The Sword of Aviondore

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Colleen Thomas
Colleen Thomas
3,942 Followers

"Thank you, I...I needed that...I will answer any questions you have now,"

T'larin questioned the girl until well into the morning. There was still much she needed to ask, but the healer in her saw that the girl was in need of rest and so she reluctantly ceased her interrogation and descended the ladder. She was walking away from the tree when she realized she had not even asked the girl's name.

An orcish host on the border was not something to be taken lightly and T'larin spent the whole of the day anxiously awaiting the arrival of the guards. The news that the force on the opposite side of the river numbered in the thousands was shocking, almost unbelievable, but for some reason T'larin did not doubt the girl. Near noon she decided that the information had to reach the king and sent runners to Silverwood to inform them. She expected Aladar would call for the host to be raised against the orcs, regardless of his wishes to stay out of the coming troubles.

T'larin fretted and paced, often starting at sounds. Her men would never be able to stem such a tide and her only hope now lay in the arrival of the guard. They came late in the evening; some two hundred strong lead by the dashing Captain Findalus Farseer.

The guards were the shock troops of Silverwood and together with Knights of Corinthia formed the armored core of any sylvan army. T'larin was glad to see them, even if she was less than enthused over their leader. Farseer was a good leader and well loved by his men, but he was vain, arrogant and haughty. He also considered himself to be handsome and charming and was almost as well known for his amorous adventures as his battlefield exploits. He had tried on several occasions to charm his way into her bedchamber, but T'larin disliked him and would have none of it. Unused to being rebuffed he had made his displeasure known and her brother had actually started out from Aslaheim with a few friends to teach him some manners before Aladar had stepped in. It had hurt the dashing captain's pride and vanity to be forced to apologize publicly and T'larin knew better than most that he harbored a deep-seated resentment of her.

Their meeting was as unpleasant as the last time. He seemed determined to minimize her position and take command for himself. As time passed and she refused to bow to him his comments became more snide and barbed. After two full hours of dealing with him and the snide comments she was ready to kill him herself, but Ral stepped in then.

Farseer had just stated that his command and authority exceeded her own and that he was taking command with or without her ascent when she felt Ral move. The old elf said not a word but stared Farseer down while his hand gently caressed the knife that hung at his side. Findalus Farseer was brave to the point of recklessness, but he feared Ral and his face blanched before he looked away. Turning on his heel Farseer strode off ordering his men to the ford without a backwards glance.

"Too long in the company of men," Ral spat.

"What do you mean?"

"He has been too long in the presence of men. His duties carried him to Waterdown for many a year and he has become more like a man than an Elf. There is something about the younger races that can kindle fierce emotion in us if we are not careful," he said and then looked at her meaningfully. T'larin did not look away and merely nodded before she turned and walked back to the fire. There was so much to do and she feared that time was not her ally.

T'larin made the rounds of her defenses before she climbed wearily up to her platform looking forward to her bed. She had barely put her feet down when the girl spoke.

"I don't mean to bother you, but could you answer some of my questions now?"

T'larin nodded and sat down cross-legged in front of the girl. She wanted to go to sleep, but she also wanted to talk to this strange woman.

"What would you like to know?"

"Your name would be a good place to start," she said. The chiding was gentle and unlike the not so subtle barbs flung by Farseer she detected no malice in them.

"I'm sorry, you must think me very rude, my name is T'larin Aviondore, but you may call me Tee. T'larin is rendered in the high speech of the North and some elves have trouble pronouncing it, I am sure for you it would be an even greater challenge,"

"My name is Tess," she said quietly.

"Well met, Tess,"

"Are you the leader of these elves? I have watched you all day and you seem to be in command,"

"I am Marcher Lord, I guess that puts me in command. In reality we are not as rigid as humans, most of the rangers follow me because they choose to. Only the troops you saw arrive this evening have a real commander,"

"The tall elf. I did not understand the words, but he made me angry,"

"Angry?"

"He was being mean to you, at least. at least it seemed like he was to me,"

"And that angered you?"

"Yes,"

T'larin laughed for the first time in two days and really meant it. She was not sure why, but the fact that Farseer's treatment of her angered Tess made her feel good inside.

"Tell me about yourself," Tess said after T'larin had recovered herself.

"Well, you know my name. I was born in Aslaheim in the far north. My father is king there and I grew up in the palace. When I reached maturity I traveled to the other elvish realms and acted as ambassador for my father. I stopped here in Silverwood long ago and found I loved the woods more than the mountains or the sea. I gave up being ambassador and told my father I wanted to stay here which did not please him. I learned the bow and the arts of healing and traveled with the rangers helping the forest. Last year King Aladar asked me to become marcher Lord and I accepted. So here I am,"

"You aren't married then?" Tess asked. The question caught T'larin a little off guard and the expression on her new friend's face was also puzzling. It was hopeful, like a child at gift giving time. T'larin was usually very guarded in giving out information about herself, but she answered before she thought.

"No, I have yet to meet anyone I would give my heart to,"

Tess tried not to smile, but T'larin caught a satisfied little grin before the girl could look away.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"Don't be," T'larin said. She was confused by Tess's reaction and by the question, but decided it was only her weariness and let it go without further comment.

The questions continued to come, and T'larin found herself answering them even though she was not used to revealing so much about herself. Tess's curiosity about her seemed boundless and T'larin found that she rather enjoyed the attention. She had always thought of herself s a solitary creature, but the evening of questions and laughter made her realize that she was lonely. This girl put her at ease and she almost happily let her guard down. She was reluctant to put an end to it, but she had to get some sleep, tomorrow would be a dangerous day for her to be less than her sharpest. So she bid the girl to rest and crawled into her bed falling asleep almost instantly.

=============================

T'larin was instantly awake. She held perfectly still and let her eyes adjust to the darkness. She was sure it was a sound that had awakened her, but she could not remember what sound. It came again, a soft moan, unlike anything she had ever heard before. She immediately assumed Tess was having difficulties and rolled over to go and see if she could help, but the sight that greeted her froze her in place.

Tess was lying on her back and had kicked off her blanket. Her left arm was cradled across her chest and her palm was spread wide over her right breast. As T'larin watched the girl's hand rhythmically flexed, deeply massaging her breast. Her eyes were tightly shut and she was chewing on her lower lip as her body spasmed.

T'larin's eyes traveled slowly down the girl's body. Her soft skin seemed to glow in the weak firelight and was covered in a sheen of sweat. Her legs were spread, but her hand covered her pussy. All T'larin could see was her hand rubbing in a slow circular motion. As T'larin watched the girl's hands began to work faster and a series of tiny sounds escaped her lips. Her feet drew up and once planted on the platform her pelvis began to rock. T'larin wanted to turn her head, but she was riveted, like a bird staring onto the eyes of a snake she couldn't move a muscle.

Tess's hand circled faster and faster and T'larin could almost feel the tension building. She saw Tess's stomach muscles begin to heave and knot as her pelvis pressed upwards and fell back to the matt. Her body seemed to quiver with energy and as she rocked her breasts bounced gently on her chest.

Both of the girl's hands were between her widely splayed thighs now. T'larin would never know how long she sat and watched, but after a time the girl's motions became frenetic and she tensed suddenly. Her body went rigid and only her feet and shoulder blades were touching the platform as he back arched upwards and a series of breathless ejaculations began to flow from her mouth.

"Oohhh...Ahh...Uhha...uhhha...please..Please...Oh god!" With this final exclamation her body began to twist and contort. T'larin was not sure what had happened, but she knew instinctively that the girl had reached her goal. Tess rolled over onto her side and curled up hugging her legs to her breast and a long sigh escaped her lips.

T'larin eased herself back down onto her back and closed her eyes. Her nipples were hard and she could feel wetness between her legs. She was excited, repulsed, confused, and titillated all at once. She fought to keep her own hand from easing down her body and mimicking the girl's.

Tess was still basking in the glow of her orgasm and her next utterance almost caused the elf woman to give away the fact that she was not asleep.

"Mmmm God, T'larin..." she cooed. It took her a few moments to even realize the girl had pronounced her name correctly. The question of why her name, in that context would not leave her mind. T'larin closed her eyes and tried to relax, but sleep was long in coming.

=====================================

The next morning T'larin rose early and tiptoed across the platform in order to keep from waking Tess. She had barely reached the ground when a runner came up with news that the orcs seemed to be massing for an attack. T'larin sounded her silver horn and grabbed her bow. As she rushed out of camp she caught a glimpse of Tess staring at her from the edge of the platform.

She reached the ford with the rest of her men just as the first wave of Orcs broke from the trees and wildly charged. A withering hail of arrows met them, leaving most of them down before they reached the water's edge. Those few that reached the river were feathered before they could reach mid stream.

All was quiet for a few minutes and then with a whoop another wave of orcs burst out of the woods. For hours it went on, runners brought up whole bundles of arrows and archers joined her sporadically through the day as the rangers she had called the night before began to arrive.

They came none to soon for like the inexorable rise of the ocean each wave of orcs got a little closer. There were hundreds down and only the gods knew how many hundreds more had been washed down stream in the strong current. Yet, still they came showing no fear of arrows or sunlight.

For all the attacks not a single Elf had been so much as scratched. It appeared the orcs had no archers with them or if they did they did not have the range to shoot from the concealment of the woods to where her men were gathered. In the late afternoon the attacks stopped and a strange quiet descended. T'larin leaned heavily on her bow and shook the sweat from her eyes. Ral moved close and sat down, the old elf seemed tired but she knew he would be the last of them all to falter.

"They seem to have stopped," T'larin ventured at last.

"They have taken our measure," he said flatly.

"What do you mean?"

"This wasn't an attack my Captain. They were not seriously trying to ford the river today. This was just to see what our numbers were and what our range was. Tomorrow they will come for real, after a night of drinking and whipping themselves into a frenzy,"

"You can't be serious Ral, their losses were staggering"

"Aye, as staggering as the number of ants who die taking down a field mouse. They do it with numbers girl, that's where their strength lies. They just wear an opponent down with sheer numbers. If they had succeeded in killing one of us today they would have been ecstatic. It would have been a light price to pay for a dead archer,"

As the words sunk in T'larin's head began to spin. She realized that what he said was true. She could not imagine another day of this, they had already reached the near bank and if that was just a probe of her forces.

The last attack came at dusk and it was the most powerful yet. Orcs reached the near bank and some even reached the tree line before being felled by the guard. As she trudged back towards camp she faced a tough decision. Her march had already served its purpose. Silverwood had been alerted and she had bought them enough time to begin marshaling the elvish host. If she abandoned the river and stole away during the night many of her men would be saved. On the other hand every minute she stood was precious time to get the far-flung families behind the Singing River and get the defenses built up. There was also the girl to consider, it was unlikely that she would be allowed into Silverwood proper even with T'larin speaking for her. She was too weak to make the long march to Queen's Ford on her own and T'larin felt responsible for her. At least that's what she told herself.

Her mind was sluggish and she realized the sleepless night had done her no good. She needed to rest, to rest and to think. She dully answered a few questions from runners before ascending to her home. She barely had time to get to her bed and collapse before a runner came in from Silverwood and she was called back to the forest floor. Tess gave her a worried look as she climbed down and T'larin forced a smile for the girl's benefit before climbing down.

"Mi Lady T'larin?"

"Yes,"

"The king sends his thanks. The muster of the Silverwood has begun, but we need more time. His Majesty asks how long you think you can hold here."

"Tell his majesty we will hold as long as we can, but he must not count upon us holding through the morrow,"

"That is ill news."

"The orcish host is beyond count. Such a gathering has not been seen since the host of Kalouth was crushed. You will have to trust to the mercies of the Nero'Larta for more time, burn the bridges when you return,"

"Lalean protect us. If we burn the bridges how will your men get back?"

"We aren't coming back," she said flatly.

He looked at her sadly and bowed. Then backed away and turned to begin the longest run of his life. T'larin looked to Ral who, as ever stood nearby.

"Tell the rangers and Farseer. Any who wish to return had best begin now. If we fail to hold tomorrow the orcs will travel swiftly and overtake all in their path,"

Ral smiled, "All is not lost Mi Lady. The old prophecies foretell that no orcish host will ever prevail as long as one of the line of Aviondore still wields Angrost,"

She smiled and touched the blade at her hip. She felt renewed and full of energy suddenly, but the feeling faded when she removed her hand from the well-worn hilt.

"The prophecies are inscrutable and I have never placed my faith in them,"

"Nay, you have grown in wisdom since you were a child, but you have never taken them to heart. Yet, none have ever failed to predict the future. The seer's of old saw far and were never deceived,"

"Yet ever do they speak in riddles. Always the prophecies fulfill themselves in a manner unlooked for. Even so, the prophecies also foretell that Angrost will end the line. Perhaps on the morrow I shall be forced to fall on that blade rather than be dishonored,"

"Would that I could foretell what the morrow would bring, but I can not. I can only say that we shall fight and if we should fall, it will be a tale long remembered in song,"

"Yes, our passing will at least earn us a place in the leys if any are left to sing them," She said before turning and wearily climbing back up.

Once she reached the platform she collapsed on the bed. Tess came up and sat on the bed next to her. The human girl wore her red stockings and one of T'larin's old shirts. It was stretched ridiculously tight over her chest and the Elf could easily make out the girl's stiff nipples.

She caught herself staring and felt a blush rise to her cheeks. The girl smiled down at her and then brushed a strand of blonde hair from T'larin's face.

"You look like you could use a bath," Tess said.

"Aye, and a few days of sleep. But I will get neither I fear,"

"Was it that bad?"

"I fear I have saved you from taking your life only to doom you to having to do it again. Were that you were an elf, I would have already sent you back to Silverwood, but you are human and the warders will not allow you to cross the Nero'Larta,"

"Enough of these dark thoughts, I will get you some mead and prepare a bath for you," Tess said quietly. Her voice was soft, but there was something in it, a kind of breathless expectation. T'larin's mind was so dulled she did not catch it, however.

T'larin started to protest but Tess placed a finger over her lips. The contact was electric and T'larin felt her stomach lurch. She thought of protesting farther but she was so tired and it felt good to be babied on occasion, even at her age. The mead was cold and T'larin drank it quickly. She had not had any water through the long hot day and by the bottom of the second glass it was beginning to affect her. She watched as Tess heated water over the cook fire and poured it into the brass tub that she considered her one luxury.

It had been made in Waterdown by a dwarven smith who was down on his luck and transported by flatboat to the ford where several volunteers offloaded it and manage to get it to her platform.

Tess brought her another goblet of mead and handed it to her. T'larin started to put it down without taking a sip, but then she though, why not? It may be the last chance I get to enjoy it. She did not notice the sly look Tess gave her as she savored the sweet mead.

Tess came over and caught one of T'larin's boots in her hand. She had to tug at it several times before it finally came free. The second boot was even harder to get off, T'larin had turned her ankle somewhere in the previous days fight and it was still swollen enough to make it hard to remove the boot. It finally came free and T'larin wiggled her toes enjoying the freedom. Tess caught T'larin's arm and pulled her up to a sitting position.

"Your bath awaits," she said with a smile. T'larin studied her companion carefully. There was an air of expectancy about her, a mingling of hope and doubt was written on her pretty features.

"And where are you going while I bathe?" T'larin asked. The question was not a difficult one, but you could not tell that by studying Tess's features. She seemed to be fighting a struggle within herself before she finally screwed up her courage and replied.

"I am not going anywhere,"

"No one has seen me unclothed in more than two hundred years," T'larin said. Tess seemed to have a hard time believing it; it took her a few moments to remember that she was in the presence of an Elf.

"I find that...hard to believe,"

"Tess, I have watched the world for over a thousand of your years, when I was born your tribe was not even begun yet,"

"I did not doubt you because of the years, all know that elves are immortal, at least practically immortal. I just cannot believe that someone as beautiful as you has not had many lovers," Tess said. She seemed to be in earnest and T'larin found the tables turned. Now she was not sure what to say. Perhaps it was the mead, or perhaps being so near a human had begun to kindle in her some of the recklessness of this younger more passionate race as Ral had warned her. Whatver the cause her next question shocked her.

Colleen Thomas
Colleen Thomas
3,942 Followers