The Renfield Syndrome Ch. 11

Story Info
Bisexual horror novel, violence and psychosexuality.
7.1k words
4.5
961
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 11 of the 11 part series

Updated 03/09/2024
Created 07/30/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Renfield Syndrome (Bisexual horror) - David is an ordinary man thrown into a nightmarish world of bloodlust and passion with his own humanity at stake. This is an ongoing work in progress of psychosexual horror. https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=7267751&page=submissions

Content Warning: Bloody horror violence and gore, strong sexual content

CHAPTER 11

The rain came down in an unbroken gray downpour, drenching the city and its inhabitants. Those who dwelt here were well used to inclement weather and rarely let it disrupt their lives, moving about the rain-clogged streets in a crowd of umbrellas. With no sun to track across the dreary sky, there was little indication of time passing until a gradual loss of light signaled sundown once more.

David and Roach spent the day in Lori's apartment with David only venturing out once to restock their supply of raw meat. With Roach's help, Lori remained sedate in her drug-induced euphoria, sleeping, eating, and masturbating at regular intervals as the day went on. David and Roach killed the rest of the time with various distractions and much conversation and David found the woman to be pleasant company. She was frank and unpretentious with a great deal of knowledge accumulated over her eight decades on the planet, dating back to her days as an army nurse stationed in Vietnam. And like Lucas, she had a great deal of insight into their shared condition.

Roach took a much more combative stance against the Beast than Lucas did, speaking in terms of conquest rather than coexistence. "You have to learn to throw a rope around that bitch and ride it like a fucking bull," she said in her blunt manner. "You've got to teach it discipline, or you'll wind up one of the ferals. You can't bargain with it, but you can force it to work for you. You can use it. It'll make you powerful as shit if you stay in charge. Powerful enough to tear Belial a new one if he gets in your face again."

"Power's not what I'm worried about," David said. "It's my humanity that's the problem."

"You've been talking to Lucas, that's what he says. Me, I've stayed human out of sheer bullheadedness, I suppose. Or at least as close to human as we get, whatever the hell we are. I refuse to give it control over me. I don't like anything having control over me." Roach said this last with a great note of bitterness and David sympathized having recently felt Angelique's direct influence.

"When SHE was here last night, I was totally under her control," David said with a paranoid glance around the apartment. "This time she made me attack Lori. I couldn't even try to resist, she made me want to do it. I wanted to do it to please her."

"It's something that gets worse as time goes on and the more she feeds us. It's like we get mentally conditioned to obey. I'm still able to hold a rebellious thought in my head when dealing with her, but even that's hard. Lucas fights the hardest, but he's so in her thrall that he says he's not sure which emotions and desires are his, and which are ones Angelique's impressed onto his mind over time."

David shuddered. "Have you ever been able to resist her?"

"It's possible," Roach said, dropping her voice to a conspiratorial whisper. "It takes some serious mental discipline and it's a lot harder if she's got her full attention on you. Easier if she's distracted. Sometimes I can shield my thoughts from her, that's tricky too. It's sort of like making yourself think really hard about nothing at all. Meditation helps."

"I've done that," David said. "Helps with alcohol cravings too. Kinda sometimes, anyway."

The evening drew on, with Roach passing the time by teaching David a variety of poker games. She was skilled with the cards, shuffling and manipulating them like a casino dealer with an impressive amount of flair. Lori remained sedate, floating on her golden cloud of heroin that Roach expertly resupplied her with when Lori's hyperactive system began to shake off the effects. "We should give her a break from this stuff," Roach said. "Pretty soon we can move her to my place, she can ride out the rest of it there. There, I'll be prepped to handle her if she gets violent. Don't worry, David, she's going to come out of this. I know just from what you've told me about her."

"I'll be right there with you. I got her into this whole thing, I have to see her through."

"I think you're used to taking the blame for things, kid," Roach said. "You can't take responsibility for the shit Angelique does, you'll drive yourself crazy. Lori's one of us now, we just have to get her past this little rough patch. Piece o' cake, Trust me."

"Thanks, Roach." David said. "Seriously, I appreciate everything you've..."

Suddenly, inside David's head and deep in his heart, a bizarre yearning rose in him. It was so intense and abrupt that he broke off with a gasp, clutching at his own chest. In his mind, unbidden, an image rose of Angelique, more sublime than ever and his heart felt it might break with longing for her. The desire for her was immediate and irresistible as three words spoke inside David's head like the peal of a bell.

Come to me...

"Roach?" David croaked, but she had closed her eyes and didn't respond. Angelique's seductive voice laid dozens of hooks in David's brain and he could nearly feel himself being physically pulled toward her, and suddenly he knew where in the city she was. An image arose in his mind's eye of a great dark building jutting into the sky, the tallest building in Seattle. The supernatural yearning to be in Angelique's presence was all-encompassing and David got to his feet without thinking, as if to run to her. "Roach, she's in my head right now."

"She's in all our heads. Mine and Lori's too." Roach told him. Indeed, Lori emerged from the bedroom on all fours, her eyes gleaming red. She was groggy and staggering from the effects of the heroin in her veins, but she was aware, looking around the room with desperate eyes. She opened her mouth and with a great "HURK" sound, vomited onto the living room carpet. David instinctively went to her and put his arms around her bare shoulders, the drugs making her too sluggish to lash out at him as her body spasmed again and she emptied the contents of her stomach onto the floor.

COME TO ME... The voice in his head was louder this time, less a seduction and much more a command. David shook his head and resisted a sudden urge to dash straight for the door. Angelique wanted him and he wanted her, and the distance between them seemed far, far too great. But he knew where she was and where she wanted him to be. There wasn't a doubt in his mind.

"Let's go." Roach said. "It's going to get worse until we do. If we resist too long, she'll come to us. Let's get Lori dressed if we can. We'll take her with us. She's pretty out of it, but she'll run there naked if we let her."

David went to Lori's closet and procured one of her black dresses, selected for the ease of getting her into it. Lori didn't protest as Roach held her upright while David pulled it over her head and worked her arms into the holes. "What do you think Angelique wants?" he asked Roach as she hurriedly collected her things and stuffed them into the pockets of her coat.

"We'll find out," Roach said. "She gets lonely and likes to be attended to. She'll call us together from time to time so we can worship her. That's our whole purpose after all." She repacked her drug works as David found shoes for Lori to wear and coaxed them onto her feet. Lori's fingers were entwined in her own hair, tearing at it as she cried out in longing.

"Lori? It's me David, we have to go. Can you stand?" He carefully boosted her to her feet and supported her as she wobbled, her stoned eyes casting wildly about the room. "Hold on to me, Lori. We're going to go see Angelique." The sound of her new Mistress' name gave Lori a modicum of focus as she fought through the drug haze in her urgency to answer the call. David continued to talk to her soothingly, as Roach zipped her coat and made for the door.

"We're going to have to muscle her down the stairs, unless they fixed that elevator today." Roach said. "My car's parked a couple of blocks down. I know where we're going, I've been there before." She stepped to Lori's other side and helped stabilize her on her feet, and they half walked, half-drug Lori with them out into the hallway.

The journey down the stairs was thankfully interrupted by only one of Lori and David's neighbors, climbing the narrow flights in the opposite direction. Though Lori growled low in her throat as they passed on the third-floor landing, David and Roach hustled her away and downward out onto the street. There, they were just clubgoers helping an exceptionally drunk companion find her way home, their disguise adequate to reach Roach's car without further incident. Lori was loaded into the back seat where she sat with her chin lolling on her chest as she fought against the drugs. After a second's thought, David joined her in hopes of keeping her sedate while Roach drove.

"Come on, Lori, snap out of it," David said for the hundredth time that day. "Tell me you understand me, tell me you're still you." Lori groggily raised her head and looked at him, muttered something inaudible, and then fell to watching him suspiciously as Roach started the car for the short drive from Capitol Hill to downtown.

As they made their way to the freeway, David grappled with the unnatural longing he still felt for Angelique. It was physically painful, as though his heart might break to be away from her for a minute longer. There was no doubt it was a false feeling, and David tried hard to summon revulsion and hatred for Angelique and everything she'd done. But his mind betrayed him, picturing her in all her glory, ethereal in her beauty and terrible in her power, and he longed to bask in her presence once more. The duality was frustrating and confusing, to be so repelled and yet so drawn at the same time, and he tried to steel himself against the intrusive thoughts. Remember what's true. David thought desperately to himself. She's a monster. She's unnatural and she's making you her slave, you're NOT in love with her. Don't give in to her control. This was overlaid with the vivid memory of making love to her as she graced him by raping his gullet, in a beautiful, deep embrace, an experience he found himself horribly eager to have again.

Once on the freeway, it was only a short distance to the Columbia Street exit into the very heart of downtown. Being more of a business district than a nightclub district, other traffic was sparse at this time of night and there were few pedestrians. The great black Columbia Tower loomed over all the other buildings, making them look miniscule by comparison, jutting into the sky like a skeletal finger. It was only three blocks to reach it as Roach maneuvered through the maze of one-way streets to the entrance of the underground parking garage. It was closed and gated, but Roach produced a key card and gained access in short order.

Once inside, they descended into the concrete garage, lit by cheap and flickering fluorescent lighting. The lower they went, the more graffiti seemed to be a problem, with many of the walls tagged with colorful murals of spray paint. Four floors below street level, Roach pulled into a spot near the elevators. "Grab Lori and come on," Roach said. "Angelique pretty much owns this building, and she does a lot of entertaining here. She likes to throw parties, that's what I'm guessing this is. A bunch of high society fucks come together to kiss her ass. I hate this shit."

"What is she going to want us to do?" David asked nervously.

"Who knows? She'll tell us when we get there. Come on, she's going to stay in our heads until we do."

Roach climbed out of the car and David turned to Lori. He could feel Angelique's proximity like a physical presence the closer they got to her, and this same phenomenon was clearly at work within Lori as well. She looked around with stoned eyes seeming to register her surroundings for the first time and muttered, "Where is she?" It was slurred and came out "werrizzshee?" but it was the first real words Lori had spoken.

"Lori, it's you!" David cried. "Can you understand me? Lori, talk to me."

"David..." she mumbled. "Where is she?" Her eyes still drooped as she fought through the haze of drugs in her system.

"Lori!" David whooped in relief and threw his arms around her. "It's you! You're back! Thank God, I was so worried about you!"

"David, who is she?" Lori moaned. "I can't stop thinking about her. It huuuuuurts..."

"I know," David said. "Come on, we're going to see her now. I swear I'll explain everything, but we have to go. It's going to be all right, I promise." He got out of the car and helped Lori to stand, swaying heavily on her feet still, but steadier than before.

"Good morning, sunshine," Roach said, stepping to the other side of Lori to lend support. "I know this is a hell of a wake up. I'm a friend, stick with me and I'll show you through." Lori looked at her groggily, and not knowing what else to do, accepted Roach's assistance. The three of them hustled through the dark subterranean space toward the elevators, their footsteps echoing hollowly off the graffiti tagged walls.

Suddenly, Lori gave a growl of warning, though she looked surprised at herself for doing so. David's own hyperacute senses simultaneously picked up several more people in the immediate area, lurking in the shadows between cars. David saw dark figures darting from one shadow to another, drawing closer to where they stood, at least a dozen of them or more, spreading out to surround them. David saw dirty clothes, disheveled hair, and flashes of scabrous skin as the figures drew close, their red eyes gleaming in the darkness.

"BACK OFF!" Roach barked, and the nearest of them drew back startled by her voice. "Don't worry about them," she said to David and Lori. "They're the guard dogs."

Between the concrete columns and long parked cars, a few had drawn close enough for David to get a clear view. The first he saw was tall, thin man with long tangled hair and beard, dressed in a ragged overcoat. Clearly some leprous infection was at work on him, as his nose was little more than a rotted hole in his head, and his cheeks bore oozing sores. Accompanying him was a morbidly obese man wearing only filthy tighty whities, his blubbery flesh smeared with offal and his teeth filed to points. Opposite was a woman who looked so ancient her skin was parchment, holding a wicked looking skinning knife in her clawlike hands. They approached from all sides, bearing the filth of the city in their hair and under their fingernails, some dressed in shabby clothing, others naked with their skin crisscrossed with wounds from fighting. The filthy horde growled in warning, but Roach bellowed at them again and they drew away.

"Come on, keep moving," Roach ordered, hustling Lori and David onward. "Angelique keeps them down here and feeds them scraps. There's a whole fucking warren below us that's connected to the Seattle underground. Part of the city is built on top of ruins from a fire a century ago. There's whole neighborhoods down there, the ferals call it home." The trio reached the elevator and the ragged people closed ranks behind them, their red eyes shining hungrily but not approaching too close. Roach scanned her key card before a small electronic panel as David interposed himself between Lori and Angelique's advance guard.

After a moment the elevator door slid open with a dull bong. Roach hustled them inside the small space and scanned her card again on the panel inside. There was a keypad rather than banks of buttons, and Roach punched in a code. Then the elevator door slid shut and they began to rapidly ascend.

"This is a service elevator," Roach told them. "It goes all the way up to the sky lobby on the fortieth floor. Angelique's private floors are above that. Hope nobody's scared of tall buildings."

"David, please, what's going on?" Lori asked. "Who is that woman? What has she done to me?"

"God, where the hell do I even begin?" David said. "She's Angelique, and she's calling us. We're going to see her now."

"I promise when we have time, I'll explain everything," Roach said. "Stick close to me and David and we'll keep you safe. I know you don't know me from fucking Adam, but I'm a friend. All I can say is do whatever Angelique wants and you'll be okay."

"I don't understand," Lori said, clutching close to David. "I feel so strange."

"I know," Roach said. "Things are really fucking different now, Lori. You're going to have to trust us, there's a whole lot that you don't understand. Just know that the woman in your head has chosen you, and we're going to see her right now. As soon as we get there, it'll stop hurting."

Lori looked far less than reassured but fell silent with her hand to her own head as if to rub either the effects of the drugs or Angelique's presence away. David could feel them drawing closer to her, to where she wanted them to be, and experienced a surge of joyful anticipation that he knew to be false. He was being drawn toward her like he had a fishhook in his gray matter, and the urge to simply submit was strong. Whether the urge came from his own defeatist mind or was planted there by Angelique, David had no idea.

The elevator finally slowed and the door slid open. They emerged into a short hallway leading to a large and dimly lit open space. The décor was black marble with gold fixtures, and through the floor to ceiling windows they could see the very tops of the smaller skyscrapers outside. There were several couches and places to sit, and a large, closed coffee bar. The Columbia Tower sky lobby.

"Come on," Roach said. "Angelique has a private elevator this way." They crossed the darkened space and once again David's senses told him they weren't alone here. He could smell the sweat and cologne of one more person, and they laid sight of him as they rounded a corner to the main bank of elevators. David recognized him immediately as one of the cops that had caught him and Aaron, the tall one with a moustache. He was dressed in his Seattle PD uniform and was standing guard by the elevator at the farthest end.

"Doyle," Roach grunted as they approached. "You pulled door duty again, sucks to be you."

"I was wondering when you'd show up. Who's this you got with you?" he asked, pointing to Lori. "I don't recognize her."

"She's brand new, so keep your fucking hands off her. Got it?" Roach said with menace in her voice. "She's under my protection tonight, so keep your dick in your pants unless you want me to cut it off you."

"Touchy touchy," Doyle said, holding his hands up in mock surrender. "You are so hostile, you really need to lighten up. It's always your time of month."

"Fuck off, Doyle," Roach snapped. "I know what you're all about, so stay the fuck away from me and Lori. Let us go up, Angelique wants us."

The uniformed cop turned and waved to a wall mounted video camera pointed at them, and a moment later the elevator door slid open. Doyle gave a mock bow to Roach, motioning her inside with a flourish. "Your majesty," he said, dripping with sarcasm. Roach gave him her middle finger and ushered Lori and David inside. Doyle waggled his fingers at them as the elevator doors slid closed and the car began to rocket skyward.

"Dude's a total skeevy creep," Roach said. "Doesn't have a trustworthy bone in his body, and his partner's even worse."

"Yeah, we met," David said. "He caught me trying to help Aaron escape."

"Watch what you say in here," Roach advised, "there's cameras everywhere. Angelique doesn't like surprises." The digital display on the wall of the elevator ticked off the floors as they rose, so fast that David could feel his stomach drop. When they passed the seventieth floor the car began to decelerate and came to a stop on floor seventy-three.