The Ward Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Such a charming pair you make," she remarked, passing her gloves to a servant in line.

When they assembled in a spacious foyer, Mary allowed a servant boy to take her cloak and haughtily swept from the room. Nicholas guided Sage another direction, down various impressive corridors and up several flights of stairs. There were servants everywhere, their faces blank and unresponsive, seeming mere ornaments to compliment the gloom of the property.

"Where are you taking me?" Sage asked, fighting to keep her voice neutral.

"Desperate as I am for you to share my bed, Mother insisted you have your own quarters tonight," Nicholas drawled, though sounded suspiciously cheered by the prospect.

When the servants opened the door to the destined room, Sage understood why.

The furnishings were grand, austere, and luxurious. A large bed, a desk by an armchair, iron-barred windows. An ominous platform, extending into the shape of an X with leather fastenings. A wall of shackles. The room was half palace, half torture chamber.

Sage stood frozen, slightly resisting Nichola's pull until she had no choice but to follow his strength. A servant conveniently closed the door behind them.

"What is this?" Sage asked icily, spinning to face Nicholas with her cloak drawn more tightly about herself.

"This is your room," Nicholas innocently answered. "Before I set Edmund free, I must ensure you understand the circumstances."

"I understand!" Sage spat. "Where is he? Let me see him!"

"Come, Kitten." Nicholas patted the X-shaped table. "You may leave your clothes on."

Sage was extremely tempted to run to the door. "I told you I understand," she bit out, breathing heavily and beginning to sweat. She didn't want to be in the same room as Nicholas let alone have him strap her to a table.

"If you really understood you would do as I say without argument," Nicholas returned, again tapping the table. "I will not harm him, if you cooperate. I can promise you that with certainty."

Sage grit her teeth and forced herself closer. Nicholas' smile widened; enjoying every moment of her delaying the inevitable. Usually an impatient man, on this occasion, he was cherishing the lead up to what he'd anticipated for too many days to keep count.

Finally, Sage hovered by the edge and turned her back on his approach, unable to bear the glowing mischief on his face. She shut her eyes as though pained when Nicholas' hands closed around her wrists, his hard chest pressed behind her.

"Let me help, Kitten," he purred by her temple.

Sage maintained her composure, tolerating an indignity she had never before experienced. At least the room was dimly lit, and Nicholas was too tall to see her face. But he guided her to turn, and gently lifted her onto the X-shaped platform. Where his hands touched, Sage wanted to splash holy water.

"You are going to persecute me?" Sage questioned; her tone icy despite her ears ringing with increasing panic.

Nicholas ignored her query. The seconds ticked by painfully as he took his time securing Sage's wrists to the top ends of the cross. The wood was firm and uncomfortable.

"I don't like this!" Sage snapped, her ankles spread and secured to the lower legs of the cross.

Nicholas laughed; the ominous sound sent a strange chill through her body. After kindly slipping a flat pillow under Sage's head, he stroked her brow, watching her jerk against the restraints. "Ah, Kitten. I knew I would have you here one day."

"And Edmund?" Sage insisted, fixing her gaze on the ceiling and fighting tears.

Nicholas stood by her head, looking down. "I have not harmed him, as I promised." He traced his fingertips down Sage's jaw and neck, his hand sliding further down to encase Sage's left breast.

"How can I know that?" Sage instinctively jerked at the unwelcome touch.

"Oh, Kitten, how your heart jumps," Nicholas grinned, his thumb sliding across her nipple as she indignantly stiffened against the table. "I can faithfully swear that Edmund has come to no harm by my hand."

"What of your mother?" Sage grimaced, slightly twisting to shift his hand that would not budge.

"Nor she," Nicholas answered, incredibly aroused by the sight of Sage resentfully struggling whilst trying to appear unaffected and unafraid. He knew she was terrified.

"W-Why can't I see him?" Sage uttered, turning her face from his stroking fingers.

"You really are beautiful," Nicholas muttered, watching the girl squirm angrily. "Part of your beauty is that you are untamed. There's rare life inside you that women of society do not possess. And your hair..." His hand ran through it and suddenly clenched to make her wince. "Your hair is luxuriously authentic."

Sage wretchedly closed her eyes as the travelling cloak was drawn apart, feeling his hands work at the fastenings of her nightgown. The silk fell away, and cold night air chilled her skin, until Nicholas' warm hands began to knead her chest.

"I am not entirely sure I will last as I want to," he breathed, his fingers slightly trembled as they caressed her breasts. "I can tell you are untouched. This is an exquisitely rare treat, Sage."

"Edmund has touched me!" Sage lashed back, briskly shaking her head to ward off weak emotions. She knew what was in store; knew the calibre of man she had fallen prey to. She would not beg.

"I wonder how far Edmund trespassed." Nicholas moved around the table, coming to stand at the apex of her thighs.

Sage couldn't suppress a whimper when the skirt of her gown dragged up her legs, Nicholas' large hands moving intimately up creamy thighs until his thumbs brushed her sex.

An indignant squeal escaped Sage before she bit her tongue to silence it. Nicholas softly chuckled, deeply pleased, his searching fingers boldly caressed her, and Sage's ankles sharply jerked against the restraints.

"Easy, Kitten," Nicholas soothed, his thumb lightly stroking her flesh, still moist from Edmund's attentions. Finally, it pushed inside, so gently and slowly, Sage moaned pleadingly and fought harder.

Swallowing as his mouth ran dry with arousal, Nicholas swapped his thumb for two fingers.

"No!" Sage gasped, straining. "No! Please!"

She never meant to beg, but the notion that Nicholas might be her first was too much to bear. It snapped something inside her. She wanted it to be Edmund. But she would readily accept Aleksis, Garrick, Joel, Simon, the stable lad... anyone but Nicholas.

"Ah," Nicholas grinned his pleasure, his finger carefully coming to contact with her virginity. "You beg so prettily."

"H-How can you guarantee Edmund is safe?" Sage threw at him, desperate for a distraction.

By now she was certain of being duped, that Edmund had not been captured. The Stiles would not risk so bold a move against an affiliated family, and Edmund would not be easily subdued.

But the trauma of the evening events, the lack of guardianship and the sight of Edmund's gloves triggered a state of foolish hysteria. And now she was trapped, her only reprieve was to try and distract her mind from a hateful pending violation.

Nicholas looked bored. "You have no choice but to trust me." His fingers rested inside her, feeling her channel flex around the intrusion. Then his thumb pressed her sensitive core, drawing small circles until the pink nub became quickly swollen.

"Don't!" Sage shook her head, futilely fighting the leather straps.

"If you had any inkling how your pleading arouses me," Nicholas darkly muttered, almost panting himself. "Oh, Sage, you were designed for me. Your body, your mind... Every part of you was meant to be mine."

Sage bit her lip again, breathing a sigh of relief when his hand left her. Gulping, she saw him leaning against a bedpost, licking his fingers, his blue eyes darkening with lust.

"Will you marry me?" he queried.

Sage turned away from the question, then quickly looked back, very conscious of his movements. Even if she couldn't defend herself, it was always wiser to know where Nicholas was, as with any dangerous creature.

With a leisurely sigh, Nicholas eased out of his fine coat and loosened the front of his undershirt, allowing it to fall open so Sage could see the bare skin of his strong chest. After lighting a few candles to add a gentle glow to the room, he retrieved a small black case from the bedside top drawer. Opening it, he extracted an ornate ring. It was an impressive antique; a large, rare blue diamond bordered by tiny black pearls.

His gaze moved from the piece, a smile lighting his eyes at the look on Sage's face. "This is likely the most precious jewel you'll ever-"

"I've seen finer," Sage sneered.

"I believe you," Nicholas agreed, toying with the ring. "I still want you to wear it."

"Why me?" Sage questioned, stalling.

"At first it was Mother's design," he shrugged, his eyes on her breasts, rosy erect nipples. "But ever since I kissed you..." he traced his lips with wet fingers. "You are different to any girl I've met. Whether you accept or resist me, you will always be entertaining."

Sage wanted to angrily contradict him but understood it was exactly what he enjoyed. He admired her spirit, but he wanted her to concede. She couldn't win.

"It is quite a compliment, from a man who bores easily," Nicholas added encouragingly.

"I am exceedingly flattered, my Lord," Sage politely answered, stoically watching the ceiling.

Nicholas burst out laughing. "Gods, I believe no man could tire of you." A false sympathetic smile played about his lips, his eyes callously glinting. "Promise to marry me, Sage. Give me your word."

"Or what?" Sage snarled, the shift from docile to savage so quick that Nicholas was captivated, his eyes on her heaving breasts, the soft flesh easy prey for his hungry mouth.

"Or you won't be a virgin much longer," he gently informed her. "You will remain here, imprisoned, for my pleasure. You will cease to exist in society."

"I don't care for a societal presence!" Sage raged, hating that the front of her gown was open and so were her legs, skirts still caught about her hips, shamefully exposed. She was not bothered by the scandalous indignity, as much as being forced to such a position by a man she despised.

"The only light of day you will see is from these windows." Nicholas inclined his head to the iron panes. He pushed off the bedpost and approached, his breath quickened by the way her limbs tensed when he drew near.

Sage gasped with horror, watching the height of Nicholas slowly disappear as he lowered to his knees, between her legs.

"Take a moment to consider," he breathed, licking his lips.

"What-? No! wait-!" Sage furiously arched against the table.

Nicholas' mouth was against her, slowly opening, his tongue slithering out to caress her in an unspeakably wicked way. His hands smoothed around the outside of her taut thighs, feeling her flex and release with frustration. His tongue easily found her sensitive core, flicked her little nub so she groaned angrily. Her hips bucked to displace him, his hold on her thighs tightened until she couldn't move.

His tongue was relentless, he was panting into her, the heat of his breath so warm. Again, he circled and stroked her swollen button, his lips constricted around it.

Sage cried out, thrashing furiously against the bench. Her whole body was filled with an uncomfortable heat, a frustrating fury offset by tingling that made her want to scream with rage. It was the worst feeling, and she couldn't stop him.

"Stop!" she shouted, her wrists aching from the friction of leather. "Help! HELP!" she screamed.

Nicholas' delighted chuckle reverberated against her, his mouth resumed its ardent caresses and then it was too late.

"No! I hate you! I..." Sage moaned miserably, feeling a spark, a foreign throbbing build between her legs as with Edmund's caresses.

By comparison, this deed was vastly unpleasant, but physically compelling, nonetheless. Sage's eyes closed, her hips jerked, and Nicholas groaned into her, feeling the delicious flesh constrict and pulse into his mouth. He tasted her pleasure, his hard cock twitched needily.

Sage arched, gasping, suddenly aware of the tears on her face. The bitter shame was too overwhelming.

Nicholas pressed a happy kiss to her soft inner thigh and stood tall, observing her face, turned to the pillow. Her breasts heaved in the aftermath; she could not hide the reaction.

"You are still virgin," Nicholas reminded her, rolling up his sleeves, feeling the heat of his blood burning through him by the erotic act.

Precariously close to exploding in his pants, he had to leave before he got carried away and fucked her. He was enjoying himself too much.

"I do not disapprove of your feisty nature," he informed her. "I will not drive it from you, because it amuses me. But when we are in public, I expect nothing less than complete subservience. Before we enter society together, you will first be trained to understand the repercussions of deviating from my wishes."

Nicholas plucked a light sheet from the bed, tossing it over Sage's trembling body to counter the room's chill. The fireplace would kindle when he was ready for a new game. Nicholas smiled, imagining beads of sweat dripping across Sage's flawless bare skin, catching the moisture with his tongue, hearing her desperate pleas.

"I observed you tonight; you know how to be exquisitely charming," he stated, his voice stern. "When I reach for your hand, you will not withhold it. When I bend to kiss you, you will eagerly meet it. When I introduce you as my wife, you will curtsy prettily, and with pride."

Blood boiling, Sage was speechless; so incensed by his expectations that she was shocked smoke did not burst from her ears.

"Remember I am going to punish you," Nicholas said thickly, her inner-turmoil stoking his desire. "We will continue until dawn, unless you accept my offer. If you have not yielded by daybreak, I will claim your virtue and you will never again leave this chamber."

Shaking with arousal, Nicholas turned with an effort and left the room.

***

After snapping at a servant to fetch fresh water, Nicholas poured himself a brandy and downed the glass. The alcohol both warmed and settled his dancing nerves.

"You are unusually flushed, dear. I hope she did not better you."

Mary spoke from a corner armchair, changed from her majestic red-velvet gown into a sleek black undergarment. Her hair was loosely twisted down one shoulder; makeup cleaned from her face. Now, her age showed slightly, though she was still remarkably pretty for a woman of her years. Nicholas plainly inherited her attractive features, most notably the same, icy blue eyes and disdainful sneer.

Nicholas slightly jumped at the unknown presence, then relaxed and poured a second glass. "She is deliciously spirited, mother," he replied. "Whether she fights, or submits, it thrills me regardless."

"The nature of a wilful girl," Mary said sardonically. "When submission must be forced, it makes the victory sweeter. The cost of that pleasure is a firm hand. One must always be guarded with a stubborn chit, lest she escapes."

"She won't escape me." Nicholas considered the liquid in his glass. "I've never wanted a woman like I want her."

Mary shrugged. "It is because she has been raised freely, thankfully by a genteel guardian. She will always be unique."

Nicholas licked his lips, shivering at the remnant taste of Sage's forced pleasure. "I hope she fights me till dawn."

"The clergy will arrive on the morrow. If you do not succeed by then, I will enforce the vows," Mary replied, placing her wine down and standing to rise. "I retire for tonight. Enjoy her in the interim."

"Sleep well, mother."

"And you," she smiled.

***

Aleksis jerked with surprise and ran forward, frightening Joel. But the vampire lithely bypassed the elderly steward and stared out the window.

"The young fool followed." His black eyes lowered. "She told him where to find me."

Aleksis slowly turned, his mind working. "I've no time to banter with Edmund. Go to him, Joel. Hurry."

Joel hastily scrambled to his feet, staring around for the exit.

"The door to your left, follow the main walkway and you will find your way out." Aleksis was on the other side of the room again, hurriedly fastening his navy coat.

"Gods!" He swore furiously, raking an anxious hand through his blonde hair, leaving it tidy as ever. "The fool left her unprotected!"

Joel froze at the vicious look on Aleksis' face. "W-What are you going to do?" Joel uttered, wondering if he and Edmund would be shortly slaughtered.

"I am going to..." Aleksis trailed off, horrified, his eyes raised as though receiving a signal. "She is not at the Bard estate. If she does not come here, there is only one other place she would be."

"Where else would she be?" Joel asked, alarmed by Aleksis' agitation.

Aleksis turned his back to control his emotions. "Tonight, the Stiles boy introduced himself to me. It is most unfortunate."

"How does that matter?"

"I cannot cross the threshold of their estate without invitation. It was the same reason I could not attend Edmund's ball uninvited."

"B-Because you were once introduced to me? All those years ago?" Joel blinked, but he was alone in the cold room.

***

When Nicholas returned to Sage, he noted she was very watchful, recovered from her emotional state. Calculating.

"And if I accept your proposal, then what?" she demanded. "You will leave me alone tonight?"

Nicholas slightly angled his head as he placed fresh water on the bedside, considering what her ploy might be. "If you accept, then we wed on the morrow. Are you thirsty?"

"A pitcher of wine will suffice," Sage retorted through clenched teeth. "I might endure your company better."

Nicholas laughed heartily. "Sage, I swear I am falling deeper in love with you by the second."

Sobering somewhat, he admired Sage's beautifully restrained body with smug arrogance. "You will be lucid the first time you submit to me, I insist upon it. So, I recommend you drink from my hand, Sage," he advised, pouring a small glass and raising it for her to consider. "You are certainly going to need it."

"And if I agree to your proposal? You will leave me alone until then?" Sage persisted, disregarding his offer.

Nicholas narrowed his eyes, discerning her game. "You hope for a rescue by then?" he inquired.

"I want to be a virgin when I wed," Sage lied.

Nicholas wordlessly strode back to the case and removed the ring. "I could abide that."

It took every ounce of Sage's willpower not to react when he tenderly caressed her palm, sliding the heavy piece across her finger.

"It suits you," he remarked, still stroking the smooth skin of her delicate hand.

"Now, release me," Sage insisted, restlessly rattling the binds. "Let me spend my last night alone. It is traditional for a bride on the eve of her ceremony."

"Why should I permit that, when you have no regard for tradition?" Nicholas replied, smiling when she looked startled. It was certainly not a point Sage could counter.

Nicholas shrugged. "Overjoyed as I am that you accepted my proposal, there is much more to our bargain. As promised, I will refrain from taking your virtue." His smile grew, his hand brushed over the bulge in his breaches. "But that was all I promised."

"Nicholas," Sage warned, now unable to keep the dread from her voice. "We had..."

"We had an agreement?" he predicted her words, gently drawing the sheet from her splayed body. "Never fear, I have ways to punish you that will leave your virtue intact. But I told you, you will be punished. That inclination never shifted." He suddenly laughed. "As far as virtue is concerned, I will grant a last night's reprieve; your request to delay the inevitable before I own you - body and soul."