The Telltale Wife

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Eventually they disengaged and Olivia introduced me to the dashing Pierre Dumond. He was polite and nearly as charming to me as he was to her. He was smiling and positive. If this guy was my neighbor we'd probably be buddies I thought.

"Well," he began, "I must get back to my duties at The Staghorn," he chuckled and told us. "Very nice to meet you, Mr. Adam. And Olivia," another big hug, "until we see one another again."

And then he left.

I looked at Olivia, she was flushed and smiling, her eyes watching Pierre retreat into the crowd. Quickly she turned back to me. Likely interested in my reaction to this encounter.

"You didn't tell me how handsome he was," I said half joking.

"Oh Adam, he's an actor." That was her explanation.

I kept my simmering jealousy to myself. There was no percentage in acting insecure and vulnerable. Furthermore the guy was a part time actor who moonlighted as a waiter. I quelled any residual emotion.

Still, the thought of that guy seeing Olivia naked, up close, and then in some kind of bedroom scene with him didn't exactly sit well with me. I tried to compartmentalize these thoughts.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

What a babe he thought. I half expected some overweight cow of a housewife. When Bruno recruited me for this play I thought I was going to have to take one for the team. Wow, this Olivia was hot.

It was a good thing this gig came along. I'm behind on my rent and barely had enough gas money to get up to this sleepy suburb. I have a couple of auditions back in the city once Bruno's little play is over. Hopefully one of them works out.

I guess I need to get a couple of things done before I head back. First I'll see if I can get a few more hundred from Bruno to tide me over. And then there's the housewife, Olivia, in the play. I definitely need to get some of that, he thought.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

For Olivia and I things seemed good, but we also seemed less connected. The good thing was that she was engaged with this play and all that surrounded it. I did my best to compartmentalize my misgivings centered around the nudity and Mr Pierre Dumond.

I was busy at work putting in the extra hours that we were asked to do. I didn't mind. My hard wired work ethic from my upbringing had served me well in my career and I actually enjoyed my work. The only problem I'd had is the complaints from Olivia that I was away too much. With her involved in the play I was receiving far less complaints.

I pondered that situation during my train ride home. For the last few weeks all I'd heard about was Pierre Dumond, Bruno, the other actors in The Telltale Wife. I continued to hear about the play but I realized that comments about Pierre were noticeably decreasing. Odd.

Throughout my relationship with Olivia, when we were first dating until after we were married I knew other men were attracted to Olivia. She'd get approached by lots of guys, especially when we lived in the city. I remember asking her about it once.

"Adam," she began, "I know men. I've had my share of boyfriends over the years. I know how men work. Most of them are only after one thing. I chose you, and I'm only yours." she told me.

And that was that. I thought.

Tuesday morning at the office we got a memo from our president. The partner's retreat would be next week Thursday into Friday evening on Nantucket Island. Throughout the day there were excited discussions speculating about how the profit share would be broken down.

I was sitting at my desk well into the evening, working, when I received a text from Olivia.

'rehearsing a little later tonight home by nine or so - O'

Rehearsal, I suddenly thought. The play! I checked my calendar. I saw the conflict. The opening night of the play was the first night of the partners retreat. There was no way I'd miss the retreat. I was going to disappoint Olivia.

I had to call her.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

The last of the actors were preparing to leave the Brompton Civic Theater. Rehearsals had gone well, Bruno thought. There was one problem, not specifically related to the play. It was Pierre. Things had been moving in the right direction with Olivia. She saw me as an authoritarian figure and I believe I'd won her trust.

The next step was into my bed. Or more likely the couch in my back office at the theater.

But now she's distracted by Pierre. The little asshole's good looking, no doubt. And Olivia seemed to be falling for his charm. I had to intervene.

"Oh Olivia, " Bruno called out. "Would you mind staying a bit longer? I have a few things to review with you."

Olivia and Pierre were halfway to the exit.

"Sure Bruno," she replied, "just me?" She asked, pointing her finger to her chest and glancing briefly at Pierre.

"Yes," Bruno replied with a smile, "no need to keep the others from their evening."

With another look at Pierre, Olivia turned and walked back towards the stage. Perfect, Bruno thought. This may be my opportunity to get what I want.

"One second," Olivia told Bruno, "I need to text my husband,"

Bruno nodded as she sent her message. Here we go, he thought.

"Olivia," Bruno began, "as you know the reason I chose you for Belinda's part was because of your acting experience."

Olivia nodded acknowledging the compliment.

"There are parts of this play," he continued, "that require a professional approach. I saw that in you. And yes, I'm talking about the nude scenes. Though the nudity is just a part of this play it is imperative that the scenes are natural. That no one is embarrassed or self conscious. It all needs to be natural, particularly those specific scenes. The character Belinda, is a sensuous and confident woman."

"Do you understand?" Bruno asked.

"Yes Bruno I understand," Olivia replied, not truly following where this was going.

"Good, good," Bruno said with a small smile clapping his hands together.

"So what we've done in the past is to try to get my actors comfortable with all aspects of their character that may be less instinctive. What I've found is the best way to do this is to practice these seemingly uncomfortable parts until it becomes natural. Does that make sense?" Bruno asked her

Olivia slowly nodded. Good Bruno thought. She's buying into this made up logic.

"If we practice these specific parts before our full dress rehearsal there will be no uncomfortable modesty. You will show the others how professional you are in these scenes, and all your fellow actors will follow your lead."

Olivia nodded a little less enthusiastically.

"So in act one," Bruno began, business-like, "you walk out of the bedroom, naked, and Marcel happens to see you unclothed. I'll play Marcel."

"Do you want me to," she paused for a moment, "get undressed?"

"Yes, " Bruno said with a smile nodding, "you need to be relaxed and natural, not ashamed of showing yourself."

Bruno directed Olivia to an alcove off stage where she could undress for her full nude scene in Act One.

Olivia was hesitant for a moment. Something about this felt a little off, she thought. But then she took a deep breath and told herself she was a professional and unhooked her bra, her breasts were now bare as she bent to remove the rest of her clothes.

Bruno adjusted the lighting to accentuate her shadowed nudity.

"Alright Belinda," Bruno called using her stage name. "Whenever you are ready."

And with that, Olivia playing her role as Belinda walked onto stage completely nude as if she was exiting the bedroom in Act One.

Bruno took in the lovely naked woman. Full breasts, but not overly heavy, a slim waist and then the shadowed V of her tantalizing womanhood. Bruno was taken aback and his reaction was just as it was written in the play for young Marcel. Surprised and aroused.

They finished the act as the play was written. Olivia was natural and open in her nudity, this was turning out perfectly, Bruno couldn't help staring at the beautiful, sexy woman.

Bruno was hoping his sexual excitement was not visible to Olivia, after all. The next part, the bedroom scene in Act Three, will be a little more interesting. I will keep my underwear on, to begin with, thought Bruno, but then there was the simulation of intercourse. This should be fun, he thought.

"That was perfect!" Bruno exclaimed, bringing a smile to Olivia.

"And now Act Three, in the bedroom. Give me a moment to set things up.

Just as Olivia walked away she heard her phone ring.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Olivia answered Adam's call immediately..

"Did you get my message?" She asked, "are you home?"

"Yes, I got the message, and no I'm not home yet," I began. "Liv, honey, something's come up that I need to discuss with you."

Olivia and I had discussed the profit share meetings previously, multiple times. She knew how important they were. It was always an exciting event. Suddenly we were going to have a windfall of money beyond my normal income. Though we saved and reinvested a large part of the profit share every year, we always tried to do something fun or meaningful to celebrate my financial success.

Last year we bought the house, using the money for a large down payment. This year we had discussed putting in a pool.

"Okay," she said, little did I know that she was naked standing in the wings of the Brompton Civic Theater.

"The partner's retreat is next week in Nantucket." I said to her, for the moment she didn't reply, "It's Thursday and Friday, getting home Saturday. I'll miss the opening of the play." I told her.

She was quiet for a minute, absorbing the news. Of course she wanted me there for the opening.

"Do you have to go?" She asked.

She knew the answer to this, we'd discussed many times about the importance of these meetings. It was not only business but the relationship building and camaraderie were just as important. Furthermore, it would be hard to explain to my partners that attending a small town play was more important than the partnership.

"Liv," was all I said I didn't need to explain to her.

"Damn it! I need your support." She exclaimed.

I told her I knew, and that I was sorry, and I'd be at the play Saturday night. About halfway through my placating comments to her, I heard a voice in the background, calling to her.

"Adam, I've got to go," she said, sounding upset, "I'll see you later."

I knew she was unhappy. Not specifically at me, but of the circumstances. I just happened to be an easy target. Oh well, I thought, she'll be mad for a day or two but she'll get over it.

I hoped.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

What is taking her so long, thought Bruno. I can hear her on the phone talking to someone. The mood was ideal after Act One. Act Three, the bedroom scene, will be perfect for my accidental seduction.

"Olivia!" Bruno called out.

A few minutes later Bruno saw her walk out, dressed! What the hell, he thought, the grin slipping from his face..

"Olivia," he began, "we have more to accomplish tonight, Act Three is very important." He said nearly begging at this point.

"I know," she began, "I'm sorry, something's come up. I'm done for the night. I'm okay having my clothes off for the scenes tomorrow during rehearsal."

Bruno was angry but he had to keep a professional approach to all this. He walked over to her and put his arm, affectionately, around her shoulder.

"Why don't we get a glass of wine and discuss this some more,". Bruno said to her.

She hesitated, Bruno's hopes re-emerged.

"Sorry," she said to Bruno, "not tonight."

Though calm on the outside, inside Bruno was furious. He was used to getting his way with women. Married or not. And she looked so good naked. I was so close, Bruno said to himself.

There will have to be another opportunity. There better be he thought, as he watched Olivia exit the theater.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Our household became a little cooler over the next several days. After bringing it up once and being met with a less than enthusiastic reply, I did not again discuss the partners meeting on Nantucket. I knew she was unhappy about me being gone, but in the grand scheme of things, the silly little play that she was in was not going to matter much in the long term.

The Thursday a week before the play was to open I decided I would surprise her and come home a little early. We needed to reconnect I thought. I'd been working long hours for many weeks and I wanted to surprise her by being back at a reasonable hour for a change. Maybe we could go out to dinner. Somewhere other than the Staghorn.

The problem was that when I got home Olivia wasn't there. I texted her,

'Where are you'

She replied several minutes later,

'Staghorn'

I decided to walk down and meet her. I assumed she was with Bruno and some of the people from the play.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

"Who was that," Pierre asked Olivia when he heard her phone vibrate.

She glanced at it, and quickly typed a brief reply. She was sure Adam was going to give her a long logical excuse for working late again tonight. Meanwhile she was enjoying Pierre's company.

"Oh nobody," Olivia smiled and told him..

His knee kept bumping her leg, he was leaning on one arm across the Staghorn bar, toward her, close, looking at her with those long lashes and ever present smile. Probably sitting a little too close, she thought. But what the hell, he was a cute young guy and she was having fun. Adam was likely not going to be home for at least an hour, probably longer.

Across the bar sat Bruno. He was angry. He kept it hidden with his jolly facade, but he was not happy. That fucking punk Pierre was interfering with his plans for Olivia. The vision of her nude during rehearsals only made him want her that much more.

"Are you nervous about doing the risqué scenes?" Pierre asked Olivia, his index finger lightly tracing her upper arm flirtatiously.

She smiled back at him and asked, "are you?"

This was getting a bit intense, Olivia thought. But it was also fun. It made her feel young, like when she first moved to the city. She'd hung out with a gang of young, attractive people, doing fun stuff, in and out of each other's beds. Just enjoying life.

Now she was afraid she was turning into a suburban housewife. Ugh! At least this play gave her a little energy. She admitted to herself in her private thoughts that being bare-assed naked, exposed in front of people, kind of turned her on. And Act Three when she ends up in bed with Marcel, played by Pierre, well that was really starting to turn her on.

Finally she answered Pierre's question.

"No, I've done nude scenes before," she told him. "It's art, it doesn't bother me."

Art on the verge of pornography thought Pierre. There was a reason this play was restricted to those over eighteen years old.

"You are very natural Olivia," Pierre told her, his fingertip caressing getting more intense, "and you have a magnificent body." He added, his eyes wandering up and down.

Just then Pierre saw her quickly straighten up and turn away, she looked over her shoulder towards the entrance.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

The Staghorn had the normal late dinner crowd and the bar was 3/4 full. I saw Bruno as I walked in, I didn't see Olivia near him. Then I noticed Isabella, scowl on her face, looking toward the other side of the bar. I follow her gaze. There sat Olivia with Pierre. She noticed me and abruptly separated from him, they appeared to have been sitting a bit intimately.

I walked over, there was movement as they shuffled to a more appropriate sitting arrangement.

"Ah, Mr Green," Pierre stood and greeted me.

A little too friendly with the smile of someone who knows the punchline of an untold joke. I nodded toward him.

"Adam," Olivia began, "you're home early."

I interjected myself into the small area between Olivia and Pierre, my back to him. I told Olivia that I had an opportunity to be home early and I thought that she and I needed some time together. I continued for a few minutes completely ignoring Pierre and shielding myself between him and Olivia.

I suggested to Olivia that we have dinner and when she started looking around for an empty table at The Staghorn I told her that I wanted to try The Bayshore Grill a block or so away.

I firmly, but gently, grasped her upper arm and steered her toward the exit. Her head craned around to say goodbye to Pierre. I briefly glanced at him. He looked back at me nodding the same little smile on his face. It was if he was saying, 'touché - you won that round but there will be others.

I needed to keep my eye on this kid.

Things became better between Olivia and I over the next week or so. We both had a lot on our minds. I was preparing for the partners retreat on Nantucket. Olivia was focused on the play.

On Tuesday two days before the opening night of the play, and also the day I was to leave for Nantucket, I was walking back from lunch in the city. I had passed it dozens of times but this time I stopped. It was a book store specializing in screenplay copies and the theater. I decided to see if they had a copy of 'The Telltale Wife'. Miraculously they did. I bought it, I was curious about the story.

That evening I read the short story on the train traveling home from work. It was a quick read and I now understood the play. As follows:

A man and his decade younger wife, Belinda, live in a large house outside of the town. The man owned a business in the town, was successful, and worked long hours. His aunt called one day and asked if her 22 year old son, Marcel, could live with them and work at his business. Reluctantly he agreed. He knew the boy and didn't trust him.

The boy had grown into a handsome young man and at first everything was fine. Then one day, while the man was at work, Marcel happened to encounter the wife, Belinda, naked. She claimed she was surprised to find him at home.

At that point the seduction starts. Belinda and young Marcel start a torrid affair and are in each other's arms whenever the man is at work.

Finally wracked with guilt Belinda confesses to her husband. The husband kicks Marcel out, and threatens to beat him if he sees him ever again. Reluctantly the man gives Belinda one more chance to put this affair behind them and be true.

But, the fire between Belinda and Marcel is too strong and at his urging, Belinda continues the affair whenever she and Marcel could find privacy. In the end they are caught and the husband leaves the marriage.

And that was, just about, the end of the story. Not a terribly novel plot, but there were some interactions that seemed somewhat interesting.

I thought about the story and I thought about Olivia. As I've said she is quite an attractive woman and she's had plenty of men come on to her, before and after we were married. She has never once given me a reason to doubt her fidelity. I've seen her flirt a little, but I've done the same thing. It was all harmless.

Her closeness with Pierre I could put into that harmless category of flirting. I think.

Thursday morning I wished her the best of luck, hugged and kissed her, and left for the four hour drive to Hyannis. I left my car in Hyannis at the secure parking area and walked on the 12:45 afternoon ferry to Nantucket. A car was there to take me to the cottages where we were all staying.

That afternoon we golfed. There were twelve of us. Included in my foursome was our managing partner Walter Upshaw. Walter is in his mid-fifties, an extremely nice man. Also an extremely wealthy man. There were rumors of his retirement and speculation on who would take over. So far, these were only rumors.

That night we dined at Seagrille in Nantucket. It was a pleasant evening but there was a bit of tension over the profit share divide on Friday morning. I noticed that the drinking was specifically subdued. Everyone wanted to be on their game Friday morning.

123456...8