They Walk Among Us Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
boneams
boneams
740 Followers

Dusk, 7 miles East of Predjama.

Andrejcek Crojemic was on his way back from the meeting in Stockholm. He was confident that the deal to get the railway diverted to Predjama was in the bag, at least it had better be. He paid off the director with almost everything he had, even the money left over from mortgaging his house to the city. If it went through, he was in a position to make a fortune. If for some reason that shifty little politician didn't come through, he would surely lose everything.

Andrejcek's horse started to shy away from the brush that lined the dirt road. He pulled the reins over, trying to get the horse to stay on the road. It was getting dark and he couldn't afford to have his horse stumble and go lame. If he did, Andrejcek knew it would take forever to get back, and he needed to continue his retraining of Nevanka. Before long, she would be the sluttiest wife a man would ever need.

"Come on you stupid horse, get back on the damn road. There isn't anything but squirrels out there," he told his horse.

It took only a few more strides before he headed away from the brush again. "Damn it. Get your ass back over there or I'll slap you fucking silly!" Andrejcek screamed.

As Andrejcek raised his hand to slap the horse's head, his horse whinnied and stood up on its hind legs. The movement was so sudden and violent that Andrejcek had little time to grab the horn of the saddle. As he landed hard on the ground, the horse was in such a panic that he accidently stepped on Andrejcek's thigh. He screamed out in pain as the bone snapped cleanly in two. The wounded Mayor could only grab his leg and look on as the horse darted off in the distance.

Andrejcek tried to stand up, he found it difficult, but finally succeeded. He looked over towards the brush and thought that maybe he could find a tree branch to help him hobble home. As he hopped towards the thick brush, he heard a low noise. Andrejcek stopped where he was and turned his head, trying to better define the sound in front of him. It didn't take him long to figure it out. A deep angry growl emanated from the darkness.

Slowly, as if the animal was trying to scare him even further, the creature stuck his head out. Andrejcek tried to scream out in fear as the huge head of a wolf appeared, but couldn't. Andrejcek had seen many wolves in his time but nothing that compared to this. As more of the creature emerged he could tell it must be a mutant of some kind, this thing was almost the size of a black bear. The paws alone were as big as a human head with what appeared to be razor sharp claws.

Andrejcek tried to take step back, but his injured leg wouldn't allow it and he fell to the ground. He saw the creature's overly large canine teeth and knew he was going to be savagely torn to pieces. As the wolf approached, it seemed it was moving with a purpose, almost as if he was not just deciding on killing him, but how. The creature stopped with his head hovering over his chest and Andrejcek could feel the wetness of the creatures drool.

The creature stared into Andrejcek's eyes as if trying to read his mind. When Andrejcek looked back at the wolf, it appeared the creature was thinking. Pondering on the decision to kill him or not. Maybe he could reason with it to spare his life. Was it possible to rationalize with a wild animal?

"Please leave me alone. I'm not here to hurt you so please go back where you came from," he said.

The wolf circled around Andrejcek's head and he thought the tactic worked. Suddenly the wolf swung his large paw at his arm, slicing his jacket sleeve along with the flesh it was covering. Andrejcek grabbed his injured bicep and pressed tightly. When he screamed out for help, the wolf looked up into the darkening sky and howled loudly. Andrejcek thought the beast was mocking him. As if to say, 'go ahead and scream, no one will hear you.'

The large brown creature moved toward Andrejcek's uninjured leg and looked into his eyes again. With lightning speed, the beast sunk its teeth into his knee, puncturing the artery and shattering the joint. To accent the injury, the wolf clawed his thigh to shreds. As the Mayor lay wreathing in a puddle of his own blood, the wolf moved the other side of his body.

'Oh God! This wolf is toying with me. Like it's enjoying taking its time' he thought.

It turned its head toward Andrejcek's groin and released another deep growl. Andrejcek lifted his head up and starred at the huge beast. Dragging his inevitable death out was agonizing as if it had a vendetta not just with humans, but him personally.

"Come on you stupid fucking mutt! Get on with it or go back and hump your bitch!" Andrejcek screamed.

The animal turned its head to look at the injured man lying on the ground. Andrejcek was a little confused as he watched the animal start to tremble. It was almost as if it was part human and it just became very angry. The wolf roared with an intensity of which Andrejcek had never heard. In one swift move of its paw, the beast swiped at Andrejcek's groin.

The sharp claws removed his cock and balls, along with opening up his lower abdomen allowing his intestines to spill out onto the dirt road. Andrejcek screamed out in agony as his genitals flew over his head and landed on the other side of the road. He tried to move away using his one good arm but the wolf put his paw on top of his broken leg causing him to screech out again. The wolf lowered its heavy head until it was just inches away from his face.

"I don't deserve to die like this," he whimpered as the beast opened its jaws and removed Andrejcek Crojemic's face off his head.

********** Nevanka sat on the modest couch awaiting the return of her husband. She had the top buttons of her dress undone allowing her breasts to hang out. This was the way she was told to be when he got home and after last night's rape, she didn't need to be told twice. Her face was emotionless as she wondered where he was, he should have been home hours ago.

She didn't see the erotic nature of sitting like this. Even though she was a beautiful woman, how could anyone get an erection from looking at her? Her face was still badly bruised and her lips swollen, and the oral sex that she was forced to do this morning didn't help matters any. Nevanka was lost in her thoughts so the sudden knock on the door startled her. Quickly buttoning her dress, she opened the door to find the old man who ran the livery stable.

"Good evening Mrs. Crojemic," he said as he tipped his hat in respect.

"Good evening. My husband is out right now. You'll need to come back in the morning if you need to speak with the Mayor," she told him as she put her hand to her face. 'I must look hideous, please leave. I'm ashamed enough already,' she thought.

"Well miss that's what I came to tell you. A few minutes ago, the Mayor's horse showed up at the livery without him. He was covered in sweat and jumpy. Something must have spooked him pretty good to be in that kind of shape," the old man told her. He tried hard not to stare.

"Oh. Thank you for coming over and telling me. I'm sure he's fine; he's a very accomplished rider. I'll tell him you have the horse when he gets back," she replied.

The man tipped his hat and turned to leave but stopped. He turned back towards her and looked at her with a sad face. "Miss, if it means anything I think what happened to you is wrong. No matter what you'll always be pretty to me." Nevanka closed the door and leaned back against it. If she were a hundred times stronger, she still would not have stopped the tears from flowing down her battered face.

She finally pulled herself together and went back to the couch. When she was comfortable, she unbuttoned her dress again and pulled it to the side. If he came home now and she wasn't ready, there would certainly be hell to pay. As she waited for her abusive husband, the words of the old man ran through her mind repeatedly. 'He was just being polite. No one would ever want me again now that I look like this,' she thought to herself.

There was another knock on the door. Nevanka opened her eyes and noticed the sun was shinning through the kitchen window. 'Oh no, I must have fallen asleep. Where is Andrejcek? He should have been home by now,' she thought.

The knock came again, but harder this time and Nevanka raced for the door. When she opened it, she saw the town constable standing on the front porch. His eyes traveled down and he blushed a bit. Nevanka looked down and noticed her breast were visible from the open dress. She had totally forgotten that it was open waiting on Andrejcek to come home.

"I'm sorry, please excuse me. I was um, just getting dressed," she said quickly as she pulled the garment closed.

"Excuse the intrusion Mrs. Crojemic. I was wondering if I could come in and talk with you?" he asked as he averted his eyes to the side of the house.

"Yes, Sir. Please come in and sit down," Nevanka told him, then quickly went into the bedroom to make her face more presentable.

"Would you like something to drink? I don't have any coffee fixed yet but I could bring you some water," she called out to him.

"That's not necessary Mrs. Crojemic. I just have a few questions for you," he replied as he studied the interior of the house.

When Nevanka returned she took a seat next to the officer and quietly stared at the floor. She tried to keep the damaged side of her face away from him.

"Mrs. Crojemic do you know when the last time you saw your husband?" he asked.

"It was yesterday morning. He went to Stockholm to discuss business and he didn't come home last night. The stable master came over and told me his horse must have thrown him," she told him as she raised her head and looked at him.

"I'm sorry that I have to be the one to tell you this. Your husband was found dead early this morning. He was discovered about seven miles outside of town," he told her, then reached for her hand.

"What happened? Was he robbed?" Nevanka said softly.

"No Nevanka. From what the riders who found him said it appears that some wolves or wild dogs attacked him. That would explain why his horse got spooked and bolted," the constable told her.

"Do I have to identify the body?" she asked quickly.

"Nevanka I'm afraid no one can identify the body, it's pretty ripped up. To be honest, I almost got sick just listening to him describing it.

"Then maybe it wasn't Andrejcek. Maybe it was someone else," Nevanka tried to reason with him. "They found his wallet. It was Andrejcek Crojemic," he informed her.

Nevanka had a blank stare, as if she was in shock. "I'm really sorry for your loss. This is the part of my job that I hate the most, so if there is anything...," he said quietly.

"No. I think I really want to be alone right now, thank you for coming. Please let me know when to collect his body," Nevanka whimpered.

"I have a few men on their way right now. They should have him to the undertaker later this afternoon. If you prefer, I could come over and escort you over there," the constable offered.

Nevanka shook her head in agreement but turned her gaze to the floor. The dispirited officer got up and went to the door. When he was safely outside, he turned back towards the door and wondered. How in the world could a woman feel saddened for a husband that was a manipulative bastard like the Mayor?

While the battered wife sat in her home wondering what to do, Baldomr sat at the dining room table picking at his lunch but not really eating. The voice of Nevanka still rolled through his mind from yesterday. Her words hurt him immensely, but he couldn't be sure if it was to pain him or protect her? Just then, Cilka walked in to collect her dishes.

"Sir, I am never going to get my chores done if you just keep picking at your food," she said sternly as she placed her hands on her hips.

"I'm sorry Cilka, I guess I'm just not hungry," Baldomr said, pushing the plate away from him.

"If you don't mind me saying so Sir, you haven't been the same since yesterday afternoon. Then you go out last night and it seems it's worse now. Where did you go out to?" Cilka asked politely.

"I had to help a friend with a problem," he told her but continued to stare off into space.

"Were you able to help him with his problem?" she asked.

"It wasn't a man, it was a woman," Baldomr replied quietly.

"Oh, I see," Cilka responded with a bit of happiness.

She picked up the plate of untouched food and then looked down at her employer. "She must be something special to have you tied up in knots like this," she told him and then quietly left the room.

Baldomr didn't hear her, his thoughts were of his Father. 'Use it wisely. It should never be used for personal gain,' that's what he said a million times. Baldomr wondered if he'd done the correct thing. Did he use his gift for personal gain or was it to save Nevanka from a life of abuse? Did he let his ancestors down by losing his temper, or make them proud that he disposed of a despicable man?

Baldomr felt torn inside as he battled with his thoughts. He wanted to go see Nevanka, make sure she was all right but he couldn't. He was the cause of her new pain so it wouldn't be right. He got up and decided to visit the pub; maybe he could find his answers at the bottom of a few beers. Grabbing his hat, he headed out into the bright sunshine.

When Baldomr reached the edge of town, he looked over towards Nevanka's house. What he saw caused him to catch his breath quickly. The town's constable was leading Nevanka down the street. She had a black cloak on with the hood pulled over her head. The way she was holding on to his arm proved that she was aware of what become of Andrejcek.

Baldomr followed behind them on the way to the pub and saw that they went into the undertaker's house. He was sure that dead body of the Mayor was in the back, being prepared for the funeral.

"I hope you're ok Nevanka, please forgive me," he whispered as he strolled into the pub.

Baldomr was in the pub for just an hour when he had enough of the early afternoon drunks and whores. He left the pub and looked over at the diner, he saw Nevanka sitting by the window with her hood held tightly around her head. Taking a chance, he walked towards the little diner to speak with the woman who filled his thoughts. When he went inside, he stood by her table and looked down at her covered form.

"Hello Nevanka, would you mind if I sit down," he asked in a soft voice.

Nevanka looked up and saw that it was Baldomr. She quickly shifted in her seat and pulled the hood closer to her face. She shrugged her shoulders indicating that she didn't really care one way or the other. When he sat down, he motioned for the server to come over.

"Would you be so kind as to bring me a cup of coffee please," he said to the plump server.

When she left he turned to his tablemate. "I would like to apologize for my behavior yesterday. You were right when you said it was none of my business. I hope you can find it within you to forgive me," Baldomr told her. There was a small pause as if she was deciding whether to accept his apology.

"I'm the one who should apologize. I realize that you were just concerned for me, but please understand that I was also trying to protect you. If you had gone to the house to confront him, he would have had you arrested. I guess that doesn't matter any longer," Nevanka said still looking away.

"What do you mean it..." he started to say, but was interrupted with the arrival of his coffee.

When the woman left, Baldomr turned back to Nevanka. "What do you mean it doesn't matter any longer?" he asked.

"Andrejcek is dead. He died last night on his way home. The constable said it must have been wolves or maybe some wild dogs. That's why I'm in here; I was too upset to go home and needed to think," she told him without looking at him.

"I'm sorry for your loss. If there's anything I can do, anything you might need help..." he said but stopped when she turned to look at him.

"You seem to be under the impression that I'm grieving, far from it. Take a good look at me; do you think I could grieve for a husband that would do this? Besides, why are you sitting here talking to a monster? Hell, you could have any single woman in town, and probably some married ones too. Me, I don't think I'll ever be normal again," she told him.

"Nevanka, I didn't mean to upset you it's just..."

"I know you're just being kind to me Baldomr. The strange thing is, you don't really have to. I'm a woman, and women are good for one thing. Pity isn't it," she added and then looked away.

Baldomr looked at her in shock. He wondered how could a caring woman, who wouldn't hurt a soul, become so cold overnight? Her late manipulative husband must have done something so horrific that maybe she was right. Maybe she would never be normal again.

"First off Nevanka, I wasn't trying to pity you. You can be sorrowful for someone and be empathic to things that have happened to them but you cannot pity them. They can only do that to themselves. Second thing is, you have some injuries. Some of them are in the inside and they take time to heal. The ones on the outside are easier to fix," he told her.

Nevanka slowly turned and looked at the man who was trying to make her feel better. "The ones on the outside are easier to fix?" she asked him. The battered wife slowly pulled the hood down and Baldomr suddenly realized he did the right thing. There were large bruises all over her neck, but what made it worse was the deep human bite mark along her shoulder.

I need you to come with me. I know just the person who can fix you up good as new," he said with a smile, trying to make her feel at ease.

"I know, I should go to the doctor but I'm embarrassed and I spent most of my money on the undertaker," she said as she pulled the hood back over her head.

Baldomr threw some cash on the table and reached for Nevanka's arm helping her up. When he did, she grimaced in pain. He apologized and helped her stand up, then led her to the door. When he extended his arm for her, she just shook her head.

"I don't mean to sound unappreciative, but I don't want to give people any more to talk about than they already do. I'll just walk beside you," she told him quietly.

They quietly walked back to the castle. Baldomr felt like he should say something but didn't really know where to start. He couldn't figure out what hurt her worse the people staring at her or the wounds themselves. When they arrived at his door, he opened it for her and allowed her to go in first. When he closed it, he looked around quickly.

"Cilka, would you come here please," he said loudly as the sudden sound of his voice made Nevanka jump.

"Yes Sir. What can I do for..." she said but stopped short when she noticed he had company.

"Oh I'm sorry; I didn't know we were having company. Sir, you really should tell me when you're bringing guests over," Cilka said as she wiped her hand furiously in her apron.

"Sorry about that Cilka, this is Nevanka. She could use some of your special help, if you know what I mean," he told her.

"Oh I see. What seems to be the problem dear?" Cilka asked as she stepped closer.

Nevanka paused for a moment, and then slowly lowered the hood off her matted blond hair. Cilka gasped in shock as the wounds came into view. She didn't know what to say to the woman who was visibly shaking.

"I slipped on my tea," Nevanka said quietly.

Cilka's face quickly turned to that of understanding. "That's what they all say dear. Women now days need to find something else to slip on," she told her, trying to calm her fears.

She held Nevanka's hand and led her to the kitchen while Baldomr went to his study. He knew that Cilka was better than any doctor was and didn't need his help. When Baldomr sat down in his high backed leather chair, he closed his eyes and thought about the recent events.

boneams
boneams
740 Followers