The Winding Path Pt. 01

Story Info
A sexual journey of self-discovery.
14.5k words
3.93
8.2k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mrfudan
mrfudan
79 Followers

Description: There is more than one way to reach nirvana, this is the tale of one woman's journey to the fringes of experience. There are transitional periods in life, markers that can point oneself in an utterly, new, and perhaps unsettling direction.

Chapter One - Life

She didn't know when she realized it, the sense of crushing ennui that finally shook her free from the chrysalis of her post-educational experience. Perhaps it was the daunting prospect of becoming another worker bee in the vast pool of young hopefuls that finally drove her decision to drop out. Margot simply wasn't that interested in scrambling on the endless social ladder. Consequently, she did not care what her relatives thought of her level of ambition or conformity to their values of proper behavior.

It wasn't that she was a rebel (she really liked to get along with people). She never had a period of wearing dark makeup or dressing down to fight the mainstream or whatever it was the youth were up to in order to stand out from the crowd these days. She didn't run out all night when she was a teenager, nor did she deliberately date bad boys or hang with "the wrong crowd" (code for the ethnicity or demographic that her family did not approve of) although she had her share of oddball flings. All in all, she couldn't say that she had some malformed childhood that would indicate some repressed desire to go to the dark side. She wasn't some Catholic school girl.

Yet, Margot's heart skipped for a moment, perhaps sensing some kind of release, when she saw the advertisement. She had been listlessly skimming some employment websites on her laptop when it had popped up. She knew better than to respond to such salacious offers. In fact, she'd scoffed at the idiots who fell for such bait. Something was different about this one. Its understated tone intrigued her as it stood out against the lurid background of ads promoting quick hookups, easy money working from home, health extracts, and similar scams. It was a simple white banner with black text in a default serif font asking simply, "Do you want to change your life? Call the number below."

Margot snorted dubiously, "Some religious cult? Probably a self-help shyster pushing a seminar."

Still, she found herself jotting down the number. She figured she'd prank call it just to waste their time. Then she realized she was late for the date, arranged by her aunt on short notice. Margot had hated the idea but could not refuse-it just wasn't in her nature. Standing in front of her full length mirror in her one room flat, Margot took stock of herself.

Reflected in the glass was a petite woman with honey blond curls that went past her shoulders. She'd put on a tight dress-hem cut above the knees but not too short to be immodest-that accentuated her natural curves, mostly at the hips which were a bit wide for her frame. She had to watch what she ate or she'd turn into a pear, she thought.

However, she turned slightly to adjust the cloth over what she considered her best feature: her butt. It was quite a standout and she was proud of it though she tried not to turn into a narcissist about it. Her natural breasts were restrained by a strapless brassiere that kept her shoulders clean for a night out. She fussed at the neckline hoping it wasn't too daring for a first date. Well, she rarely went out these days so she decided it was a good opportunity to impress despite her reservations about the whole thing.

Her face was petite, lightly freckled on the cheeks, with a slim nose and jawline that accentuated her large eyes. Her features resembled the distant French heritage of her given name although her family was a hybrid mix of several varieties, some unmentionable for fear of a schism. Otherwise, she was conservative with her makeup although she did give a bit of a sweep to her eye shadow that accentuated the swan like turn at the edges that many people said gave her an insouciant charm. Margot slipped on some designer heels, her matching clutch which held her ID plus sundries, and went out to play the game of life, at least for now.

Much like that popular game, Margot imagined that she was on that fixed track, having spun the wheel and landing on an important life event. He turned out to be everything one could hope for, kind, well-mannered, and already successful in his career. In other words, her aunt had not been wrong: he was prime marriage material. She practically saw the little plastic car with three, perhaps four, pins representing a happy, nuclear family on their way to the HOA approved subdivision. Over dinner, it was clear that he was smitten although Margot figured he was hopeless as soon as she'd met him at the rendezvous. He'd been scanning the people walking into the lobby of the tower-which had a fancy ristorante at the top-for a few minutes until his eyes had locked on her as she clicked her heels on the terrazzo floor. If he could sweep her away to a promised never land, it was clear that he would from that moment.

Margot bathed for a moment in the possibility as he chattered away over their platters of antipasti. He was attractive although a bit heavier than she'd want. The lack of ostentatious jewelry or a gauche watch band were positive marks for Margot, however she could tell that he had good taste as the materials of his clothes were of high quality. A proper gentleman, he opened the door for her when he drove them out on the town in his late-model European saloon. Margot sunk into the heated leather seat, thinking that this lifestyle could definitely suit her.

And then: a show, drinks, a dance, all the hallmarks of a cliche outing that Margot had always thought were not for her. Yet, she enjoyed it, and when the end of the evening came with her, and him, outside of the steps to her place where thousands, or millions, of other people had said the same things and done the same things ending in a tumble of bed sheets and sultry mornings with self-conscious smiles leading to a happy future, or perhaps disappointment later, it ended with her simply saying goodnight and turning away after false promises of another night out. He remained a gentleman to the end.

She never thought of him again.

It was exactly that she could imagine a future with that man that she had turned away. Her heart had run cold, aware that she was on the brink of a commitment that could secure her future for many years to come. So when she rejected that prospect in her own mind, she had doubts of course, for opportunities like this one would always lead to regrets when not grasped. Margot didn't even know why she objected to such a future so firmly. It didn't matter. She took out the slip of paper where she had written that number.

After the other end picked up, a man's voice simply said, "There will be a car to pick you up. Please send your location as a text message to this number. Serious inquiries only."

They had hung up before she could even respond. Another chill hit her spine before she composed herself. It was clearly designed to be intimidating in order to weed out the undecided or dilettantes, or attract the nut jobs, she thought to herself. With some foreboding, Margot walked a few blocks away from home, not for any semblance of security she knew, she just needed to work off some nervous energy. It was dark and cool, although the nights were fairly temperate these days, and the neighborhood was considered average in terms of crime. However, it was still a bit risky for a young woman to be out alone.

The car arrived surprisingly quickly, as if it had been waiting in the wings all along. It was a stretched livery with tinted windows. A trill of fear, and rationality, made her pause before opening the door. For all she knew, this could be some trafficker who intended to ship her off another country to become a slave to some oligarch or, worse, she'd end up disappearing forever in someone's lair or as a statistic on a crime log. These were all real risks, and in the end some of it did come true, at least the part where she vanishes, never to be seen again in this place.

Margot tried to calm her heart down as she sat in the back seat of the livery, her hand on her phone ready to speed dial the police if necessary. The interior was well appointed with all the usual items including a minibar. The privacy partition between the driver and the passenger compartment meant that she had no idea who was in front, otherwise the vehicle was empty. As a modern fuel cell model, it was nearly silent as it began moving.

There was a screen mounted across from her seat, as she settled down it flickered on and someone began speaking, a man but not the one than the one in the phone call. Instead of a face, it just showed some idyllic landscape, as the voice announced, "Welcome. To get things started, I want to assure you that this conveyance will stop immediately and let you out if you so wish at any time. I apologize for the air of mystery, but we found that this was an excellent way of screening out unsuitable candidates. Please respond with the affirmative if you wish to proceed to the next step. Once again, you may retract your permission at any time."

She nodded, clearing her throat, "Yes, please. Am I to assume, by the nature of this setup, that I am offering my services?" Her neck flushed.

"I see that you are quite astute. Indeed, we are a specialized organization tasked with recruiting qualified individuals who wish a fresh start in life, just as previously tendered."

"That's still kind of vague, and why can't I see your face? I assume the camera on that thing can see mine. Who are you?"

"We've found that the mystery enhances the particular nature of the experience that we are offering. For now, you may call me Fred."

"Can you tell me what this experience is, exactly? Uh, Fred?" she pushed.

"I am afraid that the exact details, for the purposes of the experience, cannot be divulged in advance."

"Yet, you want me to go along with it blindly? That's crazy. What if you're going to harvest my organs or something?"

"I can assure you that you will be treated within the bounds of the law, and that it is only your service that will be hired for a reasonable compensation which shall be defined in the contract that will appear on this display. Please read it carefully, and if you so choose to accept, you can sign on the touchscreen as well as record your verbal accent by stating your full name, date of birth, and today's date."

For a long while, she read the scrolling text. The terms were very generous, paid for by some LLC that she had never heard of in her life but then again that meant little either way. There would be an initial assurance deposit to show that they were acting in good faith. Even that amount, her eyebrows raised, would be enough to have her live well for a good while. She pored over the stipulations of the contract. The terms were for one year of her time, with the option to extend.

Of course, she wasn't an expert, but it seemed fair, albeit with some strange caveats. If she had been a man, her next choice would be the equivalent of skipping town on a tramp steamer or bugging out to backpack across the countryside in order to find one's self Jack Kerouac style. Actually, in many ways, it was exactly what it was, though this would pay well for what amounted, at least she thought, to be an extended lark. The terms pretty much skirted around the fact that it was going to be a type of indentured prostitution although the details weren't spelled out. The implications were clear, she wasn't an idiot: crazy, but not an idiot.

As if anticipating this train of thought, the voice added, "Many women would choose the nunnery, or join the civil service, in past times. Maybe work in a soup kitchen."

She laughed, "That's not me. No, I'm not marrying Jesus." She wasn't one to be interested in fate, in any case. Abruptly, she signed the contract with her finger and recorded her acceptance.

"Thank you. We can drop you off at your apartment if you wish. There is a three day cooling off period for you to reconsider, as well as ensure that your deposit has cleared successfully."

She shook her head, "That won't be necessary, I am ready now."

"Then you will have to sign that you are waiving the cooling off period."

"Yes, let's get it over with," she replied, impatient now.

"Excellent. You may begin by removing all articles of clothing."

Chapter 2 - Rebirth

The voice continued, "You do recall the stipulations of the contract?"

She nodded.

"Do you wish to nullify those terms now? Note, you can still keep your deposit. It is a courtesy on our part."

She shook her head. As proof of her commitment, she peeled out of her slip, kicking her heels aside. Margot folded up her clothes and set them on the seat next to hers as well as her clutch with her phone inside of it. She shivered a bit, flushing even more, but strangely calm.

"Are you recording this, you pervert?" she asked, stretching out, pink and vulnerable, although she kept her legs crossed for the moment. This was somewhat rhetorical as she contract had mentioned the possibility.

"We are funded by our exclusive clientele who have particular interests, but to be honest, yes, you are being recorded but purely for internal purposes and not their entertainment. That will come later."

"Ooh, more mysteries," Margot's heart was beating quickly. She parted her legs. "Like what you see?" Even after she said it, her face reddened from embarrassment, not from being exposed but from how lame that had sounded. In her own mind, she considered herself to be playing a role. In that way, it made everything that happened later, all the easier to accept.

"I assure you that you are quite attractive," he deflected. "It will be a long drive. Please help yourself to refreshments and rest, or you may select from various entertainment services as well as the internet."

Yawning, as it was now quite late, Margot muttered, "There must be easier ways of becoming an exotic escort." Maybe Fred was gay. She decided it wasn't worth worrying about. She soon nodded off, arms across her chest. Fortunately, these seats were heated as well and she was quite cozy.

It was dawn when the livery finally came to a stop. Looking out the window after rubbing her bleary eyes, Margot saw that they were in some rural area far out from the city. They were parked on the gravel shoulder of a two lane road that wound into a forest in either direction. If it wasn't for the morning light, it would have been pitch black outside and even then, the shadows of the trees were ominously dark in the early twilight. There was a light haze that foreshortened the visible distance even more than the rolling hills that surrounded them.

"Where are we?" she croaked. She swished down some bottled water from the mini-fridge. There was a protein bar, which she wolfed down, suddenly famished. There was no sound from the front cabin though she could make out the back of the drivers head. During the whole trip he had never spoken to her, and for sure, he wasn't Fred. At least, Margot was pretty sure the mysterious voice had not come from the man in the driver's seat.

After a long moment, Fred spoke again via the speakers, "Good, you have arrived. I was getting myself some coffee, not used to the early mornings. Help yourself to the flask in the middle storage bay. It's not fresh but it should still be warm."

Margot found a thermos mug with a spout that allowed for her to drink from it directly once uncapped. Indeed, still had some steaming coffee. She needed it. She sighed in pleasure as the warmth went down her throat. It was also nice to learn that Fred seemed to a person after all. So, he wasn't a morning person either. Putting the thermos away once she was satisfied, she asked, "So what now?"

"This is your stop. Please exit when you are ready. You may take nothing with you, including any jewelry, phone, or handbag."

"Really?" Margot responded, heart thumping again in alarm. "It's cold out there. It's also still really dark."

"Once again, if you do not agree, the driver will take you back to the city now."

"But what do I do?"

"Continue down the road. You will be given further instructions. Do not worry, we have coverage in this area and it is safe."

Margot wondered if they had people hiding in the woods or drones stalking her, recording her exploits for some sleazy pornographer. Well, it didn't matter anymore to her, she thought. She'd chosen this route, and Margot was not one to give up so easily. Considering it an adventure, she opened the door and stepped out in her birthday suit onto the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.

Before she could change her mind, Margot closed the door and walked into the direction specified without looking back. The cold made her cross her arms over her chest, and her feet barked from the sharp pebbles. She heard the car turn around and leave behind her.

Her heart throbbed with a fresh excitement. As a child she'd had her nose in childish adventure books, of fair maidens on grand journeys. Life had disappointed her with responsibilities, duty, and the grim prospect of a mediocrity.

What was the point of achievement, accolades, or stupid trophies? What fresh mountain to climb that countless others had not climbed before? Everyone had their holy hill to climb. This would be hers.

Later, she'd wish she had picked a simpler hobby, like croquet or watercolor painting.

Chapter 3 -Roadside Bonus

At first adrenaline kept away the chill. Margot was both thrilled and frightened by her impetuous decision. She was alone, with no identification, currency, or communication.

Maybe she was crazy, but her genitals throbbed. The cool air played against her skin.

Giddy, she walked along the two lane road, trying to avoid the sharper stones. Her flesh felt like it was in tune with the air. It was liberating despite the bubble of worry welling up in her belly.

She fought off the sudden urge to masturbate as she continued up the road with rapid steps. Soon a vehicle passed, indicating it wasn't some abandoned old byway. The speeding roadster flashed its lights at her but continued without stopping. She gave the fellow a friendly wave. If her nakedness surprised him, she'd never know.

But the cold was beginning to seep into her bones so she held out a thumb when a minivan came up from behind her. The driver stopped as a passenger opened up the sliding side door. Three men were inside the vehicle.

Gladly, she stepped inside, appreciating the warmth. The men appreciated the view.

Normally, she would never accept a ride with such a crew, but the voice had assured her that it was safe, never mind the insanity of trusting a faceless voice named Fred.

Stubbornly, she assumed this was all part of some plan. Even the scenario seemed like it was something out of a cheap porno, she thought. They must be rubbing their hands together anticipating a show. Well, Margot would give them one! Plus, she'd had all her shots up to date, and would not need protection since she had an advanced contraceptive implant already in place.

She climbed aboard the machine. The chill gave her extra motivation to lower her boundaries.

"Where to?" the driver asked. He was an older gentleman with a mustache, but he was built like a lumberjack with a barrel of a chest.

She shrugged, "Anywhere. I'm on an adventure."

The man next to her, a whiskered man in his thirties and premature baldness, queried, "Oh, what kind?"

She giggled, pushing her arms together to accentuate her chest. Her nipples were thrust up and hard. She said, "The fun kind." Margot hoped she wasn't playing it up too much, imagining Fred was wincing at her antics. The contract had indicated something like this might happen. In fact, some part of her had fantasized about it all along.

mrfudan
mrfudan
79 Followers