The Trails of Life 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I hurried through my meal and called up a taxi, my excitement building as I considered a further message to Jem; instead of sending the money, I could send her the ETA of the ship and she could meet me either at the station or when the shuttle landed.

I walked straight to the booth, and got an unpleasant surprise.

"Hi," I said to a different girl on duty. "I'd like to book passage on the first ship to Terra Incognito."

She smiled pleasantly. "Certainly sir."

She tapped her screen a few times as I brought my pad out to accept the ticket. "We have seats in comfort, will that do?"

"Yes, fine," I said, thrusting my arm forward to pay for it.

She tapped the screen a few more times, then waved the reader over my wrist. Her face changed as she looked back at me. "I'm sorry sir, we only accept International credits."

"Huh?" I replied, stunned by this fact.

"We're only allowed to trade in International credits; my reader can't transfer money from your band. You should have insisted on taking your winnings in a tradable currency."

She set my mind racing. "Err, thanks."

"You're stuck with it, now," she continued. "They won't change it back."

Bang! went the idea I was contemplating.

"You," she leant forward and lowered her voice, "can sell them on the black market for paper money, but I hear the rate is very low."

"Ah ha, thanks again," I replied, my disappointment showing in my voice.

She gave me a brief smile, then turned back to the screen as I walked away. I wondered how low the rate was; at a bare minimum I needed thirteen hundred. It was a buyer's market out there; people desperate to get rid of their useless Ringworld currency, me included.

I was sure if anyone knew how much I could trade it for, it would be the barman back at the hostel. I needed a little chat with him before I did anything else. I took a taxi back and made my way straight to the bar.

The place was a lot more crowded now, and the barman had been replaced by two women. I found a place at the bar and caught the attention of one.

"A beer please," I requested as she got near enough.

As I proffered my wrist for payment, I told her, "Take it from my Ringworld credits."

As she brought the reader up, I leant over and asked, "You know where I can find the barman, from earlier?"

"Andy," she replied. "He's off till tomorrow. Anything I can help you with?"

"Well," I answered. "I was wondering what the exchange rate was for Ringworld credits."

"I can get you ten to one," she replied.

That would give me eight hundred, not enough. "I need eight to one to get home."

"Sorry, ten's the best you can get. Lots of places offer twelve or fifteen," she said, casting a glance at the gesticulating arm down the bar.

"Okay. Thanks," I said resignedly as I straightened back up.

She turned to attend to the customer. I was disappointed, but I'd half expected it. I'd hoped they'd offer five to one, but there was a small consolation; the hotels would accept it, so I could eat and live well while I waited for Jem to transfer the money.

I didn't fancy another taxi ride tonight, let alone the fuss of getting my luggage and booking out to booking in again. It could wait till the morning; it had already been a long and frustrating day. Tonight, a few more beers would see me ready for my bed.

****

On the third day, I hung around in one of the cafes drinking coffee and waiting anxiously for my pad to chime. There were two messages I was wishing would arrive; the one from Jem and the one from the bank with the cypher to key into my account.

It was just after eleven; I was sipping my fourth cup when the screen lit up with the welcome message icon, then the soft chime sounded. I pinched it open and saw it was from Jem. She'd sent a text message.

Bara, it started.

I know this is a little unfair of me, but our relationship is over. There's no one else, I've just had time to think things over, and I've decided to make a new start. I've moved out and found a new place; I had to use the money we had as a deposit, and to buy new things.

Mr. Thomas says to tell you that you've lost your job. All three of you.

That was as far as I got on the first reading. I just sat there stunned; shocked to the core that she could do this to me. The pad pinged again, and another icon popped up. I opened it to see my father's face.

"Son, you and the others have stirred up a bit of feelings here. I don't know what you've done, but there are all sorts of rumours flying around. I think it would be wise if you stayed where you were for the moment, just till things settle down. Everyone here wishes you well—"

I paused it and then with an angry stab of my finger, closed it, stabbing it again to shut Jem's letter as well. My thoughts were boiling at her betrayal. No matter what the rumours were, she should know me, and at least give me a hearing.

I had a touch of panic as well. There would be no money coming, either. The prospect of having to earn the money loomed larger. My dad's disablement pension wouldn't stretch to paying for my ticket. He'd have to borrow, and I had no way to pay him back.

Still feeling a bit dazed by events, I wandered back to my hotel and sat in reception, still trying to figure out the best next move. I was truly standing on my own feet here. I had no-one else to turn to.

No, there was one person who would help, if I could find her. Rachel. If she cared enough to buy the video of our time together, then I trusted she'd help me sort this mess out.

Finding her would be the problem. She had mentioned the name, but I couldn't think of it. Maybe it would spring out at me if I looked up the listing on the net. I pulled out my pad and did a search of First City addresses.

Over fifteen hundred were listed. It would take me a week to check out the catalogues on their sites. I dearly hoped, as I started with the top of the list, that my memory would serve me well.

I got through the first ten pages, then saved the search while I went to get something to eat. I had a vague idea it was a fancy sounding male name, but that was all I could prise out of my memory, so far.

I called the search back up as I finished the meal. I started back where I finished and scanned a couple of pages of names before returning back to the easy chairs in reception to carry on there.

I'd gotten through forty total, before my wandering thoughts made me take another rest. I went up to lie on my bed, give my subconscious time to work on the problem, and I let myself doze. I woke up with the thought of doing an image search tagged with both Rachel and Anna's names; see how many results that would return.

I got thirteen thousand hits. It would be quicker to go through the agency photos. I went back to the list of names, scanning through another dozen or so pages before flopping back onto the pillow.

It felt hopeless. I was getting near half way, and nothing had sprung out at me yet. There was a way to go yet, but each page lessened the odds. For all I knew, it could be an exclusive place with a private listing; you had to know it to find it.

For want of anything better to do, I went back to scrolling through the list. I did another couple of pages and then my eyes stuck on a name: L'Agence Alphonso.

Quickly, I clicked on it, my excitement building as it opened.

I scanned the page and clicked the link to their catalogue. She was featured on page three under a New Girl banner, using the name Raquel. My pulse was racing as I clicked back and found the 'contact us' link.

A pop-up window opened with a middle aged woman smiling at me. "How can I help?" she asked.

I paused for a moment, then said, "I'd like to book one of your girls for my wife. You've got one called Raquel; that's the type she likes."

She tapped something out of the picture, then looked up at me. "She's free for tomorrow night."

"That's perfect. Can you give me your address, so I can come and pay?"

"Yes of course; its third floor, two twenty one Boulanger St. As a first time customer, you'll have to put down a deposit as well, you can redeem that on your second visit."

I gave an imperceptible shake of my head, then agreed. "How much is that?"

"Four thousand five hundred credits in total."

"Okay, I'll be there first thing, what time are you open?"

"Nine, local time."

"Okay, thanks. I'll see you tomorrow."

I could hardly contain my excitement as I closed the link. What had seemed an impossible task was now a done deal. I had twenty four hours to wait, but I was going to see my beloved Rachel again.

With my spirits lifted, I decided to celebrate with a drink. Had it not been mid-afternoon, I would have had more than the two rum chasers I did have. As it was, I decided to put off getting drunk till after dinner.

I went back to my room to wait. Connecting my pad to the screen, I called up the image of Rachel again. Her nude image had me remembering good times, my cock twitching at the thought of holding her soft body against mine.

After a few minutes, I had to shut it off as the emotions bubbling up in me had me feeling weepy at what could have been. I was going to have to be careful when I met her, especially if I got to meet her lover, Anna, as well.

I spent two restless hours wrestling with the mix of memories and the feelings they evoked. I went to dinner wondering if I had done the right thing. I wasn't sure I could face her without declaring my passionate love for her, and complicating things even further.

I ate dinner simply to fill my stomach, and went straight from having a glass of wine with my meal to my regular Rum chaser. I had five, mindful of my need to be up in the morning to honour the verbal contract and buy Raquel's time for the night.

I woke to the alarm, a bad taste in my mouth and enough of a muzzy feeling to slow me down and take extra care when bending over as I showered and dressed. I had time for two cups of coffee for breakfast and then I caught a taxi into the city.

'Two twenty one' was just another anonymous grey office block. At the entrance, there was a plaque listing all the businesses. I did a quick check to make sure L'Agence Alphonso was there, then caught the lift up.

I knocked on the door, then opened it to find an attractive older secretary sitting behind a desk. "Good morning," I greeted her. "I'm Bara Dromere, I'm here to pay for a booking."

She tapped the screen in front of her a few times. "Are you a new patron?" she asked, looking back up at me.

"Yes," I replied, sitting before being asked. "I booked Raquel for tonight."

"You know there is a deposit?"

"Yes, I was quoted two thousand five, inclusive."

"You know she's same sex only?"

"Yes, she suits my wife's tastes. It's going to be a surprise special treat for her to make up for her cousin not coming," I replied, smiling at my own pun.

"Okay, I'll need a few details just for security. If you could link your pad," she said, turning her attention back to her screen.

I got my pad out and we exchanged public keys, then I transferred my encrypted signature to seal the contract. She looked a little surprised when I used the Ringworld credits, but said nothing.

After giving her my address; room thirteen eleven, Tilton Starshine, I thanked her and still with mixed feelings, left to get myself a proper breakfast and decide what to do for the rest of my day.

I spent it on the beach, alternating between a bit of swimming and sunbathing, and drinking cool fruit juices in one of the beach bars. She was due to arrive at eight o' clock. By five 'o' clock, the time I returned to the hotel, I had the jitters about meeting her again.

I had dinner and returned to my room to take a long shower. I wondered whether to shave my pubes again; the regrowth was at the prickly stage and infernally itchy at times. As I only had my depilatory, I decided it was best not to.

As the time drew nearer I paced the room, worrying about tricking her into this meeting and how she'd react to that. I hoped she'd welcome seeing me again and be willing to help me out of the fix I was in.

With the final minutes counting down, I went and waited at the door, the butterflies churning my stomach. When the knock finally came, I took a gulp before opening it.

Her face lit up. Her eyes widened in delighted surprise.

"Bara!" she exclaimed, launching herself at me.

Hugging my neck, she continued, "I wondered about the name when I saw it, but it was for your wife," she gave a quick chuckle, "so, I thought it was just a coincidence."

"I remembered your contract. I had to lie about that," I replied, hugging her back.

She leant back to look at me, a joyous smile on her face. Before she could speak, I bent my head and planted my lips on hers. She responded with passion, her tongue darting between my lips to circle my tongue as her lips rolled and twisted on mine.

I had an instant hard on, my cock prodding her as it rose and tented my trousers. Without breaking the kiss, she drew her hands down and found the top button on my shirt. I loosened my arms to let her continue down.

She had my shirt half unbuttoned when she broke the kiss and breathed in with a sigh, "I've missed you," she said, pausing her busy fingers.

"And I've missed you," I replied, letting my hands drop to her waist.

"I thought you'd be back home by now," she said, starting again on the remaining buttons.

"Mm," I said as she pulled my shirt free of my trousers. "We can talk about that later."

Her nimble fingers started on my fly button and then pulled my zip down. She looked back up to my face as she hooked her fingers into my waistband and pulled my shorts and trousers down, except my shorts got stuck on my erect shaft.

She gave a chuckle, and dipped one of her hands into my shorts. The feel of her soft hand clasping my rigid shaft sent a jolt of pleasure through me.

She dropped to her knees, my hands sliding up to her shoulders as she took my bulbous helmet into her welcoming warm wet mouth and slid her tongue over the underside. A shiver ran through me, and I clutched her shoulders for support as my knees wobbled.

After a few glorious seconds she let it slip out and still holding it, she stood back up, "Come on, take me to bed," she said softly as she reached her full height.

"Yes, My Lady," I responded as I scooped her up in my arms, then found I had to heel my shoes off and free myself from my trousers, while she chuckled. I walked her over to the bed and sat her down, and while she gently stroked my shaft, I pushed the little bolero jacket she was wearing down off her shoulders.

She released my shaft, then slipped off the bed to stand pressed against me as she let her jacket drop off. Her hands sought mine and guided them around her back to the clasp of her skirt.

While I was undoing that, she grabbed the hem of her vest and pulled it off over her head, freeing her breasts. I pushed her skirt down and felt my helmet rubbing against her soft skin as she wiggled her hips to help.

As her skirt slipped down, my fingers didn't find a second waistband and I realised she wasn't wearing panties. She held onto my shoulders as she stepped out of the skirt, then let her hands slip down over my nipples as she sat.

She grasped my shaft as she brought her legs up and wrapped them around my hips. Her free hand moved to cover her pussy, her middle finger parting her nether lips as she began to rub and squeeze her mound.

As she bent my shaft down, I leant forward, one hand on the bed, the other sliding under her hair to hold the nape of her neck. She guided it straight in, her tight walls sending thrills through me as my shaft slipped smoothly into the dark warmth of her hunny hole.

She climaxed quickly, her cries and screams telling any neighbours we might have how much she was enjoying herself. I carried on through her bucking and shuddering, though I did have to slow down a bit.

Her moaning started before her panting ended and I thrust even more vigorously as I felt the tingling starting in my groin. She had her second orgasm before I peaked and I ploughed on for the few more strokes it took for me to cum my load for the first time in nearly a week.

She held me tightly as I dropped to my elbows on top of her, her fingers clenching my skin as she gasped for breath. My own breath was ragged and my heart pounded like a steam hammer inside me, but I felt like the happiest man in the known worlds.

We held the pose till my softening cock slipped out. She gave a little groan and let her hands drop. "No!" she protested as I eased myself up a little, snatching her hands up to my sides to hold me.

"Let's lie on the bed properly," I suggested in a hushed voice.

She gave another groan, but her hands eased their pressure and she unwrapped her legs from my hips. As I pushed up again, she scuttled backwards and sat up. I climbed up onto the bed and into her open arms, as I looped mine around her she leant sideways to lay us both down.

"Oh—" she sighed. "I've dreamt of making love to you again, but the real thing is twice as good as Anna pegging me."

"None of the girls after you could make me feel like this."

"Aw, how did the rest of your sentence go?" she asked.

"I'll tell you later. Right now, I need your help with something."

"What?" she asked, raising her head slightly.

"I'm stuck here. My ticket home was cancelled and they only accept 'International' credits at the ticket office. I've got enough in your Ringworld credits, but I can't change them."

"Oh," she said, sounding a little surprised, "I didn't know there was a difference."

"Nor did I. My first thought was to message Jem and have her transfer funds to me, but... No, let me show you," I said, withdrawing my hand from under her.

I rolled and retrieved my pad from the bedside table. I turned it on as I rolled back. She propped herself up on one elbow, focusing on my pad as I brought the message up.

"What!" she exclaimed after she'd scanned the first few lines.

"I know..." I started to say before she cut me off.

"I don't believe it. She can't do that."

"She has," I replied, watching her as she read further.

"Oh, you poor thing," she said when she finished.

"That's not the worst of it," I said, bringing up the video of my father.

She sat silently through it, casting a glance at me when my father got to the part about me staying here. I stopped it as my father got to the endearments, then looked over at her.

"You can move in with me and Anna. She already likes you so it shouldn't be a problem," she said earnestly.

"I don't want to impose," I protested. "If I can get home, I'm sure I can sort things out."

"Are you sure? Her letter sounded kinda final."

"I think she's been listening to the rumours and had pressure put on her."

"Don't make excuses for her. If she loved you then she'd stick with you. If you were my man, I know I would."

"I'm not. We live in a small town and people talk. I don't know how bad the rumours are, but I'm sure I can get it straightened out."

"Stay with me, I don't want to lose you again," she said, pleading.

"I wish I could. Now that we've met again, I don't want to let you go again, either.

"Then stay, it's the perfect answer."

"What about immigration and settlement? I'd have to do my two years service here—"

She cut in. "No, I could sponsor you and we could stay together."

"And you're sure Anna would be okay with my moving in."

"Yes, she'll probably want to claim a share of you. I'll bet she asks you to fuck her before the nights out."

"You must have given me a glowing reference," I said, smiling at her.

"She watched the video with me," she replied with a chuckle.

"Ah, I was going to buy that one myself. In a way, you buying it made me seek you out."