The Rose Diaries Ch. 23

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RoseB
RoseB
275 Followers

Any and all excitement drained from the group. They fell into stunned silence at James' words. They had worked so hard together, fought together, and almost died together. They had survived hell only with each other's help and now that their freedom was finally so close that they could taste it, they would have to say goodbye to each other?

For Peter, this was a hard task but not impossible. He loved his comrades and fellow escapees, but he needed to return home but for the others?

This was their family, their life, the only ones who they depended upon for years. He understood their pain even if he did not feel even half of what they did.

"I," Carl sighed. "I'm not going with you and Peter, James. I'm not going to an airport. I'll find another way back home."

"Me too." Darwin nodded. "I don't like flying. I'll find my own way."

"You sure?" James cocked an eyebrow.

"Yes."

Yes." They both answered in unison.

"Alright." He sighed. "Then it's just me and you, Peter."

'Okay." He nodded. He couldn't help but feel everyone's eyes upon them. Then he felt Blossom pull him into a hug.

"I'm going to miss you, Peter. You're fucking dumb and reckless but I love you, man." He sniffled.

"Thanks." He nodded as the tears formed in his eyes. "I'll miss you all."

"Don't be sad, you guys." Clover smiled as he wiped away the tears from his eyes. "Yeah, it's over. But isn't that a good thing? It's not so much a goodbye but more so a miracle that we can even leave. This is the happiest thing we could ever wish for. Not being raped, sold, or kidnapped again but to go our own way. Don't think of this as goodbye. Just as much as it is a conclusion."

"Yeah." Peter sniffled. "I suppose that's true."

"Besides, as long as we're under the same sky, we'll be brothers till the end."

"Yeah." James called back as he wiped his eyes. "Brothers forever."

"Brothers Forever." Brian called back as he lay a hand on James' shoulder.

For a moment there was silence until James began to cry and then the rest of them joined in until a symphony of their sorrow, their pain, and their love for each other was the only thing that remained. Tomorrow may be a new day, but it was the end of their long journey.

For tomorrow, Peter would be back home. For tomorrow, the nightmare would finally be over.

They had won.

The boys of Blackstone had triumphed

Preview of Chapter 24: A Dream Come True

THE FINAL CHAPTER: Goodbye and Good Luck

RoseB
RoseB
275 Followers