The Surrogate Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mila and Peter were both stupefied with what the Reverend revealed next.

The underground meth lab was an amazing sight. The Reverend led them down a flight of stairs and they went through an airlock and stood on a viewing platform watching men in protective clothing manufacturing methamphetamine. The Reverend droned on about acquiring precursors, the manufacturing process and the state of the art technology employed which ensured the product was manufactured to maximise profitability.

Mila's head was spinning by the time the tour was completed and they were driven back to the waiting limousines where Sarah was waiting for them. This time Peter and Mila were bundled into the same car as the Reverend and Sarah, the convoy had reduced to two vehicles.

Peter and Mila had remained pretty much silent throughout the tour, partly from fear but mostly from amazement at the extent of the Sons of Jehovah drug manufacturing capability.

"So Peter, you know all about how the Sons of Jehovah make the millions of dollars that you help us park offshore, put through our legitimate businesses and hide from the authorities. I'm surprised that you never figured out that we could never make enough money from just the production of marijuana," the Reverend said as Sarah passed around bottled spring water.

"And you, miss nosey-britches, you know things that you were never meant to and probably don't want to. I know that Peter told you that knowledge is power but that it is also dangerous."

"So why the tour Ronald, why did you lift your skirts?" Peter asked the question both he and Mila wanted answered.

"Look Peter you already knew enough about our businesses to make your contribution fundamental to our financial success but we were prepared to allow to leave when your contract was up. But you are a victim of your own success and have made yourself indispensable to us."

"As for the beautiful but unique creature beside you Peter, she poses us a problem. She didn't really know too much about our business until you for some reason decided to pander to her curiosity and tell her about, shall we say, the dark side of our business."

"I told you that sometimes corporal means are a better method of keeping women in line. The Apostles are the only church members who have any idea how we make our money and they tell their wives very little. The lower Orders of the church are sheep; they know nothing of what we do on the ranch."

"There are very few women that we trust with such confidences, Sarah being one."

"But you bus spinsters out to the ranch every Sunday!" Mila interposed.

"They only see the Chuck Wagon and the bunkhouses. They know not to ask any questions," Sarah piped in.

"So what are you; their den mother?"

Sarah just smiled and deferred to the Reverend.

"Getting the conversation back on track. You both now know the finite details of our operation so you must realise that neither of you could ever be allowed tell anyone what you saw today."

"Look, we aren't your: blessed are the meek, turn the other cheek kinda Christians. We're more your: eye for an eye, whatever a man sows, this he will also reap, type Christians."

"The easy solution would be for you both to simply disappear, that would be very easy to accomplish but I'd rather keep Peter alive and well and doing for us what he does best. That will of course mean that you Mila keep up the charade of being his loving wife, although it's hardly a charade any longer is it?"

Mila looked at Peter and gave him a wan smile.

"We're heading back to the Supreme Temple where I have called together the Council of the Apostles. Of course I always have the final say in how my church is run but it's always best if I have their support."

"When we get there you will have a decision to make. This decision will likely be the most important decision you have ever made and it will have to be made together and it will be binding. Mila you have already made one life-changing decision, you are about to make another."

The Reverend shut down any further conversation and kept himself amused by making small talk with Sarah whilst openly fondling her and she him."

Mila and Peter were astounded. Their lives hung in the balance and the Reverend Ronald Hayes amused himself by canoodling with their housemaid. The situation was both bizarre and incomprehensible.

When they arrived at the Supreme Temple Peter and Mila were hustled into the Reverend's private office.

The Reverend took a seat behind his desk and Peter and Mila sat in the comfortable wing-back chairs, Sarah took a seat beside Mila.

"Our children are raised and schooled in the tenets of our religion and as I have explained, at maturity they decide to stay or leave," the Reverend continued the conversation they were having in the car.

"You know about our three Orders, the Acolytes, the Patriarchs and the Apostles. Our congregation is a hierarchical pyramid both religious and secular. The higher your standing in the pyramid the higher your rewards both divine and worldly."

"My great grandfather devised a religious order that satisfies the needs of men, to keep them comfortable, content and loyal."

"It's easy to keep men happy. Give them what they want: money, sex and power. Top that off with a belief system that is ingrained from birth and you can build utopia, which is what Redhaven is to the Sons of Jehovah."

"You know how the money and power parts of our religion work and you have some inkling as to the sex, but not the full picture."

"There are cults out there where the guru, swami, whatever name they give themselves, has the right to mate with any member of the female congregation. How the male members of these faiths condone that is beyond my comprehension."

"But here, as you already know, there is a practice that allows men to share in the bounty of the women in their Order. Once a couple are paired the man may decide to share his wife with another man of the same Order and he may partake of that man's wife."

"Wife swapping!" Mila blurted out.

"Nothing as crude. It is part of our tenets and keeps men and women from the temptation of becoming unfaithful, we call it the sharing," the Reverend corrected her.

"But the women have no say," Mila retorted.

Peter took her hand and squeezed it. The last thing he needed right now was a combative Mila.

"The women have already decided when they Paired and entered the church of the Sons of Jehovah. Our church is not called the sons and daughters of Jehovah."

"I tell you this Peter and Mila so that you know what awaits you should you join our Order. I am offering you what I offer my Apostles, money, sex and power."

Peter and Mila look at each other with stunned amazement.

"We will double your wages and you Peter will live like a king and Mila, you will be his queen. So here is your one time offer to join the Sons of Jehovah."

"Should you elect to join us I will put your names in the Book of Pairings to sanctify your marriage in our church. It is that simple."

"And the alternative?" Peter asked.

The Reverend steepled his hands under his chin and gave them both a steely stare.

"Sarah and I shall leave you to deliberate and then you will advise the Council of the Apostles of your decision."

The Reverend stood up from behind his desk and Sarah arose with him.

"We have already decided," Mila declared.

Peter was shocked and Mila gave him a look that indicated that he was not to interfere.

"Where do we sign?" she asked.

Mila stood and leaned down and offered her hand to Peter who took it and arose.

The Reverend walked over to the Book of Parings and was joined by Sarah.

"Are you sure? I need to hear from both of you?" Reverend Hayes said gravely.

"I am," Mila replied.

"I am," Peter also replied.

The Reverend began to write in the Book of Pairings with an ink pen which he dipped into an inkwell set into the plinth.

"Will you witness?" he said to Sarah.

"I'd be delighted," Sarah beamed.

He offered the pen first to Peter who looked down into the tome and saw the names of Peter and Mila Randal entered into the Man and Wife columns respectively. He signed against his name and then Mila signed. Sarah signed as witness and finally Reverend Hayes signed with a flourish.

"Welcome to the congregation," the Reverend beamed.

He shook Peter's hand firmly and kissed Mila on the mouth, holding her close, the kiss lingering. Sarah kissed Mila's cheek and she gave Peter a long lingering kiss.

"That's it?" Peter asked almost incredulously.

"That's it. Of course you will both require religious education but Sarah can school you in your home. She will first educate you in our order of service so that you will not be embarrassed on Sunday when you are formally presented to the congregation," the Reverend explained.

"Tonight you will lie together as man and wife for the first time under the Order of Apostles of the Sons of Jehovah and tomorrow, as is the custom, you will host your first communal dinner for members of your Order."

"Peter you will decide who to invite but I suggest that you invite those in the Order that you are already comfortable with. After all, it will be the first time that you partake of the sharing. Sarah will assist you with the preparations and tell you what to expect. Now come and meet the rest of the Apostles," the Reverend took them each by the elbow and guided them to the door leading to the Council chambers.

*****

After their resounding welcome to the Order of the Apostles and congratulations from all, some more enthusiastically than others, Peter was required to remain behind to conduct business with the Council while Duke Russell was in attendance.

Mila was escorted to the limousine with Sarah and they went home.

As soon as they were inside Mila went straight upstairs to her bedroom without saying a word to Sarah. She took off her jacket and sat on the bed feeling numb. She knew that she and Peter had escaped death but at what cost? They were now members of the congregation of the Sons of Jehovah, committed for life.

There was a soft rapping on the door and Sarah entered holding two gin and tonics. She sat next to Mila and offered her a glass which she took silently.

"Do you mind if I drink?" Sarah asked.

Mila burst out laughing. It started as a deep down chuckle, became a loud cackle and finally a shriek. The shriek metamorphosed into a sob and then a crying jag. Sarah let Mila exhaust her emotions and sat silently beside her on the bed. When Mila began to calm down Sarah took Mila's drink and put it down with her own on the bedside table. She caressed Mila's back affectionately and Mila fell into her arms and cried on her shoulder.

Mila stopped crying suddenly and disengaged from Sarah.

"Get my cigarettes. I'm sure you know where they are," Mila said through gritted teeth.

Sarah took off her jacket and hung it over a chair and went into the wardrobe and took down the shoebox where Mila kept her Marlboro Menthol Lights, her lighter and a smokeless ashtray. When Mila smoked she usually did so out on the balcony but today she could care less. Sarah could sense the ambience and she took a cigarette and lit it and gave it to Mila along with her drink. She shook the packet at Mila, signalling that she would like a cigarette too. Mila shrugged her shoulders indicating that she didn't care.

Sarah lit up and sat on the bed, putting the ashtray between them.

"Why are you still here?" Mila finally broke the silence.

"I'm still your housemaid," Sarah whispered.

"You mean Ronald's spy," Mila spat.

"Not any longer. There is no need."

"So the cameras, the bugs the tracking devices; they will all go too?" Mila said caustically.

"There are no cameras Mila. The only microphone is downstairs and it will soon be gone, as will the gadgets on your phones and other devices. Someone will do it discreetly. All Apostles have tracking devices on their vehicles and phones, it's a safety precaution not a means of spying. It worked for you at LAX."

Mila grunted.

"If you are no longer comfortable with me Mila I can be replaced. But I hope you don't. I really like you, I've always thought we were friends."

Mila turned to Sarah; unconcealed rage on her face.

"I know that you always thought I was a spy but we shared so much. I told you things I shouldn't have but I will always be faithful to the tenets of the SOJ, I had a job to do."

"You knew I was transgender from the start," it wasn't a question.

"Not initially but I began to suspect. You were paranoid about me never seeing you naked or helping you dress. You didn't want me anywhere near your underwear but I found the brassieres with the prosthetic inserts and your soiled panties had no evidence of vaginal discharges."

"We had no privacy at all did we?" Mila shook her head.

"I was told to search everywhere and search often, especially when you first arrived. I told Reverend Hayes my suspicions after the first week or so but by then he already knew, probably from your conversations with Peter, your phone calls and your online activity which were all being monitored."

"Not that I have any say in the matter but I was one of the ones who supported you. When I reported to the Reverend, I told him that despite your deception that I thought you were a decent person and could be trusted."

"Hah! We've all been lying to each other for two years, don't use the word trust!"

"Why worry about the past? Your life is now ordained, you can have anything you want, go anywhere you want, do anything you want within reason."

"I'm trapped in a gilded cage, a prisoner in paradise," Mila responded.

"Oh pooh to prisoner in paradise Mila! You are the envy of every Acolyte and Patriarch; they are happy with their lot but everybody always wants more if they can get it. Stop the pity party."

Mila couldn't help smiling when Sarah used the same mild expletive she had used on Sarah when asking about her trip to Bali.

"Can I say something to you that is true?" Sarah asked butting out her cigarette.

"Yeah... let's have some truth for a change," Mila crushed out her butt.

"I was genuinely happy when you went to get your breast implants; I knew that meant that you were committed to being Mila for the rest of your life. I was even happier when I witnessed you and Peter falling in love with each other. I think I knew that Peter loved you before he did."

"The way his attitude to you changed over time, how he came to revere you. The little gestures, the way his face lit up when you entered the room, the way he came to genuinely care for you. Being an outside observer, I think I had the opportunity to see things differently than you or Peter did; I could see the whole."

"I was overjoyed when you two paired today and being your witness is a life-long privilege that I will treasure. Despite the subterfuge I think I have grown to love you both."

"Can you deny that you have been happy for the last two years?" Sarah asked.

"There is that I suppose. I was wondering what would happen between Peter and I when he finished here in Redhaven, now I'm stuck with him for life," Mila smiled timidly.

"You don't mean that. You love him I can tell. Also, you do realise that you are not technically stuck with just him for life, I have to tell you about the sharing."

"Oh yeah, that's right. I get to be passed around, that's something to look forward to. At least because I'm a freak there won't be that many that want me," Mila bowed her head.

Sarah gently lifted Mila's head and leaned in and kissed her cheek softly.

"That is so not true. The women of the Sons of Jehovah gossip just as much as anybody else. There has been plenty of curiosity about you amongst the Acolytes and their wives and plenty who have speculated what it would be like to lie with you."

Mila was only human, her interest was piqued and Sarah could tell.

She took Mila's hand in her own.

"You know how beautiful you are, not just physically. Desire is not always just lust," Sarah whispered.

"I'm a money-hungry mercenary who is prepared to do anything to survive," Mila replied softly.

"And keep your husband safe. And ensure that both have a wonderful future. You are beautiful Mila," Sarah stroked Mila's cheek.

"You keep saying that and I..."

Sarah cut Mila off by placing her lips on Mila's and gently kissing her. Mila didn't move, she was caught by surprise at the gesture.

At this moment in Mila's life she needed affection, she needed to be comforted, she wanted to feel safe, but Peter wasn't here. Her closest friend for two years was kissing her and it eased her pain, it soothed her, it seemed to be exactly what she needed.

Mila relaxed. For the first time that day she felt calm. Sarah's soft lips against hers felt soothing and appeasing, she returned the kiss and she felt as if a huge burden had been lifted from her. She didn't need to think about anything, she could just seek comfort in Sarah's soft caress.

Sarah put her hand on Mila's shoulder and pressed harder and Mila turned towards her and they embraced. This was the juncture, the turning point and they could both sense it. Do they break the kiss and profess that it was a comforting gesture between two friends or do they continue and see where it leads?

Mila opened her mouth a little and Sarah tentatively offered the tip of her tongue. Mila sensed Sarah's tongue slip into her mouth and she met it with the tip of her own. The women teased each other, softly caressing their tongues together, tasting each other's lipstick, inhaling each other's scent.

A cloud passed over the sun and the room darkened. Mila reached out and found the remote control on the bedside table and flicked the switch to lower the blinds.

The darkened room nurtured their intimacy and the lingering soft kiss became progressively more eager, more vehement as their lips pressed harder.

They allowed themselves to fall onto the bed, lying side by side, legs overhanging the bed. Mila looked down into Sarah's soft brown eyes and saw tears. She lowered her face and kissed Sarah softly and opened her mouth a little. Tongues once again met explored, tentatively at first, then amorously.

Mila straddled Sarah and stroked her face softly as they kissed, she delicately drew her fingers down Sarah's long neck and caressed the velvety flesh. Sarah gasped. Mila's hand continued downwards to Sarah's blouse and began to slowly unbutton it. Sarah put her hand over Mila's and stopped her.

They broke the kiss.

Sarah looked up at Mila, her eyes wet and gleaming.

"Are you sure?"

Mila lowered her face and kissed Sarah, her response being physical rather than spoken.

They could both sense that the yearning they had nurtured and supressed deep down igniting into passion. They kissed deeply and amorously, any pretence that they were simply consoling each other was gone. They unbuttoned each other's blouses and helped each other out of their skirts.

Mila stripped Sarah down to her black lace brassiere, satin-and-lace boy-leg panties, smoky-grey sheer hold-up stockings and black high heels. Mila was left wearing sheer, taupe hold-up stockings and a red satin bra and panty set and a pair of cherry-red high heels.

Their need to embrace and connect with each other forestalled them undressing further and they both loved the feel of satin and lace caressing their skin.

Sarah lay on her back with her head on the pillows and Mila climbed on top of her. Crouched over Sarah with her blonde shag hanging over her smudged eye makeup and smeared cherry-red lipstick gave Mila a sexy predatory look that Sarah found exciting. Her heart was pounding in her chest.

Mila noticed the rise and fall of Sarah's chest and her ragged breathing; she too felt her heart pumping and her breathlessness. Mila lowered her face to Sarah's and crushed her lips, driving her tongue deep inside her mouth. She eased Sarah's breasts from the cups of her bra and used her hands on them. They were larger than Mila's but just as firm and Mila felt Sarah's nipples harden as she stroked and gently squeezed them.