This Strange World Needs a Kicking! Ch. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

You're joking, right?

No, he wasn't, not at all. He just had to stick with the plan, and soon all would be over. But the cookie-cutter example of what he was supposed to say next couldn't convey what he felt in his heart.

I will always cherish every single memory I have of you.

That was it. That was all. Sebastian wiped his face angrily. No wonder he had been fine for all the twenty-two years of his life he had lived so far. Nothing compared to this, and he wasn't supposed to cry over such a thing. When had he ever cried? It had to be Kai's tears, and there was no other explanation.

The phone ringing startled him. He stared at the screen, at Milo's beautiful smiling face, and hesitated. Why was he calling? They had broken up already. The next item on the list said that...

Right, it said that he needed to hear the other person out. He inhaled, exhaled, and answered the phone.

"Are you seriously breaking up with me over text?" Milo's voice was perplexed, above everything else.

"Yes," Sebastian struggled to get out of his mouth. "Indeed, I am."

Milo stopped for a moment. "You've been crying. I can tell. What's going on, Kai?"

"I'm definitely not crying. I want to break up. It is my decision, and now's your turn to talk. I'll listen."

"You're... Is this some sort of prank? I know you like a good laugh, but come on... this... this is hurtful," Milo said in a low voice.

Sebastian hated those anxious inflections he could pick up even like that over the phone. "No, it is not, I assure you."

"Then why? Why do you want to break up? Did I push you too hard? I mean, I thought you wanted it, too, the way you talked and -- You know what, it must be my fault, so just tell me what it is. I can fix it. Please, just give me a chance."

Sebastian closed his eyes and put the phone away so that he didn't blurt out some incredible truth. "Believe me," he said in a steady voice, "it is not your fault. You are wonderful and --"

"And what? What didn't work? I hurt you somehow, didn't I?" Milo was getting gradually more rattled with each word he was saying.

"You did nothing of the kind."

"Then please just tell me. How can I make it work if you're not telling the truth?"

"The truth?" Sebastian echoed. "You wouldn't believe the truth."

"Try me," Milo said aggressively. "I know you're kind of aloof most of the time, but I never pegged you for a dishonest guy. So shoot it to me straight."

Sebastian sighed. "People are here to hurt me, and they could do the same thing to you because of our association."

"What? What people?" Milo sounded even more confused now.

"Assassins," Sebastian said promptly. "They were sent here to eliminate me."

Milo stopped for a moment. "Here? Assassins? What the hell, Kai? This joke is just taking it too far, okay, buddy? You've never been cruel to me before. Actually, to no one. This doesn't sound like you. When you talk like this, you don't sound at all like the Kai I know. Who are you?"

"I told you. I'm Prince Sebastian --"

"That stuff again? You know what?" Milo interrupted him. "I'll let you sleep over your little prank. But I expect proper apologies tomorrow. The sooner, the better."

Sebastian stared at the phone, being his turn to feel perplexed over how Milo cut off the conversation. The young man didn't believe him.

It didn't matter. Now that the breakup ritual was over, he could concentrate on honing his skills. He doubted Kai had any fighting aptitudes, so he had to start somewhere. With steady fingers now, he began browsing.

TBC

12