The Writer and her Muse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For the rest of the morning, she wouldn't leave me alone. It was a constant interrogation. It didn't stop with her, I should have known. Once she knew, everybody did. My secret was gone, and I received a barrage of provocative teasing and taunting from everyone.

It was fun for a while, but that wore off as the day dragged on. I couldn't have been happier when twelve o'clock rolled around and I could escape the madhouse. The cycle ride back to the caravan gave me a chance to unwind and chill.

There was plenty to consider. Was it a relationship, or was it just a one nighter? I hoped it was the first. I hadn't ever felt this way before. Even with Naomi, it was never like this. I was going to be devastated if Lesley didn't feel at least something of what I felt.

After a quick bite, i started back on her story. I was like three chapters in when my phone rang. Delia...

"Hi, Delia, what can I do for you?"

"Oh nothing, I hear you're back on Annabelle's book?"

"Yes, I'm trying to get through some of it now."

"I am not ungrateful, but for goodness sake. What happened? Did she call you?"

"Something like that. Sorry to be a pain, Delia, but now I'm days behind, so could you give me some peace while I try to get through it."

"Yes, of course. When do you think you will be finished?"

"Not sure, but it will be quicker if you leave me alone."

"Absolutely, my dear. Thank you for the change of heart. I am glad you are back on board. Annabelle sounds happy, as well. A win, win, as they say."

"Goodbye, Delia." I disconnected without waiting for her response.

Feasting on my sandwich, I worked through the story. Again I was sucked back into it, her words drawing me in. I could feel myself living amongst the characters, they were so real.

The only distraction was the constant mistakes. The wrong words, the spelling. It was reminiscent of a primary school aged child. It was hard to stay on focus, but I battled through it, several times rewriting whole paragraphs, looking for improved readability.

It was about four thirty when I heard a car pull up outside. Th gentle knock on the door. "Virginia, are you home?"

"Yes, come in."

She walked in hesitantly. When she saw what I was doing, she asked with a hint of anxiety. "Is that mine?"

"Uh huh, sure is."

"Oh my god, look at all the red ink." She gushed in embarrassment. "You must think I'm a complete idiot."

I quickly hit save and jumped up into her arms. "No, not in the least. I sympathise. It must be hard."

Her face tightened. "I don't want your sympathy, Virginia."

"Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I was trying to say, I understand."

"No you bloody don't," she hissed angrily. "Nobody can understand. I don't do it on purpose, you know. I try."

I held her tightly, her tears welling up. "Hey, there's no need for tears. I was just trying to say I'm on your side. I don't think less of you. Christ, the story is amazing. It will easily go into the best-sellers pool."

"God, I hate it, I hate myself for being such a dunce."

We rocked back and forth as I comforted her. I was starting to see how this affected her. She had really low self esteem. Seeing her like this was completely different to the vivacious character who walked into the library.

After she dried her tears, she said, "I came to ask if you wanted to come up to the house for dinner."

"I would love to, but I really have to do this. Delia will be grumpy if I don't start to show some progress."

"You could bring your laptop and work from home. I could make you dinner while you work."

"Are you sure?"

"I would love it, and this time, bring some clothes. I was hoping you might like to stay the night."

Lesley set me up in her study. Damn, it was going to be difficult to work at the huge desk. A large picture window opened onto a one hundred and eighty degree vista of the coast. It was spectacular.

I heard her in the kitchen as I worked through her book. I was in the middle of rewriting a chapter when she peeked over my shoulder. "That's what I was trying to say," she said with a thoughtful sigh. "When I see it, I know it's right, but in my head, it's all jumbled up."

Her lips closed on my neck, her breath moist, hot, arousing.

"If you keep doing that, I'll never finish."

She nipped my ear lobe, giggled and walked out. I laughed softly to myself. "This was going to be tough."

She kept sneaking back in, her presence exposed by her hot mouth on my neck. The way she sexily nobbled and nuzzled. Bright red love bites appeared as she imagined herself as a starving thirsty vampire.

Bloody hell she had me squirming and writhing in my chair. Each visit became wilder, her hands sliding around my waist or over my shoulders. She massaged and caressed her way to my heaving breasts, my breath taken away by her amorous advances.

"Lesley..." I whimpered. "I can't work like this, you're driving me crazy."

"Thank heavens," she whispered erotically in my ear. "I would hate to think this meant nothing. Your body is amazing."

Her words tantalised, her hands squeezing my breasts, made it so much harder to stop her. It felt so damn sensual, all of my senses came alive, my muscles convulsed in tiny spasms, stretching and trembling. "Lesley..."

"Hmmm, yes I'm here, lover."

"What about dinner?" I squeaked, trying to distract her.

She leaned down over my shoulder, her mouth leaving a glistening saliva trail as she worked lower, pushing aside the nylon top. "Do you really want to eat?" She sighed breathlessly. My flesh quivered as her hot breath wafted across the tiny goosebumps.

"You went to all that trouble, we shouldn't let it burn."

Standing slowly, her hand gave my boob a final squeeze. "Yes, it will be ready soon. Damn you are a spoil sport." Her eyes sparkled as she sniggered throatily.

"I'm sorry, I would love to be in bed right now, but I have to get this done. It is your book, you know."

"I'm not ungrateful, Virginia, its just I haven't felt like this in a long time. You have brought out emotions I have missed. I feel so excited around you."

"I feel it as well, Lesley, I really do, but this is serious. Delia will not be happy if I don't get this finished by next week at the latest."

She lifted me out of my chair, pulling me into a searing kiss. "I appreciate your work." She gave me a mischievous grin. "Can I call you Ginny? Virginia seems so formal."

"Ginny... Nobody has ever called me that, yes. I like it."

"Hmmm, so do I. Its sexy as hell. Ginny, It has a nice vibrancy."

She grabbed my hand and led me to the kitchen. I got the plates and cutlery, as Lesley served the food. It looked delish: spicy garlic crab cakes, with a creamy sauce.

As we ate, we talked about the book and where I was up to. The passion of her storytelling emerged as we discussed the main female character: strong and sexy. It was one of her endearing qualities. All her leading ladies were like that, strong and sexy, vibrant, and it shone through.

Talking to her excited me, I couldn't wait to get back to it, and the real Lesley coruscated. Her personality when talking about writing really radiated. The passion and emotion came to the surface, and it gave me insights into where the story should be going, I saw things that I missed earlier.

I raced through my dinner and almost ran into the study. Poor Lesley was left to do the clearing up herself.

With the emotions of our earlier sexual frolicking, I was excited enough, but now, I was on fire. I raced through the edits, filling in the missing bits, capturing the flow, re-routing some of the wordage. I was so carried away, I missed that Lesley was sitting beside me. It wasn't until I heard her saying. "Yes, oh my god yes, yes, yes," that I noticed her.

I glanced at her, and she squeezed my arm. "Oh, that's it exactly. That's what I was trying to say. You're so much better than me."

"What? No. I could never have thought of this. It's your words, I'm just rearranging them."

"You don't get it, Ginny. You're the only one who sees it exactly as I do. Oh my god, you have encapsulated my thoughts, untangled my mixed-up words."

"What about Eileen, surely she must have done the same?"

"No, Ginny, not like this. Yes she converted it into English, but you, you unlock my words, find the emotions. That's what was missing, emotion."

She sat beside me, enthralled as I twisted my way through her words. It was almost like code, I knew what she was thinking, I could see it, and it became second nature.

Her arms snaked around my waist, she leaned closer, the heat of her body rousing fresh sensations. It may have been a combination of the writing, her words, and the feeling of her body. My body responded, ticklish little electric shocks made me shiver.

My legs squeezed together, my thighs writhing together, my pussy tingling. Her head leaned over, resting on my shoulder, and again her wet juicy lips nuzzled away at my neck. My concentration now shot, I stopped working. Turning to her, I lifted her head and our mouths collided in a deep sensuous kiss. My insides burned, the passion igniting a hunger that seemed impossible to quench.

There was no denying the elation. I felt it in her as well. My hand sliding up her leg, only to discover she had already taken off her panties. "Bloody trollop." I giggled against her neck.

"Yes I am, you make me like that. Sexy bitch."

"Bitch, am I?" My hand caressed her swollen labia, the lips already moist and slippery. Her clit vibrated under my touch, my fingers dipping into her open pouting sex. "God, you're such a wanton hussy."

"Like you aren't, you little minx. You want it as much as I do."

I giggled as her hands found their way into my knickers; her fingers were like slippery tentacles, easing between my lips twisting and turning, curling against the sticky gooey depths. She searched for my secret spot, the one that made me go all squishy.

We started fumbling to remove clothes, each giggling as we fiddled. "Shall I just take my top off for you?" She sniggered playfully.

"Yes, it's your fault I can't hold the buttons. You got my fingers all wet and gooey."

"Shouldn't have had them in my pussy then."

As the clothes disappeared, she said, "Should we just go to bed, this floor is hardwood, not very cosy."

Naked, the sheets thrown back, we kissed passionately, out tongues frivolous in impish delight, our naked bodies writhing, curling around each other. I trapped her leg between mine, my pussy rubbing on her thigh. I felt the lips opening, sticky with desire. She moved, wriggling until her pussy rubbed on my leg, tribbing, as she moaned loudly into my mouth.

"Fuck, Ginny."

Yes." I slid my hand between her legs, her clit fat and swollen. It wriggled under my fingers: wiggle, grind, and gyrate

*****

The morning arrived way too early. My eyes still stuck together, refusing to open. Heavy weights pressed down, making it impossible to open them. My alarm roused Lesley, as well, and she reacted by snuggling closer, her leg trailing over my hips, tightened. "Stay," she whispered.

It was a delicious way to start the day, her luxurious body cuddled up tight behind me. Her lips suckling on my naked flesh... "Heaven must be like this," I whispered.

"Oh, I certainly hope so," she replied softly, her words muffled by my skin.

We cuddled for a little bit, but my alarm rang loudly again. "Lesley, I have to go."

"I know." She sighed.

When Trish walked in just after me, and I was in the kitchen turning on the kettle, she cried out loudly. "Oh my fucking god. Jesus, Cuz. Are you hanging with a vampire?" She ran her hand over my neck, covered by fresh love bites.

"Shit, oh dear, you are such a slut."

"Hey, cut it out."

She shoved me hard. "Chill, I'm just teasing. Holy crap, you guys must have been at it like all night."

"Yea,h sort of." I giggled proudly. I had nothing to be ashamed of.

"Wow, Cuz, when Tame and me do it, it's all over in a few minutes. Damn girl, I'm jealous as fuck."

The other staff walked in a few minutes later and we had our usual pre-start meeting.

We had been gifted some money to set up a children's play area. That required a fairly major reshuffle. We had to move some shelves. It was pretty full on. I was in the midst of re-stacking the moved shelves when I heard, Lesley's voice behind me.

"Busy day?"

I turned to see her standing just behind me, looking amazing as she always did, chic, elegant and of course, gorgeous. "Yeah sort of. What are you doing here?"

"Had to bring back a book the librarian loaned me, it was overdue. Then I was hoping you might like to go to lunch with me?"

"I would love to." Looking past her, I saw Trish staring at us intently. "Lesley, some of the people in here know I have been seeing somebody. I don't know if you're prepared for everybody to be gossiping about you, mostly you. If you're not ready for that, then I suggest we keep things a little discrete."

"Yes, I should have known. You don't want to be seen hanging around with a boring older woman like me. Probably doesn't fit with your cool persona."

Frowning, I grumbled. "I was thinking of you, not me. I'm not embarrassed to be out. I would be proud to announce to anybody listening that you are my girlfriend."

"Wow, girlfriend, that's a bit presumptive of you, my love."

Confused, I moaned. "Then what would you call it? What exactly are we; is there a we?"

She moved closer, her body pressing up against me. "Ginny, I don't believe in labels. I'm too old to be a girlfriend, but I like the sound of lover, ingenue, inamorata. I like the sound of all of those."

"Hmmm, I do like the sound of that. What about the gossip? My friends in here now know I'm a lesbian, are you ready for that?"

"Most people know I'm a lesbian, Ginny. I don't care about that. My only secret is my writing, nobody knows about that."

I slipped my arms around her neck, leaned in and kissed her. I felt her mouth open sexily, her slippery tongue sliding seductively into my mouth.

When we parted, both breathless, she giggled. "I take it, that's a yes to lunch?"

"Yes, can I introduce you to my friends?"

She smiled, "If you're ready, then so am I."

I held her hand and walked her over to the other librarians, who all stood with their mouths agape. "Hey guys, this is Lesley, we are," I arched my brows as I glanced quickly at her, "friends."

She smiled. "Hello, friends of Virginia. That was a nice introduction sweetheart, but we are more than friends. We are lovers."

Trish was the first to speak, well, if you could call her gasping "Fuck me," talking.

Over the next couple of weeks, we spent more and more time together. I don't think I spent one single night in my caravan. I moved my meagre wardrobe, slowly but surely, onto her floor.

When the editing of her book was complete, we sat down together and went over it until she was completely happy. I let her send it off to Delia.

The sun glistened off the water, a gentle breeze blew softly. I was introducing Lesley to my music playlist as we lazed in recliners watching the ocean, when my phone rang.

"Hi, Delia, how can I help?"

"Virginia, dearest. Just thought I would let you know. Annabelle has sent me the new book. I have to say you did a magnificent job, and she seems particularly pleased with your efforts."

"That's good to know. Thanks, Delia." Lesley glared at me questioningly, so I switched to loudspeaker.

"You know, Virginia, this is remarkable work. I have to say, I am super impressed, darling."

"Appreciate the compliment."

"No, I am serious, Virginia. You have really helped bring out the best of Annabelle, its like, gosh I don't know how to explain it. It's like you were working with her. This is so much better than her earlier work, this is just wonderful."

"All I did was fix up some spelling. It had nothing to do with me, Delia. You should be complimenting Annabelle."

"Oh, I have, darling. We spoke this morning, and she was so effusive about your input. It seems like you two have become friends."

I glanced at Lesley, who smiled mischievously. "Yes, we exchanged a lot of emails."

"I'm going to include a little bonus with your cheque, just as a personal thank you. When are you coming home? Surely you must be sick of living in that awful caravan by now."

"No, I like it, I'm thinking about staying."

"Oh dear, surely you jest. It's horrible over there. You need to come home, darling. I miss you."

Lesley gave me a quizzical glare, and she didn't look happy.

"Delia, I like it over here, but I could use some extra work. Being a librarian doesn't pay much."

"I will rustle up some more work for you. We have just taken on a new author. I will send you some of his work."

When I disconnected, Lesley said inquisitively. "Did you and Delia have something going on?"

"What? Good god, no. We are friends. We used to go out for lunches and stuff. She is well and truly lost to the world of men. She even likes big hairy ones."

"Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like an accusation. I can be a bit insecure."

"It's okay, I know how that feels. I don't want to spoil the moment, but I have to ask. I have to ask. Where are we going? I don't want that to sound like an ultimatum. Just that talking to Delia made me think."

"Wow, straight between the eyes." Her eyes fixed on mine, she never flinched. "I don't know, I guess that is the honest answer. I like you a lot. I love having you around. You seem to get me, if that's not too much of a cliche. It sounds tacky, but I'm weird. I know that, everybody says the same thing, but you seem to understand."

"Thank you, but you didn't answer the question. Now that I have finished your book, I don't know where that leaves us. Should I move back to the caravan?"

"No!" she yelped. "I don't want you to leave. I just said I love having you here. I don't want that to change. I would like you to move in. I know its sort of fast, but I love having you around."

"But what happens if now that we aren't working on the book, we lose that connection?"

"No, my love, I can't see that. I want to see where this goes."

I moved in properly the next day. Putting my clothes in her wardrobe made me think. Her stuff was all labels, all designer items. Mine, all brought at K mart, or The Warehouse. No labels for me. She had something like a hundred pairs of shoes. Every colour, every style. Heels, boots, hi-cut, knee high.

Her drawers were all filled with Victoria secret lingerie, again, the very best. I was lucky if I could find a pair with no holes. In some regards, we were so different. I guess I had to hope that old adage about opposites attracting was true.

Our worlds were now in orbit together, our lives intricately entwined.

Lesley never made a big deal out of me stealing five percent of her wardrobe space. In fact, when she saw my clothes, she said. "We should go shopping, get you some new clothes. If you could get some time off, a day or so, we could go up to Tauranga, have a shopping trip."

"No, not a chance in hell. I can't afford it at the moment. In a couple of weeks, when I've got some more work from Delia, then maybe."

"Ginny, I wasn't suggesting you had to pay. It was going to be my treat."

"No, I got that, Lesley, and I'm not ungrateful. If this relationship is going to work, then somehow it has to be equal. I'm not here for your money."

"Oh, for heaven's sake." She snorted. "I never thought you were. I just wanted to treat you, do something nice for you."

"Yeah well, I'm not a charity, Lesley. I can pay my way. I don't need your benevolence."

It was our first falling out, but it wasn't going to be our last. Money was at the centre of most of our battles. She wanted to pay for everything, whereas I wanted everything split. When I offered to pay something for staying in her house, she flipped completely, and we had a knock down drag out fight. We yelled and screamed, I ended up sleeping on the sofa, wishing like hell I still had the caravan.