The Thunder Rolls Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dourdan
dourdan
104 Followers

It was only then when I finally heard the sound of sirens.

Joy looked at me. "We need to get out of here."

I shook my head. We needed to be out a long time ago.

"Really?" She lowered the gun forcing it into my hand.

I jerked back my hand. I assumed she was trying to get my finger prints on the weapon, as a means of forcing me to go with her.

She gripped me harder, forcing my hand over the gun as she held it to her own chest. "Might as well, right?"

I remember shaking my head, but no words escaped my lips.

Then she fired the gun.

And that's my full statement.

"Am I free to go now?" I asked the detectives. "Back to my cell, or protective custody or whatever?"

The male stood up, closing the folder in his hands. "You'll be put in protective custody until the investigation is completed."

The police came back in, and put me in cuffs. I imagined I would have to serve out the rest of my time in solitary.

For the next few days, I was alone with just a bible and cup for sink water. I tore notches in the front cover to track the days while reading myself to sleep. On the tenth day, I was visited by Father Rylan. He had petitioned for my early release. I would be headed to a halfway house. That's all could really ask for.

dourdan
dourdan
104 Followers
12