Thief, Warrior, Lover, Legend Ch. 01

Story Info
Before he was the Dragonborn, Ragnar was other things...
8.4k words
4.61
5k
11
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is based on the Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. If you haven't played it, there are spoilers throughout the story, so reader discretion is advised. This story will cover many topics of a sexual nature. Warnings will be given if it deviates from what is considered 'the norm'.

For those reading 'The Dragonborn Comes', this is a sort of prequel to that but won't completely relate. Mostly it's just the same character.

Usual disclaimer. All characters etc owned by Bethesda.

Chapter 1 - The Virgin Warrior

*****

My name is Ragnar. Some called me 'the Broad', as I'm tall, being a Nord and all, and due to genetics, I was, well, broad. Others called me 'the Fearless', as during my times in the Fighter's Guild of Cheydinal, I'd proven to have little sense of self-preservation though none doubted my bravery. Some, trying to make a joke, called me 'the Blonde', because I had long, dirty blonde hair that most Nords had, plus I think they were joking about my intelligence. I'm the first to admit I'm not the smartest of men, but I'm not a complete dullard either.

Before I begin to discuss my time in Skyrim, I guess you need to know about how I was and why I ended up walking into Skyrim and a series of life-changing events. I'm not sure where or when I was born, as I learned at an early age that I was an orphan, but I was probably born in the Imperial City. I was given the name Ragnar by the headmistress of the orphanage I lived in at a young age, and told early on that I was a Nord, who called a country named Skyrim their home. I never did learn who my mother or father were. Not that I tried too hard to find them. I'd been abandoned on the steps of the orphanage barely a few days old. I'd clearly been unwanted.

I spent ten years at the orphanage before running away, not that I think they would have been too bothered about that. There was only one woman who worked there that all the children liked. The headmistress was a stern, almost cruel woman, while the other two women who worked there cared little about our welfare. Looking back, I'm not sure why they even worked with children, but by the age of ten, I realised I wasn't wanted there either, and had long since found friends with the street urchins.

Leaving the orphanage behind was a good choice, personally speaking. There were a group of kids who worked together, about a dozen of them, all looking out for each other, everything stolen was shared, and they never seemed to go hungry. The older ones taught me the finer art of being a pickpocket, how to tail a mark, how to be invisible in a crowd, and most importantly, how to get away as quickly and silently as possible.

We made a great team, and I thought I'd made some lifelong friends. But living and working the streets was dangerous, and over the years, we lost more than one to the city guard. And some people had no problem injuring if not killing us. I lasted six years before I fell afoul of a mark. By this stage, we were working for the Thieves Guild, most of us kids on the street being recruited at the age of fourteen. Still young enough not to draw too much attention, old enough to look after ourselves. And even at fourteen, I was larger, faster and stronger than the rest.

But while I had all those qualities, I was still a dumb kid. The job was one of the hardest I'd been given. Break into the house of a local lord in Cheydinhal and ransack his safe. I was probably overconfident, but while I managed to break into the house without a problem, the lord and his bodyguards were waiting for me in the darkness. To say I was beaten would be an understatement. By the time they were done with me, I had numerous broken bones, bleeding from numerous wounds, and how I survived was only a miracle... and a lot of magic and healing potions.

I had been rescued by a member of the local Fighter's Guild and they sent for a healer and priestess to look after me as I recovered. They kept me under for around three days to lessen the pain. Waking up on the fourth day, the healer and priestess were still by my side, as was a member of the Thieves Guild, standing at the foot of the bed with his arms folded.

"Easy, child," the priestess said softly, her voice soothing, "You've been seriously wounded."

"Where am I?" I asked. My mind still fuzzy, I added, "What happened?"

"That's what we'd like to know," the guild man stated. It wasn't unfriendly but the tone was stern.

I looked at the healer then the priestess. "How old are you?" the priestess asked.

"Sixteen winters, I think. I'm not sure."

"And you're a thief," the healer stated. Not unkindly, but I probably looked like one. Rather filthy and my clothing was one worn by thieves.

"Not anymore. Not after..." I'll admit that I almost cried. The pain was horrendous, and I knew I'd screwed up royally. The lord would know my face. And if I didn't return to the Imperial City, the guild would come looking for me. My options were few, and none of them were good. Recognising I was still hurting, the healer gave me a little potion that put me back to sleep.

I was kept under for another week before I was finally woken up for good. The healers had done a bang up job, my broken bones having been set, the wounds healed up with only a few scars remaining, and there was only a lingering amount of pain that didn't bother me too much. I immediately thanked the healer and priestess for their help, both suggesting I should see them as soon as I was up and about. That left me with the guild man, who introduced himself as Corvus, the local master of the guild. He sat down on the chair once occupied by the healer.

"Do you remember talking to us a week ago?"

"Barely."

"Okay, I want to know a few things about you. Then I'm going to make you an offer. But you must be honest to hear the offer. Agreed?" I nodded immediately. "What's your name?"

"Ragnar. I don't have a surname. Some called me 'The Broad', others 'The Blonde'."

"Where are you from?"

"I live in the Imperial City. I'm homeless."

"And you're a thief?" I nodded. "Who injured you?"

I shrugged. "I never know the marks' name. I just had the address or name of the residence."

"I could ask, but that's not important. He or they are the people who left you for dead?"

"Do you blame them?"

He paused before answering. "I don't blame them for wanting to stop you. But even I can admit they went a little overboard. I'm being honest when I say they left you for dead, Ragnar. You're lucky to be alive. You should definitely go thank the healer and the priestess." I nodded, stating I would as soon as I could stand up. "Do you like being a thief?"

"I don't like being homeless. I'd like to have a warm bed and full belly each day."

"And how old are you?"

"Sixteen, I think. I'm being honest when I say I'm not sure."

He nodded again. "How long have you been working for the Thieves Guild?"

"They recruited me at fourteen, but I've been homeless since I was ten."

I think that surprised him, raising his eyebrows. "Where were you before then?"

"An orphanage. I left when I realised there was little point me staying until I was sixteen."

"So you've had a hard life?"

Shrugging, I said, "I don't blame anyone but myself. Each decision I've made was on my shoulders alone."

"A rather responsible outlook for someone so young." I shrugged again. I think that was a compliment. "So, want to hear my offer?" I nodded. "For someone so young, you're quite... large, Ragnar. Honestly, you already have the build of a warrior. All you need are the skills to be one. I'm willing to give you a way out of your current life. We accept men and women of all backgrounds, and as long as they follow the rules going forward, they will be accepted as one of us."

He looked at me, and all I could eventually say was, "You're serious?"

"I am. Do you really want to head back to the Imperial City, homeless, having failed your job, and still recovering from your wounds? Don't you want a chance to escape that life? Stay with us, Ragnar, and you have the chance of doing something good with your life. You will learn to be a warrior, honour-bound. You'll make coin, as you will be paid for every contract. Work hard enough, and prove your worth, and you might even end up running one of the guild chapters. But to get all that, you must agree to our rules and work your arse off to get there."

I agreed, and after giving me a couple of days to get used to moving around, I got to work. He had me working for at least eight hours a day. If I wasn't training with a weapon, I was doing exercises to get fit and slowly build muscle. If I wasn't doing either of those things, I was cleaning and sharpening weapons, polishing armour, or generally helping around the building. But, mostly, it was about the training.

It took six months before he was confident enough to send me out on my first contract, and I learned quickly that I wasn't to just turn up and start swinging a sword. Sometimes I would have to deal with a domestic issue. Occasionally it would be a pest problem. Every so often I would be sent to deal with some bandits, and that was when I knew all my training had been worth it, and I was rarely ever troubled by them. And then there were the missing person jobs, where I had to travel the length and breadth of Cyrodiil, feeding on scraps of information. I surprised myself by managing to find the person most of the time. Not always alive, though.

Once I started taking jobs and making some coin, I would do work for the other guild chapters around Cyrodiil, and slowly but surely ascended the ranks of the Fighter's Guild. Every day I improved my skill with the blade, and even took up archery as a hobby, Corvus having suggested it was always good to learn a variety of skills. As I approached my eighteenth birthday, Corvus suggesting I should use the date I was found by the orphanage as that day, he sat me down and asked a rather personal question.

"Have you ever been with a woman, Ragnar?"

"No, I haven't."

"Why not?"

Shrugging, I replied, "To be honest, I've been so focused on learning my craft and doing jobs I just haven't thought about it."

"You do like women though?"

I couldn't help laugh, wondering if he was insinuating something. "Yes, Corvus, I do like women. There are a lot of pretty ones around Cheydinhal. As I said, I just haven't worried about it."

"Do you want to get laid?" I must have looked surprised at the question as he started to laugh. "It's not a hard question, Ragnar. What date is your birthday again?"

"Twelfth of Midyear."

"Okay. That night, we'll take you out for a few drinks, then we'll head to a particular tavern that will cater to certain tastes."

"You mean a place of working girls?"

"Does that bother you? Or would you rather wait?"

"I'm not worry about it being special or anything. But now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind getting laid. Will probably be a lot more fun than my hand."

Corvus agreed that I'd have no contracts a couple of days before so I'd be in town for my birthday. I'd made friends within the local chapters across Cyrodiil, and was pleasantly surprised when a few of them arrived on my birthday. Once the sun started to set, we headed out into Cheydinhal, and as my face was now well known for good reasons, each tavern we entered, I received a free tankard of ale and a slap on the back.

Corvus had suggested that I enjoy myself but not get too drink. When I asked why, he whispered, "If you drink too much, your dick won't work."

I almost spat out my drink, probably looking at him wide-eyed as I asked, "Really?"

"Your first time is going to be nerve-wracking and awkward enough as it is without worrying about whether you can get hard or not."

"I don't think that will be a problem."

"No, you'll probably cum in two seconds. But you're young, so you'll recover quickly at least."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, Corvus."

He just laughed, slapping my back again. "We've all been through it, Ragnar. It's a rite of passage to becoming a man."

After visiting a sixth tavern, where I didn't partake in an alcoholic drink, Corvus suggested it was the right time to make our way to the 'Scarlett Lady', a well-known tavern in Cheydinhal that sold some of the best liquors in the Empire but also had a selection of beautiful women willing to keep you company for an evening, if the coin was right.

Most of our group left Corvus and I to it, wishing us goodbye as they would head on to another tavern, no doubt returning the guildhall later that evening very much worse for wear. We walked into the 'Scarlett Lady', pulling back the curtains that hid what was inside from view. It had all the appearances of a normal tavern, only the light was kept lower and it wasn't as busy as most of the taverns we'd visited that evening. There was a bar at one end of the room, while there was a small stage where a woman was dancing in not very much.

We took a seat, a waitress approaching to take our order. "We'll each have a brandy," Corvus stated.

Once she disappeared, I asked, "Brandy?"

"Help calm any last minute nerves. Trust me."

The brandy arrived rather quickly, and I took a moment to look at the waitress. She was wearing a tight fitting top and short skirt, showing off a pair of long, pale legs. She noticed me look and winked. I surprised myself by only smiling, not blushing. I knew what I was there to do, and the women were on display.

As we enjoyed our brandy, we were eventually approached by a mature woman. I knew she likely wasn't one of the working girls, so was either the owner or at least looked after the girls. "Good evening, gentleman."

"Evening."

"I am Muriel. Are you here to drink or are you after some company?"

Corvus clamped a hand om my shoulder. "It's Ragnar's birthday and we're here to celebrate."

She looked at me and smiled. "Oh, and how old is the birthday boy?"

"Eighteen today," I stated.

The smile broadened before she had a quiet chuckle. "I can imagine what you're here for then. First time?" I nodded. I didn't think it was embarrassing. "Okay, we can handle that. And you, sir?"

"I would like some company too," he said. I looked at him with surprise. He wasn't married, nor in a relationship, but I didn't think... "If you're going to be busy all night, I wouldn't mind getting my dick wet too."

"At least you're honest."

She appeared to wait until we'd finished our drinks, as one we placed the empty glasses on the small table in front of us, she approached and asked us to join her in an adjoining room. Inside were at least ten women, all of them lazing around in negligees or sheer nightdresses. There was skin on display though there was still an element of modesty. But they were all beautiful and I felt a rising in my groin.

"The choice is yours, gentleman. You have a choice of human or elven, depending on your taste."

Corvus picked first, surprising me by picking a dark elf, otherwise known as Dunmer. I didn't know a whole lot about them but she had a certain quality, I guess. Whatever the case, he asked her name and she quickly led him out and likely up the stairs to one of the bedrooms.

"And you, young man?" Muriel wondered.

I had my eyes only for the redhead. She smiled under my gaze, and that was when I felt heat rise in my cheeks. Muriel recognised who I was looking at and gestured for the others to leave for a moment. Once alone, she beckoned the redhead forward. "What was your name, young man?"

"Ragnar."

"Ragnar, this is Ariel."

I bowed slightly. "Pleasure."

"Nice to meet you," she said softly. Her voice was pure silk. It was probably a tone she'd perfected in her job, but it did the job regardless. "Would you like my company for the evening?" I nodded. "Have you been told the rules?"

I glanced at Muriel. "Your friend is a regular, Ragnar. He doesn't need reminding. The rules are few, but if you break them, you will be broken in return. Understand?" I swallowed hard before nodding. "Do not abuse our girls. If you're into the rough stuff, you're in the wrong place. Once you're upstairs, Ariel will tell you what she's prepared to do and what she isn't. Do not even think about forcing her to do something she doesn't. If I hear about it, remember the warning. Now, as for payment, Corvus will take care of it. He's already had a word in my ear about you."

"Thank you," I said.

"As long as you behave yourself, you will have a good time here tonight, Ragnar. Now, Ariel, why don't you take our young man upstairs and show him a good time."

She took me by the hand, amazed at how soft her skin was, and I was led through the other room up a set of stairs, past a number of doors before she stopped and opened one, entering a rather exquisite looking bedroom. A four poster bed, a number of chests and wardrobes, a pair of chairs and small table near the curtained windows. "You look impressed," she said, closing and locking the door.

"I had no idea."

I just stood in the middle of the room, probably looking rather stupid. Ariel approached me and probably noticed my hesitation. "Let me guess; first time?" I nodded. She immediately smiled, a sweet one that highlighted her green eyes. "Why did you pick me?"

"I like redheads and your bust is spectacular."

That made her laugh. "Thank you for the honesty." I shrugged again. "You're certainly tall, Ragnar. How tall?"

"Around six foot. I've always been larger than most."

"You certainly are," she said quietly, running her soft hands up my arms and over my shoulders, helping take off my coat, throwing that onto the bed behind me. "Sure you're only eighteen?"

"Fairly sure. I..." I didn't know how much I should share. One, just in case it ruined the mood. And, two, how much would she really want to know about me really?

She smiled. "Never mind. We don't have to share too many personal details."

"Your name really Ariel?"

The smile broadened. "Figured that already eh?" I nodded. "Since you're so cute, I'll let you know. My name is Inga, but men don't want to fuck Inga. No, Inga is a homebody, raising three children, constantly standing at the pit cooking dinner. No, men want to fuck Ariel."

"You have three children?"

That made her laugh at me. I didn't mind. It actually helped me relax while she unbuttoned my shirt. "No, I don't have children, Ragnar. Just making a point." She eventually helped take off my shirt, throwing that onto the bed too, and ran her hands up my chest. "Wow, you look after yourself. Those arms already..."

"I've been working for the guild since I was sixteen. Rarely take a day off. Probably why I'm a virgin, to be honest."

"Compared to most men who come in, I'm not going to complain to the others tomorrow morning."

That made me smile as she started to undo the buckle of my belt, before she unbuttoned my trousers. As I was only wearing shoes, slipping out of those wasn't a problem as she helped dropped my trousers, stepping out of those and kicking those away. Standing in just my underwear, the tent in my underwear would have been easily recognisable. She stepped back to look me up and down. I tried to stand somewhat confidently. "Definitely won't be complaining," she muttered to herself.

I'll admit, I was a virgin in many ways. I hadn't lied about being so busy I rarely took a day off. So that meant I hadn't even kissed someone before. When I say it out loud, it sounds rather pathetic, but I simply hadn't worried about it. Sure, I had a libido, but I generally took care of myself when I needed it, then carried on with my day.

"Have you kissed a girl before?" That's when I felt the first wave of embarrassment, shaking my head. She put a hand on my chest and pushed me back until I was sat on the bed. Even sitting down, she was barely taller than I was. I didn't really know what to do with my hands, so she helped me, taking off her night dress, leaving her in just a bra and panties, placing my hands on her side. Soft, delicate skin at my fingertips. I know I had a big, dumb grin on my face as I ran my hands up her body, over her stomach, around on her arse, over her covered breasts. I watched her face at the same time. She seemed rather interested in my reaction.