The Reality Engine Ch. 17

Story Info
Sexy happenings are afoot in a freshman dorm.
14.7k words
4.76
4.3k
6

Part 17 of the 19 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/08/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi!

Thank you for reading my story. A couple of points to know:

I don't like writing wank porn. I want to write full-fleshed stories with plot, character, drama, and tension. Events in this chapter pick up the morning after the events at the end of chapter 16.

I just want to take a moment to thank, from the bottom of my heart, every single one of you who reads this story. I hit over 100 subs with the last chapter, a number which, when I published chapter 1, I didn't think was possible for me to ever hit. I've been writing stories, as a hobby, for over 20 years now, but have never published my work before because I never thought anyone else would want to read it. To everyone who reads, comments, likes, votes, and subs, I appreciate it so much. To know people are reading what I write and enjoying it is what gives me the drive to finish this story and to write more chapters, despite how completely overloaded my work is at my day job right now. Thank you!

Thank you for taking the time, and please be sure to vote and offer any feedback you can. If you like what I do, offering feedback is the best thing you can do to help, there is nothing which aids a writer more than seeing the story through someone else's eyes.

-------

On Wednesday morning, at 7:30, in Frostbite Falls, Lory Cartwright was having breakfast at the lovely townhouse of her good friend, Professor Julia Klondike. Professor Klondike had it all; she was still young, at only 28 years of age. She was easy on the eyes, with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a killer body. She was a Professor of Molecular Biology at Frostbite Falls University, who had finished her PhD as one of the top prospects in the entire country and had quickly secured employment for herself as a professor on the strength of her doctoral thesis, and its groundbreaking research.

Lory had taken Professor Klondike's class the year before, and the two had become fast friends. Lory typically had breakfast at Professor Klondike's home at least once a week, if not more often.

"So, how is Marcy doing?" Lory asked. Marcy was Marcy Stevens, a 25-year old, tall brunette who was pursuing her PhD in statistics at Frostbite Falls University. Professor Klondike had met Marcy the year before when they had worked together to publish an article, and the two ladies had fallen madly in love with each other, and Marcy had moved in with Professor Klondike as her significant other.

"Busy as always, and it disappoints me how she doesn't have time for sex nearly as much anymore, but her doctoral thesis is reaching a critical point, and she's swamped with work," Professor Klondike said. "Poor thing left my bed this morning at 6 AM, to get to the school library right when it opened, so she could get some reading done before classes."

"Both of you are really dedicated," Lory said, with a smile. "If I know you, it's unlikely you'll be home tonight before 11. I'd say she gets her work ethic from you, but she was plenty dedicated enough before you two met, from what I'm told."

"Sometimes, I wish we could go away, far away, just the two of us," Professor Klondike said, with a sigh. "Career pressures are so difficult, and my clock is decidedly ticking."

"Well, you're a biology professor," Lory said, laughing. "If anyone would know about the ticking biological clock, it would be you!"

"It is the great conflict in a woman's life, but doubly so for a lesbian woman," Professor Klondike replied. "You know my views on this subject, even if you don't necessarily agree with them."

"Get a sperm donor, not a husband," Lory said, laughing again. "I can see where you're coming from, but I think I want to get married to a man someday. If you want to marry Marcy, well, I'll come to the wedding, since I'm not one to judge."

"It's your open-mindedness that I love about you, dear," Professor Klondike said. "I'm getting to be that age, you know. I want little ones before it's too late for me to have them, and I have been on the hunt for the perfect man to have them with. I loathe the idea of having sex with a man, but it must be done."

"What does Marcy think about that?" Lory asked, but Lory already knew what Marcy thought, and she had asked the question rhetorically to make sure Professor Klondike didn't do anything rash, like go out and get pregnant by some stranger.

"Marcy doesn't want to have children herself yet, not until her career is squared away, and she has job security, but she's perfectly alright with me having them," Professor Klondike said. "You know her, she's so supportive. She just wants to make sure we get the right man."

"So, any thoughts on that front?" Lory asked. "Given your advantages, I think finding a man to impregnate you won't be difficult, but what level of commitment do you want?"

"I want a man who is going to be in his children's lives, at least a little bit," Professor Klondike said. "I know that so long as Marcy and I are involved, there isn't really space for a third wheel, however, a man who is a good father figure is important. I don't expect him to be the dotting father, and to be involved every single day, but once in a while, if he could see to his children's needs, that would be sufficient."

"Do you have any candidates in mind?" Lory asked, smiling.

"As a matter of fact, I do, and I need your help," Professor Klondike replied.

"My help?" Lory asked. "Sure, if I can help you out, I'm willing to do it."

"Sometime ago, you told me about your friend, Scott Cooper," Professor Klondike said. "After hearing your thoughts on the matter, and how your relationship with him has evolved over the last month, I made it my business to look him up. He's perfect for what I require."

"Yeah he is," Lory said, with a smile. "I'm not sure he would do it, but if he would, he is perfect."

"You want him for yourself, don't you?" Professor Klondike asked, with a large smile.

"What?" Lory asked. "No, I mean, yes, I mean, well, I have a boyfriend."

"You know I think the world of Connor," Professor Klondike said. "He was your first love, one of your older brother's closest friends, and he's a kind, generous man, but, ever since he graduated from Frostbite Falls University and went to become a graduate student at Minnesota State, the long-distance nature of the relationship has been tough for you, hasn't it?"

"Tough for both of us," Lory said. "We still see each other most weekends, but it's just not the same. I know he's gotten offers from other women at his new school, and while he's turned them down thus far, he's a hell of a catch. It's only a matter of time before he succumbs to temptation."

"You might want to take a break from Connor, so that you can both explore other possibilities," Professor Klondike suggested. "If you two were meant to be, you'll find your way back to each other."

"So, how do you want me to help you with Scott?" Lory asked, trying to change the subject.

"Do you know what the Valkyrie Ball is?" Professor Klondike asked.

"I've heard the name, and it has a familiar ring to it, but I can't remember anything about it off the top of my head," Lory replied.

"It's the annual ball for the Frostbite Falls University Lesbian Alliance," Professor Klondike said. "It takes place every year on the first Tuesday night following Halloween, which is to say, it takes place this year in 6 days time. I think it would be the perfect place for you to introduce me to Scott."

"That sounds like it might be a bit hostile for Scott, going to a party filled with man-hating lesbians," Lory said, laughing.

"In general, men are forbidden from attending, but I have quite a bit of sway with the planning committee, and I do not foresee any issues with extending Scott an invitation, but only for Scott," Professor Klondike said.

"What about this party makes you think it's the perfect place to meet Scott?" Lory asked. "He might not be comfortable being the only guy in the room."

"I am an extremely busy person, and my research indicates that Scott is the perfect mate, but I don't want to hassle, and I don't have time to deal with cold feet or emotional baggage," Professor Klondike said. "I want him to think with the little head, make love to me, as unpleasant as that will be, put a little bundle of joy in my womb, and let us both get on with our lives. The more he thinks with the big head, the harder it will be to close the deal."

"You think the ball is the perfect place for him to think with the little head because he'd be the only guy in the room?" Lory asked.

"I think it's perfect because the ball's dress code is bottomless," Professor Klondike said. "Attendees are allowed to wear a shirt or blouse and shoes, but no skirt, pants or underwear. If he sees me half naked, while he's half naked, I am confident enough in my physical appearance that I do believe his little head will do all the thinking. Such is the nature of men."

"Huh?" Lory asked, shocked. "A bottomless, half-naked ball? That's actually a thing on campus?"

"It's age restricted," Professor Klondike said. "Freshman are not allowed to attend, because they lack the college experience to take the event seriously. The ball is a dating mixer for lesbians at both Frostbite Falls University and Wassamatta U to find that special someone, or just have a casual fling, and exposed genitals and midsection are mandated to encourage sexual experimentation which lead to stronger peer bonds. It's all based in hard science, my dear. I would not participate if it were otherwise."

"If I go to this ball, and bring Scott with me to introduce you two, would I also have to get half-naked?" Lory asked.

Professor Klondike had been dreading this question since the conversation had begun. She was highly intelligent, and knew that Lory was sexually attracted to Scott. So much was clear from the glowing way Lory always spoke of him. However, Lory had been raised in a highly religious community, where honoring one's commitment to a boyfriend or a girlfriend was considered sacred, and where people were taught to avoid temptation if at all possible. Lory didn't want to be undressed around Scott, or have him be undressed around her, for fear that she would give into temptation.

"I will ask about getting you an exemption so that you can wear a pair of panties to the ball, since I assume you would only stay long enough to introduce me to Scott, and then, you'd let me take things from there," Professor Klondike said.

Lory was still unsure what to do, but she didn't want to let down a friend in need. She decided a non-committal answer was best.

"Okay, please ask and let me know if I can do that," Lory said. "I'll think it over, and I'll talk it over with Scott tomorrow when I see him."

"Thank you, I appreciate that," Professor Klondike said.

"Can I ask you something? Why would men be allowed at a ball intended to help lesbian women meet partners and have casual sex?" Lory asked.

"Any man who comes is cordoned off to a specific room, and isn't allowed to enter most parts of the ball," Professor Klondike replied. "Every year, a small number of men are in attendance for exactly the reason why I want to invite Scott: they are invited by lesbian couples who want to find a man to have children with."

"Oh, I see," Lory said.

"Artificial semen hasn't been invented yet, so we live in a world where men are still necessary," Professor Klondike replied. "As such, any organization that seeks to improve the material position of lesbians must not ignore procreation in that attempt at improvement. Providing a safe place to engage in sexual intercourse with suitable men for the purposes of sexual reproduction is an essential service that the campus Lesbian Alliance provides."

"Well, that should help me sell it to Scott," Lory said, with a smile. "No emotional entanglement here, stick your cock up a cunt, blast your cum, and procreate. It's just business, and not personal."

"Exactly my own thoughts," Professor Klondike said, with a smile. "Talk it over with Scott the next time you see him. Can you come back to my place for breakfast on Friday so that you can tell me how your conversation with him went?"

"Sure, I'll do that," Lory said.

Half an hour later, in the lab at Water Buffalo Hall, Scott was eating his breakfast, when Dr. Karlov poked his head in for a moment to help himself to food and tea.

As soon as breakfast was complete, Scott told Dr. Karlov everything Rocky had revealed to him the night before.

"Well that answers a question I always had: where did we get the core from?" Dr. Karlov said.

"You didn't know?" Scott asked.

"When this program started, a little over five years ago, Eric provided the core for the experiments, and he told me that he received it from Obi-wan, but that Obi-wan would not tell him where he got it from," Dr. Karlov said. "It's now obvious that Obi-wan received the core from Sherman."

"Also, the reason Obi-wan didn't tell Eric where he got it from is because it wasn't until a year after the experiments started that Eric met Sherman," Scott said, filling in the blank. "I found it interesting that this work started five years ago, and Eric said he met Sherman four years ago."

"I think you're right," Dr. Karlov said. "Obi-wan didn't disclose that he had received the core from Sherman because he wasn't allowed to disclose that at the time he gave it to Eric. It all fits together."

"I think we should call Eric and tell him what we know, before we do anything else this morning," Scott said.

Dr. Karlov nodded his head, and Scott called Eric on his cell phone, and put it on speaker so that everyone could talk. After Eric came on the line, Scott spent the next few minutes telling him everything.

"There is something that doesn't completely add up to me," Eric said, after taking a moment to gather his thoughts. "Rocky's motivation in the matter seems incomplete. I would wager that to put forth the effort required to bridge a dimensional gap, a being would require a very strong motive, and there isn't an obvious one for Rocky. Sure, he wants to stop bloodshed and violence, and that's fine, as far as things go, but how does our success or failure directly affect him?"

"He absolutely wants us to find the gate and open it," Scott said. "If simply stopping the Grancel Society from descending into Civil War was all he was after, then getting the control crystal from Sherman should be enough, but he wants us to go farther than that."

"I will think this over, and you two please do the same," Eric said. "It doesn't appear as if we have anything immediate to take action on, so, let's use this time to find more clues."

10 AM came by in Fuggville, and Calvin was back at the airport to pick up Mr. Lomb on his return flight from Texas. Calvin waited outside the gate, and as soon as Mr. Lomb appeared, the two men hugged, and then went off to Calvin's car for the ride home.

"Can we swing by the office?" Mr. Lomb asked Calvin, as soon as they were both on the open road.

"Sure thing, but shouldn't you be headed home to rest?" Calvin asked.

"I have to give my report on what I found in Texas without delay, but as soon as that's done, I plan to head home to sleep off the jet lag," Mr. Lomb said. "I would appreciate it if you could come into the office with me and wait for me."

"How did things go?" Calvin asked.

"I got things straightened out," Mr. Lomb said. "The source of the problem was that we need better training in our production facility, as the error was caused by a bunch of new recruits we hired a few months ago who are still learning the ropes."

"Sounds like a mundane business problem to me, allocate some more resources and things should be fine," Calvin replied.

"That's true," Mr. Lomb said. "So, how are things between you and my daughter?"

"Good," Calvin said, as he gave Mr. Lomb a brief rundown of everything that had happened since he had left town.

"I'm glad you and Shauna got to meet Scott," Mr. Lomb said. "I always had some vague suspicions about Ingred's video leak last year, but she's been Shauna's friend a long time, so I accepted her version of events. She fooled all of us."

"She is really clever, and then the wheels quickly fell off," Calvin said, with a smile. "It was less than 48 hours ago that they were punished for what happened, but it feels like it all happened a lifetime ago."

"That's women for you," Mr. Lomb said. "I have a wife, and two daughters, and I can't figure them out."

"Hey, on that subject, can I ask you about something I can't figure out?" Calvin asked, and, after Mr. Lomb nodded assent, Calvin told him about dinner the night before.

"You don't get why Carla is envious that you're with my daughter, do you?" Mr. Lomb asked.

"It doesn't make sense to me," Calvin said. "It was just a few weeks ago that I was a loser living in my parent's basement who girls would run a marathon to avoid being in the same room with. How did I suddenly become a catch?"

"There are two answers to your question," Mr. Lomb said. "The first one is, you were always a catch, and it's just that no one ever noticed it. For every man, like you, who gets offers from his girlfriend's close friends, there is a man whose girlfriend's close friends can't stand him. That's the objective part of this equation. If you didn't have a lot going for you to begin with, my daughter's friends would be pestering her to dump you. The second part is subjective, and lies entirely within the female mind. Shauna's friends respect her, and they trust her judgment. When Shauna chose you, it elevated you in the eyes of her friends. My daughter is crazy in love with you, Calvin, and her friends see that and envy that. They fundamentally want to feel what my daughter does."

"So, my status in the eyes of her friends is based on how happy Shauna is around me?" Calvin asked.

"Uh-huh, men can be happy in life with absolutely nothing, but women are much more social creatures than men are," Mr. Lomb said. "A woman wants most what another woman already has."

"Yeah, that makes sense to me," Calvin said.

"Here, let me show you something," Mr. Lomb said, as he went through his phone looking for something. He finally found it, and he showed Calvin a photo of a very lovely Mexican lady. "Do you know who she is?"

"No idea," Calvin said.

"Her name is Nicole, and she's the chick I banged over the weekend in Texas," Mr. Lomb replied, with a wide smile. "22-year old Latina hottie with an absolutely smoking body. How was I able to pull her?"

"No idea, but you're a god amongst men for having done so," Calvin said, with a goofy smile on his face. "Damn, is she hot."

"I was able to get her because I saw the truth of her situation," Mr. Lomb replied. "You're new to the game of love, and you're cautious, which, speaking as Shauna's father, is a good thing. You're also really clever, and in time, you'll figure out how to fuck girls you previously thought were impossible to get. When I was a younger man, my own lack of confidence was my own worst enemy. Young men today are in a very different situation than I was when I was young. The game has changed."

"How has it changed?" Calvin asked.

"Girls have always been slutty, what has changed are the consequences," Mr. Lomb said. "As in, there used to be consequences if a woman gave it up too often, and those don't exist anymore. Girls are also much more unhappy than they were 20 years ago. It used to be you never saw antidepressants in a woman's purse, now every single girl has them. Young women are all desperately looking for something in life, and are frustrated with how unable they are to find fulfillment. The social environment has changed, the internet has exploded, comparing one's life to others is now as simple as logging onto Instagram. Women today don't just envy their peers, they envy the gorgeous model with the flawless body and the perfect life that they follow on social media. Once you understand the intense pressures the modern young woman faces, you can get anything out of her you want. If you were an unscrupulous man, you could leverage those pressures to get Shauna, Mia, and Carla naked for you, and to consent to a foursome."