The Showgirl and the Engineer Pt. 12

Story Info
The ending Joe & Jessa ride off into the sunset.
2k words
4.71
5.5k
7

Part 12 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 11/15/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Oupa99
Oupa99
909 Followers

This is basically an erotic love story and of course all characters are over 21. It will definitely start out as a love story and continue to build with fiery passion. Please vote often (fives are most welcome) and of course please leave constructive comments. I love hearing from you and love your ideas for the continuation of this story or ides for new stories.

Chapter 27

Their predicament boiled down to this: they could stay, live up to their contracts and fight the board of directors or they could renege on their contracts and leave. Joe felt like he was running out on everyone if he left, because for all the engineering groups he had been running interference with the board, but right now his priority was Jessa.

The problem with breaking their contracts involved several areas. First, there were serious noncompete clauses if someone should leave before their contract was up. If they chose to enforce this, that meant that Jessa was out of a job for the remainder of her contract. That also meant that Joe was out of work in water and wastewater engineering, however chemical engineering was a broad enough field that many other opportunities still existed.

Second, was the unofficial blackballing of anyone that left. Both Jessa and Joe knew people that had been blackballed by the casino cartels. For most, it eliminated many of the high paying jobs and most people had to settle for second rate positions and it's possible they could have the same happen.

Third, was money. Both Joe and Jessa had their paychecks direct deposited into their bank account and both of them stayed inside the entertainment complex for the last six months. They did spend money on food and clothing inside the complex, but for the most part both of them had about five months' salary saved up. So, if they weren't to elaborate, they could stretch that to almost a year if they had to.

Joe knew they could pack up and blow this joint and the board would most likely never find them. He also knew that they would do everything in their power to keep them from ever working again. Joe felt like face-to-face negotiations was the best option, so he called the phone number the board had given him and set up a time for meeting later that day.

Both Jessa and Joe spent the day packing. They packed lite for a quick getaway, then packed their more personal items just in case he had an opportunity to take them with them. When the time came to go see the board of directors Joe gave Jessa a deep loving kiss and left. The long winding corridors didn't seem any shorter than the last time he had been here, but soon he was at the door.

Joe pulled his shoulders back and knock on the door. It was opened almost instantly and he was facing the same semicircle of men that had greeted him the last time he was here. The same two men in the middle that spoke to him last time stepped forward and bluntly ask him what was his decision.

Joe took a deep breath and began, "Jessa and I got married several hours ago, so I speak for both of us now. We want to start a life together away from here and would like your blessing. Ideally, we would love to terminate our contracts with no prejudice and begin to start our family. Jessa is off birth control and we are actively trying to have a baby together."

Joe was watching the faces of the men surrounding him as he spoke and he saw a dark cloud of anger across their faces as he spoke of terminating their contracts. The mood seemed to lighten a bit when he mentioned starting a family and Jessa trying to become pregnant. Apparently, all these men had families and that seemed to soften the mood.

The man speaking for all of them however, didn't show any emotion and after Joe finished his speech he asked, "What are you two prepared to offer for a no prejudice termination of your contracts."

Joe stood for a second about what he was going to say next. While he and Jessa wanted to leave immediately, he knew that if they wanted a no prejudice termination, they might be required to give a little. Joe cleared his throat and added, "Ideally we would love to leave immediately. We are prepared to give one-week notice, with the caveat that we do no new shows, only existing shows or obligations."

The gentleman speaking turned around and all of the man huddled, speaking in low hushed tones. After a few moments he turned around and with a smirk on his face he said, "One month notice and we can do any show we want... Take it or leave it!"

Joe felt his face get red, but he held his temper, "You gentlemen feel like we have no bargaining power, but we do. You expect us to do creative shows and dance while you bully us. I can tell you now that's not going to happen. I should also mention that our bags are already packed and we were prepared to leave today. I will go to two weeks' notice with the previous caveat in place. Take it or leave it and if you leave it, we are gone from here today."

The spokesman's smirk vanished from his face and for the first time Joe could see a little anger in his eyes. He could tell the gentleman were horrible negotiators, because they always felt they had the power and no one would ever cross them. They huddled one more time and when they turned around the arrogance was back on their face and Joe could tell they thought he was bluffing. Joe knew what he was going to say before he said it, but the spokesman added, "Our terms or take it or leave it!"

Joe looked each man in the eye and he saw several were unsure of their actions, but it didn't matter. Joe spoke in a hard determined voice as he said, "We had hoped you would be more reasonable and accommodating to a new family, alas it is not so. Thank you for your time and we will be gone within the hour!"

With that Joe turned and walked out of the board of directors' room. On his way back to see Jessa he knew this had been a long shot at best, but he held out hope they would negotiate. He stiffened his back and walked faster back to see the woman he loved. As he walked in the door Jessa tell by the look on his face what the verdict had been. She ran into his arms and for a few seconds they held each other tight, then she kissed him and said, "Let's blow this joint baby!"

Joe kissed her on the head, turned and went to locate a luggage cart. When he returned, they loaded of the cart and for the first time in six months walked out into the open sky of Las Vegas. Neither could remember where their cars were parked and they walked around the parking deck pushing the lock button on their cars fob and listening for the corresponding sound. They finally located both of their cars, loaded all their belongings and were ready to set out.

They drove to a Denny's to have lunch and to discuss what was next. They both knew the next few months would be very tough, so they decided to share their love and new marriage with family. They would drive to see Jessa's parents in Colorado and spend some time there before heading to see Joe's parents in Texas. They also figured they didn't need two cars and they could sell Jessa's Jeep Wrangler in Colorado and then travel together in Joe's Pathfinder.

In the back of his mind Joe kept hoping that the board come to its senses and let them leave amicably. He knew that would never happen, because board would have to admit a mistake. So, they drove for a little over nine hours to Glenwood Springs Colorado and stayed at the hotel of Glenwood Springs. It was a quaint little place and they enjoyed their first night together away from Las Vegas.

The next morning and decided to go take a dip in the Iron Mountain Hot Springs and after frolicking in the Hot Springs they drove another two hours to Denver. Jessa's parents were overjoyed to see her and there were lots of hugs, kisses before they sat down and talked about everything. They spent two weeks with Jessa's parents before deciding to head out and left more than half their stuff stored at her parents' house.

Joe had been making contacts with several recruiters looking for opportunities and was finding several along the Gulf Coast from Texas to Florida. As a matter of fact, he found a couple of positions even in Corpus Christi Texas where his parents lived. The drive from Denver to Corpus Christi was about 16 hours, so he figured they would stop in Lubbock for the night.

He was all packed waiting outside for his bride to finish saying goodbye to her parents and come out to see him. When she did his eyes bugged out and he knew all of his carefully laid plans were going awry. April was wearing a tiny bikini top and a pair Daisy Dukes that were basically the seams from the shorts and shouldn't have been considered legal. She was devastatingly distracting and he knew there would be some side trips along the way. He glanced behind her and saw her parents grinning knowingly.

A sexy smile on her face let them know that she was happy just where they were. Her eyes were luminous with the love she felt for him and for the thousandth time is heart responded. His insides turned into a mushy goo again as her love filled him to overflowing. She was leaving everything behind to come with him and that was an awesome responsibility, one he gladly embraced.

Jessa climbed into the passenger seat with all of her sexy parts threatening to spill out of that tiny outfit. After giving her parents a last hug goodbye Joe climbed behind the wheel and handed Jessa a large zippered CD case full of CDs and a Rand McNally map book. He smiled at her and said, "As my copilot you're in charge of music and navigation, so for a little while at least you get to tell me where to go."

Jessa gave him worried look that morphed into an impish little smile. She teasingly said, "Why don't you have a GPS? What happens if I get is lost?"

Joe chuckled and smiled. He knew with that sexy outfit and that impish smile there would be many detours. Joe already knew the route anyway, but decided to play along with her game. He got a pretend scowl on his face and said, "I guess if you get us lost, I will just have to find some way to punish my slave."

Jessa giggled, leaned over the console with her breasts dangerously close to spilling out of her skimpy top and nibbled on his ear before she seductively whispered, "Oohh Master, I will make sure to get us lost many times."

Joe couldn't help but smile and leaned over as he gave Jessa a devastating kiss. Their tongues dueled for dominance just like the very first kiss and they were both winners. Jessa sat back in her seat with a dreamy look on her face as Joe started the Pathfinder. The throaty rumble kicked in as they drove out of Denver.

They were heading out into the unknown. Their future was uncertain, as was their path getting there. However, they were together and would face whatever came unruffled. They both knew their love was all they had at this point, but that was more than enough to handle whatever came there way.

Jessa pop a CD in the player and as they reached the city limits the song Babe from Styx began blaring through the speaker.

The first chords seemed apropos, "Babe I'm leaving, I must be on my way."

End

Oupa99
Oupa99
909 Followers