The Silver Guardian Bk. 02 Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Everyone smiled and laughed a bit at Lily's warm and frank words, they knew that their friendship would be a strong one and run deep, it was already developing quickly as was their trust in each other.

For the remainder of the flight everyone relaxed and took a nap to recharge and get ready for their next leg of their journey. It would be a short time until they landed at a private terminal at the Casper International Airport.

***

Dante and Lily deplaned in their private terminal and walked through the gate with the Hellhounds taking up positions around them. They were surprised to see a small gathering of people waiting for them. Astrid and her team tended up and went on alert waiting to see who they were and what was going on while Dante and Lily scanned the near empty area. They cautiously approached and stopped in front of a commanding and petite woman with a few men and a few women flanking her. The petite blonde stepped forward and even though she was small she commanded a much larger And imposing presence. She was wearing a dark cowboy hat and was dressed as a very attractive and well put together rancher.

"Dante and Lily I'm hoping, is that right y'all?"

Dante cautiously out out his hand and shook his head yes.

"That's right, and I apologize but who would you be?"

The blonde stepped up and firmly shook his hand, Dante was surprised at her grip but pleasantly so.

"I'm Alpha Mary Winslow of the Thunder Basin Pack, pleases to make your acquaintance. You arrived right on time and I'm itching to get back to the Ranch. Would y'all follow me and we can get out of here and back to more familiar and comfortable ground? I'm not much of a city woman and am looking forward to putting on a nice spread for y'all back at the ranch."

Shock could be seen on Dante's and Lily's faces but they quickly relaxed as did Astrid and her team.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Alpha Mary, we weren't expecting to meet you at the terminal since previously we've been met by senior Betas and meet the Alphas of the Pack once we arrive. I am Alpha Dane Silvrash and this is my mate Madame Alpha Lily Silvrash, it's a pleasure. The women with me are our personal guard starting with Astrid, Brynhild, Hilde and Freyish. Thank you for coming all this way to meet us and I look forward to seeing your Ranch and having a great home cooked meal."

Mary laughed a bit, "I do things a bit differently than most other Alphas and like to be involved directly in most things. Don't let my size fool ya, I'm meaner and nastier than anyone here and can whoop any ass in my Pack. Let's get going, as you can tell I'm not exactly as formal as most are and like to keep things simple and a bit more personal, hope that doesn't bother you."

Dante and Lily smiled broadly at the feisty woman before Lily responded.

"That suits us just fine Mary, I think we are going to get along famously and have to say I really like your attitude and spirit. I think we are going to have some fun!"

Mary and Lily laughed together before they all turned and headed out of the Airport and headed towards the vehicles in the parking garage.

Dante and Lily and Astrid wound up in the SUV with Alpha Mary and one other wolf that hadn't been introduced yet. Mary was in the passenger seat with Dante and Lily behind and Astrid in the rear row with the Beta driving.

Mary started talking as they drove. "It's a bit of the drive back to the Ranch so we have some time to get to know each other a bit. The big man driving is my Lead Beta and Level 5 Zack Winslow, he's my cousin and we grew up together in the Pack."

Zack turned slightly and dipped his head, "Nice to meet you."

Mary started back up. "I noticed you introduced yourself and Lily as Alphas, last we heard when we saw you at the Alpha Conclave you were Odin and Victoria's Alpha Heirs, what's changed?"

That ended up starting a similar repeat and conversation that was had with Dakota and Aponi at the Kootenai Pack and lasted most of the drive to the Thunder Basin Ranch. Mary was just as surprised as Dante and Lily were expecting her to be, but she wasn't the reverent type and settled for being polite but straight to the point.

"Well that's a helluva story and quite the shock. I actually had heard that prophesy as a young girl in my Pack as some still hold by the old ways which I support. I saw what you did the that shitbag Demitri and believe what your telling me, that was something to see let me tell you. Bastard deserved every bit he got and I happened to like the justice you took for his insults and treatment of your sexy mate. I've got no problem accepting you as the Silver Guardian and Lily as the foretold Great Love. The part about you being King and Lily Queen is a bit harder to swallow, but our Pack remembers when our kind lost the Royal Bloodline and we know how that ties into the prophesy, so I don't have a problem with that either honestly. I won't be bowing down and kissing your or Lily's asses but you have my respect and allegiance and when the time comes we'll take the fight to that right bastard Viktor and fuck him up. Eventually we will also accept your leadership of our race when that time comes as well. I'll explain it to my Pack when we arrive so they can celebrate. Many of the old timers and even some of the younger generation have always wondered when the prophesy would come full circle and be fulfilled and this will be like a fairytale to them, they will want to celebrate."

Dante smiled at Mary appreciating how earnest she was and that she didn't beat around the bush, it was something that he had missed from his military days but was refreshing.

"Thank you Alpha Mary, we appreciate it and it's good to count good people like you as allies. Trust me when I say we welcome this and will fully support you and your Pack. Our other allies have had nothing but good and honest things to say about you and that's what led us here. We need to band together and get all the support we can to remove Viktor and the infection that he and his allies are upon our race as quickly as possible. Luna herself has tasked Lily and I with cleansing our race and pushing back the darkness that has descended on us, and we intend to do just that starting here at home. May Luna have mercy on them for we shall have none."

Mary grinned a predatory smile at that.

"I like the way you think Dante, that snake deserves that and worse. We will kick some ass and rid us of his misogynistic self. I happen to especially hate fuckers like him."

At Mary's harsh and unapologetic tone and words Zack barked out a laugh as everyone else smiled. He spoke after he stopped laughing.

"She means that, you won't find anyone like that in our Pack, our Alpha here has made sure of that and everyone is treated equally and with respect. If there is even a hint of it Mary finds out and beats the shit out of them to teach them otherwise. It rarely takes more than one application to fix that attitude, I'm here to tell ya. She runs us hard, but no one cares more about her Pack than our Alpha."

Lily smiled at that and responded to him as well as Mary.

"That's what we like to hear. That's how Dante and I feel and how we act as well. It's also how we are running our own Pack and will start in earnest once we leave for Germany. Right now Astrid and our Hellhounds are our only Pack members, but we care very deeply for them and have the utmost respect for them. We ask a lot but we try to give back just as much."

***

A short while later they rolled up the the main Ranch House. The Thunder Basin Pack his in plain sight as one of the largest cattle ranches in Wyoming. Between all of the ranch-hand's houses, outbuildings, the main ranch house and other structures, it would be damned hard to tell it was anything other than just a very very large ranch that was quite profitable.

Everyone disembarked the vehicles and Mary addressed everyone.

"This afternoon and evening are pretty relaxed. We know you all have been busy and also have been traveling so we will guide you to your rooms and allow you to relax and freshen up for a few hours before dinner. Dinner will be served at 7pm and then y'all can hang out or go to bed or whatever the hell ya want to do. I'll be spending the time bringing the Pack up to date on everything and letting them know what we decided."

She paused while everyone acknowledged the schedule before she addressed Lily and Dante specifically.

"Tomorrow we will do breakfast and then spend most of the day in discussions working out details and what we need to do regarding that rat-bastard Viktor. Tomorrow night after dinner we will go on a Pack Hunt and run. Your last day here we have planned as a big party and celebration and I'll let you know more then."

Lily and Dante smiled liking the idea of having a bit of time to relax and settle in, they were only halfway through the Packs they were to visit and it had been busy. Some time to shower and maybe even take a small nap was welcomed. Lily thanked Mary before they were to follow a few of the wolves to their rooms.

"Thank you Alpha Mary, we appreciate your thoughtfulness and will enjoy some downtime before seeing you again at dinner."

With that everyone grabbed their luggage and trundled off to shower and rest up.

***

Dante and Lily as well as the Hellhounds were seated at a large table with Alpha Mary as well as her Lead Beta Zack and a few other wolves in the dinning hall. Everyone else was sitting at long tables chowing down on the delicious food. Being a cattle ranch it was no surprise that tonight's dinner was beef. The Pack Cook had done it up right with some BBQ beef country style ribs, corn on the cob and homemade corn bread. Dante and Astrid and her Hellhounds were all enjoying a beer with dinner and Dante was lucky enough to have one of his favorites, a Lefthand Sawtooth while Mary was drinking whiskey on the rocks and a brand from Wyoming called TinCup. Conversation was light and easy going since they all knew there would be plenty of time to talk tomorrow and we're just enjoying tonight.

After dinner was over Mary led everyone around the Ranch House and on a nice walk outside to enjoy the stars that were out in abundance. The evening was cool since they were still at the tail end of winter in Wyoming, though it was still nice and rather mild for the season. They wound up back in the large great room where many of the Pack were hanging out and relaxing after a long day. Lily saw a few acoustic guitars set out and got Dante and Mary's attention.

"Mary, I see a few guitars over there that are out. Dante happens to be quite the accomplished guitarist and I was hoping I could convince him to play a few songs and that you wouldn't mind him borrowing one of the guitars."

Mary broke into a broad grin,

"Hell I love music and would be mighty pleased listening to a hunk serenade us girls with some music tonight. I'm sure the Pack members that are here would enjoy some music as well, so have that sex machine of a man of yours get his cute little ass up on that raised portion and play some tunes."

Lily decided to play it up a bit and turned to Dante and raised her eyebrow and gently bit her finger looking sexy and innocent like she was trying to convince him, knowing full well he'd do anything she asked.

Dante laughed at her antics. "You know damn well I will do anything you ask you minx so don't even try that, I'd love to play a few songs tonight so just give me a minute to get warmed up and I will play a few.

Soon Dante was ready to start playing. A microphone and a few speakers had been quickly found and setup.

He stepped up to the mic, "I'm going to be playing a few songs tonight so I hope you enjoy the music. Since I see most everyone enjoying a drink tonight I'm going to start off with a great drinking song. This is Eric Church's Jack Daniels and should be a fun one."

Dante started playing to applause of the song choice. At the appropriate spot he started to sing.

... I've got a reputaion going around, i aint never been the kind to back down

I've thrown a punch or 2 and gave a few black eyes

but jack daniels kicked my ass again last night .

yea i hung in pretty good for round 2, but he dont fight fair like daddy tought me too...

Dante sung for several minutes with everyone joining him for the lines of Jack Daniels kicking his ass again last night, and having a great time. He wrapped up to loud applause and took a moment to have a drink of his beer before going onto the next song.

"I've done a few small concerts for my old Pack before and have always enjoyed singing and playing for everyone. This next song is one I've played several times before but is one of my favorites and my lovely mate happens to love it as well, so here is Kane Brown's Heaven."

This is perfect

Come kiss me one more time

I couldn't dream this up

Even if I tried

You and me in this moment

Feels like magic don't it

I'm right where I want to be

Everyone's talking 'bout Heaven like they just can't wait to go

Saying how it's gonna be so good, so beautiful

Laying next to you, in this bed with you, I ain't convinced

'Cause I don't know how, I don't know how, Heaven, Heaven

Could be better than this...

When he wrapped up the applause was again loud and long, especially from the female crowd.

Mary and Astrid were standing near Lily when Mary leaned over and spoke to her.

"Damn girl you are one lucky woman, that is as sexy of a man as there comes and he looks like a God. If you're not fucking his brains out and riding that stallion every chance you get them there must be something wrong with you. I'd be busting that bronco nightly and be happy to walk bow-legged around the ranch every morning afterwards."

Astrid chimed in too, "We have one fine King Alpha, that was so hot my Goddess! I can only imagine what it was like going into heat with that hunk of grade A prime beefcake!"

Lily smiled wickedly at the women, "Oh trust me I'm riding that cowboy every chance I get and the things he does to me should be criminal. If you think he's sexy now you ain't seen nothing. When he gets out of control and full of lust he takes possession of my body and leaves me a quivering wreck who can barely move let alone walk. He's the most amazing lover you could ever imagine and has the equipment to make a girl scream like she never has before."

She got a sharp look on her face then though, "Just remember he is mine and I don't fucking share, so look all you want and fantasize but he is mine and my little kitty is the only one he will ever be feasting on and enjoying."

Mary and Astrid and the rest of the girls started laughing before they all looked at Lily and pumped their eyebrows up and down at her.

Freyish decided to be a bit cute, "We got the message Lily, but trust me, fantasize we will and many a lovely night."

Everyone broke into raucous laughter at the dirty proclamation before they finally calmed down and focused back on the makeshift stage.

Dante stepped back up to the mic, "I'm going to do a great song by Chris Stapleton. This one is called Parachute.

... You only need a roof when it's raining

You only need a fire when it's cold

You only need a drink when the whiskey

Is the only thing that you have left to hold

Sun comes up and goes back down

And falling feels like flying till you hit the ground

Say the word and I'll be there for you

Baby, I will be your parachute...

Everyone loved the classic sound and great song. Dante got ready to move onto his next song.

"Being that it's a beautiful night out and the darkness has set in, I think this one will go over well. This is Sound of Silence done in the style of the band Disturbed who recently did a remake of this song."

Hello darkness, my old friend

I've come to talk with you again

Because a vision softly creeping

Left its seeds while I was sleeping

And the vision that was planted in my brain

Still remains

Within the sound of silence...

Dante's deep and rich voice was perfect for the song and everyone loved his take on it, thinking it was even better than the original done by Simon and Garfunkel.

"Ok this will be my last song of the night and it's one I listened to many times when I was in the service and on tour in some Hell hole. I hope y'all enjoy, this is Otherside by the Red Hot Chili Peppers."

... How long, how long will I slide?

Separate my side, I don't

I don't believe it's bad

Slit my throat it's all I ever

Pour my life into a paper cup

The ashtray's full and I'm spillin' my guts

She wants to know am I still a slut

I've got to take it on the other side...

Dante wrapped up and everyone was cheering and yelling for the great little concert he put on.

He put the guitar away and hopped off the stage and walked up to Lily and the other girls.

Lily was smiling naughtily and jumped into his arms wrapping her legs around him before kissing him passionately and stealing his breath. The other girls started gathering around and cheering her on before she finally came up for air and moaned loudly.

Dante was grinning like an idiot, "Damn that was a helluva welcome back honey, love you too!"

Everyone socialized and had a few more drinks before turning in for the night, ready to wake up early the next day and get to planning and working through details. Dante and Lily had to bring Mary up to speed on everything they knew and what the next steps were and get her take and opinion on things too.

***

The next day started early with a hearty country breakfast before they moved into Alpha Mary's office and spent most of the day into the late afternoon in discussions and planning working out nearly everything they needed to. All of their allies were working on information gathering and strategies for how to deal with Viktor and how to support each other. They knew that there could be a call for armed response at any time to any Pack and there would be an instant response. For now Mary's Pack like the others would focus on training and readying for battle as well as the digging and planning they would continue to do.

They had a great dinner of chili in bread bowls and camp beans with fresh salad.

After dinner Mary gathered her Pack as well as Dante and Lily and the Hellhounds our into a clearing behind the Ranch House. Most of the Pack was going on the run and hunt with most of the youngins and some of the Elders and parents staying behind to watch the Ranch and kids. Mary addressed everyone before they shifted and got ready to leave. Dante and Lily and the Hellhounds were all going and would be leading with Mary and Zack.

"Tonight we celebrate Luna and our Pack by going on a Pack run and hunt. Since we have some guests joining us I will say that we have herds of antelope here that we call Prong Horns, they are medium sized and quite fast and agile. It should make for a fun hunt. Now I'd like to call Alpha Dante and Madame Alpha Lily up here and we will all shift and start the hunt."

Lily and Dante walked up to Mary and soon shifted, though they were wearing their new harnesses as they almost always did now so they kept their weapons.

Lily and her wolf were as beautiful as ever and many stared, but it was Dante who commanded the most attention, especially from his Hellhounds who had never seen him before. Dante's gargantuan midnight black wolf towered over everyone whereas Mary and Lily were pretty evenly matched with Mary's wolf being gray and tan in a beautiful coloration. Lily walked up to Dane licking his muzzle and running herself down both of his sides mixing their scents together.