The Rescuer Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't think that I should do that. I mean, touch you down there."

Keeley laughed, and the wonderful musicality to it banished a bit more of the awful sadness weighing her down.

"You haven't judged me harshly all night, or shied away from me, when you figured out what I do for a living. Unlike some women, I'm just a dancer, but there are those that do give the rest of us a bad name. And then there is Shelly, who is clearly in a different class of trouble all by herself. Most of us girls are just normal people, with a few extra kinks, and a little darker pasts than most. If you want me to grab the key, that's fine, too. But if you do it for me? It'll probably take both of your hands."

His fingers shook, as he stepped sideways to stand in front of the redhead, but his hands stopped right before he touched her skin.

"Why do you stay with him? This whole night out adventure of yours? It can't be a good idea. Can it?"

This time the accompanying laughter was a little sadder.

"I can still choose what I will, and what I will not do, in our relationship. Usually I mess it up, by following Seth's lead too often, but I think that is coming to an abrupt end. I've seen and felt too much already tonight. Here, let me help you again."

One of those long soft hands shifted to be able to hold up her skirt by itself. The other reached down to place the fingers of his left hand firmly on her thigh. Then she held the tip of the key firmly in place underneath her stockings. Now that he could feel how warm and firm Keeley's skin was, his hand stopped shaking, and he was able to use his other hand to retrieve what they both needed.

As he began to unwind the handle of the key, from the length of garter she had twisted around it, the redhead moaned in a complex mixture of emotions that defied even his skills to interpret.

When he went to pull the thorn tipped edge up out of the stocking, the back of his wrist accidentally brushed against the panties covering Keeley's pussy. In the bright overhead lights from the gate, still just out of camera range, he could easily see a few well trimmed red hairs peeking out from beneath the green silk.

"That's ok. I don't mind. It was an accident. I can always tell. What I am still puzzled about is the color of the cat. In the stories my grandmother's cousin read to me all that summer, the cat was a black male. This one is gray, and I have no idea what sex it's supposed to be. On this side of the gate it looks so fierce and deadly, because it hated being imprisoned in here. On the other side of the first gate, the animals all looked happy, because they were free to come and go as they pleased. Only when we first came in, and I got to look back out towards the spiral staircase, did I see them angry on the imprisoned side."

Once he had the key firmly in his left hand, he used his right to slowly push the soft fingers still absentmindedly holding the skirt up too high back down.

"She's gray, because in twilight, a black cat would stand out just as much as a white one. This way she could stand in the shadows right beside you. You'd never know that she was there, until she opened up her green eyes, and showed her teeth and claws as she leapt out at you."

Keeley shivered, but not in fear, but in sort of a honest readjustment of her own cherished memories.

"You might want to hurry up. I hope that bathroom is close, and not all the way down another spiral staircase!"

> > > > > > > > > < < < < < < < < <

"I'm sorry that we had to come down to the fifth floor. The alarms are all set upstairs, and if I opened up the security door to the sixth floor, we'd have more noise and company than I think you would want to have at the moment!"

The dark eyes smiled, even in the surprising dimness of the mundane fire stairwell. All routine drywall and metal edged steps, the walk downwards had been fine. But the continuing darkness was confusing and worrying her. She felt vulnerable for some reason, but not at any risk from the porter himself.

When he used both his access I.D. badge, and a pass code to open up the door, the fifth floor seemed almost smothered in total darkness to her eyes. She grabbed onto his shoulder, out of a sudden irrational wave of fear. He was startled, but thankfully didn't try to shrug or brush her off. His soft words helped her to refocus.

"This is the upper bridge level for the Accounting offices. It's kept dark at night, so the people down below, in either the gardens or down on the street, can't see light shining out from inside of it. It sort of spoils the illusion, seeing modern 'suits' walking around, when you're trying to pretend your in period correct Victorian London! Right? This way, see? There's a men's and ladies' on either side of the bridge. Go on in. I'll stay out here, to make sure no one comes in behind you. Ok?"

Keeley squeezed the porter's hand tight for a second, before she let it go. The way was clearly marked, and the appropriate symbols themselves glowed very faintly on the door itself. But when she went in, the huge room was even more pitch black, at least compared to the dimness of the bridge.

"It's even darker in here? There's no motion lights? The panel on the wall isn't even a proper switch, it's just flashing red!"

A truly irritated growl reminded her of just how volatile of a personality the young man could have sometimes. But at least it was honest. He wasn't used to obsessively hiding his emotions, or lying about them. Life hadn't forced him to do that, at least not yet.

"The last accounting manager was supposed to only turn off this floor's standard lighting. She must have used the wrong setting, and used the one that included the bathrooms. I'm sorry! I can't change that! I don't have the proper code! We'd have to go down at least one more floor, maybe two. My boss really wants the entire building shutdown in an hour or so, except for the shops and the restaurants. They can be closed off from either side of the main office buildings. It was designed that way. There should be some emergency lighting in there. Up in the ceiling. Wait! Hold on. Someone is coming towards the bridge, from the wrong side!"

The sound of low soft heels came only a few seconds after he had hissed at her. The next voice she heard was feminine, clearly older and very suspicious. At least at first.

"What are you doing here, young man? All the lights are off now on the third floor, too! I came up here to use the rest room and it's dark as well? Oh! It's you! Why are you guarding the women's bathroom? If that is what you're really doing? Always sneaking around! I really don't care who you are any more! All of your actions these days always give me the creeps!"

Keeley thought only for a second, before she rang out loudly and clearly in the darkness.

"It's ok! I'm all right! The conductor on the train wanted me to get the full tour, and I got to see the bridge's uppermost level. I couldn't wait to go! I knew that I would never make it all the way back down to that little dress shop, and risk it being occupied again! He's just doing what he was asked to do, and making sure that I don't get lost!"

The exasperated sigh reminded her of one of her own grumpier aunts.

"All these damn VIP's lately! Never know what to do or think about them! Or who they are! At least you, you little sneak, obviously haven't also been given the access codes to the lighting! Not yet! They certainly trust you too much already as it is! Must have been that damn black haired little witch, that screwed this up! Lowell, I'm certainly not going to try and go to the bathroom in the dark! But our 'conductor' will certainly here about this! Employees getting younger and more foolish every year! Soon there'll be just babies wandering around here! Having to walk up and down three full floors just to... "

The voice slowly trailed off, and Keeley's eyes had finally adjusted to the dim phosphorus light strips in the ceiling well enough to get around. She certainly wasn't going to try another bathroom now, and risk running into the crass woman again.

"I'm sorry about that. Old timer. Been around since the seventies, I think. Probably in her seventies, too. Will you be ok in there now? I can come in there with you, and try to bypass the lights. There is supposed to be a way, I think?"

He seemed both generally concerned about her, and willing to try to get the real lights on, but was clearly hoping that she could manage without making him embarrass himself any further on her account.

"No. I'll be fine. Just keep talking, so I know that you're still out there. Ok?"

> > > > > > > > > < < < < < < < < <

He jumped mid sentence when a soft hand slid on to his shoulder, and then went on to gently caress his neck.

"You rambled on quite nicely, and obviously never heard a thing. Is it possible to take a quick look from the center of the bridge? I know that we are running really short on time. My friends were right, we really do want to see the opening act. In fact, that is all we are going to be able to see. We don't even have the proper tickets for the featured band! No time for that anyway! We've got maybe a half dozen more planned stops tonight? I really only know for sure two other locations besides the blues club. The other three are sort of a secret, I guess. Like this place was to me."

Having already expected her request, he took Keeley's right arm and began walking the redhead towards the center of the bridge. The other reason for the dim, indirect lighting strips installed near the floor, was to cut down the inevitable reflections to almost zero. No mirror like images prevented them from seeing outside. Keeley's arm felt wonderful, and the soft clean smell of soap didn't compete with her wonderfully subtle perfume, if she was actually wearing any.

It seemed a good idea to keep quiet for a bit, as she looked back and forth from the garden maze to the fountain side. She clearly didn't have a serious favorite, and was torn in two, wanting to explore both of them equally. So her next question surprised him.

"Is the maze side really meant to represent the Lord's castle? And the little boat pond, the Pool of Sacrifice in the Forest Hall? All that order and man-made construction, with the very heart of a true superstition locked away in the middle? And the fountain side, representing the wilds of nature, with no roads or walls. And that tribe living in peace, and able to see everything around them? Free to go wherever they wished? Is this place really somehow that directly related to the old stories, regardless of which version you like best?"

He coughed a bit uncomfortably, but finally spoke out any way.

"No one really knows. Only the CEO does, I think. When the city and residents were all against us, and the corporate board in England was in full revolt over the location change? I don't know. I was told something just happened. It was before my time. I got a full tour of the buildings when I was still in high school and have wanted to work here ever since. In good financial years, they add a lot to the appeal of the place. Sort of a bonus to the people that work here. It makes money, too. Tourism, even local stuff, always does. We don't advertise, and keep the numbers of outside guests really low. No sense in getting overrun. Can I ask you a really personal question? Please?"

Keeley shivered again, and carefully disengaged her arm before she slowly nodded yes. It seemed a good idea to give her another few seconds, and let her look at the maze garden for an extra moment.

"Why do you really stay with Seth? Especially if you have a really good alternative? I could tell, just by the tone of Shelly's voice when she mentioned him, how much you like your other friend. The one from your club. I can't believe that HE wouldn't take you in, and isn't already head over heels in love with you. So why do you stay with your old boyfriend, when you're obviously so miserable most of the time?"

The redhead only shivered again, although it certainly wasn't cold on the walkway. But then again, Keeley was dressed only in thin silk, and thin enough herself so as to easily catch a chill.

"You weren't kidding, about it being really personal! These days, even I forget why I stay with my boyfriend. Except for one sure thing. I hurt everyone I get close to. Not like Shelly does, or used to. It was always a joke at the club, that it would be better for you in the end, to be 'The Bitch's' enemy rather than her friend. She used to use everyone! Eventually. The last few months, she's been changing, and usually for the better. But you'd have to really be close to Shelly to see it. She keeps her walls up pretty high. Me? I'm just cursed. I've hurt and disappointed so many people, even before I left home. My mom. My dad. My g-grandfather. My old high school friends. The few boyfriends I've had, in between dating my original childhood one, that I keep going back to. I really do believe that I'm cursed. I don't want to test my special friend's luck. He's been so good to me, and for me. Getting to know HIM these last six months? I don't want to hurt anyone any more, especially my special friend. And if I get much closer to him? I will. One way or another, I always do."

Keeley sniffled a little bit, but managed to hold back the real tears, because she obviously knew that her complexion would let everyone know that she had been crying for hours afterwards. Another sniffle or two let her continue without him having to prompt her.

"You're not supposed to fall in love with a customer. It so rarely works out. But HE would give me a real chance! I know that he would! It's just me that keeps him from asking and trying to. I'm too damaged. Too torn into pieces. No one, and I mean NO ONE, wants to put up with me. Not for very long. But it's when things are going really good, that I'm at my absolute worst! The mood swings. The lashing out. The irrational fits of anger. The crying spells. I even kick, punch and bite! Whenever I feel cornered, I freak out! I just don't trust that I'm ever supposed to be happy! If I feel that I'm starting to get close to someone that could perfect for me? Even for me? I actually sabotage it! Every time! So, I stay where I am, and urge HIM to do what I just can't! I keep telling him to get on with his own life. He says he'll be really busy, for just another few months. He's always so tired and exhausted! But he still takes time out for me! As much as I let him have. When his job finally lets him find real peace? Soon? He says that he won't take no for an answer from me anymore. I truly believe that. He will wait for me. Until then. Whatever it's costing him. Whatever I am selfishly making him endure."

This time, Keeley was the one that took his arm, and began walking them back to the stairwell.

"Seth is right about one thing though. I've been living in my own little dreamworld for months now, and it's only getting worse. I sort of have a fantasy of what my life would be like with HIM. Do you know what it's like, to just be able to fall into someone's arms? And have all your cares just vanish? To just touch someone, and have them instantly know whether it's best to just quietly hold you, get you to talk, or ramble on so you can hear their voice. I love to press my ear up against his chest, while talks to me! I wake up dreaming, every morning, of what sex would be like with him. How any time I wanted to, I could stop him in his tracks, and get down on my knees and take his cock into my mouth. Or if we were cuddling on the couch, push his head down between my legs, and know that he'd love to do that for me. Or be able to roll him over on his back, in the mornings, and tease his cock to life while he was still asleep. I'd wake him up by riding him, until I shock all the neighbors with my screams as I came? Or when he's so tired after a day at work, slip into his shower with him, and give him anything he wanted? To just be able to ASK for something in a relationship, and not be grilled about WHY I want it? Or why I haven't done something, that really I hate, recently enough for them? I don't want sex to be a competition! Or be coerced into anything! Ever again! I know, deep down, that if I wasn't in the mood, and HE wanted sex? I could say 'no', or simply, 'not right now!' Just as much as I know that if I had somehow misread HIM, and he needed me? Desperately? He'd TELL me how he felt! And give me a chance to change my mind, so I could offer him at least some other kind of comfort, just when HE needed me the most!"

They were standing at the locked stairwell door to go back up to the sixth floor. Keeley was shaking in pain and frustrated desire, but let his arm go anyway. He looked at her closely as he could in the dim light, and loved that the fierce dark green eyes didn't flinch as she made herself continue.

"For Shelly, sex is just a sport. Or a contest of wills. A way to exert her control. Or to cover up her own pain. She doesn't care about the costs to others, just as long as she gets her own way. Or that's how she used to be, before whatever the hell happened to her, that made her ask to move in with us! Now? I don't know what Shelly will be like, when she finally goes on the hunt again! And neither does she! It's going to be scary, for everyone involved, when she gets back to that part of her life finally. Me? And I hope HIM? I think I need sex like air! It's a natural part of who I am, at least when I don't over think it, and mess things up. We don't talk about that sort of thing, when HE comes to visit me at the club. He holds me. We talk, usually, about our week. I drink a little bit more, and take my clothes off, and dance and tease him for the rest of the night. But I don't risk my daydreams! I don't ask him anything I know that he's been dying to tell me! Or let him tell me those kinds of details on his own! I won't let him! I've lived without real HOPE for far too fucking long! I won't go back to that nightmare! Even if it costs me the chance of having the REAL thing with HIM! Not yet. I'd rather live my miserable waking existence, and have my good dreams again, than try to actually be with HIM! I'm just going to hurt us both! I won't do that! Not yet! Not as long as I can hold out! Not as long as he is still being overwhelmed by whatever the hell he really does for a living! I know he hasn't totally lied to me. He does have some sort of boring job. But there is something else! Or lots of something else's? Driving him, and driving him, and driving him! To complete exhaustion! But he is always there for ME, no matter the cost to HIM! I can't understand it! Or truly believe it! No one has ever treated me as if I was THAT special! Not ever! No one! NO ONE!"

The pain on Keeley's face was just too intense for him to endure any longer... and with his unused key card still in his hands... he carefully wrapped up the redhead in his arms and let her tearlessly sob into his shoulder for as long as she needed to.

> > > > > > > > > < < < < < < < < <

The brief walk, up the stairs to the gate level, had been done in complete and comforting silence.

Keeley knew that she should've felt totally embarrassed around the younger man, but she wasn't. When they got near the last steps, he halted her progress, so they could observe what her roommates were doing. Shelly had rather typically dragged a chair to the far gate, and was sitting and relaxing, sipping on what had to have been the very last of the second bottle of champagne. Her own boyfriend? Seth was nervously pacing back and forth, probably muttering under his breath.

About her.

The idea of just ending the entire night early struck her hard, and wouldn't go away.

The feel of something truly ominous waiting in the wings, about to sweep in and destroy all of their lives, kept her on edge. To just go home! Or finally find out where her only real friend really lived, and just show up on his door step! Or to just leave, get in their cab, and let Shelly stay in this wonderful building? So she could just tackle the cute porter, and fuck him right on the bridge?