walked up next to him but did not announce who I was. He didn't look up, though I did notice how his body trembled.

"Please don't call the police," a weak voice begged. "I'll leave if Adam doesn't want to see me. I just thought we had-I-I'm sorry for causing any trouble." Still, the omega did not look up to see who he was speaking with so I knelt down and placed a comforting hand on his head.

"What's wrong Benny?" I asked softly as I raked my fingers through his shiny blonde hair.

"Master?" The boy questioned without looking up but his posture did relax a bit.

"Yes baby, it's me. Tell me what's got you so upset."

"The other man... he said he'd call the police if I didn't leave. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to become a problem. I just.. I got here too early and I didn't know what else to do."

"How early?" I asked as I continued to play with his hair.

"I've been here since about 5:30," he answered softly, sounding calmer, though his body was just as tense as ever.

"You've been kneeling here for forty-five minutes?!" I scolded without meaning to. "Why didn't you come into the dining area and ask for me? No wonder Eric wanted to call the cops. Don't you know how strange it is to act like this outside of the dungeon?"

I felt bad when the boy stiffened beneath my touch even further. I hadn't meant to upset him more but Benny being here, behaving like this, was sure to bring me questions. Especially if anyone remembered him from the night before. It didn't matter how sexy I thought it was that he'd waited like this. The fact of it was, he couldn't behave this way if he wanted to maintain his privacy. Then, before I could say anything more, and to my utter astonishment, Benny slowly pulled himself out of his submissive posture without having to be ordered. It looked difficult for him, painful even, and I felt even worse when I finally saw his face and the tears that were streaming down his rosy cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Ma-a-Adam," he stuttered before biting his lip and wrapping his arms around himself as if he were cold. "Do you want me to go home?"

I internally scolded myself for not taking better care of my submissive. Yes, this was a date but that didn't change his nature. I should have waited outside for him myself. I should have known he was too submissive to simply walk in on his own, without my permission, especially after last night. And anyways, he didn't need to be sorry. I secretly loved that he'd waited for me in public like that. He was truly the best sub ever and I would reward him for it. He was clearly asking for a scene through his behavior and that was fine with me. I placed my hand on the back of his neck and held it tight in my grip, then I leaned in close to whisper into my submissive's ear.

"Absolutely not. You're not going anywhere without me. You're mine for the next several hours. Got that?"

"Yes Sir. Thank you," Benny murmured adorably.

"Do you need a scene baby boy?" I softly growled, smiling to myself when his cheeks darkened in color and his pants tented slightly.

"Mmm yesss," he hissed, then he blinked and seemed to come back to himself, "Wait! No! No. This is supposed to be a date, isn't it? None of that other stuff is allowed here. I promised I'd keep my clothes on. I.. I don't know why I... You're right, it was strange and.. stupid. Let's just go inside. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you," he hurriedly muttered as he tried to inconspicuously scrub his tears away with the sleeve of his shirt.

Well. This simply wouldn't do. I knew what my little sub needed from me, date or not, so I decided to push him into admitting it.

"Come on Benny," I purred into his ear. "Where's my little slut? I know you need me."

"N-no, I-" he tried to protest but his breathy whimpers told a different story.

"Did I or did I not see you kneeling so perfectly for me, in public, making a show of it? And for such a long time too. I bet your knees are so sore but you can take more, can't you? I know you can. You're such a good boy. Would you like them to be bruised? I can make that happen for you," I teased, doing my best to wind him up.

"A-Adam I-" he stuttered as I grabbed his wrists and held them above his head and pressed my thigh between his legs. Though my grip was loose, he didn't even try to break free.

"Is that really how you want to address me right now?" I asked mockingly as I pressed a soft kiss to his forehead.

"Master?" The boy gasped as he melted before me.

"That's right, I am your Master and don't you forget it," I reminded him as I pushed him up against the wall, kissing him possessively.