The Red-Haired Knight Ch. 11

Story Info
Ecna, the Wise.
1.2k words
4.52
836
00

Part 9 of the 16 part series

Updated 02/11/2024
Created 09/05/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
1historian
1historian
51 Followers

Ecna, The Wise

Malle's companion was known as the wisest of the nobility in the Valley, as 'wise' was understood at that time.

"Ecna...stay with me...you know what I must do. Tell me, help me to do it correctly."

That the Lady knew or trusted Ecna to know such things was both frightening and powerful. Frightening because any venture out of THIS realm, whether to the Light or the Dark, was extremely dangerous. Powerful because such ventures aroused Ecna to the very core of her being, like no lover could, like no violent sport could.

And yes, Ecna had many robust lovers, both before and after marriage (this last being a deep violation of Valley law and tradition.) Ecna also had a great devotion to blood sports, she hunted boar with a spear...on foot, planting the shaft of the spear solidly into the earth to impale the charging male animal on the spear's tip.

But since she had begun to bleed, her mind had been taken to novel places. First, it had been only in her dreams. Then during quiet moments in the forest. Finally, these visions came whenever her mind was not otherwise occupied. It was frightening at first...actually, it always had been frightening, but as she learned to control these visions and use them for her own ends, they also thrilled her and that never got old.

As the only daughter and the eldest of her family, she had her pick of lovers in her 'free' youth. She favored the stout peasant boys, robust in body, untutored in mind. To her mind, the boys of her own class were too sophisticated and knowledgeable of a wider world.

The peasant youths were tied to the land, in one-room hovels they had, at least, heard their parents mating and spent their seed as silently as possible, in a room with at least a half dozen other 'sleepers'. Their first time with Ecna was invariably disastrous, as they were nervous and frightened being with the 'Master's' daughter. And as she aged, Ecna had, herself, a reputation as a formidable personality.

For all her intellectual and physical strengths, she was truly kind and patient with her young men. In truth, she was molding them into the sort of lover she preferred— no nonsense and of great endurance.

When Ecna married— and it was a love match, not an alliance— she married Jeremi. A surprising choice if one appreciated her earlier taste in men. But those men were solely for pleasure, Jeremi was her life choice, according to the Holy Ground. Ecna had made it clear to Jeremi that he would be her soul mate, but not exclusively her 'bedmate'.

They had met on Holy Ground. Ecna was delivering, as it turned out, the last of the babies of her 'free' youth. The daughter was extraordinarily large, and it had been a terrifically difficult birth. The lives of both mother and daughter were in the balance. Both survived and would thrive, but Ecna would never bear children again.

She cried more than she had ever cried in her life. Indeed, she used up all of her tears and would never cry again. And so, she confided in a young man, who was praying in the shade of one of the Sacred Trees. She assumed him a monk, a novice monk at least. In the years ahead, she would come to know that he was no monk.

That day, Jeremi was at the Holy Ground to clear his mind. He was of an age to wed. His family was not one to arrange 'power' marriages. Still, they made it subtly clear that he needed to move on. As fine a scholar that he was, he needed to train to run an estate as was proper for fine folk. It was clear from his demeanor that he was no warrior, also that he was not inclined to live out his life on Holy Ground.

He came here, to Holy Ground seeking clarity; instead, he found Ecna. They found each other. Ecna, at great loss, was empty. Jeremi was to fill her.

As she opened herself to him under that Sacred Tree, he filled her or rather they became one...but, not in the carnal sense. Ecna experienced an inflow of spiritual presence and a healing glow. All her wounds were healed, all her demons expelled.

Jeremi found himself poured into this creature he had never met and could never more be long without. There was nothing but Ecna, there was no Jeremi for a time. Then he was there exploring her psyche. Not in an intrusive or voyeuristic way, it was as though he was the medicine Ecna required. And Ecna, the drug for Jeremi.

The union was witnessed and reported to the Keepers of the Holy Ground. Such an exception of mating was not unknown but was extremely rare.

The keepers consulted, and by the Laws of the Valley, Ecna and Jeremi were wed. No more perfect union was possible...or safe. They were at the edge of personal dissolution...and that was a high crime...akin to suicide.

Over the decades of marriage, they grew apart, out of necessity. The power of their union was so strong they DID risk dissolution and erasure of their individuality.

They still needed each other, desperately, indeed. Their individual lives were deeply, profoundly spiritual, and without the union that healed them both, they would be destroyed in another way— madness.

Living and managing adjoining estates as Master and Mistress in their own right, they were together for a day and a night every tenth day. The intensity of the union was white hot and sufficed to keep the union alive for a long time.

When apart they pursued their own interests. Ecna consulted other Mages and Witches; discreetly, as she was on shaky territory with the Keepers of the Holy Ground. Not that they condemned occult work, but they did have a specific idea of what sorts of spiritual investigations were proper.

Ecna's they would find clearly violated the Laws of Marriage...the one spouse FOREVER. Bluntly her correspondence with Mages and Witches often involved physical congress.

With Jeremi, Ecna was blessed with a profound (and dangerous) spiritual and psychic congress. This was impossible to achieve with another person.

Her advancement in the occult arts were by a mutual sharing of skills. This took the course of a very particular kind of physical union. The Mages would gift her with their seed which gave her insight into male powers. On receiving that seed, she could lactate, and the mage would suckle, thus gaining insight into female powers. With other witches, there was also an exchange of fluids which would benefit both.

Because of how discreet she had been, Ecna was perplexed that the Lady of the Valley would call on her. Her blood turned to ice when the Lady said, "Ecna...stay with me...you know what I must do. Tell me, help me to do it correctly."

How did the Lady know? And who else knew? Was she in danger? All these questions fled. She knew her duty and it was to be the Wise Woman for the Lady of the Valley.

(many thanks to kenjisato, my editor) All characters are over the age of 18.

_______________

1historian
1historian
51 Followers