The Wolf Within Ch. 02

Story Info
All at once he was freed of all human limitations...
2.5k words
4.53
4.1k
13
2

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/13/2023
Created 02/05/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Blacksheep
Blacksheep
150 Followers

Before dawn, having slept less than he would've liked, Thomas was awakened by the plaintive sound of howling. He sat straight up in bed, unable to breathe.

He had been dreaming again. This time of half-seen beasts, shambling and swift, with menacing teeth and claws like curved and well-honed blades.

In the early morning light the fog was thinning, but visibility was still no more than about a quarter of a mile. Thomas dressed quickly and tiptoed down the stairs. The other occupants of the house still fast asleep. He wondered if Magistrate Winthrop had departed or spent the entire night in the servant girl's bed.

Something was in the woods.

Pouring himself a drink of water, Thomas paused for a moment and reflected on the bizarre dreams that had tormented him last night. The mysterious caped woman...who was she? The vision had been so vivid, unlike most dreams, the memories of which melted like ice the moment one woke up, this one was seared into his mind.

Breakfast was a frugal affair. Bread and cheese. Thomas ate modestly at the best of the times. Feasting was a sin. He had no need for a more substantial meal to set him up for a lengthy exploration of the woods. He had a sword and pistol. God would provide the strength he needed. Saddling up his horse, Thomas set off for the eastern woods that overlooked the village.

Mist had shrouded the fields with a ghostly veil. The air was still and silent, not even the chirp of a bird or the distant lowing of cattle. It was far too quiet for Thomas' liking. Once again, Tenacious got wind of something he didn't like, and halted at the treeline that marked the edge of the meadow.

"On with you, boy," Thomas said, trying to hurry him up.

The horse was extremely reluctant to enter the woods, but grudgingly obeyed his master. Passing a pair of leaning pines, Thomas was sure he was not alone. It was if some invisible force were luring him in. He saw no movement, and was unaware of any sound other than his horse's hoofbeats, breathing, and his thudding heartbeat; only instinct told him that he had company. Thomas shivered. Somehow the chilly morning air was able to penetrate the thick cloak he was wearing.

Thomas went only fifty yards, however, before he saw movement from the corner of his eye, thirty feet to his left a swift shape, cloaked by shadows and mist, darting from behind one tree to another, where it slipped out of sight again.

"Who goes there?" He yelled. He expected no reply and got none. The silence frustrated him. He rode on, but seconds later was rewarded by an eerie cry. It was shrill yet guttural - a howl.

He stopped and listened, hoping that he had misheard. The howling came again. It sounded louder this time. The howls chilled him. And yet at the same time, filled him with a strange yearning.

"The Hellhound's cry?" Thomas said out loud. For was certain the howls could not be those of a wolf. There had been no wolves in England for over a century, and he was pretty sure an ordinary dog couldn't emit such a fearsome sound...or could it?

Thomas reached for his pistol. "Witchcraft," he muttered. He could barely bring himself to utter the word.

Another howl echoed through the woods. It was a cold and lonely sound. Suddenly, Tenacious went berserk, rearing up and squealing in terror. This time, he would not be calmed.

"Whoa! Whoa there! Halt!" Thomas yelled as the horse broke into a frenzied gallop. Tenacious leapt over a fallen tree, throwing his master. A bush broke Thomas' fall, but he struck his head on a fallen tree and blacked out...

When Thomas came round, he was lying on a bed. As his blurry vision cleared, he could see that he was in a cottage of some kind. A roaring log fire crackled in the corner.

"Ah, you have awakened."

He jumped as he noticed her sitting on the edge of the bed, watching him intently. Oh God! It was her. The same woman who'd appeared in his dream last night. She was wearing the red cape.

"Who are you?" Thomas exclaimed.

"I am the last of my kind," she replied.

Thomas was extremely uncomfortable at how close she was, not to mention her brown hair, loose and flowing freely instead of being modestly constrained by a mobcap. He looked round, and wondered where his buckled hat had gone.

"How did I get here?" He sat up and straightened his white collar, clearing his throat. The woman's beauty both frightened and enthralled him. Blood-red lips, the hazel eyes. She'd walked straight out of his dream and into the waking world.

"You were thrown from your horse," the woman said. "I helped you."

"With all due respect miss, I find it improbable that you had the strength to carry me."

"I didn't carry you, Thomas. I simply guided you. You'd banged your head and were somewhat dazed."

He shuddered. "How the devil do you know my name?"

The mysterious woman removed her cape. "I asked your horse. He is a wise animal, and a loyal one. See how he waits patiently outside?"

Thomas was growing impatient. "Enough of this. I demand to know your name!"

"My name is Rowenna. My family name? Wylfen. My race is an ancient one. Long ago, when this land was wild and unchecked country, there were many more of my kind. Before we started being persecuted."

"You speak of your tribe?" Thomas asked, not understanding.

Rowenna gave a half-smile. "My parents died when I was a mere babe in arms. I was raised by my grandmother. We moved around, from village to village, always viewed with suspicion. Nobody in these God-fearing places would ever extend the hand of friendship, because my grandmother was suspected of witchcraft. Finally we moved here, living as outcasts in this cottage in the woods. Now I had come of age, I finally became aware of my heritage...and the Change that would begin, as soon as were to lie with a mortal man. My poor dear grandmother, hounded by the villagers, hanged for witchcraft. I sought revenge by using my newly awakened powers to my advantage."

Thomas fumbled in his pocket for his cross. "Witch! You speak in profane tongue! Guide us, Lord, in all the changes and varieties of the world; that we may have evenness and tranquility of spirit: that we may not murmur in adversity nor in prosperity wax proud, but in serene faith resign our souls to thy divinest will; through Jesus Christ our Lord." He held the cross in front of her, as though expecting her to sprout fangs like a vampire.

Rowenna tilted her head. "I am not a witch, Thomas. I am the last of the Wolfkin."

"Wolfkin?" He blinked, more bewildered than ever.

With catlike grace, she walked over to him and ran a finger down his cheek. He gasped at her touch.

"I will show you."

Thomas closed his eyes. When he dared to open them, he was in a dreamlike vision. Large grey and brown wolves circled him.

Long ago, when even England was young, the age of the Wolfkin was at its zenith. By having intercourse with a human, a Wolfkin can assume animal form. However, to return to human form, he or she must kill another human. The female Wolfkin possesses an almost insatiable appetite for intercourse. Every man she lies with is then afflicted with the curse, and will become a wolf. In their new feral state, the males become insane, desperate to return to human form. Only a virgin man makes a suitable mate...

The dreamlike vision faded, and he was once again standing in the cottage. Rowenna had slipped her arms around him.

Thomas gulped. "What are you doing? Unhand me at once!"

"I want you to be my mate," Rowenna said. "You are pure, and so perfect." She thought him an attractive man, with his shoulder length black hair, good teeth and well-built muscles, that came from years of riding.

"I have pledged my life to serving God!" Thomas spluttered. "Your heathen, beastlike ways will not lead me into temptation." He said this, even though he was already in a state of arousal; to his shame, his erection was straining painfully against his breeches. He continued to mumble various prayers, in a futile attempt to repel her advances.

"Open Thou mine eyes and I shall see :

incline my heart and I shall fervently desire :

straighten my steps and I shall walk

in the way of thy commandments..."

"Hush now, my sweet." Rowenna purred. Her lips were on his neck, lingering, kissing him. Her hands were in his hair and they were kissing, her sweet breath making him feel light, weightless even. Without thinking, his hands were on her neck, her back, her belly, boldly exploring places he'd barely dared dream of.

"Let's take this off," she whispered, unfastening his collar and buttons on his clothing.

"Lord in heaven, please forgive me!" Thomas stammered, as he was led into temptation. "O Lord, hedge up my way with thorns, that I may find no path for following vanity. Hold me in with bit and bridle, lest I fall away from you."

"Everything will be fine. I promise. Close your eyes if it makes you feel better." He hesitated still, but her smile was reassuring and gentle. "I promise you'll like this."

Thomas was harder than he'd ever been in his life, but he didn't need his eyes to tell him that. He shivered as Rowenna unfastened his breeches and ran her hand through the patch of soft hair above his manhood, stooped to kiss him there. "Oh!" he gasped as her warm palm encircled him.

"Mmm. So beautiful. So virile. Your restraint is admirable. You've denied yourself for so long, Thomas."

"T-this is a sin!"

She kissed the very tip of his member, and he gasped and moaned, his muscles tensing.

"God forgives all sin -- just let the feelings come. Relax and let it take you -- it's what we were made for. You don't have to hold it back -- just let it come." With that, she closed her lips around his head, tasted him with her tongue.

"Let it come." Rowenna whispered, pausing for only a moment. Thomas sighed deeply in relief as she enveloped him again, shuddered as he felt himself swell between her lips, the moment upon him now, unstoppable and inexorable. With waves of pure ecstasy the moment came, every nerve in his body shot through with pleasure as he released himself to her, surrendered to her. It seemed to last forever, like nothing he'd ever felt before. The fire washed over him in waves, each one stronger than the last, his body trembling and his manhood aflame. He groaned for the pure release of it, all the power in his body surging through him and into her.

A shiver travelled the length of Thomas' spine. It was a pleasant shiver. He was seized by a powerful longing to drop closer to the ground, and race nude and unrestrained through the night in long, graceful strides, through the woods, where all was wild...

"Ahhh! Dear God!"

She pushed him gently backwards onto the bed, casting off her own apparel, before climbing atop him.

"Rowenna..." Thomas was powerless to resist, mesmerised by her beauty and the infernal passion she'd ignited in him.

"Mmm." She relaxed her hold a bit more, eased her weight onto him and felt every inch of his virgin shaft as it smoothly slid inside her. Then, unbelievably, they were joined -- it was really happening.

"Uhh..."

She planted a kiss on his lips and emitted a peculiar cry.

No. Control. Self-control. Thomas thought.

Her sounds pierced him.

He must exhibit self-control.

His heart pounded.

That cry. That sweet, eager, wild cry.

Thomas could only grit his teeth and squeeze his eyes shut tight, heart racing and overcome by the sheer sensation and the moment itself. After a second, his hips began rising and falling furiously. It was such exquisite torture, fighting the urge to power his way to completion as fast as he could. The feel of her womanhood as it sheathed him.

"Rowenna...." His lips were at her neck, his hand tracing her nipple. He increased the pace of his lovemaking slowly, understanding now why she'd done what she had earlier. Still Rowenna held him, checked his pace. He slipped in and out of her slowly, agonisingly. He buried his face in her neck and inhaled their shared scent - she had an intoxicating earthy smell, which awakened something primeval inside him. It felt familiar yet strange. The smell, darkly sweet. The smell of the hunt, the kill.

"That's it, Thomas my love. Awaken him. Awaken the wolf within!" She yelled and sighed, throwing her head back and climaxing.

"Unnnnnhhh! Yes!" With a roar of release the witch hunter surrendered, feeling his essence coursing through his body and into hers. He moved as quickly as he could now, hungry for as much sensation as he could survive. They were one at last -- the culmination of all his hopes, his dreams, the yearnings of his heart. They were one, and the force of it was greater even than he imagined...

Thomas felt a shift taking place in his marrow and bones, in his blood and organs, in sinews and cartilage and muscles and skin, as tides of hormones and enzymes and other biological chemicals were produced by his body and washed through it.

All at once he was freed of all human limitations, set loose, liberated.

With Rowenna leading, the two wolves fled the cottage and raced across the fields, under the cover of the morning mist, heading to the far north, where in the legends it was said that wolves still lived. They had raced through woods and hills, raced and roamed, free, so free, seeking a place where they could live in peace. And hoped that soon there would be more of their kind in the world.

The Wolfkin would live again.

On Ederachillis' shore

The grey wolf lies in wait-

Woe to the broken door,

Woe to the loosened gate,

And the groping wretch whom sleety fogs

On the trackless moor belate.

The lean and hungry wolf,

With his fangs so sharp and white,

His starveling body pinched

By the frost of a northern night,

And his pitiless eyes that scare the dark

With their green and threatening light.

He climbeth the guarding dyke,

He leapeth the hurdle bars,

He steals the sheep from the pen,

And the fish from the boat-house spars;

And he digs the dead from out the sod,

And gnaws them under the stars.

Thus every grave we dug

The hungry wolf uptore,

And every morn the sod

Was strewn with bones and gore;

Our mother earth had denied us rest

On Ederachillis' shore.

--A Book of Highland Minstrelsy, 1846

Blacksheep
Blacksheep
150 Followers