All Comments on 'There's Another One'

by masustacy

Sort by:
  • 184 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I'd personally tempt it with the tickets, just to see if she would.

I'd never live my life wondering if she would.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine4 months ago

I too read all the FebSux stories. Just because. Sometimes I like the RAAC, but most if the BTB.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Small plot hole: according to the story, hubby knew that wifey was close to cheating, and the story here leveraged the dynamics of the Feb Sucks storyline(s) to maneuver wifey into admitting that she was close to cheating. However—upon reviewing the very beginning of the story, it is THE WIFE who branches the topic of Feb Sucks stories. What if she never did? Would hubby have just let wifey stray? Seems to me that this story should have had hubby bringing the topic up and then proceeding as he did to elicit the confession from wifey 😎

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr974 months ago

I would have loved to give this one 5 stars but the same problem happened in this one that happens in far too many loving wife takes. The wife already cheated. Going out on a one on one date with another guy and giving him a smoking hot kiss is unequivocal cheating, the kind of which this hubby says he would never tolerate.

He lets her off the hook exactly as Linda was and the fact that she didn’t have sex with him doesn’t matter in the least. If you truly couldn’t tolerate your wife cheating then when he drops the bombshell that he knew it should have been followed up with a declaration of separating. It’s entirely possible that a marriage can implode with all the quiet firepower of a fart instead of a nuclear explosion. Realizing that your wife was willing to swim in those waters even if she wasn’t willing to go full skinny dipping would be more than enough for someone that cannot tolerate cheating to pull the plug. Walking her right down that path then letting her know the marriage was over because of what she chose to do would have given this story SO much more impact. Taking her back basically negates the entire point of what he did.

jkthekatjkthekat4 months ago

Very entertaining

TeggeTegge4 months ago

Very well done. Fresh, original and well thought out. I've read it three times and it's right on point. Thanks! 5*

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOats4 months ago

This might be the best of the February Sucks follow ups. Well done!

waifwaif4 months ago

Finally, someone boldly took a trope where no trope had gone before.

Well played.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades4 months ago

Nice twist to the saga. Thanks for your writing.

oneagainstoneagainst4 months ago

Very meta... enjoyed the read. Nice to see a LW story with a brain between the ears...!

Just_WordsJust_Words4 months ago

Interesting story. She behaves badly with "a smoking hot kiss", he knows about it, but they end up laughing? That didn't seem right.

lc69hunterlc69hunter4 months ago

Love the twist on the story

lc69hunterlc69hunter4 months ago

I still think @grendlepuppy had the best take of the bunch

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo4 months ago

I had to laugh at the ending. A good twist on the February Sucks redux onlaught.

GerMagGerMag4 months ago

A few hours ago I did read Topspot101's take on FS follow-up and did comment it is one of the best. Yours definitaly belongs to the best as well. Thank you, i really enjoyed.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster14 months ago

This was a different take on FebSux, and I thought it was cleverly done.

It had what seemed like a very detailed and scientific deconstruction of the original "February Sucks" by the Master, George Anderson at the beginning. It then morphed into a FebSux mirror, reflecting into the couple's relationship in the brush with their own Mark Lavelliere and their own Dee, both buried inside their circle of friend relationships.

The mention of him having her followed was dropped into the conversation almost as a 'throwaway' statement - mentioned once in passing - but it infers that he knew something was possibly going to happen. He addressed that possibility, and then eased the relationship back to a safer place, but when he heard her speak favorably of the comedian, the vigilance he described had him sell the tickets to the comic's show he had bought as a gift.

The ending bore out his views of the FebSux scenario in real life...

...he would have to keep an eye on his wife, as it seems she could be led to an 'out of marriage' experience in the right (wrong ?) circumstances.

Five stars and a follow from here.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere4 months ago

The discourse is the reason I've sworn off follow-up stories. In fact, I almost skipped this one. The subtitle was the save, and the fact it ends with an almost double-meaning was just the icing on top. Still not going back to reading the sequel stories though!

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice4 months ago

Creative spin on the original content. I liked the ending with the tickets.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

More than a tale this seems a psycho-manipulative fempov proclama. describing the husband reasoning like he had a female brain. There is not a single realistic husband-male opinion here, just husband-female opinions made in the exclusive interests of the slut wife. Once in a while let the husbands have their own male brain.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut4 months ago

I see the "M" word crops up, misogyny. I'm always surprised, I thought there would be an equal number, but missandrists are so rarely mentioned.

For variety I lived in Bradford, West Yorkshire and the majority of the population there are just plain misanthropes.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

She lied to him repeatedly in the beginning about her part in the conversation about a hall pass. That wasn't really addressed. She isn't trustworthy.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

She gave kurt a smoldering kiss. Kept it from her husband. She cheated....period. commence the burning of the bitch....

mndhanson017mndhanson0174 months ago

The moment that Kalimaxos story was mentioned, that was the L for me because that wife was already leaving to have an affair because she misinterpreted what Deidre told her and jumped to the conclusions. She wasn't pushing to open the marriage, she was going for revenge on a misinterpretation, that is she actually talked with her husband, she might have cheated still because of her friend, Penny, another nurse was already cheating on her husband as well. In this case, the wife already cheated and was trying to lie, like he said, she should have confessed about the kiss with Kurt and she was likely plotting to go after Matt Rife too, it's not a close call like the tag said, she'll likely be more discreet moving forward and he would have to keep an eye on her.

GlancerGlancer4 months ago

Clever! Well played, and written!

funperson969funperson9694 months ago

Very creative, original, well thought out. And well-written. Also, good subtle exposure of men's innate drive to brag...

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent and original follow up. Well done.

deependerdeepender4 months ago

A very interesting analysis of a mysteriously magnetic modern myth. These bare two characters that I would enjoy reading about again. Thank you.

luverlybubblyluverlybubbly4 months ago

thisc bloke is as bad as Jim, both weak bastards

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I felt like I was reading a review by literary critics (Or a movie review by Siskell and Ebert). And that is NOT a good thing. Didn't like it at all.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Before a woman fucks a man in her pussy, she fucks him in her brain. This wife had decided to listen to her friends' bullshit about her husband. This wife had decided that fucking another man was acceptable. This wife had decided on which man she was going to fuck. And the husband thinks he has cleverly dissuaded his wife from committing adultery? No, the stupid cuck just caught her in the act of preparing to fuck another man, and the wife now knows she can't get away with it. But she would've if she could've.

\

This is not adultery avoided, this is adultery curtailed, before cock enters pussy, but not before cock enters her brain, and the asshole's tongue was enthusiastically accepted into her mouth. If this husband thinks his wife is suddenly and permanently rehabilitated then he deserved the eventual fucking over she's going to perpetrate upon him. She's already identified another possible cock she'd love to try. If the stupid cuck doesn't get some kind of post nuptial agreement then he deserves the consequences.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Garbage like all of the other versions.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well written and intelligent. Great quip at the end

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

First rate: clever, amusing, unique take on the Mother of All LW Stories. 5*****

BSreaderBSreader4 months ago
Interesting

Story she had already cheated by not telling him about Kurt meeting. Plus Kurt and his bitch wife wasn't dealt with.

AethurAethur4 months ago

I enjoy the story and agree completely with the criticisms posted. Most of these beloved stories on LW are like popcorn action flicks directed by Michael Bay - they are targeted at a base nature that loves little more than action and explosions.

---

With that said, the problem with saying Linda is a character whose backstory we don't know, whose personality we don't know, is that we can infer a lot from Jim's reaction. It was clear that the OG was taken completely off guard by her actions, such that if she did have a history of cheating, he wasn't in the know. Her actions afterwards (from what I remember, I haven't read the original in quite some time, but the references here helped jog some of my memory) were cold and calculating to ensure she ended up with what she wanted. Jim was a weak male, but in the story, he had absolutely nobody looking out for him or his interests. That's part of the reason why so many writers go after Linda and give her the harsh treatment. It's part of all people to want to see the hero win and the villain get his or her comeuppance (fairy tales, Disney princess stories, LW cheating wives stories, etc.).

---

Thanks for sharing your story. 5*

njlaurennjlauren4 months ago

A different side take. When the wife says Jim has no choices he does, it is just that none of them are good..when his wife says he acts in the best interests of the children that isn't true, living in a house where one parent hates the other us aweful, take it from me. The other thing she glosses over is that Linda in the original story never pays any kind of price, in the story including to the end she is only sorry Jim got hurt, not that she did it, it is why ppl lambaste it.

I agree many lw stories lack any depth and are misogynistic; the reality is men who cheat are a lot more like Linda or the other women, where sex is just sex, what he did didn't take away from her, etc. I do agree few women would do what Linda did though, women aren't wired that way, they also tend to be a lot more wary then men.

I liked the ending to this story, liked the twist at the end.

With all these FS stories popping up I wish I could publish my satire on these stories ( involves a reader of the storles going off the deep end and looking for revenge on the authors; gets rejected for promoting illegal acts, meanwhile Lit publishes lw where lovers are fed to sharks, buried in concrete, castrated, wives kidnapped and sent to Mexican brothels.. if anyone wants to read it it is on SOL ( stories online) as February Oh February,or contact me on here, ill attach a copy :)

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Is masustacy a nom de plume used by Matt Rife?

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0354 months ago

Worked too hard to discredit the original without actually being anything more than a shallow version. Wouldn't waste my time on it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

When you are talking about stories written about (usually heartless) cheating wives, it is a phenomenally incorrect and off base to talk about "misogyny". Just plain stupid. The cheaters could have been men (ie, gay marriages) and ALL the same points would have applied. That is obviously NOT misogyny.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The biggest mistake a man can make is letting another man make his woman smile.

silentsoundsilentsound4 months ago

Witty but I'm meh about the resolution.

Happily_Married87Happily_Married874 months ago

One of the better Feb. Sucks takes enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This is really smart, perhaps even brilliant, in clever, thoughtful, and insightful ways. Very much worth the read in the midst of a junk pile of angst-driven February sucks verbosity and misogyny. Although, I must confess that in my almost seven decades on this earth, I have not yet met a woman that either I, my siblings, or friends give a hoot about who seems capable of evenconyemplating a Linda/Mark-thpe stunt. I simply can’t imagine any person with even a micron of reflection who would do something like that.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

He says he won't accept her cheating. He just did though. Emotional cheating is cheating. "Smoking hot kisses" of the romantic variety to anyone other than your partner, is cheating. Waiting for an actual dick to penetrate in order to call it cheating is pure nonsense, unless you are a horny president trying to save face with bs. He says he stopped her for cheating. A man who feels the need to stop his wife from cheating, shouldn't be married with said wife. Unless he is of the same cucky breed as the protagonist of the original story...If the irony of a protagonist doing the exact same things he claims to despise, is intentional, it's a very smart story. Otherwise author needs to reflect a bit on their characters and see if their thoughts and words match their actions.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Who wants to live their life having to have eternal vigilance?

There's a remedy for this problem: it is called divorce.

Ridiculous69Ridiculous694 months ago

Clever. Witty. Well told and refreshing

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This story was very well done and one of the best continuations of Feb sucks. People that claim not to like the story must simply not understand what good writing looks like in their pea sized brains (I swear half the LW readers are chimps at keyboards). I will say that this is an "erotic story" site. Things like overstatment, hyperbole, lunacy and downright craziness are to be expected. That's what one gets on a fictional story site. Thanks for the fine effort.

XluckyleeXluckylee4 months ago

A different slant on the story. It gives a different way to think of the original story. 5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I think for spouses to go through life completely untempted by another is unrealistic. In some sense, we all trust our spouse to "do the right thing" and guard their heart and behavior. Each half must "choose" their spouse every day, and sometimes all day long. This is partially why it's so devastating when our trust is betrayed, because that contract is broken. In this case, the wife has already broken trust with her husband, was not honest about it and therefore he's got a long row to hoe. Even though technically nothing happened sexually, the underlying foundation of their relationship has been washed away. That really should have been emphasized in this story. I feel like she got away scot-free with minimal fallout and will tuck that in her hat for the future.

Buster2UBuster2U4 months ago

10 Big Blazing Stars to the writer for unique look at Feb Sucks, BTW it is obvious to me, that this Ph.D. wife had wonderful enjoyable sex with "Kurt" her best friend's hubby who is working with his wife "Amelia" at seducing all her friends. Just that our Hubby's PI wasn't able to get a camera in the bedroom where it happened. A smoking hot kiss only signals to me that Not only did they have sex, but she enjoyed it alot and intends to do it again. Our Ph.D. wife was relieved that her Hubby is in the dark on this and he believes she didn't cheat after all the cock she took from Kurt their night together on their secret date. Very good job showing another cheating wife, showing that None of them can ever be trusted to do the right thing because we are all human, we all make mistakes, and most everyone will cheat if they believe that they won't get caught. So, the real question is "Is it better to go through life with 'Rose' sunglasses thinking everything is always fine, that your spouse has never cheated, or is it better to constantly watch your spouse, waiting for them to cheat so you can be the first to divorce them? LOL that is another eternal question. Thanks, Buster2U

Buster2UBuster2U4 months ago

One thing that these younger generations don't have to guide them is a Big Larger than life real action Hero that always knew the right thing to do. That action Hero, was Mr John Wayne, who almost single handedly won WW2 fighting the German Nazi's and Japanese Zero's. John Wayne ALWAYS knew the right thing to do. If he could have gotten his hands on Marc LaValliere, he would have kicked his ass out ot the Night Club so badly his career would have been in doubt. For Linda, he would have left her to take care of herself and swim in her own shit, NEVER to heard from again. As kids, we knew who the "Man in Charge" was (John Wayne) we would always ask ourselves< when befuddled, What John Wayne would do. LOL Today's kids can only ask "John Wick" what he would do, I suspect we all know the answer to that. Making it look like an "accident" would be the tricky part. Just my Opinion. Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Loved it. Husband handled her temptation well. She was being set up but resistant, but her so-called friends (really swingers) were wearing her down. He was vigilant and took action and called her out before it went to far. Fortunately the worst thing she had done was a lengthy good night kiss. Surely a problem showing how she was leaning but intervention was still possible. The meta on LW stories and February Sucks was great. Disagree with Just Once. The many alternates all skew the same way. Just variations of BTB. The wife's betrayal is massively worse than Linda's in FS, and she deserves only absolute scorched earth. And usually gets it. This story is 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

1 star, she suffered no consequences, means she'll now think she can get away with it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The bitch is skank in waiting. If he wasn't having her followed or confronted her about Kurt, she would be fucking him soon. Husband seems like a loser

maninconnmaninconn4 months ago

Nice job illuminating the FebSux phenomenon. Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Absolutely fantastic.

Great weaving!!!

Great premise!!!

Great plot!!!

Great!!!

DeanofMeanDeanofMean4 months ago

well done stupid to forgive her though

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great expose of the dynamics in play and why we read and write around this topic and story in particular. Fun stuff! Love everything you write!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Absolutely a great,well thought out written story.The only mistake made was not having divorce papers available to present to her to emphasise how seriously close he was to having officially served her..Action speak volumes,talk is cheap...5 stars..JZK

Just_GymJust_Gym3 months ago

Funny ending.

Five stars just for that.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Stupid man and a future skank

consulting91consulting913 months ago

Great commentary on the original. A really nice variation.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very very very good. You totally nailed that one. One hopes he saved his marriage and that the wife truly regrets being stupid and letting herself be manipulated. I'd love to see a follow up with all their friends together while the two MC's take down Amelia and Kurt for their antics and maybe see if other friends had been stupid or not. Excellent story about the popularity of the FS storyline and its many rewrites. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Yeah if these two represent academics then I think college and Uni's are making people dumber or at least removing 10-20 IQ points, before you try to shoehorn me as unintelligent I could give up 20 an still be well over average. Just 2 more quick points, misogyny is the hate or contempt of women not EVERY guy who questions, insults or judges a woman, just because I personally think the majority of women are self-entitled narcissists who live in delusion STILL does not make me one as I do not have any hate or contempt for women, maybe for feminists but not women. Point 2 any alt to FS that has reconciliation is twisted and disgusting, you are basically saying that even after having all his male virtues stripped (valor,honor,self-respect,courage) and being mentally abused and humiliated in the worst possible way, that even then Jim deserves no mercy no release from the hell he is in - what sick sadists you people can be, the few alts were Jim self deletes aren't extreme or bad, they are the only versions that actually show mercy and release to his poor tortured soul.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd22 months ago

He definitely needs a post-nup and marriage counseling. She most definitely was all set to cheat.

kirei8kirei82 months ago

Only one thing missing. After telling her he knew about her date and the kiss, he served her with divorce papers. After breaking her superior attitude, he would tell her to keep the papers where she would constantly see them as a reminder she was not as smart as she thinks she is. And only his loving nature was giving her this first and last chance because she really did not want to see his response should it ever happen again. The trust he had in her is gone forever!

James G 5James G 52 months ago

Any woman who uses "misogyny" that way is a misandrist.

oldtwitoldtwit2 months ago

Nice try, lots of comparisons of how others have taken a punt at giving that great story any other endings not sure that it's really a good story to run with George's, it really seems to be in a completely different plot line

oldtwitoldtwit2 months ago

Nice try, but it seems to be a totally different plot line, it really doesn't fit with George's story at all, it looks to me as if you have used the story's total just to get people who like the original to read something from you. Which I find hard to believe

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos2 months ago

This was very clever and very meta. It is also an entirely complete "loving wives" story that does a fair critique of George Anderson's shit-tacular brain poison, "February Sucks".

<>

I concur with the author - I think most of the rewrites are entirely because of how outrageous the story is. Linda is a soulless robot who beeps platitudes without any empathy for Jim. Jim is cornered by the plot and narrative, destined to only have indignity after indignity heaped upon him. The eventual resolution by deus-ex-LW focuses only on "correcting" Jim's perception of Linda's betrayal and then like a shitty magician, George Anderson reveals the trick at the end, further emasculating Jim.

<>

Also, I agree - a dramatic close call and some character growth is often more exciting than a revenge or "second chance romance" plot. We don't get enough stories like these, for some reason. I think it's because they invoke the ire of the "BTB" crowd because they have this idea that temptation means the end of a relationship (and sometimes things like outright rape, they consider cheating). I'm happy you took your own advice and wove this into your story... still, it's unsettling isn't it? It feels like a book that's still open, which is why people probably love those BTB stories - they're more definitive in ending.

desecrationdesecrationabout 1 month ago

In view, the point of LW is that the backstory and personalities do not matter; the cheating spouse has become a narcissist who has no real character except "me first." The real world examples available suggest that humans sometimes turn off their inner character and become zombies hell-bent on desire instead.

michael6363michael6363about 1 month ago

I loved your story.

So true:

"If the stories all bleed together, why did you go to the trouble of reading them all?" he asked.

"They pissed me off," she admitted. "I found that the more they pissed me off, the more I wanted to read the next one to see if it pissed me off too."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Very cleverly done. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Excellent.

murfncalmurfncal10 days ago

i have read many comments and most make some good points

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

The husband didn’t stop his wife from cheating, the date and kiss she had with the other guy was cheating. And the ease in which she lied about it shows that she’d probably do it again if she thought she could get away with it. Dude is probably going to have to be her prison gaurd for the rest of their lives…not really worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 hours ago

Not bad, but definitely not my favorite version. And the fact that he would need "eternal vigilence" clearly means that he still doesn't truly trust her. She clearly lied, disrespected him and strongly considered cheating. A clear indication of lots of marriage counseling AND a mutual post-nup. Not the silly BS of having a talk one night and resolving all their marriage problems and then going to bed and having such great sex. There should have been a recogniztion that they had lots of issues to resolve still.

And finally, the cutsy ending where the MC "doesn't want to tempt fate" and dumps the tickets because he doesn't trust her or what they supposedly have, or clearly don't have, which is trust and respect.

Sorry, but this is definitely not a 5 star story

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 20 hours ago

The MC was another weak character who knew his wife cheated on him and then lied and continued to hide it from him, and yet in a few hours talk, it's all good. Horsepucky. The way you described what she had done, their marriage was clearly on shakey ground and yet you whitewashed is all away. He clearly has no reason to trust her and as your parting comment indicates, he doesn't. Very sad.

desecrationdesecrationabout 20 hours ago

I dislike "February Sucks" because it is too symbolic; I like it because it packages up a complex issue into a single visual: the wife rejecting the husband for a trade-up in public. This is what divorce feels like. You have been downranked and someone else has taken your place. It rips the hearts of not just men but women, and most of the time, the partners do not find someone better, just another version of what they selected in the first place. Humanity is retarded.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 hours ago

"Well, look, February Sucks stories are a rite of passage for LW authors. Every writer with a catalog worth reading seems to have their own version." Not true. Absolutely not true.

26thNC26thNCabout 6 hours ago

Smart man. I read this again because I really like what you did with the story. I hadn’t even considered that Amelia and Kurt were grooming her to cheat. Well done.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermasustacy@masustacy
I am a writer who filling in time and learning some storytelling skills. Most of my stories involve married couples with fidelity issues. I’m well married, so I’m not sure where the angst comes from. — Update May 2024: I finished a Halloween story which missed Halloween by ...