The Tattooed Woman Pt. 35

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The thing turned to him, and he had a brief moment to take in her wild smile and glittering red eyes before his world shifted.

The mist parted and he saw the standing stones and hills were just gone, and now, in their place, the streets and building of some strange city surrounded him. The flickering of witchfire lanterns illuminated the scores of Dark Elves who were even now turning their dark eyes towards him.

"am?"

He hung his head with an exasperated sigh, "Fuck..."

...

Aventine paused at her breakfast and cast her eye back and forth across the table between the two of them, taking in the bruises, the dishevelled appearance and strong smell of drink, "What happened?"

Garrow's nose was badly swollen but at least the cut to her arm had stopped bleeding while Hildegard looked like she'd been thrown into a midden and was sporting a spectacular black eye, "I thought you said she was an innkeeper?"

"She is!"

There was an audible crack as Garrow finally reset her nose and cast an aggrieved eye at the Dark Elf, "Well, for an innkeep she has quite the temper. She just missed me with a damned crossbow and then caught me across the face with a barstool, and that was before she got her damned hands on her bloody sword. if she hadn't stopped to catch the serving wench she'd like as not have skewered us both."

"Wait... You threw a serving wench at her?"

"Umm, a bit. Well, more pushed than threw... Uh, pushed lightly," she glanced at Hildegard who was still gingerly feeling at the bruise to her lip, "am I in trouble?"

Hildegard hissed in discomfort and looked up, "What? No, it's alright, mostly."

Aventine stared, "Mostly?"

"Yes, the serving girl is fine, I think it was Sala that got the worst of it."

"Sala?"

"Headbutt."

"Oh."

Aventine shook her head, "But, she's here?"

"Yes."

"And her folk?"

"Well Maggie almost took Selene's head off with a meat-cleaver, but we eventually managed to wrestle it from her. She and the serving wench..."

Garrow interrupted, "The one I sort of... pushed, a bit."

"You threw her, Garrow."

"She'd just punched you in the face! And it looked like she was going to bash your brains in with an ale jug. I had to do something!"

The Half Orc looked across the table at Aventine and taking in the incredulous expression, she shrugged.

"It wasn't my fault."