This Old House

Story Info
Clearing their parents house led to love.
6.8k words
4.55
28k
52
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This Old House

British English language and spelling. In some stories the legal process will be different to what readers from the USA are used to, over here we have laws that apply nationally, not state by state. Where possible I try to research facts in the hope I can be accurate in what I write.

I write for my enjoyment, and hopefully that of others. I welcome feedback and constructive criticism, hateful or pointless comments will be deleted.

To those of you who favourite my stories or follow me, thank you, it means a lot.

*************************************************************************

An unhappy sister, her brother makes a decision that affects them both.

I had just got back into my car when my phone pinged, it was from my sister, Dawn.

"Where R U?"

"Ten mins away, just got dinner for us both." I sent my reply.

"Good, I forgot my key."

I put my car into gear and drove away, quickly, 5 minutes later I pulled up on the drive. Parking behind Dawn's car I got out, Dawn smiled as I grabbed our take away dinner.

We had arranged to meet at our parent's house, and we had the task of clearing it out before selling the place. Our parents had both passed away while on holiday. Dad collapsed and died almost immediately, Mum collapsed and passed away several hours later. Although shocked by their passing, it didn't surprise Dawn or myself that they went so close to the other, that was how strongly they loved each other.

"Pete, thank god. I can't believe I forgot my key to the house." Dawn sighed as she tried to hug me.

I put the food down and returned the hug, Dawn took my key and opened the door. While she served the food onto plates I opened a few windows. Dawn produced a bottle of red wine from her bag.

"You remembered the important thing then?" I poked fun at her. Dawn poked her tongue out at me, that was something she had done since we were young kids.

Although we had spoken regularly, I hadn't seen Dawn for almost a year. She was married and lived at the opposite end of the country to me. That was partly my fault. I didn't like her husband, more importantly I had a thing for my sister. I had never acted on my feelings, I took the cowards way out and put distance between us. Dinner was a relatively quiet affair, we would talk later. Between us we washed the plates and tidied away. I took the rubbish out, Dawn carried the wine and glasses into the lounge.

I sighed as I sat down, Dawn watched as I picked up my glass of wine. "So how have you been? Pete."

"Not too bad. Busy with work and stuff." I answered. What Dawn did not know was that I had recently sold my business, I was working as a freelance consultant. I was in the position where I could choose to work when I wanted to, and for who I wanted to. Dropping everything to clear out the old house was easy for me, I wasn't sure how Dawn had arranged time off.

"Obviously not that busy if you managed to clear your schedule to be here. What about a girlfriend, anyone in your life?"

"There's a lot more to it than that, Dawn. But yes it was easy for me to arrange time off to be here. As for a girlfriend, nope there's nobody at the moment. How long are you planning on spending here?"

"Let's see how long it takes." Dawn replied, it was the look on her face that concerned me.

We sat and talked for a while. The conversation was mostly about Mum and Dad, and memories from when we were kids. Dawn stifled a yawn, I suggested we call it a day and head off to bed.

"You take Mum and Dad's room, I'll take one of the others." Dawn nodded and headed off, I looked in both spare rooms only to find there were no beds. "Fuck!" I silently cursed and went and made up the couch with blankets and a pillow.

I woke in the morning to the sound of Dawn moving around in the kitchen, I sat up and looked for my trousers.

"Want to tell me why you slept on the couch?" Dawn asked as she bought me a cup of coffee.

"There are no beds in the spare rooms. The couch seemed a better option than the floor."

"You could have shared with me. There is plenty of room." Dawn smiled. I wasn't sure by her smile if she knew it would have been difficult for me, sharing a bed with her.

"I didn't want to disturb you." I replied, lying through my teeth

"Bullshit. you came up minutes after I did. You can share with me tonight, it's got to be better than the couch." Dawn replied as she walked back to the kitchen. "Breakfast is almost ready."

I watched Dawn walk away from me, her long legs and tight cheeks were getting me hard. I put my trousers on quickly, hoping to hide my swelling cock. Dawn's tiny vest top barely held her tits in place, she smiled and carried on eating.

After breakfast we showered and dressed in old clothes. I was going to shift some of the furniture, Dawn suggested we deal with Mum and Dad's clothes first. By lunchtime we had all the good clothes in bags ready for the charity shop, old clothes and underwear went in a bag for the local tip. I drove into town and handed over the bags of clothes at the charity shop, the lady was polite, but bloody scary. She was 65 if not older, her make-up was plastered on trying to make her look 30 years younger. On the way back I grabbed some sandwiches for lunch.

Dawn made a start on sorting out all of Mum's china ornaments, so I took a look into the loft. There was nothing there apart from a few old pieces of wood, I guess with Dad's age and bad hip he didn't climb ladders. Dawn and I had already agreed if we wanted anything from the house we would put it aside, all unwanted items were going to the charity shop. Dawn walked to the local store later in the afternoon, we needed something to cook for dinner, as well as bread and milk. That evening I found out that Dawn was almost as good a cook as Mum, she returned with a bag of stuff and knocked up a decent meal for us both.

Between us we cleared up and sat down to relax, Dawn had brought a bottle of wine earlier. I showered and changed into shorts and t-shirt, Dawn was wearing tiny shorts and a vest top. I hadn't noticed before but Dawn followed Mum in the bust department, at a guess I would say she was a 36D. Dawn was taller with shapely legs, her wavy brown hair framed a pretty face.

High cheekbones and a small button nose, yes, my sister was a good looking woman. A glass or two of wine and a crappy film on TV, we were both falling asleep.

"C'mon sleepy head, time for bed." I nudged Dawn and helped her up off the couch. Dawn kept hold of my hand as she headed upstairs, it looked like we would be sharing the only bed in the house.

Dawn took off her shorts and slipped into bed, thank god she was wearing panties. I took off my t-shirt and got under the covers. We had been in bed for about 10 minutes when I felt Dawn spoon into me, I lay there as if I was asleep. My cock started to chub up as Dawn lay against me, I tried desperately willing it to stop. Thinking about the woman in the charity shop did the trick, my cock softened and I fell asleep.

I woke up needing to pee, after emptying my bladder I went downstairs. I am one of those people who cannot go back to bed once I am awake. Glancing at the clock I was surprised to see it was 7.30am, I usually got out of bed around 6am. Dawn shuffled into the kitchen minutes later, she yawned before greeting me. I told Dawn to sit down, a pot of coffee was on the go.

"Did you sleep okay?" Dawn asked, stifling another yawn.

"Yeah, I went out like a light as soon as my head hit the pillow." I put the coffee on the table, the toaster popped as I turned around.

"What's the plan for today, boss?" Dawn smiled.

"I thought you could clear out the kitchen cupboards, I'll have an easy day and watch you work." I burst out laughing when Dawn glared at me.

I offered to bring down some heavy items from the spare rooms, Dawn volunteered to start sorting out the kitchen cupboards. With the heavier items moved downstairs, I emptied out the cupboard under the stairs. I kept sneaking a look at Dawn as she emptied the cupboards, she needed a chair to reach the top shelves. Most of what i found was junk and destined for the tip, the prize find was a box of old photographs. I put them aside to look through later.

Dawn cooked a meal with some dry goods she found in the cupboard and some sausages that were in the fridge. Knowing that we didn't have much food in the house I knew we would be going out for breakfast tomorrow. After we showered and changed, I suggested we look through the old photos I found earlier. Dawn was excited to see what was in the boxes.

We reminisced as we looked at the photos, there were some of us as kids on holiday. Some of the photos were of Mum and Dad before us kids entered their lives, I looked at one photo of Mum and realised how much my sister looked like her. Apart from the difference in hair style, they were almost identical. Dawn quietly studied some of the photos. I went to refill our wine glasses, and when I returned Dawn was crying.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked as I hugged her. Dawn sniffled and burst into tears again.

"I miss them so much, Pete. With them both gone and you living miles away, it is really hard for me being alone. God why is everything so fucked up?" Dawn cried as I held her, several minutes later she calmed down.

"I'm always here for you, Dawn. A phone call is all it takes. You have Richard, so you're not alone."

"I might as well be for all the interest he shows me. Probably because he's too busy screwing his assistant at work." I didn't realise things were so rough for Dawn.

"Do you know he's playing around, or do you just think he is?" I asked.

"I'm pretty sure he is. I did some laundry recently, one of his shirts smelt of perfume, Miss Dior to be precise. I know it's what his assistant Gemma wears. So that and the fact he hasn't touched me in months, yeah, I'm sure he's cheating." I hugged Dawn, she started crying again. I really didn't know what to say. No doubt, whatever I said wouldn't have made her feel better.

Dawn calmed down and reached for her wine, she took a large gulp. "If we didn't have to sell this place, I would have moved back here myself."

"Seriously, Dawn. You would move in here?" Dawn nodded.

"Yes, It would get me away from a cheat who doesn't want me. The worst part is I would give him what he wants, me out of the picture so he's free to screw that bitch!" I sat and looked at the floor, unsure of how or what to say or do. I didn't need the money from the sale of the house, I already had more than I could spend. Now would probably be a good time to let Dawn know how well off I was, without rubbing her nose in it.

"Okay, Dawn. Let's say we didn't need to sell this place, and you move in here." I looked at Dawn, her attention was fixed on me. "If we don't sell the house and you move in, how will you pay the bills?"

"I know Pete,I can't afford to, it's just a dream. One I wish there was a way of making it come true. I doubt I would find any work close to here, I am certainly not commuting to London everyday."

I sat and looked around the room, I could see Dawn watching my every move. I knew the job Dawn was laid off from, if she found another job she wouldn't be able to work from home. Her skills meant she had to be in the office everyday.

"Is there any type of work you can do from home?"

Dawn thought and shook her head. "Probably not, everything I am qualified for means working in an office." We sat in silence for a few minutes, Dawn stood up and looked at me. "I'm going to turn in for the night, I'm exhausted." I watched as my sister slowly walked upstairs. I hated seeing her like this. I sat for a further few minutes, I had an idea that was turning into a plan. Given that Dawn was so tired it could wait until after breakfast. Dawn was lying on her side, I could hear her sniffling. I lay on my back, I usually did this if I laid down to think. Minutes later Dawn turned over and cuddled into me, her arm was lying across my stomach.

"Goodnight Pete." Dawn sniffled. I lay there staring at the ceiling. "Goodnight Dawn."I could hear Dawn snoring lightly after several minutes.

I woke in the morning still lying on my back, Dawn was still cuddled into me. Needing to pee, I moved, Dawn stirred. "What time is it?" She asked, trying not to yawn at the same time.

"7am. When we are showered and dressed I'm taking you out for breakfast." I headed to the bathroom. Dawn stared at me and smiled when I walked back into the bedroom, I had a towel wrapped around my waist.

"Not bad." Dawn smiled then left to take her shower. I was sitting downstairs waiting for Dawn, I sent a text message to a client. Dawn emerged dressed in jeans and a sweater.

"Where are you taking me for breakfast?"

"You'll see. Come on, let's go." Dawn followed me out to the car. As we drove into town my phone rang, I used the car's built-in system to answer the call. It was a client asking if I could spare some time to help them out.

"How long will you need me for?" I asked.

"Three days, maybe four at most. We could really use your help, Pete." I looked across at Dawn, she shrugged as if to say okay. "No problem, I'll set off later and see you this afternoon."

"Thanks Pete." The client cut the call.

"Sorry Dawn, I have to go for a few days. I'll get back as quickly as I can."

Dawn put her hand on mine. "It can't be helped, Pete. I'll carry on with whatever I can manage."

Dawn and I sat in the small restaurant, we drank coffee as we waited for our food. Dawn was unusually quiet, I wondered if she was mildly depressed. Over the last few days I had noticed Dawn wasn't her usual chatty self, taking into account all that had happened, I shouldn't have been surprised. We Left the restaurant, Dawn waited as I dashed over to an ATM. Our next stop was the supermarket. I needed to make sure Dawn had food in the house while I was away.

Back at the house I helped Dawn carry a few bags of groceries indoors, I grabbed my overnight bag. "You have my number, call me if anything, and I mean anything crops up." Dawn nodded, she looked at me funny as I passed her some cash. "In case you need any money, while I'm away."

"I've got some money, Pete."

"Well, you've got more now." I kissed Dawn on the cheek and assured her I would be back as quickly as I could. Dawn looked sad as I started the car and pulled away. I wondered if she knew how I felt about her? Did she feel the same way about me? Who was I kidding, I thought to myself. I drove on to the ring road and floored the accelerator, at a time like this I was glad I had purchased the estate version of an Audi A6. I had a lot to do in a few days. I just hope Dawn was okay at the end of it all.

Fighting my way through the traffic on the roads around London was a pain in the arse, I was used to more rural roads in Yorkshire. I parked outside Dawn's house as the evening drew in. There was a light on inside, at least Richard was home. I rang the bell and waited, Richard was dressed in shorts when he answered the door. I stepped inside without waiting for an invite.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, Pete?" Richard knew he wasn't my favourite person. I was just about to answer and ask him a question when a woman walked down the stairs in her bra and panties. The colour drained from Richard's face.

"You bastard!" I punched him on the jaw, and the woman screamed. "Who are you? What do you want?" She yelled at me, Richard struggled to his feet.

"I'm his brother-in-law, but not for much longer." I stared at Richard, it was hard not to kick the shit out of him. "Dawn suspected you were cheating on her, now we know for sure." I walked over to the woman and sniffed. "Miss Dior, I assume?" She nodded and sat on the stairs.

"Right, here is how things are going to shake down. I am going to take all of Dawn's stuff with me tonight, while you pack it we can discuss the terms of the divorce." Richard agreed and headed upstairs. As he packed Dawn's clothes I laid out how the divorce would go.

"You file for the divorce. Dawn gets eighty percent of your savings and all her personal belongings, agreed?"

"Eighty percent is a bit high." Richard looked unhappy at my suggestion. I thought about thumping him again, just because he deserved it.

"Okay, Dawn can file and force you to sell the house, she'll probably end up with more.

"Alright, alright." Richard flapped. "Eighty percent and her stuff. I want you to promise she won't come after me for more."

"You agree to my terms and you'll never hear from or see Dawn again." Richard agreed as he packed up my sister's clothes, his fancy woman stood there in silence. She was nice, but not a patch on my sister.

Downstairs I watched as he packed Dawn's CD's and books into boxes. "If we have missed anything, I'll be in touch. You have the address to send the divorce papers to, don't try to be funny, we know how much is in your savings account!" Richard nodded and closed the door behind me, I put the last box into the car and headed off.

It was getting late, I could feel the tiredness kicking in. I found a cheap motel for the night, lucky for me there was a Burger King over the road. I fell asleep thinking of Dawn. After a breakfast that wasn't the best i have ever eaten, i set off again. It was late afternoon when I pulled up outside my apartment. Inside I started to pack my stuff, knowing this would be my last night here. It suddenly hit me that if this all went wrong, I would be homeless for a few days. The next morning I visited the letting agent and paid the penalty fee for getting out of the apartment early, just as well money wasn't an issue. I thought again that was something I would have to come clean to Dawn about, she knew I had money, she didn't know exactly how much.

Checking the time I knew I could get back to our parent's house before it got dark, thankfully the traffic was light. I called Dawn when I was about an hour away, I told her I finished quicker than I thought I would. Dawn seemed excited that I would be home, I just hoped she liked the surprise I had in store for her.

Dawn came running out as I parked up on the drive. "Thank god you're back!"

"Why, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing, I was just getting lonely."

"I was only gone for a few days." I smiled.

"Come inside, dinner is almost ready." Dawn smiled and walked indoors, I followed close behind. Emptying the car could wait a while. Over dinner Dawn asked how my work thing went?

"It wasn't as bad as I thought. With some help from their tech guys we got it sorted." I lied. We ate dinner and tidied up. I asked Dawn if she could give me a hand bringing some stuff in from the car.

Dawn looked confused as she saw all the boxes and bags in the car, I passed her the lighter stuff to her to carry inside. I carried the last box in and closed the door behind me. Dawn looked at the boxes and then looked at me.

"What is all this? Where did it come from?" Dawn asked.

"Take a look." I pointed to a box I knew had her stuff inside.

Dawn rummaged in the box. "This is all my stuff. What's going on Pete"

Come and sit down, I gestured to the couch. "As you can probably guess, I didn't have to leave for work. There is some bad news though." Dawn waited for me to continue. "You were right about Richard, he is cheating on you. I called around and his fancy woman was there in her underwear." I could see the anger on Dawn's face. "I got him to pack up your clothes and personal things, if there is anything missing let me know. Richard got a punch on the jaw for cheating on you." That made Dawn smile. "He is going to file for a divorce, you get all your stuff and eighty percent of your savings, you have to promise not to go after him for any more money." Dawn looked shocked.

12