Theresa Leblanc

Story Info
A homeless young woman finds love unexpectedly.
7.6k words
4.52
22.2k
40
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jj26809
jj26809
220 Followers

Theresa Leblanc had just finished feeding her 2-year-old daughter her cereal and milk in her 2008 Corolla and was planning on heading back to Wal-Mart in downtown New Orleans when she turned the key and heard the dreaded "Click-Click". Her car had a dead battery. Frustrated, Theresa was banging her head on the steering wheel when a stranger knocked on her window. She looked up with tears in her eyes and stared.

"May I help you, miss? You look like you're having some trouble", said the stranger.

"My battery died, and I can't afford to fix it. I can't stay here all night", wailed Theresa.

The stranger was 29-year-old Lt. Jacob "Shark" Nance, United States Navy. He was about 6' 2" and weighed in right at 190, all muscle. His sandy blonde short hair made him very masculine looking. Theresa didn't even notice how good looking he was as she was distraught. Jacob, looking into her car saw her little girl and blankets, a couple of ratty pillows and some clothing. She was apparently homeless he thought. "Miss; are you living in your car?" asked Jacob. Theresa just nodded and began crying.

Jacob Nance, Shark, as was his call sign was a Naval Aviator flying FA/18's. He graduated from Texas A&M with a degree in mechanical engineering. From there he went to Princeton where he received his law degree. While in law school, he and a buddy went to see an airshow where the famous Blue Angels were giving a demonstration. Jacob was immediately hooked and inquired about becoming a pilot. Since he had a degree and was in law school, he was accepted into OCS and upon graduating he was commissioned as a full Lieutenant. He had a six-year commitment and his law school would be paid off. Miraculously, the Navy sent him to flight training in Pensacola instead of JAG or Judge Advocate General's office. Because of his intellect and mechanical abilities, Jacob sailed through flight training and was assigned the FA/18. After a couple of tours on a carrier, he was now assigned to Belle Chase Naval Air Station to conduct training for new Hornet pilots.

"What's your name, miss" asked Jacob. He told her his name.

"Theresa. Theresa LeBlanc. That's Casey, my daughter. Please don't call the police. I can't lose my little girl" she pleaded. "We've been living in my car for the past two years. I'm trying go park at Wal-Mart where they have security. I don't know what we're gonna do" she wailed.

Jacob took out his phone and made a call. "Hey Screws. It's Shark. Listen, how soon can you get to Brookshire's on Veterans? Good. I have a friend who has a problem and I'm out for a run. See you in twenty." Screws was a petty officer working in the motor pool. While Jacob only knew him a couple of months, they bonded over a love of cars. He then said to Theresa: "My co-worker is going to come take a look. In the meantime, let's get you two something to eat. My treat."

The three, walked next door to a fast-food place where Jacob ordered the adults a large burger, fries and a drink and a kid's meal for the Casey. As they walked, Jacob took the time to check out the mom. Theresa was a naturally cute woman in the girl next door kind of way. She was about 5' 3" and maybe 100 pounds. She needed to add a least 10 to 15 pounds. Her dark brown hair was long, about midway down her back. She had a nice round ass and small but perky tits. A button nose with a couple of freckles and piercing hazel eyes set her off. She was really cute if she could eat right.

"So, tell me about yourself" said Jacob.

"Well, I'm twenty-three and have been homeless for about two years. When I was a sophomore at Tulane, my roommate and I went to a frat party. I was given a spiked drink and raped. Even though I reported it to campus police, it was the frat's word against mine. Anyway, I ended up pregnant. When I told my parents what happened, they threw me out. Dad's a noted developer here and their unmarried pregnant daughter was a disgrace. I got a job as a waitress at Olive Garden but was fired later in my pregnancy. I was told I couldn't keep up and was slow. At the same time, I couldn't afford school on my own and moved into an apartment with another girl. When I couldn't pay the rent, she threw me out, knowing I'd have no place to go. I had Casey at Charity and when they found out I had no place to go, they called child protection. I escaped before CPS could get there and been living in my car. I get by pan handling and no I don't hook. That's my story. What about you?"

Jacob simply told her he was a sailor in the Navy and just got stationed at Belle Chase. While he wanted to get to know her better, he didn't think it prudent to reveal too much about himself. He did want to help her out.

"Listen. I know you have no reason to trust me, but I have a two-bedroom apartment about a mile away. Why don't you stay with me for a while and see if we can get you back on your feet? I am on leave for 30 days and have about three weeks left. You and Casey can have your own room, though we'd have to share a bathroom. It would be safer for you and no strings attached."

About that time, Paul "Screws" Jones, Petty Officer USN saw Jacob though the window and waved. The three walked back to her car where Screws determined in addition to the battery it needed an alternator. When Theresa heard this, she began to wail again. Jacob simply handed Screws his credit card and told him to fix it. Paul then drove them all back to Jacob's apartment and went and got his trailer and picked up the car.

Arriving back at Jacob's apartment, Theresa looked around. While small, it was definitely better than her old Corolla. The apartment had two bedrooms separated by the bathroom. It was small but functional with a tub shower combination and single sink. The kitchen was small with a minimal number of cabinets, an electric stove and dishwasher. The walls were all painted white along with the doors and baseboards. Again, it was functional. There were few pictures on the walls or other decorations. Typical of a man, there was a large flat screen TV on a table. "This second bedroom can be yours. I need to get a bed, but we can move the couch in for now or I can sleep on the couch and get a bed tomorrow. I need to get one anyway."

With more tears, Theresa said; "I don't know how I can ever pay you back. We'll be out as soon as my car is fixed." She then gave him a big hug.

"Why don't you go take a nice long hot bath or shower. I'm sure it's been a while since you could relax. You can take Casey here with you or if you trust me, I can watch her. I promise I won't hurt her."

Theresa decided to take and bathe Casey with her. It was a long luxurious bath; one she hadn't enjoyed in a while.

The next day, Screws called. "Shark, the alternator is shot and so are the brakes. It could use a new belt and a tune up. The parts should run about $350.00. Who is this girl?"

"You have my card. Just do what it takes. She has had a hard time of it, and I want to help."

"You got it bud. See you tomorrow evening I hope."

After the call from Screws, Jacob took the two ladies to buy some furniture and some essentials. Theresa complained about him spending too much, but she was grateful. A quick trip to Sam's got them a bed and some clothes etc. Both the girls had threadbare ratty clothes.

Jacob's three weeks flew by and the three became for comfortable with each other. Jacob was enjoying having somewhat of a family for the first time in his life. He was close to his parents and older brother, but this was different. For her part, Theresa was amazed at his generosity and felt safe, but wondered why he had never made a move on her. "Just too ugly and with a kid", she thought.

When it was time for Shark to go back on duty, Theresa got up and made coffee and breakfast for him. She had been doing that since they moved in, but this was earlier. It was also the first time she had seen him in uniform. When Jacob came out of his bedroom, he had his uniform with his shoulder boards of LT. rank as well as his aviator pilot wings. "Wow!" she exclaimed. You told me you were a sailor who worked with the aircraft. You never said you were an officer and a pilot. What else don't I know about you?"

"I'll tell you what", he said. "We'll talk more when I get home. I should tell you more about me. It may make you feel better about me. In the meantime, I have to eat and get going. Talk to you later love."

Later that evening, Jacob told her his life's story and his education and how he came to the Navy. He told her about his hobbies and why he drives his restored '94 Bronco etc. She went on to tell him about her life growing up and majoring in business and her love of dance like ballet etc. It was eye opening for both of them.

About six weeks later, Charlie Nance, Jacobs older brother was in town for a conference. He was a geologist for an oil company in Houston and it was an opportunity to visit. When Theresa greeted him at the door, he just stared. She was wearing a pair of sweats and a Navy T-Shirt. She had filled out more and with makeup had turned from merely cute to adorable. After the introductions, Theresa took Casey and went to her room to give the guys privacy. She could hear them talking.

"Dude, you tapping that sweet thing or what?" asked Charlie.

"Shh. She may hear you. I wish, but she is so hurt. She was hurt by a man. She's probably turned off by us all. I am trying to help them out. Truth be told, I love that little girl and would love to ask out the mom and see if we could start something. I'm starting to develop feelings for her. I want what you have bro. A nice wife and kids. I doubt she would even consider me though. Even if she would, who wants to be stuck with a sailor?"

"Are you kidding me? Does she know you're a pilot? I get it now. You broke down and told her you a damn lawyer. No wonder she won't give you the time of day. Just kidding dude. It's only been a few weeks from what you said, and she is adorably cute. Her kid is too. I think you should tell her how you feel."

Theresa did in fact hear the conversation. She now knew he didn't think she was ugly, but he was as scared as she was. She was thinking that Jacob has been nothing but kind and gentle when he didn't have to give her the time of day. He even spent money on her car and furnishings and clothes. She decided she would take the lead when the opportunity arose. She also wondered if he would even be interested in her after all.

A couple of days later, after Charlie left, Theresa asked Jacob if they could talk after dinner. Jacob feared what was coming. The girls had been with them for almost two months now and with her car now repaired, he figured she was leaving. He had to think of a way to keep them.

"Jacob, I have to confess, and I hope you're not pissed at me. You've been such a good guy and very generous, but I was wondering why you never tried to hit on me or even ask me out." Jacob opened his mouth to speak but she shushed him. "Let me finish. I overheard you talking to your brother. While I don't want you just "tapping" me as he so vulgarly put it, if you are interested in developing a true relationship, I am open to it. Just remember, it's us and not just me your getting involved with. No matter what, Casey comes first in my life. I've started to have feelings for you and still have, despite you being a lawyer." She said with a smile.

"Sweetheart, I'm so relieved. I dreaded the thought of you leaving and that's where I thought this conversation was going. I know you've been hurt in the past, so we'll take it at your pace. As for Casey, we've been like a family unit for two months now. That won't change except you and I will date. Sometimes with her and sometimes without. I will pay for any babysitters."

"Jake, that's my new nick name for you if you don't mind. Jacob seems so stuffy. There are a couple of things you need to know. One of which may turn you off. First, other than the frat party, I've never had sex with another man. I can't even begin to think what love is. I'm still damaged goods but truly believe you can heal me, if I allow you to and you're willing."

"Calling me Jake is fine but only you. You obviously know how I feel about you and will do anything in my power to help you heal. I'm honored that you have faith in me."

"Also, Jake, I know your successful. Why you would even want to be with me, a doughty single mom, is beyond me but thank you. I don't want you for your money or future earnings. I want you for you. I plan to try and get a job now and pay you back and contribute. I'm may be presumptuous, but I assume you're allowing us to stay."

"That goes without saying my dear. This is your home now."

"My parents are well off. That's why they disowned me. I was an embarrassment to them. Dad's a developer and mom is in real estate. High society and all. Thing is, she probably fucks her clients to make a sale. I would eventually like to try and at least have some kind of relationship with them. I guess that's up to them."

"Let's try and make that happen. Maybe now, they will be open to it. It's been what two or so years?"

"Almost three. Now for the biggie. With you an officer and all, this may not be good. I probably have a warrant out for my arrest. I was arrested for panhandling. Being homeless, I was afraid they would take Casey. I was desperate. I never went to court. I'm so sorry to spring this but I'm afraid of losing her. You too now." She was crying now.

"Shhh, honey it's ok." Jake moved next to her on the couch and held her. "I'm not going anywhere and certainly not kicking you guys out. The first thing tomorrow, I will go to the courthouse and see what I can do. I'm not licensed here in Louisiana, but I am a military JAG officer. Worst case for something like this, is a fine and maybe community service. It helps that you have a home now." Jake leaned over and went to kiss her forehead. Theresa looked up and instead, gave him her most passionate kiss and a big hug.

"I could fall in love with you so easily Jake. I think I already am. Don't know why you'd want me. I'm sure somewhere in your mind a voice is saying RUN, RUN from the crazy chick with all the baggage."

"That's easy." Jacob said with a grin. "You're cute as a button and have a really sweet ass that just begs for a good tapping." She punched his arm for that one. "Seriously, I've got to know you and see what a good mom you are. You cook, clean and take care of me without me even asking. We even can sense what each other is thinking sometimes. I've dated a variety of women and none seemed to click. I only want to date women who are at least an 8. On the inside that is. To me, looks are secondary, though you certainly have that. The last one I dated was telling people her "future husband was a fighter pilot and was snotty to most of the other women. The thing is that was after only 3 dates. I've only known you for two months but already feel that you're "the one." My concern for us is me being with a Naval Aviator. I am gone a lot and it can be dangerous. Up to nine months at a time while on sea duty. Only time will tell." Again, Jacob got a big hug and a kiss.

The next day, Jacob called the parish (Counties are called Parishes in Louisiana) courthouse and requested a meeting with the judge responsible for Theresa's summons. He was able to schedule one in about a week. Luck was not on Theresa's side, however. During a routine plate check, one of New Orleans' finest ran her plate and it came back with the outstanding warrant. She was pulled over and arrested.

Once at the precinct, she immediately tried to get a hold of Jake. Unfortunately, he was flying a training mission. After several attempts and messages, she made a desperate call to her mom. "Mom, I've been arrested on an outstanding warrant. I need help. I had the warrant for pan handling and skipped because I was afraid for Casey. I don't know what to do. I tried calling my boyfriend, but he is busy at work."

"Theresa? Is that really you? We've not heard from you since you left some three years ago. Why now?"

"Mom, I left when you and Daddy kicked me out. Even though I was raped, you didn't believe me. If you don't want to help and ever see your granddaughter, then I'll try to figure something out. Bye."

It was about four hours later when Jake got his voice mail. He immediately tore off downtown to the precinct where he found a crying Theresa. Casey was with a female officer and was about to be sent to CPS when he arrived. He located the desk sergeant and found out his girlfriend was being detained for failure to appear. She ran from the summoning officer. She would be detained until a bail hearing could be set. He was able to take Casey. Theresa was relieved about her daughter.

The next day, Jake was able to attend the detention hearing. The hearing was with the same judge, the Honorable Melvin Picard, with which he had his meeting scheduled. When he arrived, Theresa was sitting at the defense table but had no attorney. The prosecutor was seated across. When the court was called in session, the judge, saw no defense attorney. "Do you not have an attorney Miss Leblanc?"

"No, your honor. None has been appointed and I can't afford one."

"Well I see that Louisiana politics have struck again. We'll just have to postpone the hearing until one can be appointed."

Jacob stood and said: "Your Honor. May I approach the bench?" Theresa, not knowing her now boyfriend was in the courtroom audibly gasped and began to tear up.

"Exactly who are you and what is your interest in this case Lieutenant?"

"I am Jacob Nance. I'm currently stationed at Belle Chase as an instructor pilot. While not licensed in the State of Louisiana, I am also a JAG lawyer and have passed both the New York and Texas bars. Miss Leblanc is my girlfriend and if the prosecution has no objection, I would like to represent her. Pro Bono of course."

"Mr. Boudreaux, do you have any objections?"

"No, your Honor. Let's get this over with. "

"OK, now Miss Leblanc. You were summoned for pan handling and failure to respond. How do you plead?"

"Guilty your Honor. I was afraid that being homeless, you'd take my baby. I have a good home now with Jacob, Mr. Nance and am looking at going back to school."

"How did you become homeless in the first place?" Theresa told her story about her party rape and how her parents threw her out. "Well, I can't condone skipping out of my court, young lady. 143.00 dollar fine and 20 hours community service. Court's adjourned. Lieutenant, may I see you in my chambers?" After telling Theresa to wait in the vestibule, Jacob followed the bailiff to the Judge's chambers.

Back in his chambers, the judge greeted Jake with a smile and firm handshake. Jacob returned the greeting warmly. Jacob looked around the judge's chambers. It had a large oak antique desk with matching credenza. A round table with four chairs were in the corner. In front of the large desk were two antique side chairs. What really caught Jacob's eye was the photo of a younger looking judge in front of an Apache Helicopter. It was prominently displayed between the Judge's diplomas. "Have a seat there, squid."

"Yes, sir your Honor."

"Call me Mel, son while we're in private. What exactly do you do in the Navy? You've got your wings and you're also with JAG?"

"I'm primarily a pilot. I do help the JAG locally when something comes up. You flew helo's?"

"Yeap. Enlisted out of high school. Went to flight training out of boot camp and stayed six years. Did two tours in the sandbox. Paid for college. Believe it or not, I still fly privately. Not a cheap hobby and wife bitches about it. She's afraid I'll bite the big one flying around the city. At least no one shooting at me. Not generally anyway. So, Mr. Nance, how'd you get involved with the young lady who was just in my court?"

jj26809
jj26809
220 Followers