The People Makers Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What?"

"We'd be an excellent genetic combination." She gave him a warm smile. "I feel so sure we could produce a durable human race together."

"Forget it!" said Taylor.

"But Captain-"

"Forget it," said Taylor. "I'm not going to whore myself out to you or anyone on this flying stud farm!"

"There is another alternative," said Frog, speaking for the first time.

"And what is that?"

"For you to mate with your companion, Sophie Astor."

Taylor looked startled.

"You seem to have an affinity for each other," said Frog.

"We're colleagues. Friends." He looked at Sophie. "Good friends."

"Then perhaps it would be easier to partner with her. My associates would be most interested in seeing a genetic pairing between you, Captain Michael Taylor, and you, Commander Sophie Astor."

"I'm sure you would," said Taylor. "But we are not going to cooperate to create a race of slaves for you to rule."

"We are not interested in slaves," said Frog. "This is all about saving the human race."

"I have an ability you don't know about," said Taylor. "It's called screaning. I can sense things that other people can't. And one of the things I can sense is lies. Your body turns red in my eyes when you talk, Frog. Why is that?"

"This screaning sounds like an interesting ability. One which would be useful to pass down to succeeding generations," said Frog. "Aren't you interested in extending the history of mankind?"

"Not for you."

He turned to go.

"Think about it," said Shelly. "If you really want your friend back, we aren't really asking for much."

********

They were in Taylor's quarters. He and Sophie exchanged long looks.

"Why are they doing this?" Taylor asked.

"Assuming their premise is false, that the Earth is not destroyed, we are not 500 years in the future, and this is not another galaxy-"

"All of which is true," said Taylor.

"All of which we believe to be true," said Sophie, looking at him with dark eyes. She was, after all, a Passive Observer. She was very careful not to cross the line between observations and conclusions.

"Assuming we are correct, it would seem these aliens are engaged in a breeding program to create their own race of human beings," said Sophie. "But why should they want to?"

"Exactly my thought," said Taylor. "In the old science fiction novels of several hundred years ago, aliens used humans for slave labor. But even that kind of fiction is unrealistic in the present because of advances in robotics. Robotics could do the work of humans much more cheaply and efficiently. Unless...." He paused. "Unless they were breeding humans for food."

"For food?" said Sophie.

"Perhaps people are what they eat." Taylor considered and shook his head. "No, that makes no sense. They aren't just breeding humans, they are specifically breeding ones whose descendants will have certain social and intellectual traits in distant future. There would be no need for that if they are breeding them for food."

"Perhaps they're breeding them to fight, to make a race of warriors?"

"Maybe," said Taylor. "But I had a talk with some of the men of the criteria they use for a successful society. Some of the measures of success are Art, Community, and Emotional Self-Awareness. Why would aliens breeding an army of soldiers care about any of these things?"

Sophie considered."Maybe they are breeding a race of people to colonize planets for them, to build societies... no, that would make no sense either." She sighed. "Or maybe they just aesthetically like the idea of having human servants, human slaves."

"These aliens have technology far in advance of our own. They could make very humanoid looking robots for much less effort if they wanted to," said Taylor. He shook his head. "No, they need humans for something, but I just don't know what."

"What are we going to do about it?" Sophie asked.

"I don't know."

"What are we going to do about Tessa?" Sophie asked. "Would you reconsider their offer?"

"To have sex with Shelly?" said Taylor. "Or... with you?"

Sophie swallowed heavily. "It wouldn't just be sex. From what I am told, it would be sex and partnering. Our genes would be combined to create a whole new human race."

"A slave race."

"It would free your lover," said Sophie.

"You would do it?" Taylor asked. "Your love for Tessa is that great?" He gave her a sarcastic smile.

"I know your love for her is," said Sophie. "I would do it for you, Michael."

His smile turned bittersweet. Sophie was supposed to be a Passive Observer but right now he screaned the self-interest oozing all over her.

She stared at him intently as she approached him. She wrapped her arms around him. He didn't pull back. She kissed him gently, creating a tingling in his body.

"We could do it, Michael," she stared into his eyes. "All we have to do is what we've always done. One little act and we can free your lover."

Taylor swallowed heavily, his heart pounding. How Sophie's body excited him! "I.... I appreciate your offer, Sophie. But... the price is too high. We will have to think of another way."

*********

The next morning Taylor and Sophie walked into Bermuda for breakfast when they saw Tessa sitting on Craig Cobin's lap chatting amiably. Craig had his arm around her and Tessa didn't seem to mind.

"And she said, 'But I'm a vegetarian'," said Craig. "And I told her, 'Babe, I have just the cockmeat which will change your mind."

Tessa cackled hysterically.

What was going on here?

Taylor rushed over to her.

"Tessa!" he cried.

"Michael," she smiled at him. "How have you been?"

How have I been? That wasn't the reaction Taylor expected from his long lost love. He had been crazy worried for her, but she hardly seemed to feel the same for him.

His face must have shown his disappointment because she patted Craig on the back and said, "Excuse me, Honey. We'll talk more later."

We'll talk more later?

"You know him?" Craig asked her incredulously.

"Um hm," said Tessa. She got up and approached him slowly, with a determined look on her face. She looked as beautiful as Taylor remembered. Her hair was white now like his but her face was the same. The bulge in her belly was bigger now, the bulge of his unborn child within her. How much time had passed?

She wrapped her arms around him and kissed him passionately. All doubts fled as he felt her warm body against his. He was acutely aware of her distended belly pressing against him.

"Are you all right?" She nodded. "The baby?"

"Never better," she said. "They told me you were here. I was waiting for you when you came in."

Waiting for me. Waiting for me instead of looking for me. Waiting for me on Craig Cobin's lap.

Those thoughts went through his mind in an instant. He tried not to show his irritation.

Tessa looked passed him. "Sophie! You're here too."

"No. I am a holographic simulation," said Sophie woodenly.

"My compliments to the Federationistas. They captured your surliness perfectly." She smiled and winked to take some of the sting out of it. "Michael, is there a place where we can talk?"

********

They talked about it, all of it, the three of them together over breakfast in Bermuda. Taylor found out something which startled him to the core.

Tessa believed the story spun by the Federationistas. All of it.

"They saved us, Michael," said Tessa.

"No, they didn't," said Taylor. "The Earth wasn't destroyed by Man Made Temperature Change."

"Yes it was," said Tessa. "The World Government has been telling us for years how Man Made Temperature Change has been destroying the planet."

"Pure propaganda, to justify their environmental taxes and WG control-"

"No, Michael!" said Tessa. "I've seen the scientific papers, listened to the symposia. Did you know that over 99% of climate scientists agreed that MMTC was destroying the planet? How could 99% of climate scientists possibly be wrong?"

They could be wrong if the 99% figure itself was fabricated... they could be wrong if these same scientists relied on WG funding to produce desired results..... But Taylor felt himself tongue tied in the face of his lover's assertiveness. He didn't want to get into a fight over politics, not with her.

"Even if you believe that, what about the colony planets?" said Taylor. "How were they destroyed?"

Tessa sighed. "The heat generated by all our factories and industries traveled through subspace vents to our colony planets and destroyed them as well. It was a chain reaction."

Subspace vents?

Taylor didn't want to argue with her but this nonsense was too much, even for him. "Why would subspace vents, whatever those are, directly connect Earth to our colony planets?" Taylor asked.

Tessa sighed again. "Michael, I'm not an expert, I can't explain it to you. Leave it to the experts! They are the ones who know."

"The experts here being the Federationistas, right?" said Taylor.

"Michael, Honey, they saved us! They saved us, brought us here, set up this infrastructure at enormous time and expense and are working to restart the human race. What more could you ask of them?"

"The truth, for one thing," said Taylor. "This isn't another galaxy, and we aren't 500 years in the future."

She gave him a daring look. "Are you sure of that, Honey? Really sure of it?" She turned to Sophie. "Sophie, you're proud to be a Passive Observer, aren't you?"

"Pride doesn't enter into it."

"Of course not," said Tessa. "But you only report what you see, you don't make conclusions that aren't there, correct?"

"Correct."

"Tell me, what do you see around you?"

Sophie looked around slowly. "I see... bushes. Jungle. A beach. They have the hallmark of holographic quality, though of a superior technology to our own."

"In a broader sense, what is our situation?"

"We... we are on a Space Station. A Space Station with human beings taken from the planet Earth. It is run by aliens who claim that humanity has been wiped out. They also claim we are 500 years in the future in another galaxy."

"And have you seen any visual evidence with your own eyes which would contradict this?"

Sophie paused, feeling Taylor's eyes on her. "No," she said reluctantly.

"So, as a Passive Observer, can you definitively say that the Federationista's claims are untrue?'

"No," Sophie repeated. "But intellectually I find them highly unlikely."

"And I screaned that they are lying," said Taylor.

"Honey, Honey, Honey!" she hugged him tightly. "I've heard your story about how aliens from the distant future gave you this amazing ability. I sweated it out of you during one of our amazing confessional sex sessions, remember? But... that's not the end-all of things. I have good senses too and trust me when I say, these people mean us nothing but good. They have our real well-being at heart, I can tell. Much like the World Government."

Much like the World Government.

Those five words exposed the tremendous gap between Taylor and Tessa. They had rarely discussed politics during their heated, passionate romance. Taylor somehow knew that Tessa felt different than he did and didn't want to explore a possible schism. But there it was.

As a member of the Diplomatic Corps, Tessa was a full fledged employee of the World Government, a loyal and supporting member of the massive bureaucracy. She had been taught in school to believe in the World Government, and she did; all the media she absorbed reinforced that belief; everyone she associated with agreed with her, and so it was only natural that she would want to enter into service for the World Government when the time came. Members of the Survey Service were different; although the World Government indirectly supported the Service, it wasn't as directly answerable to that central body as other arms of the bureaucracy were, and members of the Service by their very nature tended to be more skeptical of the WG's goals and tendencies.

And so then perhaps it was only natural to expect Tessa to swallow the Federationistas' story hook, line, and sinker, as the Federationistas could simply be viewed as a new incarnation of the World Government, a strong, powerful centralized authority controlling others, ostensibly to create beneficial outcomes.

It only took a half second for Taylor and Sophie to exchange glances to communicate these facts and that was all the time that was needed. They knew each other so well.

********

They both stood outside the orange door, the one door they could not enter. "This is the way out," said Sophie.

"Yes," said Taylor. He studied the control panel, tried pressing some buttons. Nothing happened.

"We don't have the access codes," said Sophie. "We don't have the tools to cut the door open." She studied the control panel, tapped some buttons. "It doesn't even seem to be responsive. Perhaps it's activated another way."

"In other words, we're stuck here until we figure out a way to get past this door," said Taylor. He frowned, considering. "Or maybe around it. Have you seen any air vents?"

"No."

"Airlocks?"

Sophie shook her head.

Taylor took a deep breath. "Let me give this some thought."

********

At breakfast the following morning, Taylor noticed that Tessa was talking with Gavin Ansom.

Flirting was more like it, from the way she was smiling, laughing, and even touching his elbow. He watched the two talking as he felt a slow burn rising within him.

"Trouble, Captain?" Sophie asked, appearing at his side.

"Tessa seems to be friendly with the locals," said Taylor.

"Too friendly?" Sophie asked, biting down on a piece of toast.

"I hope not," said Taylor.

"You know, I've seen this before. We both have," said Sophie.

"I know," said Taylor.

"On New Eden," said Sophie. "You and I and Lieutenant Sean Parnell and Ensign Jennifer Titatchi were stranded there. The locals, the plant people, were so friendly, so very friendly."

"I remember," said Taylor.

"They seduced us," said Sophie. She touched his arm. "They fucked us. They turned us into them."

"I remember that too," said Taylor.

"And now it's happening all over again," said Sophie. She bit her lip. "She's carrying your child. Doesn't she have any sense of self-restraint?"

"Tessa just thinks she's being friendly," said Taylor.

"And what do you think, Captain?"

Taylor gave no response.

********

Taylor sat and watched stonily as Tessa talked with various men during the day in the Algeria lounge. She smiled, laughed, and had vivid conversations. She talked to the women too.

When they met up for dinner Taylor said, "Did you have a nice day?"

"I did," said Tessa. She looked at him. "But that's not what you mean, is it? I can tell just by a glance at your disapproving face. I know you so well, Michael. What did I do now that makes you so unhappy?"

"You... and the other men," said Taylor grudgingly.

"What did I do, Michael? Tell me." She wrapped her arms around him. She had the most beautiful eyes. "Did I fuck them, Michael? Did I fuck each and every one of them right in front of you?"

"You...." It was so hard to put into words!

"I talked to them, Michael," she said. "To find out what the situation was. I talked to the women too. I hope you won't accuse me of secretly wanting to fuck them as well." She gave a sly grin. "That's what I'm trained to do, Michael. I'm a diplomat. My role to get a room to open up and talk to me."

"And what did you find out?"

"That there are a lot of good, decent people trying their best to save the human race," said Tessa.

"Slaves on the flying stud farm," said Taylor.

"Yes," Tessa smiled at him. "As you would call it, slaves on the flying stud farm." She surprised him with a kiss. "Really Michael. That cold, suspicious Survey Service perspective is needed sometimes, I suppose. But that's why the big decisions are made by the World Government, by-"

"Diplomats like you-"

"-guided by experts in every field," said Tessa smugly. She put a hand on his chest. "You are a warrior. The Service needs warriors. But it also needs people in times of peace, too. Negotiators."

"Is that what you were doing on Craig Cobin's lap today? Negotiating?"

She laughed as she put a hand inside his jumpsuit. "Jealous?"

"Should I be?"

She stared at him coyly. "I don't know, Michael.... should you be?" Her lips were so red, so full.

And then they were kissing and hugging and Taylor didn't want to let go of her. Before long his jumpsuit was off, and he was helping her take hers off over her burgeoning belly. The belly containing his child. Taylor smiled as he rubbed the growing bump. He would do anything to ensure its safety.

He slowly and carefully inserted himself into her.

Tessa gasped appreciatively and Taylor smiled as he started poling in and out of her. He imagined the Federationistas were watching but so what? It had been so long since he had been inside his woman, too long....

As he moved in and out of her, he reveled in the familiarity, the strong bond of love both he and Tessa shared for each other. The fundamental disagreements they had were momentarily forgotten, lost in the whirlwind of emotional passion and physical pleasure. But as Taylor moved strongly in and out of his lover he realized her reactions were muted.

Of course, he realized. We don't have the bar here. Nor the whip.

"Tessa," he whispered. "Is there... is there anything I can do for you?" he asked, as he pounded into her.

She looked at his face with pure love and understanding. "You're doing it."

"But... you won't be able to come... will you?"

She paused. "No...." she said. "But it feels... it feels all right."

Taylor wanted his love to feel much more than all right.

She saw the intense desire etched on his face, the desire of one lover to bring the other off along with him. She said, "It might help if you slapped me."

"What?"

"Slap me. Go on, I won't bite."

Taylor tentatively tapped her cheek.

Tessa frowned. "What was that?" She grabbed his hand and made him slap her forcefully.

WACK!

"Ooooh!" said Tessa. "Yes, like that. More, Michael, more!"

And so Taylor started to slap his lover even as he plowed into her.

WACK! WACK! WACK!

His penis furiously pounded into her. Her cheeks were as red as his penis. He daren't do any more, for fear of leaving lingering marks. "Tessa... I'm going to come soon... and you?"

"I'm part of the way there," she gasped, her cheeks rosy red.

"Only part of the way?"

She nodded. "It might helped if you choked me."

"What?"

"Choke me!"

Taylor hesitantly put his hands around her throat.

"Harder! Harder, Michael!" She slapped his face. SLAP!

Taylor roared and choked his lover. Her face started to turn red and she gasped.

"Oh... oh... ohhhhh... OOOOOOOOH!" She gasped and stiffened as she cried out his name. Taylor stiffened as well as he felt his sperm flooding into her. He collapsed on top of her, grateful it was over.

After a moment he opened his eyes, and saw her smiling at him. "Are you all right?"

She grinned widely and kissed him. "Never better!"

********

Things continued as they were for several days. Taylor was happy to be back together with Tessa again and was also glad he found a way he could satisfy her. After sex on successive nights he found that merely putting grasping hands around her throat rather than actually cutting off her air was enough to sexually satisfy her, which relieved him greatly as he found the whole process quite uncomfortable. Still he was a little disturbed that his lover, the mother of his child, had such unusual desires.

The person who was most dissatisfied at this time, however, was Sophie. It wasn't just Taylor and Tessa who were having sex; it seemed most everyone around her was having sex, either for partnering purposes... or just because they could. She frowned inwardly as she sat at the woman's table and listened to Susan Shinn describe how Harold Ramis gave her a good hard boning in her vagina.