The Visitor

Story Info
A wife's patient revenge on her cheating husband.
3.8k words
4.42
32.9k
38
21
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I really ought to move to a warmer climate," I said to no one in particular as I limped across the intersection toward my townhouse. The damp April weather was playing hell with my arthritis. As I walked down the block, I noticed a tall overweight man standing on my front steps.

"May I help you?"

He flinched at the sound and looked behind him.

"Yes, I'm looking for Robert McNeil. My name is-"

"Arthur Gordon", I said finishing his sentence. "I'm Robert McNeil. What can I do for you this sunny morning?"

Arthur's eyes took stock of my short stature. He scowled. "I came to talk to you about my wife."

I held his stare. "Then please step back so I can unlock the door. We can discuss it inside."

Arthur moved out of the way until I unlocked the door, and then followed me in.

"Would you care for a cup of coffee? I made it before I went for the morning paper. If you do, I suggest we sit at the breakfast nook in the back. The sun warms it nicely this time of day."

He nodded and moved to the back. I carried the coffee service and sat across from him.

"What is it you care to discuss," I asked as I stirred the cream and sugar in my coffee.

His scowl returned as he handed me an opened envelope. It was addressed to me with an uncanceled stamp on front. I removed the card and chuckled. Amy had a wicked sense of humor. It was an anniversary card.

Inside was written: Happy 25th my darling. Love, Amy

"What is the meaning of this McNeil? Are you having an affair with my wife?"

I chuckled. "You might as well start calling me Robert. I hope you cleared your day because this could take quite a while."

I took a moment to enjoy my coffee much to Arthur's exasperation.

"I first met Amy about twenty eight years ago. I was a patrolman on the police force. There had been a number of rapes in the woods between the university campus and the women's dorms. They had me walking the area dressed like a student.

"One night I heard a scream and ran in the direction of the sound. I found two guys holding a squirming woman down while a third pulled off her jeans. She got an arm free and began fighting back until one knocked her out. The third man by then had her naked from the waist down and his pants down to his knees.

"He was about to penetrate her when I kicked my foot up from a dead run and caught him between the legs. He groaned and fell to the side. His accomplices were too busy trying to rip her top off to notice. I hit the second man with my fist to the side of his head. As he went down, I kicked him in the ribs. I didn't notice the last man was cutting off her bra with a knife. As I turned toward him, I saw something shiny slice at my side and swung my arm to deflect it.

"I pulled my gun from the ankle holster as the guy charged firing twice from a couple feet away. The man dropped. I radioed for help. I handcuffed the man I had kicked in the ribs. The one I kicked in the groin started to move until I kicked him in the balls again.

"The woman was conscious, but going into shock. I dressed her as best I could and held her until my assistance arrived. The paramedics were checking her over when they noticed my arm. I had a six inch slash between my wrist and elbow. They wrapped me up and transported me with the woman. On the way to the hospital, she held my hand and wouldn't let go.

"Several weeks after the incident, the desk sergeant handed me a piece of paper. The note was from the woman I saved. Her name was Amy Davis and would I please call her. When I called the next day, she invited me to dinner on Wednesday, fortunately my day off.

"I met Amy and two of the other victims at a little Italian restaurant by the university. They bought me dinner as a thank you for catching those guys. Amy held back as the other women were leaving. She told me she wanted to specially thank me for saving her from what the other women went through. She kissed me, told me I would always be in her prayers, and handed me a small wrapped box and told me to open it when I got home."

With that I reached in my shirt and pulled up a silver chain over my head. It held a silver heart. I turned it over and showed it to Arthur. It was engraved "MY HERO".

"Amy never mentioned the attempted rape to me," said a stunned Arthur, "but the card says twenty fifth. You said the attack was twenty eight years ago."

"You married Amy about a year after she graduated. She worked in the accounting department where you worked. She had your first child, Sarah, a week after your first anniversary."

"How do you know that," Arthur stammered.

I excused myself for a minute and returned with a covered expanding file. I refilled our cups and opened the file as I continued speaking.

"Amy came to see me when she was about six months pregnant. By then I was a detective on the police force. She asked me if I knew a good Private Investigator. When I asked the reason, she said she thought her husband was cheating on her.

"I told her I worked part time for one of the best in town. He was expensive, but if she wanted proof for a divorce, he would uncover it. She said she only had a little money saved up, so I told her to give me the details, your picture, and I would see what I could uncover."

Arthur's eyes sank as he waited for me to continue.

"I believe her name was Joyce. She worked for you about four years. I always wondered how long you were having the affair before you met Amy. The two of you seemed too relaxed together to be a new affair."

"Over two years by the time Amy was pregnant," Arthur stated with a happy tone in his voice. "I heard the rumor that she thought her husband was cheating. I told her I had a friend who was a PI and would investigate cheap. She went for it.

"My friend tailed him to a sleazy bar where he drank heavy and flirted with the local whores. My friend motioned one of them over and paid two hundred dollars for them to get the guy drunk and in the motel next door. He offered another two hundred after he took pictures of them fucking the guy."

"I showed Joyce the pictures. Since he made great money, I convinced her to have a lover for revenge. My plan worked for me until she suddenly quit."

I pulled a set of six pictures from the file and laid them in front of Arthur.

"I showed Joyce these after work in the parking lot. I informed her they would be sent to her husband and her parents if she didn't resign from the company in two weeks. I told her never to contact you again."

Arthur rubbed his forehead. "HR said she had to resign because of a family emergency. I always thought her husband might have become suspicious of her working late."

"Because she was pregnant, I told Amy you were having drinks after work with a mixed group of coworkers and it never evolved beyond playful flirting."

His questioning expression turned into a smirk. I'd wipe that off his face before I was finished.

"Everything was quiet until a month before Sarah was born. You were promoted to a group manager of sales," I continued as I put the first stack of pictures away and laid out a new stack for Arthur's viewing, "and you started an affair with your secretary, Delores or Dee as you call her.

"You were so busy at the Holiday Inn with Dee that you didn't know your daughter was born until late that night. Amy did just fine by the way. I brought her in by squad car when she couldn't find you. I stayed with her through the whole delivery. By the way, Sarah is my mother's name."

The smirk evolved into a frown.

"Shortly after that life got in the way and I couldn't keep track of you for over 6 months. When I started watching again, you were still doing Dee." I tossed a couple of pictures on the stack.

He glances at them.

"My life was going great. I figured I would be promoted again within 5 years. I was fucking Dee at least 3 times a week and getting a blowjob almost every morning before the rest of the staff arrived."

"And then things got better?"

He smiled and nodded.

"Amy called all frantic one afternoon, says one of her friends had a terrible accident. She is leaving Sarah at her mother's before going to her friend. She promised she would call when she knew more. I was concerned until she called that evening. She said her friend was in critical condition with multiple injuries.

"She asked if I would mind if they stayed with her mother since it was closer to the hospital and work. Her friend was having surgery tomorrow and later a lot of physical therapy. She was worried because her friend was all alone except for her. She said her mother would watch the baby the whole time. I told her I thought it was really touching that she would show so much kindness for a friend and I would be fine.

"Amy came home and picked up clothes for her and the baby. She thanked me and promised to return home immediately if I needed her. I said we could see each other at lunch, and I could bring whatever she needed from home to work and put it in her car so she wouldn't have to drive all the way out to our house."

Arthur remained silent; his head lowered. "She cried and hugged me over that."

I started to think I misjudged his feelings for Amy... until his head raised with that smirk plastered on it.

"I was like a kid in a candy store. I could drive Dee straight into the garage every evening and spend the night fucking in our bed instead of a motel or the couch in my office. The downside was by the time Amy returned home months later, Dee started considering becoming the next Mrs. Arthur Gordon."

He ran his fingers through his hair. "I had a hard time convincing her that this life style would not exist if I divorced Amy. The alimony and child support would greatly reduce our standard of living. If she would hold on until my next promotion, there would be a big raise and travel for both of us.

"When Amy returned home," Arthur continued looking more relaxed, "she was like the Amy I married years ago. She was thankful for my patience while she looked after her friend. She asked me if she could visit her friend a couple of times a week. She would pick up Sarah from daycare and take her along. They would probably have dinner there and be home late on those nights.

"Again, I was ecstatic with the thought of Dee and I having the house for hours, so I calmly asked her what days she was considering. Amy thought Tuesday and Thursday evening and maybe Saturday shopping if that was okay. I told her that was fine with me and she should possibly treat her friend to dinner on Saturdays before she and Sarah returned home.

"My life was wonderful again. Amy and Sarah were away more than they were at home. Amy hired a housekeeper for the day to day cleaning and laundry. She would cook on the nights she was home early enough and I used carryout for the other nights.

"When we were both home, Amy would sit and talk to me after she put Sarah to bed. She would encourage me to tell her about my work, like my current project; when I had to travel again, and when I thought they would promote me."

I returned the previous photos to the file as Arthur talked. I pulled out a couple of new ones and slid them across the table.

"For a cheating husband you seemed to have stayed with just Dee for a long time. Then you started with the brunette on Thursday evenings. Dee is single and in love with you, why did you go after the married one? The new affair seemed a whole lot more dangerous to me."

"Dee went on vacation," Arthur said as he rubbed his chin trying to remember the events back then. "I told her it would raise too much suspicion if we both took three weeks off together.

"I told her I would spend the time working and at home. She should go visit her family because we would be together for a week at the conference coming up in two months. Dee agreed but changed her vacation to two weeks and made me promise to take her to Florida in the winter. I promised her Orlando the first week of February. She didn't know I had to attend a marketing seminar in Florida and couldn't include her on the company list.

"Anyway, Dee was on vacation; Amy was visiting her friend; so I stopped at a quiet little lounge on the way home to have a drink and a bite to eat. This stunning brunette sat next to me and ordered a drink. We talk a little about why we are sitting around on a Thursday night. I tell her my wife is visiting a friend like she does every Thursday. The brunette looks at me and asks if I am interested in strictly sex with no attachments because her husband cares more about making money than taking care of her needs. If I am interested to meet her at the Holiday Inn, room 141, in fifteen minutes after she leaves. By the pictures you have here, you know I went.

"I agreed no names and never learned hers. After the first time she would meet me in room 141 every Thursday evening at six. We would fuck like monkeys until we were exhausted, and then shower together. I would dress and then leave. She always paid for the room and like I said I never knew her name or saw her car.

"When Dee returned, I told her Amy quit going out Thursdays for awhile so I had to go home. A year and a half after it started, the brunette told me as we were showering that the fun was over. I drove away and never saw her again."

"She was the wife of a real estate developer," I responded offhandedly.

"You and Dee must have had a relaxing time in Orlando," I said as I put the photos away. Arthur seemed a little dismayed when I didn't provide any photos of his Florida tryst. "You returned energized to work. You were promoted to department head; got Dee promoted to your executive assistant, and even had time to get Amy pregnant again."

I watched his face as it changed from exuberance to a slight frown.

"Then life goes on for you and Dee. As Amy's due date came closer she got frightened," I said as I watched the sudden shock appear on Arthur's face as my words registered in his head, "Amy was afraid you wouldn't be around like the last time.

"I wasn't on the police force any longer to rush her to the hospital, so I convinced her to move Sarah and herself into my house. Her last couple of weeks Amy's mother stayed in the guest room." By now red was rising up his neck as I continued the story.

"Sarah already had her own bedroom by then, except a new baby bed was added for the soon to be arriving sister. Amy knew months ago, but due to your lack of interest, never told you that it would be a girl.

"The delivery went without a problem. Ashley was born on a Saturday morning and again you were nowhere to be found. Mother and daughter did fine. Did you know your mother-in-law's name was Ashley?"

"Why," Arthur slowly shook his head no as he gathered his thoughts, "Why would Ashley come to stay with you? What the hell is the meaning of this anniversary card?"

"If you haven't figured it out yet," I said looking Arthur in the eyes, "I'm Amy's friend. I was the one in the hospital after a drug raid went bad and I ended up exchanging gun fire with an escaping drug dealer and his two bodyguards.

"I was hit six times from my right hip to just above my ankle. I spent many hours on the operating table because I was bleeding and the bones were badly damaged. It didn't look too good for me for a couple of days, so my friend called Amy and let her know.

"I woke up in the hospital three days after the shooting and Amy was the first face I saw. She visited every day until I was released from the hospital. After the physical therapy, it was determined I couldn't return to active duty, so I was given a disability pension.

"I became partners with my friend in Private Investigation. My friend and I have watched you over the years since Amy first contacted me when she was pregnant with Sarah. When I told her about the brunette in the motel, she was going to divorce you until she found out she was pregnant.

"She made up her mind then that she would stay with you for the children. She said you could provide a great future for them. Amy told me she would never sleep in the same room with you again.

"She told me you wanted nothing to do with the raising of the kids. You expected them fed and out of the way before you came home. You didn't even see them for months at a time and were happy about it. Even as they grew older you weren't interested in their lives because they were girls and couldn't follow in your footsteps.

"When they were young, Amy would tell them they were going to a special place when they came here overnight or on vacation, and couldn't tell father or he would stop it. When they grew older, they knew what she meant. By the way, they refer to me as dad.

"She knew you didn't love her or the kids, but wouldn't divorce her and ruin your chances for advancement.

"We went on vacation together for the last 25 years and not once did you ever ask where she was going or with whom. Your children never went anywhere with you, but they could tell you every place Amy and I took them. All you cared about was Dee could live with you while Amy was gone. Why do you think she called you every time before she came home? She wanted you to have time to get your lover out of the house. That is why you were never caught at home.

"After Sarah and Ashley graduated college, she started to live her own life. Didn't you notice she rarely came home at night?"

Arthur just held his head as he realized how little attention he paid to his wife and how much Amy really knew about him all these years.

"You and Dee make a good team for the company," I said with sincerity. "Your new promotion and move to corporate is wonderful. I understand Dee is coming with you in a management capacity. And congratulations also on the sale of your home. When is all of this taking place?"

"Everything will be completed by the end of the month." Said Arthur, his eyebrows raised in amazement that I didn't know the answer already.

I looked my watch. "Here is the bottom line Arthur. In about five minutes my doorbell is going to ring. Three people will be there. You will be served divorce papers. The other two are Amy's attorney and a notary public.

"Amy is asking for a no-fault divorce. She wants a fifty-fifty split of assets. She signed this morning. You sign now, the notary will certify it, and the attorney will file it with the court. If anyone asks about your wife, tell them she filed a no-fault divorce because she wanted to stay with her daughters and ailing mother.

"In about a year, marry Dee and live a happy life. I don't suggest cheating on Dee. She won't be as kind as Amy."

The doorbell rang. I placed the photos in the file and carried it with me. The implications of the file were now clear and I expected no problems from Arthur. I answered the door and escorted my guests to where Arthur sat. The process server performed his job in a matter of seconds and left. The attorney explained the divorce papers to Arthur and pointed where to sign. The Notary Public certified the signature. The two people left; their job complete. I turned to Arthur and smiled.

"You are on your way to fulfilling your dream," I told him with sincerity. "I suggest you call Dee and tell her she is close to becoming your wife. I think the two of you will do great in the corporate world."

Arthur stopped on the way to the front door and looked at me for a minute.

"What would you have done if I didn't come looking for you today?"

"I would have called your office and invited you over," I replied quietly. "With what I would have mentioned you would have come."

Arthur just nodded and left.

I picked up the phone and called.

"Good afternoon, Amy Gordon speaking."

"He signed."

"Did you tell him about being Ashley's father?"

"No, he was gloomy enough when I told him about the vacations plus you and the girls spending time here. I made a reservation at Gino's. We'll repeat our first date."

12