All Comments on 'The Right Thing To Do'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 120 Comments (Page 2)
26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Again,for one of Bob’s good ones.

myaccountwontopenmyaccountwontopenover 1 year ago

When Marks said "I can understand that, but you will sleep better at night knowing you did the right thing." I thought, "you'll sleep better at night knowing your not Bubbas cellmate/girlfriend".

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Good story kept my attention all the way

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Some of these people here would complain if you hung them with a new rope

James G 5James G 5about 1 year ago

You need an editor, the amount of errors was distracting. And the idea was good, Susan was clearly a grifter, but it got a little convoluted. And the whole thing with Fran was implausible. Plus kids, even young ones, don't just switch that quick. Needs work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Interesting twists. Would have been easier to see a reconciliation with Francine if she had simply asked for a divorce claimingnshe was unhappy and not having the old, rich guy in thr equation. That doesn't mesh. Ironically the rest of her story sounds so stupid and sad as to be true. Infertility and sterility are no jokes and each of them lied for the same reason with devastating results. But odd that both Lee and Susan died in car crashes driving Chevy Tahoes. Wonder what is the real reason that Lee abandoned them in town.

SyzyguySyzyguy9 months ago

A neat story with an interesting twist. Thank you for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

5 stars! You had a couple of very cleverly developed parallel plots going in this one. A most satisfying read! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

@ cracker270. "Some of these people here would complain if you hung them with a new rope." And get a chafed neck? WTF are you thinking? Used rope is so much softer and easier on the skin.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not bad. Four stars worthy, despite some real issues, like the kids switching off their mother, with a simple she went to the Angels, and of course the lack of background for the kids in the new town. Yes, some real issues. But four stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You done good Bob.

☆☆☆☆☆

ReadyOneReadyOne9 months ago

"Best of JPB". I look right through the holes each time I read it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Creative story with two parallel plots. But was kind of emotionally stunted, nit much pathos. Some missed opportunities. First her "husabd" Tommy dies overseas in Afghanistan and then two days later,etc he has setup a safe deposit box for her with fake identities and money and info for Vatamn Island, before being killed by thr mafia. And no questions why her story was so different? I suspect Francine did not have full vaginal sex with the old rich geezer..Blowjobs, handjobs and a lot of groping and kissing, I suspect but she held rhe cards to wait til the divorce. She left to spare her husband her infertility. But lot of missing pathos. Half the fights are abut her clothes being sent to Goodwill and her getting upset. They had more meaningful atiff to discuss. Both lied setting her planned abandonment to spare his feleong with her inability to carry a life inside her. Sad and tragic. Infertility and sterility are big subjects. Always seems to hit the wife the hardest..glad they got.bacj together. Good story, evolved over time. Glad they worked it out.im the end.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Kind of sad no one could drive when stressed and the kids so willing to find new parents.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Despite some plot.hopes or missed opportunities, this is one of the author's best stories. My only beef is the kids were beyond emotionally resilient. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This story was devoid of emotions.

60022Mallard60022Mallard2 months ago

ignore the knockers!

A solid 4 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

It is a fun little fantasy until he takes back the cheating wife. That and kids instantly calling her mom ruins it for me.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Fun, although how he might have built a life with that beautiful bank exec-fraudster who was manipulating him, that is a mystery that remains.

Although he and Francine have resolved their major problem with each other (a little quickly, really, but this is a short story), fertility and kids, the definite emotional and probable physical cheating with Daddy Moneybags has not been addressed.

Good fun read

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

I like this story but I would rather a few details were different. To me it didn't make sense if they were trying for kids but took 5 years before seeking a doctor. 6 months to a year if they sincerely wanted children. I also didn't like that the children were essentially a prop in the story till the very end when it was finally about them. I would have preferred to see more of his building relationship with the kids since he wanted children and his marriage ended because of it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...