The Unexpected

Story Info
The same old story but with a difference.
8k words
3.36
28.4k
25
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank God the winter is over at last. And the ice and snow with those cold winds have disappeared. Spring is here and I can get rid of all those wet and soggy leaves from my front and back gardens. Including the broken branches that have blown over. There must be a hundred or so maybe even more. Where does the litter come from it always seems to land on my garden.

You most probably have had the same felling. When you are looking at those piles of leaves knee deep from the trees that do not even belong to you. Yes, and I mean knee deep because we live next to a forest at the back and side of us. It is going to take weeks and weeks getting the back garden straight. Before I can even cut the grass. Well Jack it is no use looking at it. You had best get on with it. Where is the first of many garden bins to fill.

Please excuse my bad manners. Let me introduce myself to you. My name is Jack, Jack Eric Summers age forty-eight. I am an electronics engineer. I have been married to Jill for twenty-five wonderful years. And do not laugh. The neighbours where we live, referred to as Jack and Jill. Yes, you know the nursery rhyme. Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pile of water. So, let us leave it at that.

When I first met Jill, she was a killer in her looks. If you dressed her in a dirty old wet sack. She was a Greek goddess. As for men. She had the choice of so many of them, but she had picked me. I still wonder to this day why. Jill was also a flirt. But I was one happy son of a bitch you could say. We got married and Jill promised me on our wedding day she would stop her flirting. When we were out, she kept her promise to me?

I was what you could call a love match, It was from my point of view anyway and I think it was the same for Jill. Jill like most girls went out on those girls' nights out. I went out the same nights with my friends for a drink or two. My mother, well she treated Jill like a daughter. But I could sense there was something amiss between them.

Jill had the same feeling because she told me so. I told Jill it was because, I was the only boy at home and she was protective of me. My big brother had got married two years before we did and we were the best of friends. Jill accepted my answer so we got on with life.

Two years before we were married, my parent helped me purchase four-bedroom house. And the house was in my name only. We had plenty of mood swings and fall outs but that all changed when our two daughters came along very quickly. They both looked like Jill from the day they were born. And most of all. I was hoping for a son. That is enough for now. Back to where I left off.

+

I filled the garden bin week in week out until the leaves have all gone. Whilst waiting for the bins to be emptied. I repaired my garden tools. And got on with those annual inside and outstanding repairs. You know the type of thing. Tidy up the garage for the umpteen time. Go to the tip with unwanted miscellaneous items. Touch up the pealed paint or even a full repaint. Fixing those wobbly flagstones.

In my back garden. I have always wanted a fish pond with a waterfall and fountain with coloured lights. So, I measured up the area for the tenth time. It would need a large cover to keep those leaves out. That had been a dream of mine for years on end. Jill wanted a summer house with bar and new patio chairs and tables.

During this spring. My home life started to change more than usual. This year it all started by a late phone call to me at work. Telling me, at Jill's works they had a problem. Jill had to help. The only times during the week it could be located was on Tuesday and Thursday nights. After the works had stopped. Jill was in accounts. She was the second clerk.

So, when it was all quiet. They could find the accounting errors. From all the departments without anyone wondering why. Over the years it happened quite regular so I never gave it a second thought. She would be home about eight after a quick drink with the team members before she came home.

My two daughters had left home. Living eighty miles away. They both were engaged to be married. It was to be a double wedding. Jill and I were looking forward to their weddings. So, now it was only Jill and I at home.

Then there were more changes. Jill was coming home at eight on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday nights. She told me they still were having to many problems nothing seems to add up in all departments. It was going to take weeks on end before they could bottom the problem. Jill told me we would be back to normal as soon as it was all over?

Then the first off. The Unexpected. Happened.

Jill was going out on the girl's night out right after work this Friday. Jill came home little too drunk. (Sorry drunk as a lord) When Jill's drunk. She never remembers anything. Where she had been and what she has said. I always had to tell her the day after. This night was no different when she got home.

This night turned out to be different. Jill sat down on the couch with her last drink for the night in her hand. I was talking to her about the girls' weddings. I made a commented about them how much they were like her.

She said, "Yes they have a lot of me in them," Giggling in her drink. Then she burst out laughing.

"Jill what is so funny?"

Her mouth was running away out came. "The kids are not yours."

I looked at her saying. "What do you mean Jill?"

"Well, I going to tell you, I have been cheating on you since we got married."

That was the biggest nuclear bombshell in my life. At what I had found out in the last two minutes. I got up and made myself a strong drink. Turned to Jill she had passed out. I picked her up and carried her to the bedroom and put her on the bed. I climbed in bed and tried to sleep.

Saturday while I was out in the garden. I was thinking about what Jill had said "the kids are not yours." I tried to pass it off; Thinking she wanted yet another row. But it kept coming back to me throughout the day. I was worried I had to find out the truth from her.

This Saturday the unexpected. Happened again.

Saturday the girls were coming home. Arriving about half eleven and leaving Sunday night. So, it was to be a family gathering/shopping and dining out. Yes, as usually I was footing the bill. The girls were talking away. Someone had told them they must have some Viking blood in them because of their looks.

They asked myself and Jill if we could find out if we had a Viking history by getting DNA samples. The timing was perfect because of what Jill had blurted out when she was as drunk as a lord on Friday night.

The girls had come home prepared for us hoping we would agree to the DNA samples. The pair of them were buzzing. To find out if they had Viking blood flowing through their veins. I told them I come from the local area and Jill also came from the local area. So, there was no chance we had Viking blood in either one of us. But we went along with the test for the girl's sake.

I was quick of the mark and read the instruction twice over. The girls had brought with them. Eight sample bags in case we made a mistake or too. I did the tests and label the girls with their date of birth and their initials so there would be no mixed up. The same for Jill and the same for myself. I had eight samples. I told them. I would ask for any type of Viking history we had. Yes, I had to pay so, I oversaw the sending them off. It could not have been better.

Four went for the Viking history tests. I sent the other four for a different test. That is the girls and mine to see if we three matched with DNA. We had to wait about a month. Because of the mail coming back and forth. So back to my garden waiting for the results to come back.

The summer was here at last and all the leaves were gone. My show piece front garden had to be the envy my neighbours. During the weeks before summer arrived. I looked after the back garden keeping it neat and tidy. But my pride and joy were the front garden. Let us put it this way. When I walked into the front garden the grass would stand to attention. So did the bushes. My weekends I spent in and out of the house making sure front garden was perfect. A showpiece.

+

It was a Saturday about eleven thirty and a girl came walking by. She was carrying a bag. "Nice lawn," she said and walked on.

I looked at her she was very pretty. I replied, "thank you."

After lunch. I was taking care of my lawn. Removing all the new weeds carefully and treating the affected areas. The same girl came walking up the road. This time, I was looking in the same direction she was coming from. I looked at her. I thought I knew her. Her face I had seen somewhere before. It must have been in town or in the shopping centre. So, I went back to my gardening.

The following day Sunday I was on my front lawn. And the same girl came walking up the road. I looked at her. Somehow, I recognised the face she was so pretty. But where do I know her from? She smiled as she walked by up the road to the passageway leading to the rented houses. Used as holiday homes.

The same thing happened for the next two weeks. I was keeping an eye on the post all this time waiting for the results to come back. The post arrived it was the results of the four of us about if we had any type of Viking blood flowing through our veins.

As it happened. The girls were coming for dinner that night. With their fiancés to talk about the final arrangements about the double wedding. I read the results and I wanted the girls to read them at dinner time. The six of where sat at the dining room table. I handed the girls the report for them to read. It went down like a lead balloon. We had no Viking blood flowing through their veins. The girls wanted that ever so much.

The next Saturday the same girl was walking up the road. So, I decided to ask her did I know her from somewhere.

"Excuse me miss. I seem to know you from somewhere in town. Can you help me out, "I said.

"Yes Mr. Summers," she replied to me.

"Excuse me miss. How do you know my name," I said to her.

"Your full name is Jack Eric Summers. Am I right or wrong, "she said to me walking on.

I shrugged my shoulders. Well, everyone round here knows us as Jack and Jill. But how did she know my middle name was Eric? At work. I sign my name as JE Summers and nobody there knows my middle name. How does this girl know my full name? I was a little bit troubled at the time. I will wait and ask her next time she is passing by.

The following Saturday. The post arrived at five pm. Jill had gone shopping. She was pulling into the driveway as the post arrived. It was the results of the DNA tests. of myself and my two girls with their date of birth and their initials so there would be no mixed up. I had to wait to read the results I was on pins for the rest of the day.

Jill went to bed early so I watched the TV. I wanted to read the report and understand what was in the report. I was praying the girls were mine. But I had that funny feeling inside my gut. What must I do if they are not mine? What am I going to do with Jill? My mind was going round and round.

There it was in BLACK AND WHITE. THE GIRLS WERE NOT MINE. WHO THE FUCK WAS THE FATHER WENT THROUGH MY MIND. FROM ALL THOSE YEARS BEFORE. Was she was using the pill when we made love. Most probable using the morning after pill. Hell, she must have been using one of those diaphragms to stop her from getting pregnant from me.

What have I been married to all there's years. She has been lying to me over and over. God, I have brought up two kids that are not even mine. Fucking hell what will I do.

+

I was coming from out from the back garden as grumpy as hell. The girl was walking up the road towards the holiday homes. She was carrying a bag. She had done no wrong so I was pleasant to her.

"Excuse me miss may I talk with you for a few minutes," I said to her.

"Yes Mr. Summers," she said with a smile.

"Could you please tell me. Where we have meet before and how do you know my full name," I asked her.

"Mr. Summers, we have never meet until a month or so ago. When I completed you on your front lawn," she said with a smile.

"Then why? Do I think I know you from somewhere," I said to her.

"Well Mr. Summers, I look exactly like my mother," she said.

"Then do I know your mother?" I asked her.

"Yes, you know my mother and she know all about you," she said.

"May, I know your mother's name then please, "I asked her.

"Yes, it is the same as mine. Helen June Roberts. My mother named me after herself. Does the name ring a bell?" she said.

I looked at this beautiful girl. I was in a daze. The name did ring a bell. But as far as I could remember. It was years ago when I knew that name.

"Helen, may I call you by your first name. You can call me Jack," I said.

"Yes Mr. Summers, sorry Jack," she replied to me.

I wanted to know more about this girl. Her name was going round and round in my head. Helen June Roberts, Helen June Roberts. How does that name sound so familiar to me.

"Jack, I live in York. I am hoping to live round here maybe soon. I am getting married to an exceptional young man. "Helen said with a beaming smile.

"Helen, I wish you all the best to you in your marriage. I bet your mother and father are looking forward to it. And most of all your father giving you away in church, "I said.

"The most important thing I want. Is my father to give me away to the man I love," Helen said.

"Helen love is the thing that is makes the world to go round. Never lose sight of that. It is the most precious thing you two will ever have. I am looking forward to when. I give my two daughters away, "I said. Biting my lip.

"Jack, I do have a problem do you think you could help me with it," Helen said.

"Sure, Helen, but I am a stranger to you but I will the best for you. If I can. What would you like me to do. "

I was thinking it was something to do the garden. THE UNEXPECTED. Came and hit me.

"Jack, SORRY FATHER... WILL YOU GIVE ME AWAY...SINCE YOU ARE MY BIOLOGICAL FATHER, "Helen said.

A dozen nuclear bombs just went off at the side of me. I was dump struck. My shoulders dropped. My eyes open wide, my mouth dropped wide open it became dry in a second. Shaken to the core. Bewildered? Who is this girl claiming. That I am her BIOLOGICAL FATHER. I have been married for twenty odd years. I have two grown up daughters. Which now I knew were not mine. What is Jill going to say if this is true. She will divorce me. So, what, she as lied to me for so many years. I thought I knew her too well. But in the last few hours I knew that was untrue.

What am I going to do? Tell this girl I am not her BIOLOGICAL FATHER. She as me mix up with someone else. That is what I am going to tell her. Come on Jack deal with it here and now. Tell her you are NOT her BIOLOGICAL FATHER, she has got it wrong. Get on with it. Nip it in the bud right away.

I got a grip of myself.

"Helen, Sorry miss Helen June Roberts. You have got it wrong. I cannot be your BIOLOGICAL FATHER. You have me mixed up with someone else," I said.

"NO FATHER, I have not got it wrong. I know everything about you. My mother told me at great length."

"In that case tell me what you think you know about me," I said.

"Father, may we sit down. I have a lot to tell you."

We walked round to the back garden and sat down. Helen sat opposite me and looked directly at me. Helen started to talk. She told me my date of birth, My mother and fathers names, the church I went too, the names of the schools I went too. The name of the digs I stayed in when I was in York. Followed by the name of the company. I worked for twenty-odd years before.

"Helen all that you could have found out by doing some research on me. That does not mean I am your BIOLOGICAL FATHER."

"I agree with you FATHER. But what I am about to tell you will prove to you without a shadow of drought that you are my FATHER."

I looked at this girl she there was no way she could have found out with church I went to. But everything else she could have easily have found out.

"Father my mother told me you were the perfect gentleman. Like doing the simple things. For example, opening doors, helping her on and off with her coat, letting her lead the way. Not interrupting when she was speaking. Helping to sit down at the table. You were kind, attentive, humorous, and pleasant all the time. And not as demanding as other boys were before. Must I go on," Helen said.

I did all those things. I even still do when Jill and I are out. This girl was well informed about me.

"Father I am going to tell you what you and my mother did in your digs at night."

Helen describes in detail the love I had with her mother. She even told me about the scar where my appendix removed and the scar on my left leg. She told me about the conversation we had and that I told her mother I loved her. She told me her mother had written a letter to me every year about the day we met. Also letters she wrote to me on my birthday, and the same for Christmas. This girl knew things about me I could not believe. Without a shadow of drought, she was my daughter. I had to come to terms with it.

Then it dawns on me. I had never asked how her mother was.

"Helen please tell me how is your mother is and how did she live after I left York all those years ago. "

"My mother is still alive and still looks the same. The years have been kind to her. You may have guessed by now my mother is still single. She only wanted one man in her life and that was you father. Jack Eric Summers. My grandparents looked after my mother. Granddad was upset at my mother at getting pregnant to you but he was a good man. My Grandparents forgave my mother. And my mother moved back home. She still lives in the same house that belong to my grandparents.

My grandparents fell in love with me after I was born. My mother dated but it never lasted more than two dates. She was in love with one man that was you father. My grandparents have both died and my mother thought it was about time I knew all about you so here I am."

+

My mind was going round and round. I had a daughter and not told. Helen's mother loved me and never married. She wanted only one person in her life and that was me. What an idiot I have been for all these years. I did intend to go back to York. But the job came first then I meet Jill. I now wish I had never meet her.

I must go and see Helen's mother. What am I going to say to her. The hours we spent together came flooding back to me. We were so happy and we cared for each other. Our love was so loving and passionate. I felt like an eel. I had deserted her for my job. Jack, go to York and see Helen it has been so long. Jack think for god's sake think.

Your wife as lied to you for years and your two daughters are not even yours. And to pay for a double wedding. Not a fucking chance of that. I will get Jill to tell me who the father is of her two daughters before the wedding. I want some revenge for all the lies. I have been told over the years. I broke away from my thoughts.

"Helen please tell me when are you getting married and I want to see your mother," I said to my daughter.

"I want a June wedding next year if I can and you need to meet my fiancé, father. When can you see my mother," my daughter said.

"Helen, I must sort a few things out. Count on it I will be giving you away next year," I said to my daughter.

My daughter stood up to leave kissing me on my cheek. I held her in my arms and did not want to let her go.

"Father I will talk to you next Saturday in the coffee shop down the road at ten am. Please be there for me," my daughter said to me.

I kissed her on the forehead a love tear was coming in my eye.

"Do not worry. I will be there but I have a lot to do in the next few weeks. I will tell you all about it when I have put things right." I said my daughter.