All Comments on 'The Three B's: Just Another...'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 154 Comments (Page 2)
danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Well...

The character Bob in this story had so much bad luck (maybe it was good luck) with catching the women he dated cheating, it's amazing he married at all. The guys personal life was a train wreck even after he got married. And to top all that, JPB slipped in a happy ending on this one. Classic LW's tale.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
3 for 3 great ending

He finally ended up with the right one

Enjoyed. Probably more than I should but that's me

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Reading again. One of my favorite JPB stories. All cheaters accounted for with no survivors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
One of your highest rated stories.

It’s deservedly so. But it’s noteworthy to see that it may be because you finally dumped for good the original girlfriend, and the cheating threesome all got killed, satisfying most of the trolling annoys, and pleasing 26thNC and his ilk. Yes it was a good story even without its ending. Ironically, it would have been just as good had Barb and him had just lived happily ever after with three kids. However it probably would have just had a 4.19 rating instead of 4.54, wonder why? Death is not the proper punishment for infidelity despite what some sick minds think. Great story anyway. Thanks and keep writing, please.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Great story and fuck you, you cowardly anonymous piece of shit. You haven't read a story yet, you just look for my name in the comments to spout your shit. Damn you and all our ilk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Doom loop

Just like The other repeating Cliche cuck stories with characters who are not from planet earth

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all...

That boy has remarkably poor taste in women. I cannot calculate the improbability of finding all three in bed together, but this is fiction and not reality. So, that was fun and a good story. Thanks.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Good story, long and involved, but good.

Need a sequel to tell about Irene's story. What happened to her? Meet some guy who she falls so far for that she marries, has three kids, then finds that he cheated, divorces him, takes comfort with his brother or cousin or something and marries him and lives happily ever after ... Until she meets our guy again and throws in with him and Bev in a three way marriage?

ewray321ewray321about 4 years ago
Great

Great story. Hurried ending as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Why are JPBs endings always hurried?

Its almost classic

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I wish someone would explain to me why this author is so popular

His writing is mediocre at best. He seems to have no problem using the n-word and perpetuating racism. Virtually none of his stories have even approached five stars.

So yeah how is this guy so popular is it because he just has a million stories that all pretty much revolve around the same theme?

Yeah, not a fan and I don't give a shit if that is a problem

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not a Bad Story

But not great either. To me, if you took out all the sex stuff, it would read like the love lives of a bunch of junior high school kids. Kinda entertaining, but not really “all that”.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I WAS HALF....

expecting Irene to pop back up in the story. She wasn't a cheater but had a problem with commitment.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

Now that's what I call a happy ending!

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Just what the cheaters deserved!

DDAY55DDAY55over 3 years ago
Lasers

Barb was hit by the Martian slut ray or as the U.S. Rep. from Georgia would say the Jewish laser slut ray from space.

des67des67almost 3 years ago

Cheaters never prosper, once a cheater , always a cheater... 5 Stars... Enjoyable story but tragic...

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

Crazy end, an easy way out for the writer. OK, I knew on page 3 that JPB will end up with "Bev" and I knew that because this is how he writes - turnarounds without motivation.

There is nowhere any motivation why "Barb" was, all of a sudden, a whore. Zippo. This is typical of JPB, he fails in every character development and all his female characters are cartoon characters with 1-dimensional cliché:

1. They are all whore

2. They are all gorgeous

3. They are all in love with "Rob", "Bob" or whatever else JPB imagine himself as the main male character

4. They all beg for reconciliation

These are the clichés you can count on with JPB.

Now, why are these women cheating on our Bob? My suggestion, since you are always "working on my beer" "nursing my beer" "grab a beer from fridge" ... you should ask somebody how bad is your beer breath. I think other than cigarettes this is the most repulsive thing about a man to any non-alcoholic person so maybe some of these females are turned off by your personal hygiene - another thing, rarely one can read that JPB's male character takes a shower other than for sex purpose.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

A great ending for a Bob story still doesn’t satisfy darkdonuts. Nothing does.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

dark2donut2 hit it on the head. JPB is a teaser but he's lazy and doesn't care that he insults the reader; said so himself. consistently poor character development and famous for quick endings that don't make sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

terribly rushed, nonsensical ending. typical Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I can’t really understand why these guys in the stories keep giving the women, second, third or fourth chances? And the Barb slut moving out, was just a power game. I am sure after her next failed relationship, she would have been back in his bed. To a Narcissist woman, new dick us like crack cocaine. They will never be loyal!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
4*

I felt the ending was rushed, also a few inconsistencies with Barb, Mike and Ted.

What happened to Irene? she went from being college friends with Barb and Bev to never being mentioned again, thought they were close?

Irene obviously wasn't the marriage type, it would of been her cheating on him because she would be so emotionally unstable that she would sabotage her own happiness, I'd say she was the only one who actually loved him enough to leave him before she ruined him.

MA was a character that to be honest shaped how Bob, Rob, Bobby, Robert saw how women could become or simply hide from their BFs etc, I'd say she was never gonna be the end result of the MCs life.

Would of liked to know how barb could of fucked over her own sister like that so easily though, like their sisters so was it Mike caught barb with ted and then Mike was like fuck it i want some too or I'm gonna tell or has it been like this since Ted came back the first time? or did it start when barb moved out of robs house to live with Mike and Bev?

Please please please give some of these stories the ending that should be given instead of ending things like it's a life lesson your writing and the next day for the MC is waking up and continuing on with their life, the questions myself and others ask are still gonna be there for the MC so why not take us through the difficult questions and answers and help the stpry come to an end naturally instead of abruptly?

user name is ResmiHardin if you want to reply to anything I've said :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thought you did a great job on this story JPB. 5 stars

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

POW ! ! ! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What was the point of writing this? This story was convoluted and had no sense of direction.

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97about 2 years ago

Barb's turn to Ted the first time was digestible if distasteful but that's part of the storytelling, right? But that second turn into a threesome to destroy both their marriages didn't make any sense and was far too abrupt a turn. The sister's supposedly have a great relationship. No cracks are ever mentioned in Bev's marriage. And Barb is not portrayed as a paternity fraud committing whore throughout the tale, unlike MA. Now maybe you thought that added weight to the surprise turn at the end of the story but it just gave it less weight and it felt unauthentic. Cheating with her sister's husband just doesn't feel like something she would do based on how you portrayed her. It makes way more sense to give some scenes that allude to the surprise turn than to just dump it into the story as you did with no forbearing whatsoever. Maybe a throw away line or scene about having the same boyfriend in high school or Barb stealing one from Bev could have foreshadowed that ending without giving it away. And cheating with the potential for pregnancy is about as awful an abuse as one can commit to another person. Not even really sure how to possibly foreshadow THAT but it was a doozy.

Far too many stories here go to a place that is beyond fantastical in the context of the story. Best friends from 3rd grade fighting over a woman and killing each other and getting killed just seems too far over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

ZEROZEROZERO... call me stupid if I finished reading this braindead wimp cuck melodrama...!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story shows that JPB was thinking more about a surprising twist than plot consistency and staying true to the way he portaryed his characters. The absolute illogical ending only explains by the urge of JPB to try to surprise his readers. He could have said that aliens abducted Barb and it would have made more sense than the way he ended his story. For the rest, it shows some kind of growth. In previous JPB stories (he pretty much repeats the same pattern one story after another) he would have taken back MA only to discover she cheated on him with Reardon. JPP storytelling is good, but his plots suck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excuse me but dark donut hole will never be right, no more than there are snowball fights in hell. She bitches about every JPB story she reads (yet she reads them all). I STILL swear she was one of Bob's exwives! Thanks Bob!

somewhere east of Omaha

ReadyOneReadyOnealmost 2 years ago

Another one for the "Best of JPB" list.

DreddrasDreddrasalmost 2 years ago

I liked everything about this story except for the 'twist' of having Bob end up with Bev instead of Barb, mostly because in order to engineer that the author had to blow up Barb's character, and particularly her relationship with her sister, in an unbelievable fashion. It didn't seem necessary to the plot either. Still, a very enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An actual JPB story with an ending. Oh my. 5 stars.

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

I'm way too stupid to follow all the names and twists. 4/5

Nato_

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Every one of JPB’s MCs has about the IQ of Forrest Gump, and even less sense!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Liked this story until the nonsensical twist ending. The author just suddenly tore up Barbara's character. Think the author wanted a certain ending with the shooting, etc and didn't know how to get there. Barbara was faithful to thr cheating Ted when nit even engaged when he was overseas. She balked before the wedding to the MC, but then worked really hard to get him back, making the painful decision yo leave when she was kept in purgatory for like 8 months. They get together, happily married, and then all of a sudden 3 months or so before the twist reveal shenis doing MMF threesomes with Ted and Mike (her brother-in-law) with no protection while off the pill? Author went for shock value with the confrontation/ discovery and then the shooting. That wasn't Barbara. Ted would have been the last person she would get back with after what happened. Apparently Barabara was abducted by aliens, her Brian got reprogrammed, and the new Barbara personality was full slut trying to cuckold her husband. Dumb ending. There was nothing to suggest the Beverly and Barbara were significantly differny personalities except the one freak out before the first wedding date. Good story till bottom of page 4. Then went completely off the rails. As a side note MA was a piece of work. Bad enough she lied about not being able to make the concert and went out with Seth the asshole (who she apparently married then divorced based on the 5 and 10 year reunions and her last name changes), but what was hilarious and insulting was beyond measure is she saw the MC and went through with the date with Seth the asshole, going yo theirnown movie and doing who knows what. Heh. The lie is bad and maybe still causes a break, but the staying on the date when caught is either complete stupidity on her part or the sign of ultimate disrespect. Just nuts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Drgnmstr97 hit the nail on the head. The ending made no sense. Was enjoyable and interesting up until the surprise twist reveal. That wasn't Barbara as written before that shock moment. The author just lost control of their plot. Uggh.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Wellllllll, I was vacillating between 4 an 5 stars and finally wound up at 4. Barb was the poor loving girl that mad one mistake but finally came back our MC after Bev did a bit of lobbying. He seems to forget and our writer did to, once a cheater, always a cheater. Don't believe me jut go read a couple more LW stories!!! I felt the story was missing something, and that there was never any hint Barb was doing the two guys, she was portrayed as the good girl next door. That cost you a star. Then the beat up and the killing? I guess they really weren't best friends, ya think?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

ALL THE BITCHES IN BOB'S LIFE WERE TOXIC, STARTING FROM HIS MOTHER TO MARY ALICE TO IRENE TO BARB AND THAT'S WHEN THE WEAK PATHETIC BOB SHOULD HAVE RAN FROM THIS LOT!! CUCK WRITER MADE HIM A WEAK DESPERATE MC

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stupid cunts named their daughter after a cheating whore wife and sister....PATHETIC

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The Anonymous from a month ago with the comment "Liked this story until..." is right on target with his critique. The ending wasn't Barb. Not consistent with her personality as laid out in the prior pages. Ending went off the rails for some shock value. Too bad. Was quite good up until the fourth page. MA was a recidivist liar and cheater. Irene was a coward. Barb got cold feet and messed up and repented and worked to get him back ... and did, until the author made go into berserker slut mode. Just surreal. As an aside bot sure why people are bashing the mother. She knew they had been together for a long time. She was sad and hoped they could work it out. MA kept escalating her bullshit. No trust. 4 stars. Would have 5 stars easy, except the crazy, nonsensical shock ending out of left field.

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

Somehow that's not the way I've seen Barb. She didn't cheat the first time. She was honest and told him before she went to Ted. Then why didn't he trust her?

I felt the part about marriage with Bev was very artificial and didn't go with the rest of the story. The whole idea about the threesome and then getting all killed was just unnecessary. A better way was to bring back Irene when he split with Barb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

See, JPB? Isn’t it nicer when the story gets wrapped up in a nice silver bow?

MarkT63MarkT63about 1 year ago

Nice ending to a good story. MC has balls, and principles...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Someone (some folks say it was Einstein) once said, ‘Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results’. And that’s exactly what Bobby Denton (or Bobby Dalton, pick one, JPB used them both) did when he just kept going back to the Crystal Palace, and/or the Stagecoach dance halls. And every time he went there he ended up getting screwed over by a woman. First it was MA, then it was Irene (or Ilene, pick one, JPB used them both), then it was Barb. Two of them cheated on him, the other just walked out cold, said she had a new job in Atlanta, so ‘adios, MF’. Seemed to me as if the author was writing the story with only half of his attention to it.

JPB is one of my favorite writers on Lit, but like just about every other writer here, some of his stories are better than others. This is a good story, just not, IMHO, a Great story.

Four stars.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The 4nding with Barb dping both Mike and Ted weekly while trying to have kids made absolutely no sense. What did they get her addicted to drugs? No explanation. Was not consistent with her character. Story ended in a trainwreck just to pull the rug on the readers. Uggh. Was quite enjoyable until thr bottom of page 4. Nuts.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The problem dealing with the endless insanity loop, is it has nothing to do with the country bars he goes to, the problem is what he picks up at the bar, that's right insane women - (oxymoron) so stuck in an insane loop picking up insane women - what is a heterosexual man supposed to do? Find a woman who's not insane, if you did find one, more than likely you really just found what was formally an insane man who cut his cock off.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A real tale of low class America.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The trouble with this story is that the MC while morally uptight came across as a complete wuss. His response to MA should have been clear from the start, and after the slap "Why didn't you fight for me", a simple "you weren't worth it" would have been the only sensible response. That the MC spent his time hanging out in places specifically designed for cheaters to hook up in just makes him less than clean. Like some of the other commenters have already said, the ending is far from perfect and feels rushed with too many questions left unanswered.

MartyMartiniMartyMartini8 months ago

Seems like doing the Cowboy Cha Cha leads to the Horizontal Mambo. I'm definitely going to take some lessons!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I guess I was wrong. It's the FOURTH time that's the charm. Besides the typos (Marge, Martha, etc), the story made little sense. He dumps the girl (MA) he's been with for years, but pines over the one (Barb) he knew only briefly? Barb couldn't be unfaithful to the MC b4 they're married but after Ted cheats on her a SECOND time, she's gets DP'd by him while betraying her sister while trying for kids? Did she hit her head somewhere in between time?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Yes, i remember the C Palace. Spent too many nights there.

LizziepeeLizziepee17 days ago

Oh bob another one of your endings has brought mr tears

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19691 day ago

that's a lot of really shitty people.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...