Thorn Ch. 28-32

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why is he here? Spirits only stay when they are not able to leave. Why is he not at peace?" Tyrone asked his voice roughened by emotion.

"He had to tell you something. You are not to blame for his death. Neither you nor Jared carry any blame. He was distracted. He missed the warning signs because his head was somewhere else."

"Where? What could have distracted him enough to walk into that trap?"

"He smelled the blood of his mate."

"He wasn't mated."

"He found her as they both left this world. He stands with her now. He wanted to say goodbye and to tell you the truth before they left."

"Oh Luna, that is so sad. I can't believe fate could be so unkind to them." Lex cried for the couple she never knew.

"Not sad my love, they have each other now." Tyrone pulled her close.

"But they're gone."

"From us, but not from each other." Tyrone stood and turned to face the unseen couple, "Thank you for all you did for us Captain. I am pleased you have found your mate, as I have found mine. I look forward to seeing you in a few hundred years and hope you will have as many stories to share as I will. I wish you both happiness."

"He says if he sees you in anything less than five hundred years he will kick your ass right back here so don't bother showing up before then."

"Bloody would too." Tyrone laughed. "Thank you so much for sharing this with me. You have a great gift Luna."

"It's a bit of a shock really, but so far I have found it a blessing. However it has only been a couple of days. Well that I was aware of. It appears I was spoken to before, many years ago, I just didn't realise it was more than a dream. I fear the day it becomes a curse. The day it brings me bad news."

"Luna?" Thorn was instantly worried for her.

"I don't want to have any sad messages to pass on. I don't want to be the messenger of death or the bearer of bad news. What if someone came to me and I had to be the one to advise others they had passed? Or worse if something evil was involved?"

"We can find out how to stop it. You can shut down these gifts. I've heard of people closing off their gifts just like you can close the connection." Thorn decided, going into protection mode.

"Turn off all the possible good because of the fear of a little bad? Turn of possible warnings that could help us all because I am scared to hear it? No."

"It will be okay Luna. Moonbeams of hope and all that remember." Lex tried to reassure her friend.

"Oh shit. I almost forgot, Tyrone are you and Jared aware you are now part of the inner circle?"

"We have been advised, although we are not sure what it really means. Lex filled us in on all she could during the drive. However she wasn't certain what our roles would be either."

Gem walked into the room "Well Lucas and Jared have almost finished making breakfast so that will have to wait."

"You look far too happy for a woman that just got punished Gem." Thorn laughed. Gem shrugged he shoulders her eyes twinkling.

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

"Seriously Luna, I am okay I swear. Aaron is doing my head in but from what I understand that is normal for most couples. I have to be here, there's a girl. I have to help her. I know which one she is but I need to time this right."

"You have one of your dreams, or just a feeling?"

"Sort of both. I haven't seen her in the dream she is off to the side. I see what is happening and I know I have to intervene. I saw her yesterday and as soon as I did I just had this instant feeling. Luna I think she's meant to be with us."

"She's wolf?"

"Yeah, she doesn't know it, nobody here seems to know it."

"There's wolves there though, bad ones, how can they not know?"

"She's young, she's really timid and so quiet Luna. She seems so beaten by the world. I can help her. I can bring her home."

"She's not a stray puppy Kate, what if she doesn't want your help? Fuck what if she doesn't even know about..."

"She's going to find out. I saw it. They attack and she is hurt. Her wolf comes forward. She sees what they are, what they are capable of. I will show her the good. I will show her what she can be."

"You've told Aaron this?"

"I tried, he only wants me out of here. Said she was not my problem that I should go, and when the team have a plan he will work with them and she would be fine."

"Your dream didn't change after the plan to send the team though did it?" Luna knew what Kate was saying. Her vision played out the same now as it had before. The girl was in danger.

"Thank God you understand all this Luna because I swear I'm going to hit someone soon. Hit him so damn hard. The dream was the same. Members of the team were already in the vision right from the start. Before Thorn even directed them to come. I knew they would be coming. I know they're almost here so it will either happen tonight or tomorrow night."

"You listen to me Kate, you pay attention to every single feeling and dream you have and you stay safe. Because if anything happens to you I will kill you, do you hear me?"

"I promise not even a broken nail."

"Are you going to take her on permanently? She'll need someone Kate, would you do that? Could Aaron handle that?"

"I can be like her sister and help her but no I couldn't take her on permanently, fuck I'm struggling myself. Aaron, as a father figure? You're joking right? Not even this century."

"He could surprise you Kate, don't rule out the next few decades."

"My mate doesn't hear me, he doesn't understand me, fuck he doesn't respect me at all, how did this happen?"

"Kate he is scared shitless right now, worried that you are in danger, and you haven't mated yet so he's only getting part of the picture. You know he will be perfect for you. You know you are two halves of a whole. Once you seal that bond he'll see you. He'll hear you. Once you and he are linked, he won't be able to do anything but respect you and love you."

"Are you saying I should just mate with him and see what happens?"

"I'm saying maybe it would help both of you. I'm also thinking the link would be damn handy for you both when you are in a dangerous position."

"We have a pack link. I can feel him."

"You know there's a huge difference. The alpha can communicate to all his or her pack. Family can communicate to family. A mate can feel and communicate at a different level. You know this more than I do. If you're not ready then don't let me bully you but if you're are ready and you accept he is your mate, but you want to punish him for being a horny dog, or because he rejected you, let it go Katie, I know it hurt but you need to let it go, because I've spent the day with my mate, watching Gem and Lucas, Lex and her fellas, and my friend you really cannot begin to understand the difference in all of us. I want that for you so badly. I want you whole. I want you and Aaron happy and safe."

"My alpha is telling me to go fuck and mark my man?"

"Not telling, gently suggesting you consider it."

"Yeah whatever."

"Don't..." Fuck the line had gone dead. Luna looked at the phone in her hand wondering if she had gone too far. She tried to ring back but the phone had been turned off. Shit. She paced the room for a few moments and the door flew open.

"What's wrong?" Thorn crossed the room worry etched all over his face.

"I stuffed up with Kate, she's really mad at me."

"You and Kate had a tiff? Shit I had this panic attack and ran here, your mind was so... and then you closed the door."

"Sorry I didn't even realise I had opened it or closed it. I tried to ring her back she won't answer me. Can you tell her I'm sorry? Can you beg her to forgive me? Maybe talk to Aaron, he's being a dick and she's hurting and her dreams are important and real and he's not supporting her..."

"Stop. Luna breathe baby." Luna sat on the end of the bed suddenly feeling dizzy. "Luna?"

"I'm screwing this up. She's my best friend and I got carried away and instead of just hearing her and being there for her I did the alpha thing and told her what I thought she should do..."

"Shit Luna, you need to calm down. You're looking weird and I can hear your heart racing."

"I told her what to do, I think, fuck she thinks I told her to, ordered her too..."

"She thinks her best friend and her alpha gave her some advice."

"She thinks her alpha ordered her to mate your brother." Luna buried her face in her hands. "I told her to fuck your brother."

"You what?"

"He isn't hearing her, he doesn't understand her gifts. He is worried about her so much he isn't seeing how much she needs to be there. She is so hurt by what he's done in the past she can't let it go and is worrying he doesn't love her. If they mark each other. Link to each other. They'll be whole. Look at Gem and Lexi. Look at us. I just wanted to help, but she thinks I..."

"You are determined to make all my brothers your slaves aren't you?" Thorn held Luna smiling gently as she looked up at him her face pale and tear stained. "First you get Gem to go wolf and basically jump Lucas, now you've sent Kate off on a mission to fuck Aaron senseless?"

"I did not send her, fuck I think she thinks her alpha just ordered her to ... I think she thinks I just pimped her out."

"Pimped her out? Where do you get this stuff?" Thorn laughed quietly as he felt her struggle in his arms, "Shit sorry I know I shouldn't be laughing. She doesn't think you pimped her out. She doesn't think you ordered her to do anything. She does on the other hand know her friend is very smart, has a good heart and is often right. In this case she also knows her wolf and her own needs coincide with your advice."

"Can you make sure she's okay? Can you tell her I'm sorry? Can you ask if she's still my BFF?"

"Not right now, it appears my brother and her, are very busy and neither want me interrupting."

"You mean they're..."

"Not really a surprise surely?" Her blush started at her throat and worked up her face "Oh good you're not all pale and sick looking any more, all cute and pink and hot. Maybe I should help you out of some of those clothes so you can cool down?"

"Because she wanted to or because I told her to?"

"I doubt I'd get an answer but you've met Kate right? You know the red headed vixen that knows exactly who she is and where she is going? The reputation of red hair and tempestuous displays could very well all be Kate's work."

"Kate is not a vixen, she is a wolf. She is also not tempestuous she is passionate." Luna glared at her mate as she defended her friend.

"And strong, and beautiful, and very capable of telling her friend if she was out of line. She never told you off for telling her to mate Aaron because she heard you and realised it was what she needed. She didn't end the call because she was angry at you Luna, she ended the call because once she knew what she wanted, needed, she, decided to act on it."

"Well she could have said thank you, or bye, or something."

"She could have, you are right, and when she surfaces you can be the better woman and not give her too hard a time about that, or you can be the best friend that makes her suffer for a few minutes over it. Your call."

"Fine I'm off to go shopping with Gem and Lex, we are redecorating Kate and Aaron's room today the bed got delivered this morning. I will try not to let her lack of social graces affect my choices."

"Yes well her timing is unfortunate I fear she may return to the ugliest bedroom in history."

"Oh no Thorn, I would never put an ugly room in this beautiful house. I am thinking of a theme for the room, maybe birds." Luna stopped with a thoughtful pose.

"Yes well I can see birds would be a lovely choice." Thorn grinned at his cheeky woman.

"Yes I'm certain birds will be brilliant. Maybe something in the line of love birds, or swans. Oh yes swans would be perfect." Kate had a rather irrational dislike of all birds, but even more so a complete fear of swans. Apparently one attacked her as a child. Though her story differed from that of witnesses the swan wasn't trying to kill her merely share the sandwich she clutched in her hand.

"I can see it now, a pale blue and white room with swans. Maybe figurines, definitely a pair on the bed, with their beaks together in that love heart shape. I wouldn't think Aaron would mind too much after all swans like wolves apparently mate for life. I'm sure he would love the symbolism."

"Yes I am sure. Aaron is very sensitive and would appreciate the symbolic and romantic elements of the room. It could however be a bit feminine for his wolf."

"Oh shit, well swans wouldn't work with a more masculine colour scheme so I guess that idea is busted."

"Sorry love, I'm sure you'll come up with something special." They gave each other stupid grins and then Luna threw herself into his arms. "What the ..."

"I am so happy Thorn. Only Rose to go and we will all be with our mates."

"Baby don't go setting your heart on finding love for Rose. She is not ready and from what she has said never will be. She isn't looking for a mate."

"Well her mate is looking for her and he's getting close. I can feel it."

"Did the aunties say something?"

"Not about Rose, in fact they didn't tell me about Lexi or Kate either. I did however pick up on something when I linked to the pack that day through you. The rest is just my gut feeling."

"Speaking of gut feelings, Damon will be here tomorrow, I don't really know what to say to him. I feel bad for not being more open minded, but I also had to protect my pack, my family."

"Thorn he will understand. I think he respects you as an alpha, as a head of a family, he has never known a leader like you Thorn."

"A leader that punished him without a hearing, an alpha that has never heard him out?"

"A leader that spared his life when others would have taken it. A leader who even as he punished him provided him a safe haven, an income, a stability he has never known. Thorn he also knew his punishment had a time limit on it and that a day would come when you would hear him."

"How could he know, I didn't even know what I was going to do when the collar came off. I was leaning towards banishment."

"Oh rubbish, you would never send a broken wolf out alone. To go crazy. You would have found something for him, a place for him."

"Yeah I had already spoken to the alpha of another pack."

"Because you worried the pack would never get past what had happened and give him a fair chance. I know you my love and you were already looking out for him." She leaned in and gave Thorn a kiss that was supposed to be sweet but got hot far quicker than either expected. When it came to an end she asked, "Thorn do you think tonight you will change me?"

"No tonight I'm going to love you, tomorrow is a big day here. Tomorrow night when your brother and I have made peace, and your friend Kate is safe, and the team have sorted those evil bastards out, and all is well with the pack, then I will change you."

"Are you really sure we shouldn't have headed off with them? I really got the feeling from the aunties I would be more involved, not just the link between all the puzzle pieces."

"Luna, I spoke to the aunts myself. You are not a ninja warrior ready to take on the bad guys, you sure as hell aren't able to protect yourself against a pack of flea infested mutts on drugs. They said if you were supposed to be anywhere you would be there. You are where you are meant to be."

"No she isn't we were meant to be shopping, move your ass Luna or we are going without you." Gem bellowed from the doorway.

"We were discussing possible themes for Aaron and Kate's room." Thorn grinned at Luna as he spoke.

"Bullshit you were trying to get back inside your mate's pants and as you've spent hours there already this morning you are giving her a few hours off."

Luna blushed furiously and stepped towards Gem, her embarrassment the only thing stronger than the flood of arousal at remembering how he had woken her. Thorn took her arm in his hand and pulled her into a full on assault. His kiss was all heat and passion. His hands touched every point that set her body on fire and her legs trembling. Her scent fired his lust. Her own need drowning out that embarrassment so far that she now forgot they were not alone.

"For fucks sake, I will wait half an hour that is it." Gem slammed the door and neither appeared to register her leave.

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

"Have you got the book?"

"Yes I know you think this is all a big exciting adventure Gem but I tell you this book has me really nervous. When I touched it a cold chill filled me. Just looking at it made me nauseous."

"Then let me help you. I'll open it and read what the Aunties what you to know."

"It may not be something they want you to know Gem."

"Then we'll give you some privacy to have a look on your own. Come on Lex." Gem went to get out of the car.

"Luna?" Lex asked.

"Fuck I don't know. I want to be brave I do but seriously I can't do this alone. Please just stay while I have a look."

"Fine we'll stay." Gem nodded as Luna took a deep breath and removed the book from her bag.

Luna opened the book to the first page, "To my daughters Melody, Harmony and Lyric, I leave you the book of prophecies so you can continue to guide the pack as your mother, your grandmother, and her mother before her. I know you will add your own as I have. The earliest pages are those of your Great Great Grandmother the last of course are my own."

"They gave you this?"

"Yes. Why?"

"To pass on this book to you it seems you are going to be the next to write in it, do you have the gift of prophecy?"

"No. Maybe they have just lent it to me, not because I will write in it but because I need to know what is in it."

"Is there a page marked for you?" Lex asked quietly.

"I cannot see a bookmark."

"Close your eyes and open the book to where you are guided to begin."

"What?"

"I do it with a book of quotes I have, I seem to always land on the page I need when I trust the book to provide it."

"Thanks for adding a little more, crazy, to this situation." Gem teased Lex then shrugged and said to Luna, "No harm giving it a go."

Luna however did not close her eyes she quietly asked "Please show me what I need to see, please help me guide my pack." The car was quiet and the girls held their breath expectantly. Luna ran a thumb along the edge of the book and then opened the book and began to read.

"Under the first full moon of January a child will be born. The child will have the protection of the spirits and the love of the wolves. She should be guarded and yet those that should guard her will abandon her and she will suffer and struggle."

"Well clearly that's you Luna, your birthday is in January and your father physically abandoned you, by his own will or not, and your mother checked out mentally and emotionally years ago."

"Yeah I see that too. The spirits thing could be simple, like you were watched over then or it could be that you would be able to communicate with them now, either way, it is definitely you. Keep reading." Lex encouraged when Gem stopped speaking.

"She will come to a new family of her choosing. A wolf pack will claim her as their own. She will become a great leader."

"Nailed it. By the way we told you." Gem stuck her tongue out at Luna, who frowned and kept reading.

"With her mate by her side and a council of nine with them, she will equally unite and conquer. The histories will speak of her and her trusted friends for thousands of years. She will become known as Mother Luna."

"Mother Luna? Well that seems a step up from Little One." Lex grinned, "Or it could just mean Thorn keeps you knocked up for years."