The Savage

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PastMaster
PastMaster
1,529 Followers

We were careful to ensure that she didn't come into the shop, which is a dangerous place, but the office was safe enough and even got a lot cleaner due to Monica's efforts.

After a couple of months of dancing around each other, I was building up the courage to ask her out on a date, when Bethany, in the manner of children, hit me with the mother openings.

I had had to go out of town for a two-day car show, I had been chasing a particular part for an old car and was reliably informed that there may be someone at the show that would be able to help.

I came back, disappointed since he didn't have what I needed.

I arrived back at the shop mid-morning and went into the office to let Monica know I was back.

Bethany looked up as I entered the office, and with a ringing cry of "Daddy!!!" ran to give me a hug.

Monica froze, looking like a deer in headlights. I have to say I myself was stunned, but I scooped up the little bundle currently demanding attention and carried her back to her mother.

"I'm so sorry," Monica said, "I don't know where that came from."

I grinned at her.

"I think it's a hint," I said. "She's telling me it's time I got off my ass and asked her mom out on a date."

Monica blushed but looked at me levelly.

"So, are you going to?"

"I think so. But I'm not sure where she might like to go on such a date. Do you have any ideas?"

"Movies?" She asked. Inwardly I grimaced remembering my first date with Stephanie but I didn't let it show.

Despite the provenance, the date went well and almost a year later, Bethany was one of Monica's bridesmaids at our wedding.

Two more things of note happened that you may or may not be interested in, I'll let you decide.

About three months after Monica and I had started dating, I got a visit from the Sherriff. Apparently, Danforth's cellmate had told the authorities that that Danforth had confessed to him, that Mike's death had not been accidental. That he had died as a result of a drug overdose at one of their sex sessions, and the collapsed jack had been staged. There hadn't been an autopsy at the time as the circumstances seemed cut and dried. They were going to exhume his body and test for drugs.

If what the cellmate had said was true then both Danforth and Stephanie were facing possible charges of murder two at the least.

The other thing happened the week after.

Monica, Bethany, and I had gone over to see Bella, Jonathon, and the kids. At some point, during the weekend I had perpetrated some transgression or other, and Bella had slapped me around the head.

I was about to laugh it off, but Monica was having none of it.

"That is the last time you lay hands on my man!" she said coldly to Bella.

I opened my mouth to speak but Jonathon caught my eye and shook his head indicating that I needed to stay out of it.

Bella and Monica eyed each other like cats ready to fight, and then unbelievably Bella backed down.

"You're right," she said to Monica. "It's not my place anymore." She sounded sad.

Monica embraced her. "It's okay, I'll look out for him now," she said gently, and I realized that up until that point, Bella had still been acting in the stead of my mother, a role she had taken on after Ma's death.

"Take care of him," Bella said, softly placing her hand on my cheek. "He deserves it."