The World of Dakota Grange

Story Info
Background info for the Dakota Grange series.
1.4k words
4.22
1.9k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Something to help make sense of the alternate world inhabited by Dakota and her friends. Not required for the stories, but useful for the imagination. No sex. That shows up in the first episode.

*****

The World of Dakota Grange

The World

  • It is some time after the year 2015 CE.
  • The United States (US) consists of 40 states and two territories. The land, which--in another reality--would have been the states of North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, and northeast Nevada, is part of the Great Sioux Nation (GSN). The rest of what would have been Nevada is divided between California and Arizona.
  • After the Spanish-American War of 1898, the US took Puerto Rico, Cuba, and, by trickery, Jamaica, all of which are states. Alaska and Hawaii are territories; there are no plans for statehood.
  • The GSN was born in 1876 after the death of the Lakota god George Custer, whose defeat at Little Big Horn by Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse united the Sioux tribes and their allies against the US, which then lost the Indian Wars. Custer is considered the inspiration for the GSN and is revered and worshiped. His golden hair is on display at the Council House in Mni Luzahan (Rapid City, SD) but only to citizens of the GSN. The Lakota Sioux dominate the GSN government and are openly hostile to the US, although the borders are peaceful. There is some trade and tourism but the Lakota treat all US citizens with contempt and even after getting a visa US citizens are usually harassed when traveling through the GSN.
  • Mexico is a chaotic shambles. It never really recovered from the Mexican-American War of 1848 and is the domain of warring factions and shifting allegiances. The border with the US is quiet because the US Army is more than willing to cross the border and severely kick the ass of any Mexican bandito or jefe militar who gets full of himself and takes a fight to the US bordertowns.
  • Canada is a former British colony, newly independent, and a thorn in the side of both the US and the GSN, which is about the only thing those two governments agree on. Canada is wary of the GSN and spends most of its efforts trying to destabilize the Lakota regime, leaving the US alone.
  • World Wars I and II never happened, defused by the Council through negotiation, subornation, and assassination. Franklin Roosevelt served nearly six terms as president of the US and, up until his death in office in early 1956 at the age of 74, was considered a champion swimmer and runner.
  • The Austro-Hungarian Empire teeters on the brink of collapse thanks to the meddling of Imperial Russia and the British Empire. The German Empire waits impatiently, plotting continental conquest. France dreams of past glories and makes wine and cheese, sending her sons and daughters to die in a seemingly endless series of conflicts in its colony of Indo-China. The Ottomans watch everything carefully.
  • Japan, once a burgeoning Asian power, now focuses inward after a disastrous invasion of China, which cost it nearly half its male population before wisdom prevailed and it withdrew to settle old internal feuds in search of the next shogun. China broods, healing the wounds of eight years of constant, brutal war. Its memory is long, its empire eternal and bent on cold, cruel revenge.

To be blunt, the world has a fragile peace and is positively aching for a revolution. For at least one hundred years an organization called the Brumaire Council--established at the end of the French Revolution--has successfully prevented a major war by manipulating people and governments. They don't mind if the pot simmers and pops every now and then, as long as it doesn't boil over. The Council is composed entirely of hermaphrodites (futanari), all of whom were educated at Huddlestone Academy. But what does the Council want? The answer isn't clear, even to the Council. Some want to breed many more of themselves and eventually take over everything. A world of nothing but true hermaphrodites and no pesky male foibles to ruin things (of course we know it won't work out--never does). Others want to breed selectively, maintaining the larger population (the ones who think they are normal) as unwitting serfs to a greater purpose which is to keep the true hermaphrodites as the ultimate post-human elite. If everyone is futa, how can I be special? It's this tension within the Council that keeps the lid on global events. They will eventually decide, but the decision can easily wait another hundred years. The Council is nothing if not patient. Are they immortal? Probably not. Long lived? Oh, yes.

Characters

Dakota Grange.

Our heroine. An orphan, raised in St. Paul, Minnesota by a series of foster parents, all of whom were kind to her but never really understand her. Age unknown but appears to be about 25. Part Lakota Sioux, hence her first name, given her by her first orphanage; Grange is the name of the street where she was found. Tall, nearly six feet, and well-muscled but not muscle bound (think Ronda Rousey or Meisha Tate, but taller and proportionally heavier). Classic Sioux features but her face is more narrow. Some think she has the look of a fox. Long black hair, worn in a single braid to between her shoulder blades. Blue eyes. A schemer, a con artist, a thief, a cunning ghost in society. She has the talent to partly assimilate the abilities of others through intimate contact, so in some sense she is a chameleon. If someone is strong, she becomes strong; if someone has sex appeal, she becomes even more desirable than she already is; if someone can work magic, so can she. The effects aren't permanent but she does retain a small amount of what she gets, which makes her more interesting over time. She is also a "full futa," meaning cock, balls, and pussy, all of which she is more than willing to use if she thinks it will get her what she wants.

Georgia Walter

Dean of Huddlestone Academy in southwest St. Louis, Missouri. Medium height, light brown hair with golden highlights and a touch of gray, trim figure, unknown age--young face, ancient hazel eyes. Member of the Brumiare Council, the shadow organization which has great influence over US government policy--think Trilateral Commission or the novels The Illuminatus Trilogy. Ruthless and very smart. She sees Dakota as a means to get what she wants. But what does she want?

Corine Kenneworth

Member of Huddlestone Board of Directors. Head of the Brumaire Council. Tall but not as tall as Dakota, full figure, unexpected muscle, red hair (dyed to hide the gray), green eyes, mid-forties. Aristocratic mindset, doesn't let rules get in her way. Frustrated by her daughter's antics but fiercely takes any chance to give her a leg up.

Maura Kenneworth

Daughter of Corine Kenneworth and student at Huddlestone. Medium height, tits and ass to die for (and she knows it, men and women lust after her), dark red hair, green eyes, 19. Saucy, spoiled, amoral (think Heathers). Full futa like her mother. Alternately envies and adores Dakota.

Ingrid Freyasdotter

Professor of Mathematics at Huddlestone. Fallen god (Valkyrie). Tall, blonde, svelte, gray eyes, perpetually 35, socially awkward, sexually frustrated. Full futa. She is uncommonly strong and frightens her sexual partners with the ferocity of her appetite. Ingrid is a somewhat special case; she's a lesser god, one who served as a sexual partner to fallen warriors (look it up) and she isn't dangerous, just depressed. Her abilities must be kept in check lest she lose control and hurt someone, drawing unwanted attention to the Council. Kind of like dear Aunt Claudia. She's nice enough around the house but you don't want her wandering the streets alone, not with that ax. Dakota becomes her best friend at Huddlestone--for obvious reasons.

Katherine "Kat" Lyons

Fallen god (Sekhmet, ancient Egyptian goddess of war). Tall--over six feet, dark hair, muscular, brown eyes, appears to be late 20's, fond of rough sex and any form of fighting. Dangerously strong, unpredictable, unaccountably fond of Dakota. Not so fond of everyone else.

A note about fallen gods.

They show up every now and then, confused and usually bitter. Got thrown of out heaven, dammit. I'll raise me an army of mortals to storm the gates and get me back in. Mortals are cheap. The Council has to keep these gods in check and it's a task left to people like Dakota, though the Council seems to have other plans for her. This plot element is inspired by Neil Gaiman's American Gods.