All Comments on 'The Redhead'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 186 Comments (Page 2)
Buster2UBuster2Uabout 2 years ago

I love a happy ending. 5 stars to the writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of the very best!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Can't remember when a story choked me up. Well done.

As always, whackdoodle is aptly named and Snowman is no better.

SorchakSorchakabout 2 years ago

Seems to me that the 'Money Honey' took second place to the baby switching. Other than the suing of the hospital, the money just didn't play that big a role, which to me seems to kind of defeat the purpose of the event. And, I know it happened this way because that's how it was written, but EVERYBODY seemed rather dense about not having Linda's DNA checked too. "Oh, she's the mother. Why check *her* DNA?" There actually should have been other indicators that Liam/Terry wasn't theirs. Both my mom and wife kept saying how much my son looked like my grandfather in the pictures grandma had from when HE was a baby. (I never really saw it, myself.) Plus, my son was born with dark hair, just like mine, although my wife's is sandy-blonde. All-in-all, I can only give this 3 stars, due no money honey, and the "D'oh!" factor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If the husband hadn't left; they would not have known the bebe wasn't theirs. Imagine years going by before the truth was known. Everyone is castigating the husband; his doubt is the reason they have their biological son.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A little gem of a story. Checking that they had the right baby was one of the first things a loving husband and parents should have done. I'm a sucker for a happy ending, but I think they got off lightly and Linda should have made them grovel an awful lot more. Laptopwriter is probably a much nicer person than me.

A very easy 5 stars.

LA

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

My first thought was that she had been drugged.

\

"Linda, in his defense, sometimes we're just too close to a situation to see all the possibilities or make smart choices. Our emotions take over our brains." I agree. I never even thought about a baby mix-up, and I don't blame her husband or parents for not thinking of it. Her boss was better able to think dispassionately because he wasn't emotionally involved.

\

40% seems a little high, though maybe that takes into account the expenses that he's already incurred.

\

Why the fuck would Spencer think that Murphy would wonder about paternity? Doesn't he know that they already had a dark-haired child? "Maybe someday?" Is he nucking futs?

\

"For right now, I'll just say you're in the company of the biggest fool on earth." - I'm assuming that Pat made a similar mistake as Spence.

\

Is nobody going to let the Murphy's know the hospital screwed them on the settlement?

\

@Whackdoodle, how many times have we seen wives cheat after seeing fake emails or photoshopped pictures, and expect to forgiven for cheating.

\

@Anonymous Re: More stories - It takes time to come up with an idea, develop it, then actually write the story. It's not like those one-page cuck stories that just get spit out without any thought.

\

@Anonymous Re: The boss - Did he also have control over the DNA tests the hospital ran? This is LTW's story, what he says happened is what happened.

\

@Rw43 Re: The Boss, as I said earlier, the boss was a little removed from the problem, could look at things with a little less emotion. I'm sure if it had happened to him, he might not have been so quick to think of other options.

\

@iameasel, yes my first thought that the boss might have been involved somehow, also wondered if he might have res hair.

\

@njlauren Re: "If she didn't cheat and he wasn't the father, then the only explanation left is the kid isn't theirs." - No another option is that she was drugged. My first thought when she went to her boss that it might have been him, that he might even have red hair.

\

One negative - How does this fit the Money Honey theme? Yes, there was a big financial settlement, but it was key to the story in any way. Still five stars.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

Correction: The settlement WASN'T key to the story in any way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thanks LTW, this was great a solid 5. I came up with 5 explanations: 1 - she did the deed, 2 - switched at birth, 3 -roofied, 4 - dissociative personality disorder, 5 - traumatic memory loss. Your story reminds me - in fact this entire event reminds - of when LW was interesting. I'll await your next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story, thank you.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 years ago

Well done, but the concept of‘switched at birth’ isn’t unique. I recall hearing several national news stories, before and after becoming a parent. It’s why hospitals have a protocol for baby tracking. Mother and son get matching bracelets after the baby gets a wipe-down, before the baby is taken to the nursery.

Really good job with details. DNA checking wasn’t readily available until the past 20-30 years. Wyatt having a pager, set a general reference frame to right around that time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well done .... thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is a nice story, but why are the husband's in many of these stories spineless and cowards. I know I would have dug a bell of a lot more if I was in that situation and I would have stayed close to watch her reactions and emotions along the way. Not move out, don't talk to her and write up divorce papers.....Not at that point.

Ranger001Ranger001about 2 years ago

One other possibility: Ellie (or even her mother) carried a recessive gene...

Or was hiding her own indiscretion, never expecting to be outed so dramatically.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 2 years ago

That's another amazing story from you, LTW! A very human and humane look at a desperate, horrible situation and how two families managed to cope with the help of a very good man. 5*, of course.

Incidentally I remember reading about the story you alluded to in the UK press.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hey, give it up for the boss! A truly good man, wise and compassionate. I thought for a moment you were going to give him red hair (and the readers a red herring!) but probably just as well you didn't. Well-told tale of authentic humanity, good and not-so-good.

AloneTooLongAloneTooLongabout 2 years ago

I loved the story; my great-grandson has red hair; both parents have brown hair; Dad's Mom has auburn hair as does his sister. There must be a red-haired (probably Irish person) ancestor in there somewhere. Weirdly enough, my husband also had auburn hair (and he wasn't biologically related to any of the above folks) and even more weird, the great-grand son was born on my husband's birthday. I always think that is my husband's way of reminding me he is still with me even though he died six years before the kiddo was born.

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Wrong

Wrong ending, she shouldn't have taken Spencer back.With the settlement money and working for a first class boss,she would have been able to get on with her life,.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Spencer Leaving Linda Saved Their Marriage.

If Linda had not revealed the details of her broken marriage to her boss, she and Spencer would have been divorced sooner or later anyway. Spencer might have stayed in the marriage even with evidence of Linda's adultery, but sooner or later they would be divorced. And it would be just as much Linda's fault as Spencer's.

I Can't Believe It Wasn't Pointed Out In The Story, . . .that even Linda never thought of a plausible reason for her husband's DNA not matching her "sons." Its easy to say I Didn't Cheat, but its just words. All the material evidence indicated that the child was not the offspring of her husband. So why wasn't Linda complicit in the misunderstanding? If it had not been for a calm objective third party analysis Linda would be a divorced single parent raising someone else's child, and probably estranged from her family. How would she react some day in the future when she learned it was all for just a lack of logical investigation. And only Linda could incite such an investigation because Only Linda knew for certain that she had not committed adultery. And there is every indication that just like her husband, Linda was too angry and heart broken to think calmly and clearly. So it was not all Spencer's fault. Too bad the story omitted or overlooked Linda's responsibility to confront the evidence and seek other explanations. Again, only Linda knew for sure she hadn't cheated.

Still, it was a very clever and well written story. Thank you for your wit, imagination, and effort.

rnebularrnebularabout 2 years ago

One of my absolute favorite authors doesn't disappoint. Not once, but twice I had to rub my eyes clear. The emotions ran high in this one. Thanl you for sharing your wonderful talent with us laptopwriter.

Rnebular

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another triumph from a legend of literotica.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99about 2 years ago

Unless my mother cheated on my father at least twice, the statement that one of the parents has red hair you wouldn't have a red-headed child is false. My oldest brother and my younger brother have red hair. Both parents had brown hair.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessabout 2 years ago

My only issue with this was that the mother didn't think of alternatives either, so she seemed a little punishing. I mean she was the only character who knew 100% she hadn't cheated, and all she did was get mad and stomp her foot when no-one believed her even with a DNA test. She didn't seem interested in solving it, just denying it and being offended.

Nothing changed the fact that the kid wasn't her husbands, seems like she should have been more panicked about figuring out how, rather than living in denial and getting pissy about people thinking she cheated. It was either going to be a mix up at the hospital, or a rape of some kind while she was unconscious. The whole plot seemed to be her being mad that no one believed her, which would only be a small part of her reaction, surely.

MikodaMikodaabout 2 years ago

Typical Nitpic, the resident feminist, always blame the men and all men are monsters. And women have no accountability. In this story the women most definitely has accountability.

This happens in real live. Good example why paternity tests should be mandatory.

kamdev99008kamdev99008about 2 years ago

Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

I believe every fiction is a modest recreation of truth.

Not only good but one of the best story...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A VERY different approach to a L/W story! I loved it!!

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 2 years ago

If she *knew* she didn't cheat and believed her husband when he questioned about the hair color, why didn't *she* wonder if the child was hers..?

And if she hadn't come up with a reasonable alternative, how can she reasonably punish him for failing to either...?

Though, I got to admit, getting a DNA of her seemed like a no brainer...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The gigantic plot flaw in this story is not one of the four principals were smart enough to have the mother's DNA tested. Seriously? It took her boss to figure out this needed to be done? Completely not credible.

TechumsahTechumsahalmost 2 years ago

I liked the different approach but all this can't be on the husband. All she did was say how dare you to everyone. Great idea and concept none the less. Great work as usual.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Don't

Don't think she should have taken Spencer back.With her supportive work force and hospital settlement ,she could have decent life on her own.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Interesting premise. Well written. For those who castigate the husband (Spencer) remember that without the first DNA test, for which his wife Linda was utterly clueless and did not understand the import, they would have never gotten their real son back. Of course another DNA test would have been the natural play but Linda did not believe in them and the emotions came out harsh and strong too fast. Spencer still bears the blame for not being rational when he discovered the child was not his, which was correct, but can you really blame him under such an improbable and nightmarish scenario?

UnassignedUnassignedalmost 2 years ago

Sometimes a story gets a little uninvolving and as a reader you start to skim, going faster and faster through the words, the paragraphs, sometimes even pages? Conversely, the exchange scene was so compelling that I was *slowing down* my reading and despite the characters' anguish - shared by the reader thanks to LTW's skill - I wanted to prolong it as long as possible.

SeaChangerSeaChangeralmost 2 years ago

Since the family jumped to the concusion that she cheated, why didn't the wife realize, that since she knew she did not cheat, that she should get tested ... really dumb.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Brilliantly conceived and executed

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFalmost 2 years ago

5* for the reference to A Guide for the Married Man, but the plot hole of her not tee sting herself is too stupid too ignore, so -1* for that.

69gman69gmanalmost 2 years ago
Your Best

That was quite an experience. Having read all your stories, I consider this your very best. I do not have adequate words to describe the emotions I experienced while reading this story, but thankfully it ended well for everyone. Thank you for your contribution and sharing. Plus 5***** obviously

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreeneralmost 2 years ago

I have read a few of your stories and just added you to my favorite authors list.

This was an original idea, although, pretty obvious from the first page what happened. There were enough hints, nevertheless, I really enjoyed reading it.

I would like to know what Pat was going to tell Spencer. You never went there.

Linda, as humiliating as it may have been, could have offered to take a lie detector test. I know that when you are falsely accused and have proof of your innocence, reactions are one of anger. So Linda was understandably emotionally portrayed.

She had one great boss. Sometimes, it helps not to be emotionally involved. Spencer and her parents did not qualify for that.

Thank you for all your work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Honestly, the wife was way over the line.... He had the right to assume something was wrong. Not to mention if the shoe was on the other foot she would have reacted the same way.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Yes, a fictional story based on fact. This would be a heart wrenching situation and I am surprised it does not happen more. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And the lawsuit???

underdog1underdog1over 1 year ago

Wow, this was based on something nobody wants to think about, and hopes would never happen. I wouldnt even no where to start, excellent story line and very well written in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought I had read all of your stories. Somehow I missed this gem.

Thank you very much

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

Damn, ugly crying over this one.

timrivtimrivover 1 year ago

Spencer got off to easy in my opinion. He doubted the child was his but never approached her to discuss his feeling just secretly got a dna test done confronted accused her of cheating and moved out. Her parents we not much better. Think she should have filed for a separation, dated and beaded a few guys as revenge. She was accused of it anyway. Then after a while maybe agree to try counselling with the Spencer before he crawled back after accepting her revenge flings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WOW!!!! They don't write stories like that anymore. The author really spent some time on this novel and the ending could not have been better. As a side, the grammar, spelling, punctuation, et al, were finite and precise.

Thank you, LAPTOPWRITER for one of your best. I usually don't want to read any LW stories that have more than 4 chapters, but I decided to start reading it and just couldn't stop as the plot continued to thicken.

Once again, thank you.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

The guilt heaped on hubby was over the top. The real story is that motherhood is a matter of fact. Fatherhood is a matter of faith. Period. It is the authors opinion that dad has no right to question paternity. Wrong. The truth is that among the major ancestry companies, ancestry.com. 23 And me, and others, when aggregating their databases, it shows 1 in 5 men are raising non bio kids. 20%. So why is there no right? Men are in impossible position, and that makes a strong argument for mandatory dna testing as part of the full package the hospital provides. Of course , fems, womens orgs, and other “ equality” groups always push back hard on such laws or rules. Makes you wonder why, no not really. The state does not care, make any man pay rather than the govt. Pushback like that raises the question about just how much female cheating is really going on. The database can even show that the third kid is the most likely non bio. Of course, in the real world, just like this tale, hubby has no rights to ask, no rights to question, and will be financially implicated since his name in on the birth certificate. It was his fault.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

a kid shows up with red hair and someone else's dna and you're the asshole for getting a test? what is in people's water these days that's turning everyone into a cuck?!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm on page 4, but had to take a moment to say, somebody finally understands that Colombia is a country, not Columbia Finally. The error rate exceeds 95 percent! Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I made the comment about Colombia. Five stars. JPB

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

I absolutely hated this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You can't fault Spencer when his DNA test showed him not to be Terry's father!! Thankfully you had a boss who was not fawning over his employee but helped her with the DNA testing and lawyer!! But what was the thing about them going out regularly for lunch and he was Irish too!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An extremely difficult situation for the couple made into a masterfully told story. Thank you, laptopwriter!

OpenToOpenMindedOpenToOpenMindedabout 1 year ago

Another 5 Stars! Only sadness was not a better financial resolution for the real parents of Liam. They should have gotten at least a half million from the hospital. You did so good in bringing in the details of the true story. Great writing and good story scripting. I also found only about 2-3 grammatical/spelling errors. Thank you for some great writing, it was inspiring. It also created a feeling of greater humility as we all do often go off on the wrong end without getting all the facts together before making bad decisions. Kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Linda was a bit delusional, honestly, she should have seen that the baby wasn't his, the red hair signified that, and considering that the baby comes from the woman's body, of course, he's going to believe you cheated. The moment he brought up it, she should have seen the signs, so she was delusional on her part and see his concerns about the baby. So she really has no right to be mad at him for that and his accusations, if she couldn't see his concerns.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story. Despite Spencer’s accusations, and Linda’s parents agreement, there was little angst in this story. Also, since no actual infidelity took place, this story rightfully belongs in the Romance category rather than Loving Wives. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

One of the best Emorional story I've read.

5 stars +

I Still have tears in m'y eyes as I write triste comment.

Amazing writing !

Thank you !

Ocker53Ocker5311 months ago

Fuck I had tears in my eyes that saying a lot when you know me, wonderful story ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Don't see any wrong in Spencer's actions!!

Dalton402Dalton40210 months ago

I liked the premise of the story. I felt the story or dialogue flowed like your other stories

BlueStingBlueSting10 months ago

Another great story from an exceptional author.

However, only 4 stars for this one, as 99% of husbands finding out they were not the father would presume infidelity, Wife was way too harsh on him.

McMahonSMcMahonS10 months ago

As an Englishman I have to dispute Blue Sting's figure of 99% for the number of husbands who in the circumstances of this story would assume infidelity - at least on this side of the pond. With the parlous state pf our National Health Service a hospital cock-up would be the first likely scenario a Brit husband would suspect. Good story; wife justified in response to lack of support rom family - especially husband and her father.

doctrptdoctrpt9 months ago

Spencer may have hurt her, but without the second test, most courts would ruled him not the father, and her by the order an adulterer. She should recognize it was the situation, and the real scientific evidence, that the child was not his. Of course, the child was not hers either.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I always get a laugh at commenters who say that a fictional character should have acted or reacted in another way. In case you didn't know, they are not real people.

But anyway, I thought the writing was exceptionally good. I even got a tear from the description of the baby handover. You should be very proud of yourself for a story well told.

TLHianhinTLHianhin8 months ago

That scene at the end with the exchange at the hospital was intense. Brought a tear to my eye. Well written, tight flowing dialogue. Probably the author’s best story. I first suspected perhaps Linda’s boss was the culprit. When the story didnt head in that direction, it was easy to deduce there was a cock up at the hospital.

NallusNallus8 months ago

Sometime I saw, he didn't, or the plot wouldn't permit it, but, he could have told W that SHE TOO thought it was hers, and if it wasn't his…

MarkItZeroMarkItZero7 months ago

Excellent story. I hope the Murphys ended up getting their equal due from the hospital.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Much ado about nothing?

Unconditional love about new life?

How come no one questioned the hospital about a possible switch in the pediatric ward?

It has been known to happen more than a couple of times. Even later at adulthood, siblings and parents are traumatized by external mistake. How can the innocent mother bear the pain of the scarlet letter?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

'O ye of little faith'.

If Joseph the Carpenter did not marry Mother Mary,

She either would have been stoned to death or

King Herod would have had mother and child killed by his royal guards in Bethlehem. All because of a prophecy of a regime change. Father Joseph protected her and another's son and fled to Cairo to provide for them and the 'bastard' son to grow up.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What a trial of faith. (Like Job?)

Without the Wisdom of Solomon...

Happily ever after?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

For me you are one of the very best authors here. Your stories are so much more realistic than many and peopled by multidimensional characters.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

5 Stars on her being such a forgiving wife . Plus she never cheated on her husband . My mother told me of the same thing happening in Washington State . I think she said it was just over 1 month when everything got straightened out .

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The storyline is a bit BS! If Linda truly believed that she didn’t cheat then Linda should have immediately stated that this couldn’t be her baby when first confronted with the DNA test information since only she knows that she didn’t cheat! I was initially thinking that Linda had been hypnotized and had sex with the hypnotist. It is Linda’s fault for not seeming the obvious!

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler5 months ago

This story captured the emotional turmoil that would exist in reality. Your stories are all five stars except the short ones that are 4.5 because it’s unfair to compare the long and the short. Never disappointed in any of your work. Thanks for a lovely reading experience.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

there was a national story a few years ago about teenagers that had been switched at birth . somehow a dna test wasn't done till they were older ?? life can be strange .

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

It's a good story, but the wife is too caught up in her own defence when the explanation is presented and the boss is a jerk.

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorld5 months ago

The Irish are not the only ones with red hair but the ones to watch are the redheaded women. They can make the Devil hunt a hole when they get pissed, and they never forget or forgive.

Pappy7Pappy75 months ago

Pretty good story. I can see where the husband got his idea of infidelity from, lots of evidence. I can also see that the wife would get upset. But she didn't think about the baby being switched either. If she hadn't of been so angry at everyone but herself and her saintly boss maybe it would have gotten resolved. And I guarantee that if I had been Linda's father and that little bitch of a boss would have talked to my wife that way I would have pulled his fucking head off and stuck it up his ass. Good writing, that part got to me.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

This is one of your better stories, but I felt like poor Spencer got turned into the goat just for the sake of the plot, since Linda, upon seeing a DNA test should have been like, "WTF IS GOING ON HERE?!?!" instead of obstinately insisting that she didn't cheat, as if that was the real problem.

Jlyn1Jlyn14 months ago

There was a negative comment about Linda's boss. WTF!!! Did the idiot not read the story? I would like to believe there are more out there willing to go to bat for their employees.

newford9bnewford9b3 months ago

Why does Just_words think Linda's boss is a jerk. He or she is either dyslectic , unable to read correctly or just plain stuuupid. In my humble opinion this tale is a very commendable read 5Stars all day long

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The boss is a jerk, maybe asshole had his own motives. The DNA said otherwise so why make the MC the worst guy in the story

Ranger001Ranger0013 months ago

1978, Wauchula FL:

It happened here, too.

(Kimberly Mays was born at Hardee Memorial Hospital in 1978. She and another baby girl were switched and went home with the wrong parents.) [Times (1988)]

Seriously messed things up!

There's more if you care to research it.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 2 months ago

not going to rate this. the boss, while doing the right thing, he was an asshole, judging the family as uncaring and unsympathetic. They could have been suffering from the shock of DNA test and not had the strength or intelligence to have Linda's DNA tested too.

Once that happened, I figured the rest of the story was going to be rebuilding relationships and wasn't interested in reading that drama.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Mandatory DNA tests are coming! Now that is awesome, no matter how feministic your view is don't care men finally get a guarantee! Throughout time men never got any guarantee, we settled for a couple thousand years on a promise. And sorry ladies but I'm pretty sure that almost all of the women who got caught "thx to DNA testing" said they loved their husbands and that they didn't cheat, and since there have been a whole lot of that happening, you shouldn't be offended by it in anyway well unless of course you are a cheater, in which case we don't care cheaters should all burn, just cause Jesus forgives doesn't mean we as men have to be that godly now does it.

Nasty56Nasty5627 days ago

How could anyone blame Spencer? Linda knew a redhead was something strange but didn’t do anything about it until her boss push the issue. Parents knew it was strange also, how could she blame Spencer for wanting to know!? It’s fiction but hell a real cheater would say the same line Linda did…

Lupercal16Lupercal1615 days ago

Whew, that was kind of a roller coaster there for a bit. I honestly thought by the middle that they wouldn't be able to patch it up, and she'd divorce him and marry her boss. Glad to see I was wrong about that. I understand both sides point of view on this, but I do think that Spencer handled it badly initially. I don't blame Linda for making him jump through hoops to get back in her good graces, and props to him for being willing to admit he was wrong and eat a whole murder of crow to repent, but I do have ti say that while he handled the initial reaction badly, it was understandable. Linda should have realized something was wrong when her baby's hair was still red after those months.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous