All Comments on 'The Quality of Her Tears'

by angiquesophie

Sort by:
  • 130 Comments (Page 2)
bigurnbigurnalmost 3 years ago

What a piece of crappy nonsense this was; as well as a waste of time in reading it...

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

A top-10, best, ever! Not enough words to describe the excellence of writing and depth of story-telling!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I stopped reading around the third page not because the story or writing was bad but because the characters weren't normal people. The way the author portrayed Carl and Mia it was obvious that they both have some serious mental and emotional issues and both should have been in therapy. It was never going to be a happy story.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

What a load of rubbish, scores 2/5.

If legion of our country loves it, l know it is shit, and so it proved to be. His taste is still in his arse.

angiquesophieangiquesophieover 2 years agoAuthor

This is quite interesting, Wargamer: about ten hours before you sent in your less than favoring comment,

you added the same story to favorites. Confusing to say the least, don't you agree?

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Your writing skills are far and above most of them here.

Your story on the other hand was as exciting as a colonoscopy. I know some of you love to listen (or in this case read) to yourself but this went about 7 pages longer than it needed to be. Calling it padded would be a serious understatement.

I found the characters rather flat and uninteresting and by the end you simply become every other writer here.

Good start, snorefest from page 2-11, and retread ending. Nothing new.

Dnvrdave58Dnvrdave58over 2 years ago

I read the whole story. I was hoping that in reading it I would find some redeeming value in the verbiage. Why or how could anyone treat a woman the way they treated her to create the animal that she turned into. And why we believe that a baby kicking your belly would change all of that programming? The ending was anticlamatic. Way to leave us hanging. I gave the story a one because it's so unbelievable. However, your writing skills are par excellence.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

you need an editor, so much bullshit thrown in for no good reason. so many lines in french with no translation provided.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Terrible, just terrible. I particularly hate reading Mia's perspective. Not worth the time I invested in reading this story. There was no emotion, just a cold rendering of fact, everything was muted.

Frank66Frank66almost 2 years ago

If you're into BDSM, sado-masochism, cruelty, torture, tearing off the wings of butterflies..... then this story is for you. I had thought literature was supposed to entertain, excite, interest, inspire- none of that here. Only doom and gloom and despair. No redeeming quality at all to it. Besides which, setting back women's lib 50 years, insinuating that women are just spineless whores, to be used and abused. But wait, you say, what about that baby coming along which changed her perspective on life? One small flower in the whole freakin' Sahara. No, this writer will never let Mia grow beyond her most base weaknesses. The next man she encounters in her life, no matter how disgusting, will be able to turn her immediately into the slut she is. Talent in writing should never be used in such a degrading way. Horrible story, with no reason to read any more from the writer.

nestorb30nestorb30almost 2 years ago

The most constipated story I have read in a long time,12 pages that could have been 2, 3 if I am feeling generous

davezqdavezqover 1 year ago

"Clear liquid trembled on the lower rims of her beautiful eyes – reflecting the candlelight. For a moment it clung to her painted lashes before sliding down her cheeks – leaving traces of gray."--That is excellent writing.

Bigguy731Bigguy731over 1 year ago

Well written but too dark and depressing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I sincerely suggest you get professional help.

davezqdavezqover 1 year ago

I dont like BDSM. To me it is a perversion and those who practice it should be counseled or imprisoned. But the writing itsel is excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What has been described here is NOT BDSM.

This is simply torture porn.

And I have news for anyone reading this.

The damage you would have to inflict as described by this author on the body of this character in order to break her? Would leave her neither attractive nor unscathed.

Months qnd months of neglect. Bad diet or no diet.. Little excercise. Repeated injections of drugs? Heroin. Meth. Stimulants. Uppers. Downers. Repeated sex in orgies and gang bangs? Use of toys. Extreme sexual penetrations?

After 6 to 10 months of this "training"? This character would barely exist as a functioning human being. Let alone as a sex goddess

Laughable. And that she'd be able to trick an educated and perceptive man into marriage and love for 4 to 5 years?

Utterly ridiculous.

Have you met a woman addict whose been using meth or heroin for 8 or 9 months? Did you find them to be world class beauties? Or emaciated STD infested whores covered in rashes and sores...missing 7 or 8 teeth and hair falling out?

Hahahahaha...only in Sophie's world do broken down heroin addicts actually look like Victoria Secrets models.

The story was a 12 page tedious read about a vapid stupid yet gorgeous woman who gets tricked by a French guy. Tricked and raped once (where she managed to escape) and return home. Lucky her, right? She managed to get away. Wrong.

Since home wasn't Paris and home and family was "safe" and boring...she decided to return to the same people who raped her before in France. And guess what happens? She gets raped again.

But not just raped. But gang raped. Drugged.. She is tortured. Beaten. Flogged. Tied up. Restrained. Tortured some more. Violated in the most extreme and perverse ways possible. Repeatedly raped. Drugged constantly. For months. Maybe a year or more. And through this process she was broken. Completely. And became a slave to the man she loved. Willing to do anything for him.

And...as a drug addicted and broken whore. She infiltrated polite and educated society. Convinced a bright and educated and intelligent man that she wasn't a broken down old whore with a dirty cunt full of STDs. She got him to marry her. Even tho she never loved him. She actually had little respect for him. Thought him pathetic. Tricked him into a world class art fraud. All for 4 to 5 years. And her husband and those around her...family...friends...coworkers...nobody suspected a thing. That she wasn't a broken, drug addled woman, without her own will. Just a really really dedicated slave with great acting skills.

Right. That's believable.

And this husband...after everything that happens...Sophie writes this story with the husband loving this character SO SO much that he's willing to forgive and forget it all. He's great with becoming the ultimate cuckold getting back with her and raising some bastard child that got fucked into this whore? She fucked so many men that it's all such a blur that she has zero idea who impregnated her. But that doesn't matter to our hero. He feels the bastard child kick one time through her belly...and we are supposed to believe that all is now forgiven. They'll be a happy family. And live happily ever after because he loves her. And because she has really changed. She isn't a slave/whore/liar/betrayer anymore.

Right. That's believable.

I can suspend disbelief only so much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

12 pages of psycho bullshit and no ending!…….. zero!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Stupid

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the worst ones I've read on here and just boring as all hell. Way too much background crap. It just starts to get Simi-interesting and its over, no resolution. A big waste of time. I'll try one more story from this author, but don't have much hope of them getting any better.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

wow that has to be one of the worst stories i have ever read lol

Rumpelstiltskin63Rumpelstiltskin6311 months ago

Fascinating and moving story, ignore the idiot comments

Darkie10Darkie108 months ago

Another good one.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I know how it ends because the writer foreshadows and sets up the ending with some clues you need to understand. An aggressive edit makes the events leading up to the ending stand out more and turns this wordy, sometimes rambling, and overly vague work into a classic. Hell, a classique, even.

angiquesophieangiquesophie3 months agoAuthor

Thanks for your interesting comment, anonymous reader. I am very curious about that edit,

always happy to see my work improving. So, please surprise me.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

An interesting woman's perspective.

fila4ufila4u3 months ago

unless Carl was just totally socially awkward that he was unable to have any real relations with any women there is zero chance an abused sex slave with nearly no education could pull off a convincing marriage to someone working in his circles of high priced paintings of the masters. They would never groom someone of her low intelligence to even try if millions were relying on her acting not to mention the gaping hole in her own personal history that would have made trust hard to come by regardless of her physical beauty

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducahabout 1 month ago

Slave gets a new master

I was immersed in this firmament of your construction and I was consistently impressed by your ability to take a simple subject such as shedding a tear and create poetry. The selection of such dark material to develop characters is understandable, the explicit detail not so much. I felt the urge to skim past some of those details in order to focus on the characters themselves. I struggled to reconcile Jean-Luc’s evident attachment to Mia with the torment he inflicted on her, and Mia’s revival by her baby’s kick was instability incarnate. Here’s to hope springing eternally.

The disparate timelines in Mia’s and Carl’s backstories was confusing until they reunited in France.

The storyline I thought was innovative, woven smoothly into this narrative. While an aggressive editor might pare the content considerably, I won’t complain about the length because I truly enjoy this style.

Crack on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Unfortunately I found it impossible to get any enjoyment from this overly long porridge.

The failure to address the evidence and communicate with his wife, and then cheat on her just made the MC unlikeable.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

My feelings, see Anonymous about 1 year ago,

Couldn’t have said it better.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userangiquesophie@angiquesophie
42 years ago I was born near Brussels, the Belgian capital. Since my 15th birthday I live in Amsterdam, where I own a small fashion atelier. We specialize in custom designed corsets and assessories that cater to the exclusive tastes of a wealthy, discreet clientele with a cert...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories