The Princess and The Commoner

Story Info
Love found, lost, and found again. His Princess is.
5.5k words
4.4
10.8k
33
34
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

COPYRIGHT © 2023 JKManess writing as SWMOHERMIT

Randy Herbert was bored to tears. He was ashamed to admit it, but unlike most students, he was much happier during the school term. He had a piddling summer job and got to see people, but like most young people, it was what they called scut work. His work was in the locally owned hardware store 20 hours a week. He stocked shelves, cleaned, moved parts from an incorrect to the correct location, and did scut work.

He admitted his parents weren't horrible, but they didn't allow him to run the streets like his friends. They allowed him to hang with his buds, but he believed he had less freedom than they did. Today, he was supposed to be home doing yard work, which he did, but at present, he was swimming and improving his tan at their backyard pool.

Randy's eyes were drifting closed, and sleep was upon him when a nearby noise interrupted his slow slide into sleep. He heard a car drive into the next-door driveway, and voices began chattering. Two young-sounding voices were coming from next door. One was female, and one was male. There were several older male voices and one older female voice from the sounds. In addition to the conversation, he heard the noise made by a large truck, then slamming doors and what appeared to be the sound of an overhead door rising.

Curious, Randy forced himself to move and walk through the yard gate beside his house to see what the commotion was. Yep, it was what he was sure he would find. The next-door house was again going to be occupied, this time by an absolute goddess near his age and her family. He also saw a younger boy moping around but paid him little attention since he couldn't take his eyes off the young lady. While he was watching, the men with the moving truck began unloading and carrying furniture and boxes into the house.

A time or two, the young lady would glance at him and smile. Once, she waved. Randy waved back and took a couple of steps closer. That seemed to break the ice, and the girl walked up to him with a smile. She stood proud in her tight top and tight little shorts. Randy felt his cock harden and leaned slightly forward in hopes the girl wouldn't notice it. The girl held out her hand and said in a sexy voice, "Hi, I'm Nat, well Natalie, but everyone calls me Nat. I assume you live over there," she said, pointing at Randy's home.

"Uh, yeah," Randy replied while shaking her proffered hand. "Yeah, I do. I'm Randy."

Randy blushed when Nat giggled and responded, "Well, I am too at times."

All Randy could do for a moment was contemplate an embarrassed withdrawal. He finally managed to blurt out, "NO. That's my name. Well, my name's Randolph's, but who wants to be called that? Sometimes I think my parents hated me from the day I was born."

Again, he got that musical so, so sexy giggle before the reply came, "Yeah, I know, right? I mean, there are so many better names out there, and I get named Natalie, and they call me Nat like an annoying little bug! Ugh.

Soon, embarrassment forgotten, the two teenagers were merrily chatting away, Randy filling Nat in on the locality, town, and school. After maybe ten minutes, Nat's mother walked over to the chatting couple and introduced herself, then turned to Nat and said, "It's good you've met someone your age already, dear, but I need you inside now to help unpack. You can get to know each other later after the work is done.

Randy said, "I'm sorry, Mrs. Regis. I should've known Nat had work to do. I'll go home and let you get back to work. If you need any help or if I can answer any questions about the neighborhood, let me know.

'Thank you, Randy, we will, but I'm afraid we've led you astray. My husband and I are Natalie's guardians. Our last name is Worthington if it matters."

"Sorry. I didn't know. I assumed you were her mother, so I used her last name. I'll know now." Randy looked at Nat again before he said, "If you get caught up, you're welcome to come over and chat or use our pool. It'll be good to have someone around to talk to."

Nat smiled and said, "Thanks, Randy," before following Mrs. Worthington into the house.

After they were inside, the two ladies sat on a couch. Mrs. Worthington said, "He seems to be a pleasant young man. What do you think about him?"

"He's nice and appears to be a sweetheart, but you surely do not expect me to decide after only a few minutes?"

"No, my dear, I do not, and I would be very disappointed if you did. I suggest you allow him to help you get accustomed to this place and our new neighborhood and see how things go. We have time. Not a lot of time, but we have time for you to decide. Now, we must begin to settle in here. I suggest you supervise upstairs while Gomez and I take care of things down here."

During the next three days, Randy saw Nat and her family occasionally but had no chance to talk to any of them. They would wave or yell a greeting to each other when they were close. On Friday of the first week Nat lived next door, she heard Randy outside and came to talk. Like usual on the days he was home, he was beside the pool soaking up rays when she first knocked on, then opened the gate into his backyard.

Nat stuck her head into the enclosure and said, "Randy! Is it ok if I come to visit for a short time?"

Randy looked up and smiled before he replied, "Of course it is. Do you want to swim? Go get your suit and join me if you do."

"Your parents wouldn't mind? I would like that if it would be ok."

After receiving his reassurance that his parents wouldn't mind if she swam in their pool, Nat hurried back to her home, changed, and returned. The young couple spent the remainder of the afternoon swimming, sunning, and talking about themselves and the area. One of the topics discussed was school and the various groups, or 'clicks' Nat would find when the school year began. Randy had already discovered he and Nat were the same age and would be Juniors that year. He was able to fill her in on many of their classmates.

Randy didn't know how to present his opinion on the different groups in the student body. He remained as nonjudgemental as possible while telling her about their fellow students.

During the conversation, Nat asked, "Do you play on any of the teams?"

"Yes and no. If you mean, do I play football or basketball, no, I don't. I'm a runner and do several events in the spring on the track team, run cross country, and play a little baseball, but I don't have much use for the other."

Randy and Nat had several classes together since their school was small and they were in the same grade. Nat found other friends, as you would expect, and integrated well into the female groups, becoming a cheerleader and one of the most beautiful people.

Since Randy didn't participate in one of the two main team sports (Football and basketball), he wasn't one of the inner crowd. He wasn't ignored either. He was considered a 'junior jock' because of his track and baseball. The first summer she lived next door, he and Nat dated occasionally, but during the next school year, they did not. She dated several boys but none for any length of time. Again during the following summer, she and Randy had a few dates, and he became even more smitten with her.

Senior year came, and Nat dated other boys, even branching out to date a couple from a neighboring town, to Randy's chagrin. During their Christmas break, however, Nat and Randy had three more dates, and something seemed to click finally. For the remainder of the school year, they dated exclusively. Randy was beginning to think about the L and M words (you know, love and marriage). He knew it was too soon, but he did think he loved Nat.

Randy and Nat went to homecoming together, then Senior Prom. By the Prom, the rest of the boys had given up on Nat. She always turned them down if they asked for a date. Like most seniors, if they hadn't already turned in their V card before prom, they did after. Randy and Nat turned 18 during the school year and decided the other was the one to give their virginity to.

Nat, a proper young lady, couldn't stay out the entire night and made that clear before they even went to the room he had reserved. He hated to pay for the night and only use it for a couple of hours, but Nat was worth it. Before, during, and after the act, Randy professed his love to Nat. Her eyes watered most of the time they were in the room together. Several times Randy asked if she was ok and what the problem was. Always, Nat replied, "I'm fine. I'm just so happy", or something similar.

It was approaching four a.m. when the young couple returned home. Randy parked his car in its usual spot and pulled Nat to him for another loooong kiss before he got out of the car, opened Nat's door, and helped her out.

On her front porch, they again engaged in a long series of kisses before she entered the house with tears running down her cheeks. Thankfully, Randy didn't see them.

Two days after official graduation, Randy's world ended. He was returning home from work when he saw a moving van loading furniture from Nat's home. He hurriedly parked and rushed to and into Nat's house, yelling for her as he did so. None of the family were there, only the movers.

While Randy was standing in the house, a burly man asked, "Are you Randy?"

Randy smiled through his fear and disappointment when he remembered his and Nat's meeting and the play on his name the day she moved in. He cleared the lump in his throat and croaked, "Yes. Why?"

"Young lady gave me this envelope for you. She said to give it to you if you got home before we left. Otherwise, I was supposed to put it in your mailbox.'

Randy took the envelope and walked back to his house. He went into the backyard and sat underneath a shade tree before he opened it and read:

"Dearest Randy:

I'm a coward. I think (marked out), no, I know you were about to ask me to marry you, and I wanted you to so badly. I love you, I do, but it is not time. We both need to grow up more and obtain a higher education. I have so much to learn and duties to my family and people that I cannot tell you about. I am so sorry, my love, but I must leave you. Hopefully, you can forgive me, and we can resume our romance in the future. Please remember me with fondness and be happy, my love. I'll return as soon as I can.

Until Later,

Nat."

Randy was sitting in the chair beside the pool when his parents returned home from work. He had cried until there were no more tears and sat staring into the distance, unaware of his surroundings when his mother found him.

When she entered the lightless house, Sylvia, his mother, was scared. She became much more worried when she saw her son alone at the pool, still dressed for work and staring into space. She hurried to his side and said, "Randy. What's the matter, sweetheart? Are you ok?"

Randy didn't even look at her. He just continued to stare into the distance with that thousand-yard gaze. Sylvia saw the paper clutched in Randy's hand and gently removed it. After his mother read the letter, she sat on the chair beside him and pulled him into her embrace before saying, "I'm so sorry, honey. You didn't know?"

Randy slowly shook his head and said, "No, I thought we were good. We planned on going to the same college, and now this."

"Come on inside, honey. Sitting out here and thinking about it won't help." Randy didn't resist when he felt his mother gently pull him to his feet and guide him inside.

Over the next two weeks, Randy slowly regained most of his old persona, but underneath, his friends and family could tell he was still deeply wounded by Nat's departure.

Finally, the summer ended, and Randy, with thousands of other young adults, began his college career. He attended the college he selected and took the classes he previously planned on, except for one. He enrolled in Navy ROTC after deciding to see the world since he wouldn't have Nat and a family to care for.

Four long years later, Randy graduated with a degree in Engineering and was commissioned an Ensign, USN. After his initial training, Ensign (ENS) Randolph Herbert reported aboard one of the largest ships in the fleet, the newest aircraft carrier, and began his duties. Randy excelled in his work, and his yearly evaluations were always at or near the top, but his peers and superiors knew him as a loner. He almost always refused to go anywhere with his peers if it was a social engagement. He did attend the 'mandatory' parties, for socialization is part and parcel of military life. One must know and interact with their compatriots.

Randy's term of obligated service was rapidly approaching its end, and he was contemplating whether to depart active duty or stay and make the sea his career. He liked his work and seeing foreign places (the few he could see since carriers stayed at sea for months, with few port calls), but he was lonesome. After all these years, he still missed Nat terribly and wanted so badly to fill the hole she left in his chest when she left.

Randy suspected his career wouldn't be highly successful because of his poor social skills and tendency to be rigid in following regulations rather than bending the rules at the whim of his superiors. He elected to return to civilian life. He departed his ship for the last time, full of sorrow and anticipation for the future.

Rather than return home and seek employment, Randy decided to use his saved funds and obtain a master's degree. He made a quick trip home to see his family, then, without unloading his truck, he made his way to graduate school. The following 18 months were filled with many late nights and much hard work, but he succeeded in obtaining his degree. His employment search had already borne fruit, and he planned to take a very lucrative offer. He had a master's in marine engineering and was hired by one of the largest shipbuilders in the country to work on new ship designs.

Randy was packing his belongings when someone knocked on his door. He thought about ignoring the knock, knowing his friends had already left campus, but finally decided to see who it was.

Randy was in a hurry and slightly out of sorts at having a guest, so he opened his door rapidly. He was just about to snarl a greeting when a barely seen female form slammed into him and began kissing him. He heard her crying but failed to see her well enough to know who it was. His first thought was that she had the wrong apartment, but then between kisses and tight hugs, he thought he recognized the voice.

Randy finally managed to grab the woman's arms and push her far enough away that he could see her. It was Nat! Through her tears, she said, "Oh, Randy! God, I've missed you so much. Do you still love me? Please say you do. Please.

"I came back as quickly as I could. I've had people following your career ever since I had to leave. I know I hurt you, but I couldn't help it. I had to go home, take care of business and get an education. Please say you still want me. Please."

Randy was speechless at first, but then his happiness was beginning to be overridden by his anger over her desertion. He snarled, "You left without a word, and now you want me to welcome you back just like that (snapping his fingers)? You hurt me; do you even know how much? I loved you and was going to ask you to marry me."

"I know, honey. I know. I wanted that more than anything in this world. I couldn't, not then. I had responsibilities."

"Responsibilities. Right. You were a high school girl. By the way, how did you ever find me? Did mom tell you?"

"NO. We've been watching you, my love."

"You've been watching me? Are you a spy or something? I won't betray my country, not for you or anyone else. Is that it? You want me now for what I can tell you about the Navy?"

"NO! I meant just what I said. My people have been keeping track of you to keep you safe for me. Oh, I'm screwing this all up. Honey, I've come for you now if you'll have me. Please, my love."

Randy turned away from Nat and walked to his couch, where he sat, staring at her. Some of what she'd said began to sink in. He replayed her conversation through his brain and asked, "Just what do you mean, Nat? You need to tell me more than you have so far."

Nat walked to the couch and sat beside Randy, grabbing and holding his hand as she did so. "This won't be easy, and I'm afraid you'll find much of it hard to believe. I'm what you might call an alien, Randy."

"That wouldn't have mattered to me, Nat. You must know that. I love you, and we could have worked it out. Is that why you left? Your visa's expired?"

"No, I mean I'm an alien to...". Her sentence was interrupted when the door flew open, and a young man Randy believed looked like her brother Aaron entered the room. He was in a white uniform with miles of gold braid on it. Behind him, Randy saw two other people dressed similarly. He was about to chastise him for barging into his room when Aaron said, "Nat, we have to go NOW. They've detected us. Their radar is much better than it was ten years ago. Come on. He either loves you and will come with you or not but we have to go!"

Randy just sat, speechless, beside Nat. All at once, she jumped to her feet and grabbed his hand, pulling him, trying to get him to stand up. She almost shouted, Please, Randy! Come with me now. I have so much to explain. I promise, after I explain, if you don't want anything else to do with me, I'll return you to your home. Please?"

Randy was indecisive. His Nat was back, but this was so strange. Who were the assholes in uniform, and where did she want him to go? Finally, without consciously deciding to go, he allowed her to lead him out of the room and to the roof of the six-story building. When they got outside, he stopped walking. A small craft was on the building, and two more white-clad people stood on either side of an open door.

Without a word, Nat led him to the craft and inside, where she seated them in two side by side very plush seats. She helped him buckle in while the remainder of the men took seats behind them. After they were all seated, the craft shot into the sky. It zoomed up and up until Randy saw the earth through the window.

After a small amount of maneuvering, Randy saw a large ship outside, as the smaller one he was on entered a docking bay. Several clunks and a hiss later, Nat unbuckled her belts, then Randy's, before she stood and said, "Come with me, please, Randy, and I'll give you a full explanation."

When they exited the small shuttle, as Randy began thinking of it, there were several white-uniformed people in lines on either side of the exit hatch. A heavily gold-bedecked older man stood at the foot of the ramp at attention. When Nat came into sight, he saluted and said, "Welcome aboard, Your Highness. Is this the man for whom you were searching?"

"Thank you, Captain. Yes, this is Randolph Herbert, my love and hopefully Prince Consort. Now, is my room stocked? If so, please ensure we are not bothered except for a dire emergency. I have much to discuss with Randy and apologies to make."

"Yes, Your Highness."

By this time, Randy was almost catatonic from shock. Nat said, "Come with me please, Randy, and I promise I'll explain everything.' Randy just stood looking out the nearby porthole at the Earth floating below. Finally, Nat gently reached out and took his hand, pulling him along with her. The farther they walked, the more luxurious the passageway became until they finally entered a beautiful, well-decorated room.

Nat led Randy to a couch and asked him to sit. After he was comfortable, she sat beside him and said, "Please let me explain before you ask questions. I'll try to cover everything you'll want to know."

"First, I love you. I chose you before I ever had to leave our house next to yours. That was my purpose on Earth, well, not Earth specifically. I had been traveling our Empire for several years, searching for a consort. We orbited the planets and did a genetic and psychological scan of all unmarried males of the proper age, looking for compatibility. After we found a candidate, I would meet them and get to know them to see if we were socially compatible. Some meetings were short. Yours was the longest and the last.

12