The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 34

Story Info
Life discovered and the end of Book 1...
6.2k words
4.7
10.3k
20

Part 35 of the 45 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/01/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A huge thank you to my editor Tex Beethoven for another amazing job and collaboration, thank you Tex you rock!!!

Book 1

Chapter 34

The days flew by as Lily and Dante performed all their duties and responsibilities related to their Pack and their business. Triple S had been in full swing for a while and Dante was always very busy with it, as well as Lily who was helping out constantly. Lily had also taken on larger roles with the O'Connor family businesses, and when they weren't working on Pack duties as Alpha Heirs or in training of some kind, they were working on business matters. The little free time they had, mostly in the evenings, was spent together just being Dante and Lily. They relaxed, made love, talked about everything and anything, as well as dreamed and planned for the future and for their upcoming baby.

It was their favorite time, even though they got so little of it. That's why their weekends at the Cabin meant so much to them, the time when their only priority was simply to be together and be mates. They'd spent much of the prior weekend decorating the Cabin for Christmas, and they had even hung lights inside and out. Dante had cut down a small Ponderosa pine and placed it in the living room, where they put on some classic Bing Crosby Christmas music and made spiked hot cocoa (Baileys made it extra yummy, though only for Dante since Lily was pregnant) as they decorated the tree and sang the classics together. It was a cherished time for them, and they soaked it in every minute they could.

Christmas was on a Saturday this year, and Alpha Odin and Madame Alpha Victoria had released the Pack from their duties, giving everyone an extra-long Christmas weekend beginning Thursday after lunch. Thursday afternoon Lily and Dante said goodbye and Merry Christmas to their parents and their friends, as well as handed out the presents they'd gotten for everyone, then they left for the Cabin to return the following Monday. They knew that shortly after they returned, they would have their first meeting of the Packs to compare notes and plan for the looming conflict.

They arrived at the Cabin in the midafternoon and decided to unpack the truck, including the gifts they'd brought along for each other, and then make the drive into town to stock up on groceries and essentials for their extended stay at the Cabin. They made it back to the house with a large load of groceries, since they would be eating a lot more meals before Monday than usual.

Lily's appetite was just starting to increase, so she contributed to a few extra groceries as well, though most of that was snacks; she had started snacking and munching more frequently. Most lycans saw an increase in their food consumption fairly early after beginning their pregnancies, and Lily was simply following the normal trend. She wasn't showing yet, being only two weeks pregnant, but nonetheless Dante had taken to rubbing and kissing her belly whenever he passed her, or they were relaxing together. His pride in having a child with Lily was evident for all to see, which made Lily happy and a bit emotional.

They unloaded and stored all the groceries before making dinner that night. After dinner they wanted to do some traditional Christmas activities, even if some of them were a bit frivolous and childish. Neither of them cared about impressing each other, just pleasing each other, and this yuletide they just wanted to make the most of it and be together. They spent a while making gingerbread houses, each constructing and decorating their own, while Lily ate plenty of the supplies and decorations, making Dante laugh as she always had an impish and playfully guilty look on her face as she pretended to be sneaking the extra treats, but taking elaborate care to look sneaky so he'd catch her out.

Afterwards they decided to watch a Christmas classic, so they retired to the bedroom with the big TV and loaded up How the Grinch Stole Christmas. They cuddled in bed smiling and laughing at the show they'd both seen many times before. It was a wonderful start to their long holiday weekend, and neither of them could have asked for better. When the movie was over Lily was feeling amorous. This, of course, turned out to be a contagious condition via visual and tactile exposure and feverish, they made sweet and gentle love before finally falling asleep with Lily once again in her favorite spot.

They awakened on the morning of Christmas Eve, happy and warm inside their cozy house in the snowy wilderness. Dante set about making coffee and starting a nice fire in the fireplace. With Lily being pregnant, Doctor Marc had severely restricted her caffeine intake. She could either have one cup of coffee in the morning or one cola during the day, and this morning Lily decided on coffee. They sat in front of the fire snuggling and waking up, drinking their coffee. They were talking softly, enjoying each other's company as they discussed how they saw the next several months going with her pregnancy, potential baby names, what they might want for the nurseries, and anything else that popped into their minds. They spent quite a bit of time just sitting together idly talking in front of the fire and snuggling. When they were ready, they got up and took a relaxing shower as they washed and caressed each other and played around a little bit as well, since they were in no hurry to do anything today.

After drying off and getting dressed, they decided to go out on the snowmobile and have some fun. They had bought one when the snow first started to hit, thinking it would be useful in an emergency such as being snowed in, as well as a lot of fun at other times. There were some large meadows scattered around close enough that they could go bombing through them in the snow. They were out for several hours blasting around and laughing the whole time. It was a great way to waste several hours, and they had a blast.

They made it back to the Cabin midafternoon, where Dante made them a round of hot cocoa to warm up Lily and satisfy her sweet tooth a bit. Dante wanted to prepare a special Christmas Eve dinner for tonight, and had picked a medium-sized standing rib roast (having access to a massive cattle ranch had its benefits) that would feed both of them, plus provide a few leftovers to munch on over the next few days. He had prepped it and put it in the oven to roast slowly over several hours, and it would be ready that evening. He also started to prep Christmas dinner. They were going to cook their first Christmas Goose, and he was brining it overnight, so it would be as juicy and tender as possible for dinner tomorrow. He would be storing it in the garage overnight, since the garage was heated all winter long. It kept everything warm out there and made it pleasant instead of punishing when the temperature dropped to below freezing, as it so often did in Montana in the winter. When Dante had finished the dinner prep for tonight's dinner and tomorrow night's goose, he did the prep work for some of the side dishes, for the potatoes and veggies, and also the French onion soup he was making for an appetizer. He was going all out to make this an extra special Christmas Eve for her.

They had several hours before dinner would be ready, so Dante had moved them to the bedroom for the big TV, and they snuggled up and watched another Christmas classic, A Christmas Story. They both laughed at the movie, especially when Ralphie's Dad was trying to fix the furnace and was grumbling and cursing. It was always one of Dante's favorite parts, whereas Lily loved when Ralphie's Mom messed with the hated leg lamp 'award', driving her husband nuts.

When it was over they took another shower, and they teased and heated each other up, playing around. It would probably seem silly to others, but they wanted to dress up and have a nice dinner together as if they were going out, so after the shower they both spent time dressing nicely and getting dolled up. Dante was in a dress shirt, silver with black accents with the collar left open, showing off his mating necklace. He had on a pair of black slacks and the alligator belt Lily had gotten him in New Orleans, and a pair of Italian leather boots he'd purchased down there as well. He also wore the Richard Mille watch she'd bought for him. He had his hair in a tight ponytail with his wolf's head platinum ponytail holder as well. He cut a sharp figure and Lily smiled at him naughtily when she saw him finish getting ready.

Lily however, was an absolute vision! She had on a very tight and formfitting red silk dress with a deep plunging neckline cut down her front that went nearly to her navel, that was held together with a platinum chain just below her breasts to keep them from being too exposed. (Dante asserted that given the guest list for this party, there was no such thing as too exposed, but Lily refuted him by whimsically informing him buster, that tonight they were dining in a 'classy joint' and she didn't want to look cheap and have the maître d'hôtel look at her 'that way' again and make her wear a tie like the last time.) The dress, 'classy joint' or not, was very sexy, had a soft sheen to it and was sleeveless, held up by thin crossing straps and was cut above her knee. She wore four-inch red open-toed heels that stood her a bit taller, while pushing her perfect ass out. She had on her emerald bracelet and emerald earrings, and her hair was done up, held in place with the emerald jeweled combs, with delicate tendrils falling around her face and neck. She also wore her wedding ring and mating necklace. She was a goddess, completely to die for, and Dante's jaw was hanging open with his eyes hyper focused as he stared at her.

She walked up to him smirking, and with one finger gently closed his jaw before lightly kissing him and laughing softly, breathing, "Gotcha!".

Dante said reverently to her, "My mate, my Lily, you are the most beautiful woman in the world, and no man is as lucky as I am, being able to call you mine. You honor me, and every day you show me your love, your loyalty and your devotion. You show me honor as a man, a wolf, a mate, and now as the father of our child. I love you with every fiber of my being for all time."

Lily was tearing up at his heartfelt confession to her, and her heart swelled yet again with love for this amazing man. She lightly swatted at him, "Stop that, you're going to make me cry and ruin my makeup for you. I love you too, so very much, and you're the best man I will ever know! I'm honored as well to be your mate, and the mother of your child. Merry Christmas, my love."

They got their emotions back under control and went to their dining area. Dante seated his 'date' for the evening, went into the kitchen to dish up their meals and served them at the table, where a few candles were going and the light from the fire warmed the room, since the lights were dimmed down low. The Christmas Tree was lit up, casting multicolored flashes of light everywhere, and it all set the perfect mood. The standing rib roast was mouth-watering, and melted upon your tongue, and the French onion soup was a delicious pairing. The potatoes and veggies were cooked wonderfully and completed a fantastic meal. They ate and fed each other, smiling and laughing and sharing little kisses throughout the meal.

Most anyone watching would have found them adorable and think they had just started dating, and would have been more or less correct since it had been only about six months from the day they met, but this was how they were and how they would always be. To them, it didn't matter how long they had been together or where life took them, they were committed to showing their love and devotion to each other in every way they could, no matter the company or setting. This is how they would remain. To most, this was what true love was supposed to be, and it warmed their hearts. For those upset or offended by such public (or private) displays of affection, they didn't care, and those people could go to hell for all they cared.

After the meal was put away and cleaned up, they wound up in their favorite spot on the couch, snuggling together. Dante pulled out a small box and handed it to Lily. "I know it's only Christmas Eve, but for many there is a tradition of a single gift being opened this evening, and I want to start that tradition with you. I hope you like it."

Lily smiled at him and unwrapped the box before opening it. Inside was a platinum locket the size of a silver dollar in the shape of a heart, with two howling wolves facing each other on the front. She opened it, and on one side was a picture of them kissing at their mating ceremony while the other side was left blank.

Dante explained, "The right side is empty, so we can put a picture of our little one in it when he or she is born, and update it year by year with our kids as appropriate."

Lily's eyes were wet as she threw her arms around him and kissed him deeply, "I love it baby, it's so perfect! Where will I wear it though? I always wear my mating necklace."

Dante smiled at her, "I had the loop made the right size for it to hang on your necklace, so you can always wear this, too. Would you like my help putting it on for you?"

Lily nodded and turned around, so he could reach the clasp. He undid it and threaded the locket on, and she turned around so he could see it hanging on her necklace, resting against her breastbone; it looked beautiful on her.

"It's perfect Dante, thank you so much! It's wonderful, and it's already such a special memory! I love it and I love you!"

She got up and selected a present that had been squirreled away under the tree. She sat down and handed it to Dante. "Since you gave me one tonight, I want to do the same. Open this one for me tonight, ok?"

Dante smiled as he took the package and carefully unwrapped it. He opened the box, and inside was a beautiful bracelet in platinum. He took it out for a closer look. The style matched his mating necklace. Embossed on it was a curved shield with his symbol on it, with a crescent moon on either side of the symbol, bracketing it. It had three charms hanging from the heavy links, a ruby carved into the shape of a lily representing his mate, a large wolf carved from obsidian for his own wolf, and finally a set of small wolf prints for the child they would soon be having. It was beautiful, and it made his heart clench with emotion.

He was choked up, and he needed to force out his words haltingly. "Baby, this is incredible, and so beautiful and thoughtful, I can't even begin to tell you how much I love it!"

He turned it over and saw on the back of the plate was the date of their mating engraved into it. He smiled widely, remembering that night as the best ever. "Would you help me put it on, my love?"

Lily smiled and took the bracelet from him before clasping it to his wrist and smoothing it on his arm. It looked great on him, and she loved seeing how much it clearly meant to him.

Dante swept her into his arms and kissed his mate deeply and passionately, making Lily whimper with his ineffable love wrapped almost tangibly around her. They cleaned up the wrapping paper and packaging before settling in on the couch again.

Dante got up and went to the bedroom before returning just a minute later, carrying his guitar. "I thought maybe I'd play a little and sing for you, would you like that tonight, my love?"

Lily smiled and nodded her head enthusiastically, "I'd love that, baby, you know how much I love it when you sing and play for me!"

Dante strummed the guitar a little, thinking of what to play. "This is a classic, and couldn't be more true for how I feel and see you tonight. It's a song by Eric Clapton called 'Wonderful Tonight' and it's all about you." He started playing before his voice began flowing out like liquid silk.

Lily was smiling and leaned in and kissed him gently, telling him how beautiful the song was, and how much she loved him. She asked for another song, so Dante thought for a minute before he spoke, "This one is from Old Dominion and is called 'Wrong Turns' and I think you'll like it." He started playing before he started in.

Lily loved the song and told her mate so, it was fun and sexy and overall just a great song. Dante continued to sing and play for a while, some songs that he chose and a few that Lily requested. It was getting late by that point, so they decided to call it a night and went into the bedroom and undressed before sliding into bed, where Lily claimed her favorite spot as they fell asleep.

***

Both Lily and Dante awoke midmorning on Christmas and headed into the kitchen after putting on some comfy flannel clothes. Dante made coffee as normal, and they sat on the couch, sipping their morning caffeine, Lily's only source of it for the day thanks to being pregnant. They relaxed and enjoyed the morning before they decided to do presents and start Christmas. Dante had grabbed a camera to take some pictures and he had also snapped a few last night, no doubt many from last night and today would be framed and hung up around their Cabin and suite.

With their coffee partially drained and the rest being sipped, they sat in front of the Christmas Tree and handed out presents to each other. Dante wanted Lily to go first, so she picked out a present and removed the wrapping before opening it. Inside was a beautiful pair of black Tahitian pearl earrings that hung delicately, with accents of pink diamonds. Lily gasped, "Oh baby, they're beautiful, thank you so much, I love them!" Dante smiled and snapped a few pictures while she oohed and aahed over them.

Lily said it was Dante's turn, and had him pick one out and open it. His eyes went wide as he saw a beautiful oversized tanto-shaped dagger that matched his twin katanas. Lily explained, "When you got your blades, I had this commissioned, knowing I wanted to give it to you on Christmas. The same smith, Akitsugu Amata, made it for you, and the blade and sheath are the same as your katanas. It has the blood-red ruby and garnet lily on the sheath, and the mother of pearl crescent moon inlaid into the handle. It's small enough that you can wear it daily, and I thought you'd like it."

Dante was in awe, it was absolutely amazing, and so thoughtful! "Lily baby, this is so incredible and beautiful, I absolutely love it and will wear it all the time! Thank you so much, I can't even say how much I love you!"

Lily had a huge smile on her face and was thrilled he liked it so much! They traded opening gifts back and forth for a while. Lily wound up with an incredible leather and fur jacket that was darkly tanned, lined in fox fur in red, brown and tan. She also got a new Saint Laurent black leather purse for use out and about, as well as during business dealings. She got several beautiful new dresses, and even a couple sets of sexy unmentionables that she was excited to model for him.

Lily spoiled Dante just as much: he wound up with a small pile of presents as well. Lily got him a new money clip in platinum and gold of a wolf's head, to replace his worn-out wallet. He also got a sexy black leather jacket that Lily thought would look smoking hot on him, several new shirts, some of them dress and others more casual, and a large iPad Pro for use with his business when he went out and discussed bids or other business dealings. When all but one gift had been opened by each, and Lily and Dante had the last ones in front of them, they paused.

Dante spoke, "I had you save this one for last, since it's your 'big' gift for Christmas this year. Go ahead and open it."

Lily ripped open the wrapping and ribbon before finally getting to the box and opening it. Inside was a Rolex Pearlmaster watch, set in rose gold with pink jubilee and diamond face and accents.

12