This Bitch has Lying Eyes

Story Info
Shirley escapes her humdrum life. Will she regret it?
8k words
3.75
34.8k
21

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/15/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Shirley stood in her kitchen, aimlessly staring out of the window - her mind drifting back through time, re-living small moments of her life as she pushed eggs around on the stove.

"Breakfast cooked yet hun?" Tony, her husband was tucking in his shirt as he poured coffee into a mug and sat himself expectantly at the kitchen table.

"Coming right up sweety." Shirley completed his breakfast plate and sat it in front of him. Two eggs, bacon, home made hash browns and ranch beans on the side.

Shirley had cooked the same breakfast for her man for nearly thirty years. She could do it in her sleep she thought, and often felt like she was doing just that as she stood cooking in her dressing gown at three in the morning.

Tony spent most of his life living out of a suitcase, travelling the world for his job in the oil business. He was a blue collar worker, so no expense accounts or business class flights for him. He routinely caught the early morning flight to some god foresaken place, sometimes working a full day on arrival, checking the rig for safety and occasionally giving training sessions to bored workers. Only then could he rest up in a converted shipping container, which typically acted as his accommodation.

He hated the tedium of his job, but it paid well for a man of his skill set, so he put up with it.

Shirley also put up with the loneliness and boredom of life on her own, sometimes for weeks on end, knowing that one day their investments would pay out and they could buy that motorhome and tour the country together.

But as Shirley had grown older, she found herself reflecting on how life had turned out, how she had ended up in this house, stuck in this endless tedium.

Having stuffed the last forkful into his mouth, washing it down with lukewarm coffee, Tony grabbed his bag, pecked his wife on the cheek and rushed out of the door.

"Man its's frigging cold. See you next week. darlin'."

He was late and looked a mess, as he rushed down the path into the waiting taxi. Tony was always late and always looked a mess she thought, smiling to herself as she waved him off from the front door. Shirley waved him off until the taxi was out of view, grasping her gown to her chest against the early morning chill.

Closing the door, she decided to go back to bed and sleep late. She had changed shifts today and wasn't due to start in her job at the grocery store until noon so, slipping off her gown she crawled under the sheets and closed her eyes.

After an hour of drifting in and out of sleep she gave up and turned on the TV.

Once again she found her mind wandering.

She recalled her old life, before Tony. Looking back, it seemed to be one long round of partying, although at the time she thought that she and her friends had a dull life, in a dull town. Boredom made Shirley leave home at the age of eighteen, getting a job eight hundred miles away from her home town.

She thought of old boyfriends; exciting people that she met, risk takers who would think nothing of taking off to Mexico on a motorcycle with nothing more than a toothbrush and a change of clothes, or touring the mountains of Peru on their own for six months, sleeping rough or staying with locals that they had befriended.

Shirley had gone with one guy to Guatemala once. Driving through the night in a beaten up VW Beetle through deserted countryside for hours, sweating profusely, bruised from the rough roads and feeling wretched from lack of sleep, she decided that this was not for her. At the next town, she called home to ask her dad for a flight ticket home and fled that place for the comfort of home.

Shirley decided there and then that she liked clean sheets and air conditioning too much for that kind of life.

But, looking back, she wondered what her life would have been like if she had put up with it for a while longer, if she had slept with one or two of the guys who had been desperate to bed her then. She had no shortage of offers, she thought. Her figure seemed to attract many horny young men, for reasons that she could not comprehend at the time, but she was sparing with her favours, saving herself for the right guy. Her upbringing had made her a little old fashioned, and a bit prudish.

Back then, Shirley had long red hair, curling all the way to her waist, outlining her slim frame and large breasts.

Her hair was flecked with grey now, looking more sandy than red and not as long as it once was. She held her breasts and looked down at them. No longer firm, but still nice. She didn't think of them as nice, but Tony told her she still had nice breasts, and a nice ass too. He would say this when he hugged her on return from his travels, grabbing both cheeks and pulling her in for a hug. At one time, that would have led to him carrying her off to the bedroom, but now the hug was fleeting.

Shirley missed sex, but Tony had lost interest, so she had put that part of her life behind her and got on with the grim reality of her day to day life. Before she knew it, she was fifty years old, with wrinkles and a sprinkling of grey in her once beautiful red hair. These days she seldom had the energy to go to the gym, she always felt tired, and had not had sex for ten years. The only time she felt alive was when she escaped from the house and walked down through the park to the waters edge, where all was silent except for the birds in the trees and the gentle lapping of the water. In that place, she felt at one with nature and could stand the loneliness of her life and she would sit there for hours when the weather was fine, just listening and watching, her mind at ease.

Dawn broke, just as Shirley drifted off to sleep, dreaming of past encounters. Once more, her hair was fiery red and full of curls, her breasts full and firm. In her dreams though, she was always generous with her favours and old boyfriends made frequent, passionate love to her. Her dreams always seemed to be the same these days, sexual but in a strange, detached way.

Waking with a start, she realised that she had slept through most of the day and it was now 3 pm. She had missed her shift starting time, but still dressed quickly and rushed to work.

She was met with scowls from her co-workers and lines of shoppers waiting impatiently at the tills. Dan, her ridiculously young manager caught sight of her and beckoned her over to a spare till, saying nothing.

Five hours later, Dan called her to his office and gave a short speech about letting down her co-workers, being persistently late, taking too much time off, changing shifts too often...he didn't want to let her go, but had no option...and finally produced a letter which he roughly thust in her hand.

Shirley was fired.

This was not an unusual event. She had gradually gone down the employment scale since marrying Tony, with lack of sleep being the main reason for her poor employment record. So she took the letter, packed her things into a bag and walked home.

The house was silent and empty as usual - a dull little home in an unfashionable part of town, with tired furnishings and in dire need of updating. She opened a bottle of wine and poured herself a large glass, slumping in front of the TV, thoroughly depressed.

She sat in silence for a few minutes, before shouting out loud, "What kind of fucking life is this?" and then burst into tears.

She had reached breaking point, and her dismal life suddenly came into sharp focus. She had few friends, her family had either died or lived on the other side of the country. Now she had to find another job to get her out of the house, or face the monotony of sitting alone at home for the rest of her days.

Furious with herself, she stood up, flung the wine down the sink and stormed upstairs.

Stripping off her work clothes and underwear, she stepped into the shower, eyes streaming with tears and tried to wash off the smell of her life... the stench of tedium that permanently clung to her.

Feeling wretched, she stood under the hot water for what seemed like hours, running the days events through her mind...or was that yesterday, or the day before? Her life was one long repeat of dreary events, interspersed with occasional lighter moments when a shopper smiled at her or spoke a few kind words.

Shirley decided, there and then, that she would break out of her life for one day of fun. She thought about that for a while, before realising that she didn't even know what it meant.

"Where do you go to have fun, at my age" she said to herself, but had no answer to that question. She didn't even know what fun was anymore.

"How do you have fun anyway? Shit, I don't even know what makes me happy" she spoke to the reflection in the mirror. A reflection that showed an ageing woman with sagging breasts, a little too much fat on her stomach and wrinkles starting to appear around her eyes.

"Just go out, get out of this dreary little house and go somewhere" she sternly told the reflection.

And so she did.

Shirley blow dried her hair, applied eye make-up, lipstick and perfume - the one that Tony bought her for her birthday. She had always thought that the eyes were the pathway to the soul, so made particular care that her eyes were immaculate.

She dug out the nearest thing she could find to a sexy dress from the depths of the trunk where she kept her old clothes, Struggling into it, she was surprised that it still fitted, but it smelt slightly musty. Throwing it into the laundry and searching again, she finally found a dress she used when the weather was hot. Short, with buttons all down the front, bright red and sheer - it wasn't exactly suitable for winter, but what the hell - she was feeling carefree now and slipped it on, leaving off her bra and knickers to make sure that she fitted into it. Pulling on red heels for the first time in years, she stood and looked at herself in the mirror.

She was shocked. It seemed like her younger self standing there. Admittedly there was the odd bulge and the legs were not as slim as they once were, but she actually looked good. She stroked her legs and admired herself. Her legs still looked good and she was proud of them. They were long and shapely, accentuating her figure, a figure which was a little curvier but still attractive, her breasts an impressive sight, particularly in this dress. It fitted tightly around her bust and contained them tightly if buttoned up, but if she undone a few buttons, they would spill out, showing a wonderful cleavage.

She undone a few buttons to check the effect and then undone some more, allowing her breasts to fall out. They looked OK she decided, although the nipples were much larger than when she was young, flat and darker.

She realised that she rarely looked at herself any more, not overly concerned about her appearance, but now she looked closely at her nipples, admiring them and massaging them gently to make them firm. She liked the feeling and closed her eyes, imagining that it was Tony doing it, arousing her before laying her down for sex. They grew stiff and long and she admired them again in the mirror. They made her breasts look even bigger like this, she thought, and firmer too, as she buttoned the dress up again.

In truth, her breasts were far from sagging, they were large and impressive, and she always got admiring glances from male shoppers. But Shirley didn't notice, assuming that they were looking at the name badge on her uniform. She had long thought that men didn't notice her anymore.

Nobody noticed her anymore, she had become invisible.

She squirmed in the dress, which was maybe a size too small, stroking it down and pushing her breasts up to make an impressive cleavage, then looked at herself again.

Sudden guilt overtook her as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. Tony would be by himself on an oil rig somewhere she thought and here she was, making herself attractive before going out.

She looked again, and saw something in her eyes...guilt.

But she wanted out of this house and she wanted a release from her crushingly boring life, so she looked away from the accusing reflection and grabbed her phone.

She felt a rush of excitement as she flicked through the Uber app, requesting a pick-up for downtown.

I should put on underwear, she briefly thought.

"No. Fuck that, this is how I am going to enjoy myself, I'm going to be a little reckless, and definitely not invisible." She then ran downstairs, pulled a long black raincoat from the coat stand, grabbed her purse and strode out into the night.

In the cold, she began to wish she had put on knickers, as the wind blew up her flimsy dress as she got in the car. The driver, a tall man of mixed race, looked in his rear view mirror and saw a tantalising glimpse of red pubic hair as her coat parted and her dress rode up as she struggled in. Pulling her dress back down, Shirley smiled back at his reflection and winked. "Take me to a glitsy bar downtown" she said, "somewhere a girl can have fun."

"Sure thing ma'am" the young guy said, and Shirley's heart sank as he pulled away.

"Ma'am." The word made her go cold as he said it. "He looks at me as an old woman" she thought, suddenly filled with doubt and struggling not to ask him to turn around.

She couldn't believe that she had just inadvertently flashed her pussy at a strange man and then smiled at him. She felt bad, embarrassed, and began to wonder what she was doing, before steeling herself and looking at his eyes in the mirror.

"Do you have any particular place in mind? There's a lot of places, but maybe not suitable for you. I mean, you look like a nice lady and all, so I wouldn't want to take you to somewhere risky...if you know what I mean."

"You mean old, don't you, when you say nice?"

"No, I didn't mean that. I think you look fantastic. I like your hair, it looks amazing...and, believe me, you don't look old, you look kinda...well...kinda sexy...yea, very sexy."

"For an older woman you mean?" Shirley felt better at the compliment and smiled at him in the mirror.

"Well, I would be happy to be seen out with you...you look a million dollars."

"Thanks young man, now take me somewhere respectable where I can get drunk and dance a little."

"I know just the place!"

Shirley felt good again as she watched the dull suburbs slip behind her and the bright lights of downtown glittering in the windshield, as rain started to fall. She suddenly had the urge to do somehing bad so, to reward the driver for his compliments, she undone a button to reveal some cleavage. She caught him looking, so undone another, her breasts almost in full view now. and he adjusted his mirror to get a better view.

"Eyes front young man!" she laughed. "I'm a sober and respectable lady...well, I'm sober anyway!" The driver laughed and looked again. He had an erection now and was beginning to wonder how this ride would end.

Shirley was beginning to enjoy what she thought of as a harmless flirtation, and smiled to herself. Flirting was fun, but she didn't want it to go further than that.

"Don't get any funny ideas, we're just having a little fun...OK?"

"Sure thing, but damn you look sexy! You married?"

"Yea, more than twenty years, she replied wistfully.

"He is one lucky man, I wish I had a wife like you."

Shirley blushed, "thank you, that's another nice compliment." and she wondered if Tony felt that way. He rarely complimented her, but she knew that he still loved her.

Shirley leaned forward to the driver as he stopped across the street from the bar, and gave him a little kiss on the cheek.

"That's for the compliments. You don't know how much they mean to me right now" and then she got out into the cold and rain, skipping across the street like a school girl.

Sitting in the crowded bar, perched on a stool, with dance music playing loudly, she felt nervous and out of place.

The driver had chosen well, as the bar was clearly popular, with a mix of ages and types. She ordered a Marguerita and 'people watched' as she slowly sipped her drink.

"You want me to take your coat" said the waitress, "you look a little wet."

Shirley hadn't noticed that she still had her raincoat on and shyly handed it to the waitress, thanking her and making a mental note to tip her for her thoughtfulness before she left.

Slowly, Shirley became aware of men looking at her. She wondered why at first - she wasn't used to this, and suddenly realised that she had left her buttons undone from earlier.

She briefly thought about doing them up, but realised that she quite liked the attention, so adjusted her bosom to make sure that nothing would fall out and to make the cleavage even. One guys eyes nearly popped out of his head as she did this and he nudged his friend, who was looking the other way, before whispering into his ear and looking back unashamedly.

Shirley pretended not to notice and took another sip from her drink, looking round at the people dancing. Mostly women and mostly in their thirties, they were dancing in groups, with their menfolk sitting in booths guffawing loudly as they drank.

The music stopped and then changed pace. Country music started and the men finally got to their feet, drunkenly whooping and grabbing their girls as Josh Turners deep voice boomed out.

Shirley was feeling strange as she listened to the lyrics, but couldn't understand the feeling. Then it struck her...she felt happy. Happy...and a little turned on.

She finished her drink and felt a warm sensation in her stomach. Then she realised that she felt something else, something that she hadn't felt for years.

Shirley felt...just a little bit horny.

Looking back at the man obsessed with her breasts, she saw him smiling at her as he got up and walked over. She started to panic and looked around for a way of escape, but the bar was too crowded. He pushed his way toward her, pointing to her empty glass.

"Can I get you another?"

Shirely was speechless but managed a smile and mumbled a barely audible "thanks."

The bar staff were used to the sordid business of casual pickups and knew the procedure, as the guy nodded toward the empty glass.

Shirley took in little of the mans bullshit as he stood a bit too close for comfort, speaking into her ear, his lips touching her face occasionally as he looked directly down her dress. Shirley panicked as she realised that he must be able to see her nipples from his angle, but also realised that they were stiffening slowly from all the attention. She gulped her drink, trying to hide her shame and felt a mix of embarrassment and excitement at the flirtation. She hadn't felt this turned on since high school and she was enjoying the experience of being picked up by this stranger, even if he was a bit creepy.

Still not taking in much of his conversation, she took another gulp of her drink whilst trying to focus on his words and finally made out his name, Anthony, and his repeated invitation to join him and his friend for conversation.

After several minutes of this, she finally gave in.

"Sure thing Anthony, I'd love to" and she took his hand and said "I'm Sandy", trying not to blush at this tiny deceit, but she couldn't bear to reveal her real name. Then she thought: "Anthony...it had to be that name, just to increase my shame."

She went to her purse to pay for her drink, but Anthony motioned to the barman to put it on his bill and to bring another over. She demurely slipped off her stool, trying not to let her dress ride up and show too much. As she did so, Shirley briefly thought that she should have trimmed her bush before coming out. She laughed out loud at this brazen thought. If she had done that, she thought, she would have been preparing herself for sex and that was the furthest thing from her mind. This was all just harmless flirtation after all.