The Witch and the Incubus Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's what I'm trying to get through to your primitive neanderthal brain, slut," he growled. "This is where Caliban is headed if he goes with the hunter. The only thing this hunter has on Caliban is his sluts; if he didn't care what happened to you, he wouldn't be in danger."

"Cut it out, Salspan," Lilith said.

"What?" he looked at her innocently.

"You know what; cut out the insults and intimidation, or I'll take that glass of bourbon and shove it down your throat."

"Please don't tease, Lilith dear," he retorted before taking a swig of his drink. "I don't think I could handle any more sexual tension between us."

Layla shook her head. "You're a bastard. You won't do a damn thing to any of us because you're scared of our Master. If you weren't scared, you wouldn't be here."

"I have my incentives, but fear of Caliban isn't one of them. Now, if you ladies don't mind, I'd like to see my accommodations."

"I'll do that," Nevada said.

"I'm going with you," Melissa added.

"Will the two of you be warming my bed as well?" He gave them a predatory grin.

"No, they won't," Lilith interjected. "Show him to the secondary master suite."

The others watched as Salpsan, Melissa, and Nevada walked away. As soon as they were out of earshot, Layla turned to Lilith. "Somehow, when Master gives me that same smile, it doesn't seem nearly as creepy."

"There's a reason for that..." Lilith said.

"I don't like him," Sarah uttered.

"I don't think any of us do," Layla said. "Um, I've got things to tell the two of you..."

"By all means," Lilith said. "It isn't like things could get more complicated."

Layla smirked. "You probably could tell that I gave relief to Nevada and Melissa."

"I was wondering about that," Sarah said.

"I know you refused to do so, Lilith."

"Yes. I wanted you to be the first," she explained.

"Uh, why?" Layla looked at her in surprise.

"I have my reasons," Lilith answered with a smile.

"Well, it's completely up to the two of you," Layla said as she bit her lip. "but I think the right thing to do is help them in the least demeaning way possible... unless, of course, they want to do more, but that should be up to them."

"Okay," Lilith said with a shrug.

"Really? Shouldn't they have to suffer their punishment a little?" Sarah asked.

"The whole point of the punishment is to force them to integrate into the harem; they can't do that if we don't give them a chance," Layla explained.

"I'll think about it," Sarah said, "but Melissa is going to have to answer for the shit she said about Alex."

"I think she knows that." Layla sighed. "There's one more thing. Something weird happened when I was relieving Melissa and Nevada. This is going to sound crazy but, I swear I could read their minds."

"Congratulations; you're now the harem Matron," Lilith said. "Well, not officially, but Caliban will recognize you soon enough."

"Wait - what's this?" Sarah said. "I must have missed something."

"You're not the only one," Layla admitted.

"When a harem of an incubus or succubus gets large enough - usually 5 to 9 thralls - the thralls subconsciously choose their Matron or patron. It must be unanimous. Once they are chosen, they can see in the minds and know the feelings of the other slaves," Lilith said.

"So you're saying that the four of you have all chosen me?" Layla asked.

"I trust you," Sarah said.

"And I trust you as well," Lilith added. "All that was left was for you to earn the trust of Melissa and Nevada..."

Layla interrupted. "So you manufactured a way so that I could earn their trust."

"I wouldn't say that. I just pushed the responsibility away from myself and let nature take its course. I suspected that you would still become a Matron if I nudged them towards you, but it wasn't guaranteed," Lilith said.

"So, I could have been a Matron?" Sarah asked.

"Um... sure," Lilith lied with a facetious smile. "Why not?"

Sarah glared at Lilith. "Your feelings on this matter have been noted."

"So, besides reading minds, what else can I do?" Layla asked.

"Give mind-blowing cunnilingus." Lilith smiled.

"No, really - what else can I do?"

"Nothing until I start teaching you real magic. You can unlearn all of that new age crap," Lilith said.

"The Church of Satan isn't new age!" Layla pouted.

"Close enough. It's all bullshit," she countered.

"Pft. It can't all be bullshit."

_____________

Caliban sat back in the Hospital visitor chair, tugging at his loose tie as he listened to his phone. Sunlight streamed through the slats of the wood Venetian blinds. "Well, I appreciate the update, Lilith," he said. "I want you to remain in charge for now, but consider Layla's suggestions. After I've formally initiated her, I want you to continue to serve as her confidant, and I'll allow you to continue to be their domme. Also, let her know that Ms. Romanov is doing fine and that I'm happy that she was chosen as Matron."

He stopped speaking and listened. After a moment, he said. "I agree that they're well on their way to learning their lesson, but they'll need to wait a couple more days. Tell them that I'll remove the compulsion when I bring Alex home. I don't intend on leaving here until she's discharged, and, considering how you are all handling their punishment, I don't feel that it's an urgent issue."

He listened to Lilith's voice on the other end of the phone when he glanced over and saw Alex gazing at him. "I'm sorry to cut this short, Lilith, but Alex is awake, and her nurse will be here any moment to serve her breakfast. Call me if Salpsan does anything egregious, but otherwise, keep doing what you're doing. Mmmhmm - bye." He hung up the phone and turned to Alex. "How much of that did you hear?"

"I think all of it," she admitted. "What does it mean that Layla was chosen as Matron?"

He smirked and nodded his head. "It means she has authority over my oth -"

The hospital room door opened. "Good morning Ms. Romanov; how is my favorite patient doing this morning?" the young nurse asked as he wheeled in a cart. He was tall - a bit on the skinny side - with short brown hair and brown eyes.

"I'm sure you say that to all the snarky college-aged girls," Alex said with a smile.

"You do mean charming, don't you?" He smiled back at her. He took a tray from the cart, placed it on her over-bed table, and then wheeled it in front of her. "Since the Doctor has taken you off of any dietary restrictions, we've got pancakes and scrambled eggs with milk and orange juice."

"No coffee?" she asked.

"As a rule, we don't serve anything caffeinated to patients; it raises blood pressure. Visitors, however, can have as much coffee as they would like - even two at a time!"

"Gotcha." She turned to Caliban. "Well - you've heard the man! Go get two coffees for yourself and bring them back here."

"Excuse me?" Caliban said as he feigned offense.

"I'll be back later to check up on you," the nurse chuckled as he closed the door behind him.

"Do they have latte's?" Alex asked.

"Yes - I think they have that in the cafe downstairs," Caliban answered.

"Vanilla latte, whole milk, with two shots of espresso?"

"As you wish," he answered with a flourish.

"Thank you, Westley," Alexandra said with a smile.

"You're welcome, Princess Buttercup."

"I have to get you to watch that movie!"

"We'll watch that movie - it's on the list." Caliban chuckled as he got up from his chair. He left the room and made his way down the hall to a bank of elevators. Last night he learned that the food in the cafe on the lower level was nominally better than what the hospital cafeteria served; he resolved to pick up a breakfast sandwich there.

A few seconds after pushing the elevator door button, the door opened. In the elevator was a woman with short brown hair in her late 30's wearing an off-white pencil skirt. She looked surprised and moved to the side to let him on. He felt her eyes on him.

"Visiting family?" she asked with a smile.

"Friend of the family. Minor surgery - I'm just keeping her company," he said with a smile. "You?"

"My kiddo - broken arm." She smiled back. "I think it hurt me more than it hurt him."

"They can be a handful," Caliban said as the elevator doors opened.

He nodded to the woman and then stepped out. As he headed towards the cafe, he heard the woman walking behind him. He didn't turn around but instead continued to the cafe. A young lady was dealing with the line at the register while a young man was feverishly throwing together orders. Caliban got in the back of the line, and the woman got right behind him.

"Seems we were going to the same place!" she remarked from behind him.

"Seems we were," he muttered.

"You know, it wasn't so long ago I was the one rushing to get everyone's morning caffeine fix..."

"Mmm."

"I always got people's names wrong," she continued.

"I can't say I know what it's like. I guess I'm privileged in that way," he replied.

"Rich kid?"

"I'm treated like royalty in some circles," Caliban said as he reached the front of the line. "I'd like a double-shot vanilla latte with whole milk, a caramel mocha latte, and I'll take one of your bacon egg and cheese sandwiches on a croissant."

"Okay. Name?"

"Caliban. C-A-L-I-B-A-N."

"Got it," the young lady said.

Caliban swiped his card and moved over where the other patrons were impatiently waiting for their orders. The lady from the elevator reached the front of the line.

"Hi. Uh, I'd like, um... I just want a regular coffee, but it doesn't look like you serve that here." She bit her lip and blushed.

"You want the cafe americano," the young lady at the register said. "Name?"

"Periel," she said. At the sound of her name, Caliban's gaze became a glare.

"Pearl. Got it. You can pay here."

Periel swiped her card and then turned to Caliban. Their eyes locked, and her sweet smile curled into a devious grin. She walked to him and stood next to him.

"I guess I deserve that, seeing as I can't get anyone else's name right. Caliban is it?" she asked innocently.

"I didn't realize they started serving coffee in hell," Caliban muttered.

"Being on the ninth circle has its perks if you'll forgive the pun," Periel said.

"Are you enjoying this, Periel?"

"Flattered that you know who I am."

"Where's Raguel?" he growled.

"The penthouse. Don't bother looking - you won't find him. Listen, this isn't the time for this discussion." She motioned to the people around them. "I just wanted to touch base with you; introduce myself as a professional courtesy."

"Courtesy. I didn't think your kind knew the meaning of the word."

"Courtesy is the only reason this isn't a different discussion ri-"

"CALIBAN?" the young man behind the counter interrupted.

"You're order's up, dear." Periel gave him a sardonic smile. Caliban just glared at her, picked up his sandwich and beverages, then headed back towards the bank of elevators. A moment later, he heard footsteps running up behind him.

"We didn't finish our conversation!" she mocked from behind him.

"I'm devastated," he stated as he stepped into the elevator. He quickly pressed the close button, but Periel kept the elevator doors from closing with her arm.

"That isn't very nice, you know." She stepped into the elevator and stood next to Caliban.

As the doors closed, Caliban turned to her and said, "You know, I could rip your throat out right here and send you straight back to hell. There would be no one to stop me. Sure, it would be a mess to clean up and potentially expose demon-kind to the world, but the consequences may be worth it, in my opinion."

"Oh, Caliban! You say the sweetest things. You know very well you won't do that," she said with a chuckle. "Raguel would know you sent me back to hell! Then he would feel obliged to force your guard dog back down to hell and take your whole harem hostage. He'd probably rip one limb from them at a time until you agreed to return to hell with him."

"So why doesn't he? What's holding the two of you back?"

She frowned as the elevator doors opened. "Professional courtesy. We'll finish this conversation later. This is your floor."

Caliban growled at her and stepped off of the elevator. As the doors closed, Periel gave a small wave. Immediately he rushed to the nurses' station.

"Ma'am?" he asked the young nurse behind the station. She had caramel-colored skin and a natural short afro.

"Well, hello there!" she said with a smile. She discreetly looked him up and down, but Caliban caught her survey of his body.

"I will need you to move the patient in 19-D closer to the nurses' station and security. I met a former acquaintance of Ms. Romanov downstairs, and I fear he may try something while she's in this compromised state," he said.

"And who are you?" she asked.

"Caliban Christiansen - a family friend. How soon can it be done?"

"I'm sorry, Mr. Christiansen; we rarely move patients' rooms unless there is an excellent reason to do so - even if the patient themselves requests it. If we did it all the time, it would be a logistical nightmare. I assure you that..."

Caliban's eyes flashed orange, "What is your name?" He glanced down at her name tag. "Brianna? That's a pretty name..."

"Thank you," she said as her face went blank of any emotion.

"I need you to move Ms. Romanov's room. How soon do you think you can accomplish that?"

"It'll take an hour," Brianna said.

"Good," he said. He looked her over. "And Brianna?"

"Yes, Mr. Christiansen?"

He hesitated, tempted to make her a thrall, and then shook his head. "Never mind. Just move Ms. Romanov's room for me, then forget we had this conversation, okay?"

"Okay," she said with a nod.

Caliban held the cup carrier in one hand while opening the door to Alex's room with the other.

"You sure took your time!" Alex was sitting up in bed with her arms crossed before her. "I've just about finished breakfast!"

Caliban shut the door. "Excuse the delay. I met one of the hunters just now; they're more powerful than I originally suspected. They're a duke and a duchess who work as a team - and they're, uh, usually ruthless..."

"Usually?" Alex asked nervously.

"She kept saying she was showing me 'professional courtesy.'" He handed Alex her drink. "I don't get why everyone is showing me so much 'professional courtesy,' but I suspect that there's more to the situation than meets the eye. I don't want to take any chances, so I'm having you moved closer to the nurses' station just as a precaution."

There was a knock on the door, and Brianna entered. "Sorry - I didn't mean to interrupt. Just to let you know, I've managed to put a rush on Alex's transfer to her new room," Brianna said with a smile. "It'll likely take thirty minutes. Oh - and you dropped something." She handed him a business card.

She quickly ducked out and shut the door. Caliban looked at the business card. On one side was the hospital and attending physician's information; on the back was Brianna's name in meticulously ornate handwriting, above a number and the words 'Call Me.'

_____________

Layla watched as the penthouse elevators opened. Caliban entered, pushing Alex in a wheelchair. "Welcome home," Layla said with a smile.

"Sarah, Melissa - Alex has some things in the trunk of my SUV. If you both would be so kind as to fetch them," Caliban requested.

"Yes, Sir." Both of them said. They walked past Layla to the elevator, and she felt disappointment emanating from Sarah.

"Um, sir? Would it be too much to ask Lilith or Nevada to help Melissa? Sarah wants to spend time with Alex," she said.

Sarah shot Layla a look of shock.

"I'll do it," Nevada said. "I kinda like sharing a hip with my babe."

"I have no problem with that," Caliban said as he pushed Alex into the living room.

Layla and Sarah both came to Alex's side to help her out of the wheelchair as Nevada and Melissa walked around them to the elevator. "I can do it myself," Alex told them. "It hurts to walk for long periods, but I can make it a few short feet." She got up and winced as she made her way to the nearest sofa. "See? No problem."

"Seriously, girlie, your mouth may have said it's not a problem, but your face just told us that you're a damned liar," Layla said as she sat down next to Alex. She put her arms around her and gave a gentle squeeze.

"We're going to take good care of you. We have a room picked out with a big TV and an attached bath, so you can just chill and tell us all about the cute male nurses you flirted with!" Sarah said with a bounce.

"... that you can't have, now you're a demon's pet." Alex reminded her.

"I have no regrets; sex with a demon is hot. Like literally. Like, his skin is hot to the touch," Sarah said with a confused look on her face.

"You know, there are demons that are clammy like corpses - smell like them, too. I could always share you with him," Caliban said with a smirk.

Sarah bit her lip. "No-no-no-no, that's not necessary, Sir. I like hot! YOU'RE HOT! Really, really hot - in a good way!" she choked.

"You're a trip," Layla chuckled. "So, Master - what are we doing about this 'Matron' business?"

Caliban held up a finger. "One thing at a time. Where's Salpsan?" he asked as he looked around.

"Pouting in the second master bedroom because I wouldn't let him force Nevada to dance for hours on end," Lilith said as she entered the room.

"Ah - Good! We're vacating him from the second master and putting him in one of the smaller bedrooms. Alex will need room to maneuver her wheelchair, should she choose to use it," he said.

"I told you, I don't need a wheelchair. A smaller room will be fine!" Alex protested.

"No - he needs to be taught a lesson, and this is the perfect excuse. And even if you don't use the wheelchair, I want it to be an option for you. While you're here as my guest, please let me, or any of my pets, know if there is anything we can do to make you more comfortable." Caliban said with a sincere look of concern.

Alex blinked. "Uh, of course," she said.

"Lilith - you're with me," he ordered as he marched towards the bedrooms.

When they were out of earshot, Alex turned to Layla. "Wow. Caliban looked, uh, weird."

"Almost like he cared?" Layla smirked.

"Except, he swears he doesn't," Alexandra replied. At that moment, the elevator bell rang, and the doors opened. "We've had some interesting conversations over the past few days." She watched Nevada and Melissa enter, each dragging luggage behind them and carrying a bag. "He's... growing on me."

"Did you have to bring so much crap?!" Melissa groaned.

"YES! I'm staying here for at least the next couple of weeks..."

Melissa sighed. "I'm sorry, Alex. I..."

Alex feigned shock. "Did she just apologize to me?"

Melissa looked down and took another deep breath. "I guess I deserve that. As I was about..."

"Yes - you do," Alex said.

Layla grabbed her arm. "Alex, she's trying to apologize to you. Let her speak."

"No, never mind." Tears filled Melissa's eyes. "She's right. I'll just put these bags in your room and leave you alone."

"MELISSA!" Nevada dropped the luggage and reached out to her as she turned away.

"Okay - Stop," Alex said. "I won't interrupt you. What were you going to say?"

"I was going to say..." She turned back around and wiped her eyes. "I was going to say that I'm sorry I was so shitty towards you and that I hope you'll give me the chance to make it up to you. But if you just want me to leave you alone - I mean - I get it, I'm a bigot and..."

"Nobody put you up to this? Caliban isn't threatening to punish you?" Alex asked.

"No," Melissa mumbled.

"Come here." Alex winced in pain as she got up from the sofa and put her arms around Melissa. "I forgive you," she said with a squeeze. "I'm just in a lot of pain, and I talked to my father this morning, and he had nothing nice to say to me. I'm a bit raw, and I just can't put up with any more bullshit today. Okay?"